5icky

ANSWERED:Codes instead of 'Unnamed'

Seriously... It makes it so much easier. It doesn't even change the places of your dragons, it just makes the named ones not appear while you see the unnamed dragons and then you go back to 'sort all' and it's all fine again.

That isn't a very valid argument...

I DON'T like using it. What's hard to understand about that? It's my opinion. It doesn't have to be "valid" or not. Besides, sometimes I like seeing the names of my other dragons and relating them. (idk I just really don't like using the filters...)

I just don't like using the option.

I'm not saying "have both columns because it helps with unnamed dragons" (though it would help me because I hate using the filter).

I would prefer if all of the view scrolls would have both a name column and a code column. I don't always name based on code, and I like seeing the codes of some of the dragons that I named...

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I'm just trying to say that it's rather pointless.. Your views are your views, but it's pointless to announce that you dislike the filters. The filters are very convenient and if you dislike them, so be it.

I VERY much dislike the idea of having columns because as a code collector, i like seeing the pretty codes and i dislike seeing the not-so pretty codes. THe point of this idea is to make it optional on the scroll, you can set it to where not only you, but also other viewers on your scroll can see that they are not named for that reason.

Lots of people sadly, will judge because your dragons are not named. A lot of people don't name them because of the fact that they have such wonderful codes, and it's very hard to flaunt the pretty codes...

I VERY much dislike the idea of having columns because as a code collector, i like seeing the pretty codes and i dislike seeing the not-so pretty codes. THe point of this idea is to make it optional on the scroll, you can set it to where not only you, but also other viewers on your scroll can see that they are not named for that reason.

Lots of people sadly, will judge because your dragons are not named. A lot of people don't name them because of the fact that they have such wonderful codes, and it's very hard to flaunt the pretty codes...

And that's where I disagree. I would rather see both a name column (with Unnamed if they are such) and a code column. Sometimes I like seeing the actual name and the code, especially if the name is based on the code.

Also I would think that if you wanted to show off the cool codes, you'd put those dragons first and the not-so-cool codes last.

I think people will still judge if they're not named, even if they see the code, because they're weird like that.

If you'd take a look at my scroll, i do that regardless of my sort. My good codes, ones that aren't named for projects and such, are at the top of my scroll ALWAYS and under the hatchlings and eggs.

I'd also like to apologize for being such a... huh.gif Well i can't say that but i hope you understand.

Seriously, it's sort of uncalled for.. i'm sorry sleep.gif

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Definitely like some of the ideas here, just gonna need more than a few people voting to get a feel for what the players may or may not want. Really good ideas on various options.

I agree, i really hope as many people that gave ideas will also vote as well. We need to get a good portion of people on DC to actually go and vote for this or it may not end up working out... and i'd really like it to be an option

If this is something you care so much about - name the dragon FOR its code...

@ Mima - for instance - could NAME that dragon cTits.

The only tricky bit would be if a dragon had a code that you - couldn't really use.... but I guess if you could show it was named as the code it had been assigned, that could be overridden somehow ?

Then those who don't want the codes to show will still have "unnamed", and those who want the codes to show will have them showing as the dragons' names.... Simples ?

I'd prefer to keep them unnamed though.

a. I disagree with naming code-dragons that are, in my feeling, more unique than names themselves. The extra name would only destroy the effect.

b. A visitor who wants to see my collection would rather easily skip over a manually named code-dragon I wanted to show off. Codes in brackets and italic font are simply easier to notice.

c. A lazy side is that I want to keep track on them by using quick sort, and spreadsheets don't always work, I often forget to add something to my lists. I know not everyone like this sorting option, but for me it's really useful.

I have a some sort of an idea; it would be a part of our account settings.

Show dragon codes:

Others will see individual codes of your unnamed dragons. [✓]

Done, implement this end everyone will be happy. d: Leaving this option empty will keep it as it already is, with "Unnamed" instead of codes. Marked - "Unnamed" goes away and is replaced with (COd3s) :3 This would have an effect only on your own scroll.

