5icky

ANSWERED:Codes instead of 'Unnamed'

I would really love to see this happen. I hope TJ at least considers it~

Definite support! I like the idea of it being optional, and I also like AnanoKimi's idea of the codes being beneath the name. However, I think the option should be on the specific dragon's page, like an action. That way you can show off any cool codes you have and hide the codes that aren't so cool.

Definite support! I like the idea of it being optional, and I also like AnanoKimi's idea of the codes being beneath the name. However, I think the option should be on the specific dragon's page, like an action. That way you can show off any cool codes you have and hide the codes that aren't so cool.

Honestly, i didn't think of this. I like this idea better then just checkboxing... Or at least being able to put it on the dragon and then having any dragons without "cool codes" say Unnamed on your scroll.. That would make things a lot easier

I really do want this in some way, if only to show off my code collection.

I think people are overcomplicating things though - I'd just keep it simple and show a code instead of 'Unnamed' for every unnamed thing. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by TheGrox

Honestly, can't it just be optional though?

Like you can choose to see unnamed or codes on people's scrolls in the "account settings"

You should be able to see it on your own scroll too.

I hope TJ sees this eventually...

I like the idea but I think the codes should just be shown not have an option in the filters for it.

This sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm not a code hunter but I know I would love to be able to see other people's cool codes when viewing their scrolls, rather than having to hover over every single Unnamed dragon. Having the ability to disable it would good, I think, so people who prefer the neat "Unnamed" as opposed to a messy list of codes could still see that instead.

Thanks guys! As a code huntress, I constantly wish i could see other people's coded dragons too... Sometimes people collect certain codes and i do secret gifting, so i watch what people like.

I understand that you can always put your nmouse over the dragon and see the code at the bottom left, but it's so much easier not to see unnamed over and over... pointless even. You should be able to change that not only on other people's scrolls but your own as well..

I fully support the original idea. I do not have many nice coded dragons but I think it would be better if we saw cool codes instead of Unnnamed smile.gif

In support with the "optional" option.

While many of us (code hunters and code appreciators in particular) would enjoy seeing codes instead of "Unnamed", there might (and quite possibly) be people who prefer the relative tidiness of the wall of "Unnamed", and with this proposed feature offering no real difference from the current state cave mechanics-wise, I think that leaving it as an option would be the most appropriate.

SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT!! I have an awesomely named waterwalker sitting at the back, and I renamed it. It is a Z' code but it would be very nice if the codes could be seen.

I also see it to be easier to use, in lineage projects when you have to list 'codes of x number of dragons' or something, it would be easier than going to the dragon's page, getting the code and going back.

Bringing this back for attention guys smile.gif

I'd like TJ to see this, there have been a grand total of what.. three people who don't support?

Lets do it smile.gif

Bringing it back,

anymore opinions guys? Ways this could be better?

I'm still in favor of something in setting to where you could have codes as well as "Unnamed" or codes instead of "Unnamed".

I'm one who would like to show off codes as well as names, especially in the many many cases where I have awesome codes that inspired the names of my dragons.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Still want! I'd like to be able to see the nifty codes on other people's scrolls, especially when I know they're code collectors.

I'm one who would like to show off codes as well as names, especially in the many many cases where I have awesome codes that inspired the names of my dragons.

That /is/ very true!

Hoping that at least the codes will show.. All i ask is or it not to be unnamed anymore. I had to make a hatch with the name "ALL UNNAMED BELOW ARE CODE DRAGONS" because i didn't want people to think i don't name them

I completley agree with this! But I think it should be optional.

I always give my dragons a name, except when I like the code. (Or when I forget, but that is corrected eventually.)

Which means that then the code IS my dragon's name. For this reason I'd like to be able to set [show this dragon's code as name], instead of it appearing unnamed. I understand that some prefers the unnamed instead, so I wouldn't mind if it becomes only an optional feature. (Should be a "per dragon" and not a "per account" switch, though.)

I would support this, although I name pretty much ALL of my dragons.

There are those that like to collect cool codes and this... would give them the option of showing those off. I wonder, though, if this can't happen because of the possibility of naughty codes? Since naughty NAMES are off limits ( ALTHOUGH naughty codes do show in lineages, I happen to know)

Just a thought.

There are those that like to collect cool codes and this... would give them the option of showing those off. I wonder, though, if this can't happen because of the possibility of naughty codes? Since naughty NAMES are off limits ( ALTHOUGH naughty codes do show in lineages, I happen to know)

Just a thought.

If that were the case, TJ would have blocked naughty codes. You control what you name a dragon, you do not control what its code is.

If that were the case, TJ would have blocked naughty codes. You control what you name a dragon, you do not control what its code is.

Yes, I will give you that. He could very well have done.

+1 Suppoooort.

I have some cool codes I wish to show off but I can't because of the unnamed status. ;n;

Just a thought.

Nah, Or he'd also put (unnamed) in the lineage views as well. The naughty codes are fun to collect, can't help that wink.gif

I would love this. There are dragons that I would remove names from just so I could show off their codes. Of course optional.

Support.