5icky

ANSWERED:Codes instead of 'Unnamed'

It appears as though i have full support. I'm really hoping TJ will see this thread... As i agree, yet again, many code collectors have TONS of dragons on their scrolls that are shown as 'unnamed' to anyone looking at their scroll.

i have to support this as well.

i have a couple of dragons with neat codes but i ended up naming them because the "unnamed" thing was bothering me. i'd much rather have the codes there for me to see instead.

Support ++ My hubby doesn't name a lot of his dragons because I send him funny codes especially ones he would appreciate from his many fields of interest and/or inside jokes for us. A lot of scroll look pretty lame with this list of unnamed dragons when actually some of them are filled with tons of funny codes.

And some of my even gen pairs are paired because of their codes... and you only see it only the lineage. Honestly, my "children" from "naughty" codes I usually name in some sort of reference to the parent in a non-naughty way, but there are plenty of codes I'd like to show that are in no way offensive.

And someone could certainly set an option to "not" be able to view codes or "show" codes if they feel it is an issue due to parents or children or whatnot.

Support! Theyve given us these cool lookin codes but its like its for our eyes only while everyone else sees "unnamed" not fair to the dragons or the code collectors! I would love to show off my codes!

I have but one 'naughty' code which is hh5Ex

But i've got these as well

F0XeD

URunU

YUmcV (renamed Yum Yum)

R3CLL (recall!)

3CoWZ

SAmyP

lSook

jajjl

Why would i want these hidden? i purposely don't name them because their codes either make me laugh or make me happy.. I want them to show on my scroll.

that is the reason i've created this thread, and it makes me ultimately happy that i've got not a single person opposed to it.

I support. Unnamed dragon use their code at lineage. So why not on scroll?

Edited by sh20000sh

Support!

I have a grey dragon coded "S0AP" heh c: (i think i remember someone else having a dragon whose code was "3Lv15" or something else that made the same name ^^)

Makes sense to me. I've always felt like the code should show up on the scroll for dragons who are unnamed because of their codes in lineages. :3

Edited by Dimar

Support! I have quite an extensive code collection now and the only person who can really appreciate it at the moment is me. I've made a spreadsheet for them, but I don't think that's as good.

Got my support as well. It's strange scrolling down my scroll and seeing "unnamed" little cTits amongst all my named dragons!

Edited by Mima

What if, instead of codes or names, it's both? Say you have a dragon named Dragon A with the code 12345, it would appear on your scroll as Dragon A (12345). You also have another dragon, unnamed due to an appealing code. It would appear as Unnamed (CodeB). Its optional to have it appear as this. Thoughts?

What if, instead of codes or names, it's both? Say you have a dragon named Dragon A with the code 12345, it would appear on your scroll as Dragon A (12345). You also have another dragon, unnamed due to an appealing code. It would appear as Unnamed (CodeB). Its optional to have it appear as this. Thoughts?

I'd be cool with seeing another column added for the codes. I've named several of my dragons after their codes, and it would be nice to have the codes visible alongside the name.

I would rather not, personally. Especially if TJ does not make this optional, and there is no guarantee that any changes will be optional. I personally only have a handful of dragons with codes I like, of my nearly 3000 dragons, I would not want the codes showing up on all of them just to show off the few I do like. Now, I wouldn't be against LibbyLishy's idea of a separate column, as it doesn't show up with the name, but is still there to be seen.

Edited by Nectaris

If this is something you care so much about - name the dragon FOR its code...

@ Mima - for instance - could NAME that dragon cTits.

The only tricky bit would be if a dragon had a code that you - couldn't really use.... but I guess if you could show it was named as the code it had been assigned, that could be overridden somehow ?

Then those who don't want the codes to show will still have "unnamed", and those who want the codes to show will have them showing as the dragons' names.... Simples ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

That isn't the point, sometimes the NAME of the code is TAKEN

And then the dragon just sits there lonely and Unnamed

So you can't name it after it's code. It's rather pointless to have it say "unnamed" instead of just showing the code. If it's possible to make it say "unnamed" with an option, then it would be much more helpful for code collectors to show off their hard work.

That isn't the point, sometimes the NAME of the code is TAKEN

And then the dragon just sits there lonely and Unnamed

So you can't name it after it's code. It's rather pointless to have it say "unnamed" instead of just showing the code. If it's possible to make it say "unnamed" with an option, then it would be much more helpful for code collectors to show off their hard work.

I bet 99% of the time it isn't....

Stop and think for a moment. Why do most people collect codes? because they're named after words.

WORDS

Most of which are TAKEN because they're words. and people name variants as well, which takes the names.

For example, i recently traded a dragon with the code 'sammy' (caps messed) but Sammy is already a named dragon. They can't name their dragon "sammy" because it's taken.

Honestly I think it's easier just to code a separate column to show codes than to make an option to show codes and/or unnamed or whatever....

I'd like it to have the Unnamed AND Code columns on the "viewing dragons" page, too, so I can quickly find stuff that isn't named.

Honestly I think it's easier just to code a separate column to show codes than to make an option to show codes and/or unnamed or whatever....

I'd like it to have the Unnamed AND Code columns on the "viewing dragons" page, too, so I can quickly find stuff that isn't named.

"Filter By-Unnamed Hatchlings and Adults"

Problem solved, it's quicker then looking for unnamed dragons through a scroll

DEFINITE support from me! I have a few that I want the codes displayed of without actually naming them (I feel like it's covering up their cool codes, even if you make their names identical to the code; it just looks more special when it's code).

DEFINITE support from me! I have a few that I want the codes displayed of without actually naming them (I feel like it's covering up their cool codes, even if you make their names identical to the code; it just looks more special when it's code).

Another added point as to why we don't want to name the dragons after their codes, but have the codes show instead as they do in lineages. Their italicized which makes them pretty.. sort of showing off you're finds smile.gif

"Filter By-Unnamed Hatchlings and Adults"

Problem solved, it's quicker then looking for unnamed dragons through a scroll

I actually don't like using that option...I rarely use the options there. Only one I use is BSA and then not even all the time.

I'd like both columns, personally.