5icky

ANSWERED:Codes instead of 'Unnamed'

I've always wondered why this wasn't an option. Especially with how popular code collecting has become, it would seem like a natural progression of the game to have this feature. Total support. I would prefer if it didn't display codes on named dragons without such a setting being activated in your Account Options, though.

I've always wondered why this wasn't an option. Especially with how popular code collecting has become, it would seem like a natural progression of the game to have this feature. Total support. I would prefer if it didn't display codes on named dragons without such a setting being activated in your Account Options, though.

Well for those who name their dragons with codes they like they would not be able to show off the code without having to change the name. Though I don;t know how many people would actually be bothered by that. I know I kinda would be.

I like the lineage style name and code thing so that some people can name their dragons without covering up that cool code of theirs or be forced to leave a dragon they would like to name unnamed to be able to show off a cool code.

thats jusy my opinion though.

Gosh I would love an option to allow the codes to show. I have some awesome ones I'd love to show off. ;o;

Plus yes to showing codes on unnamed dragons, and to the earlier suggestion of displaying codes in a separate column, because I name my dragons and collect nifty codes, and that would let me have my cake and eat it too. smile.gif

Support. I recently started naming even my code dragons, as the "unnamed" bothered me. Which is a shame, as I have several I am quite fond of.

Support! I have a couple of cool codes, too. I'd love to have them visible on my main scroll. Of course, I'd also prefer code visibility to be something that could be toggled on and off. In any case... it would definitely be better to see the code instead of/along with 'Unnamed'.

I also support this. I name everything, unless the code is a name. It bothers me that some of my dragons are labeled 'Unnamed' when they're *not*. Plus I have a few codes I would like to show off smile.gif

Support, seeing hordes of "unnamed" on a scroll is kind of bland. And there are some really neat codes out there.

Support since I will never be able to get the name for my Reid dragon I'd at least like to know that others can see the code for my only unnamed dragon and realize why it is unnamed

This idea has my full support smile.gif I have one Autumn dragon whose parents are both fictional characters of mine, and her code fits perfectly with the story they're in, and the only way people can see the code is if they look at the lineage.

Obviously, I could just name her, but that wouldn't be as interesting.

Edited by Lumikkja

I have a dragon whose code is SteuE, and I want to leave him unnamed but show his code. That would be perfect!

I love the idea. Just wanted to post to say I liked it. Also, bump.

I read minimally, so forgive me if this was suggested and dropped; what about a button in the naming screen that says "show code for name" that would allow you to display the codes you love while still leaving truly unnamed dragons listed as unnamed.

I read minimally, so forgive me if this was suggested and dropped; what about a button in the naming screen that says "show code for name" that would allow you to display the codes you love while still leaving truly unnamed dragons listed as unnamed.

This is my favorite suggestion for. It'd bring attention to notable codes and give full control to a scroll owner. Would there also be an option for displaying entire scroll (all applicable dragons) as code-named or unnamed?

This ^^^ some of my more fun codes, get that as their name.

This is a fantastic idea! I would absolutely support this.

This is my favorite suggestion for. It'd bring attention to notable codes and give full control to a scroll owner. Would there also be an option for displaying entire scroll (all applicable dragons) as code-named or unnamed?

That is a thought. I don't know that it goes to the spirit of naming each dragon individually, though. I don't say I dislike the idea, I am just not certain I like it enough to actually support it...if that makes sense.

I love this idea! I have so many fun codes that can't be displayed.

I was legitimately thinking of this idea and was about to suggest this myself because I have some dragons with cool codes that I'd like to display, but I hate it when someone just sees them as unnamed, because I name all my dragons.

What if the 'show code for name' button worked on OUR scrolls, instead of everyone else's, so that everyone who visits our scrolls sees the code as the dragon's name as we intend, instead of just select few people who click the button for everyone?

Because not everyone intentionally lacks a name for their dragons, and it should be their option to set it as 'code' or 'unnamed.'

Edited by arya10

What if the 'show code for name' button worked on OUR scrolls, instead of everyone else's, so that everyone who visits our scrolls sees the code as the dragon's name as we intend, instead of just select few people who click the button for everyone?

Because not everyone intentionally lacks a name for their dragons, and it should be their option to set it as 'code' or 'unnamed.'

I fell behind on naming mine, but I have several codes that I am determined to keep without a formal name. I'd love to have this as an option maybe then I would have impetus to get in gear and give names to the rest.

I feel like I've heard this idea suggested before, and would like to add that this (2013, wow, maybe it's just been refined since then) seems like the best way.

Please, yes! I name all of my dragonbabies except for Death, because of her special code. It makes me sad to see that little 'unnamed' line - I love her just as much as the other dragons on my scroll, but it doesn't look like it to outsiders. sad.gif

Please, yes! I name all of my dragonbabies except for Death, because of her special code. It makes me sad to see that little 'unnamed' line - I love her just as much as the other dragons on my scroll, but it doesn't look like it to outsiders. sad.gif

AND she has such an awsome code that it is a shame for no one to see it AS her name.