Edited by Light Concorde

I would still like to have codes AND names show, personally. Because sometimes I do name something based on its code, and I want to show that.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Done, implement this end everyone will be happy. d: Leaving this option empty will keep it as it already is, with "Unnamed" instead of codes. Marked - "Unnamed" goes away and is replaced with (COd3s) :3 This would have an effect only on your own scroll.

I definitely agree with that! This was my original idea though, where you can go into settings and have people 'check' mark the option to show unnamed dragons..

I wasn't entirely meaning to change the Unnamed for everyone, which would go into the "optional" idea

Can we please have more voters on this? i'd like to see something said about it. There are far more then the 36 people who voted

I agree that it should be optional. Lots of people collect dragons bases on codes, they should be able to show them off.

Chiming in with an 'optional' vote. I'd choose to show codes on my own scroll, but I could see how some might prefer otherwise.

I'm for the optional version and/or the name in one column, code in another column.

-I think the two columns, or something similar, is a good idea because you might have a naming theme going on with a particular lineage, yet have a dragon from that lineage with a cool code that you want to show off.

I have:

kIlr = killer

raER2 (silly code)

FH0pJ (silly code)

I already have these dragons named, but I would like to show off the codes as well. (And I don't want to change the name.)

So the two different columns, and the optional version, for me.

Edited by heavenuniasus

I probably wouldn't like two columns, the page would look a bit cluttered, but I'd be fine with it being an option.

Just noting my support, I'm surprised this wasn't done a long time ago, actually. (I thought I remembered another topic, even, but idk)

Just noting my support, I'm surprised this wasn't done a long time ago, actually. (I thought I remembered another topic, even, but idk)

you were probably seeing the topic on changing unnamed to codes within lineages though it was never done on scrolls

Thank you for your support!

Support, I hate seeing just "Unnamed" on my scroll. Most of my unnamed dragons are because I fell behind on naming but I do have a few with great codes. tongue.gif

I was SO tempted to leave rAw0Z un-named, but I HATED the way he showed up as "Unnamed", so I named his code. I love this idea!

Edited by Saltpath

Bump for attention, we will need a lot more people to consent to this before TJ catches it. I think...

What happened to the poll?

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Bump for attention, we will need a lot more people to consent to this before TJ catches it. I think...

What happened to the poll?

As many, including TJ, have pointed out, polls don't actually tell us (him) anything, not to mention we cannot change our votes if we change our minds. I imagine he or someone like him removed it.

Uhm... just a thought here.

I support this idea because it is a neat concept. The thought of being able to see a dragons code which could be the pride and joy of the owner would be nice. But I also agree with the few (I think it was 2-3 people) that is should show... both.

Rather than adding a new column though, why not leave it in the same space as the name? For example, I recently traded for a nebula that has the code Osc4R which is rather cute in my opinion. I recently named him "Oscar of the Earthen Nebula". If possible I would like to see this implemented in the following way:

(Osc4R)

Oscar of the Earthen Nebula

Or

Oscar of the Earthen Nebula

(Osc4R)

Of course the text will be centered so it wont look as awkward as it does here but having both the name and the code for those who name their dragons even with unique codes can still display their prides and joy while being able to name them as well. For those who choose to have no name for their dragon and simply the code, it could say:

Unnamed

(Osc4R)

or simply just

(Osc4R)

So they can continue sorting by unnamed dragons. I also fully support this being optional for those who would like to keep all codes hidden the original way. Just a thought though...

Edited by AnanoKimi

I am in favor of it.

The only reason that I don't name my dragons is because I am willing to reserve their codes. It is frustrated to see only unnamed sitting next to them.

Edited by Shelybear

Thank you guys!

Please keep offering suggestions.. I'm hoping TJ will at least think about it. It's a simple tweak