TJ09

2013-10-25 - Halloween Carnival

Huh, this is the first time I heard of this one: "Tether your balloons tightly, else risk the wind carrying them away."

Shouldn't it be "Tether your balloons tightly or else risk the wind carrying them away"?

The graveyard is still the Tombstone pic for me. I wonder if these images are chosen randomly or do they come in order? I want to see the graveyard one for the Shadow Walkers. Those are my fav dragons. biggrin.gif

My fortune for today: "Your luck number is 15. Have that many children." blink.gif

I don't want that many kids! ... I wonder if pet rabbits count? I do have lots of fur babies! biggrin.gif

So far I have only managed to see the same two fortunes, and since the first day just the statue in the graveyard with a message telling me to run.

Maybe my computer needs a good whop or something! dry.gif

Fortune:

Your lucky number is 6. Make the most of this boon.

Guess I should play a pick-6 cool.gif

Esmerelda-Zena, my lucky number is not 15, 6, 7, or 24. I will give you one more shot, but after that I'm writing you off as a looney.

Two of my Halloweens grew up...

And I did not know that they could breed! O_O

Proof - http://dragcave.net/lineage/gSAIS

they're not supposed to be able to breed the year they hatched. supposed to be coded to have had already bred on the 31st. I would call that a glitch and be wary of breeding anyway....not that any of mine will grow up in time to see if they can or not.

Edited by DragonLady86

@ALL:

Hey there folks, I could use your help for the DC-Wiki. smile.gif

I'm trying to collect all the fortunes from Mistress Zéna as cards. It would be great, if you could make a screen cap of your fortune and send the link via PM to me.

Thank you all in advance!

greez Nyastara

The fortunes cards we already have:

• Always bring a banana to a party.
  • Avoid that sketchy albino dragon at all costs. He eats hands.
  • Avoid the color purple at all costs tomorrow. Your life may depend on it.
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my child. The claws that bite and theets that catch!
  • Bring an umbrella.
  • Call up a fried or love, today is a day for strengthening relationships with those you care about.
  • Do not cross at the corner tomorrow. There's a dead bird there and you don't want to step in it.
  • Eat well, sleep well, and laugh often. Yo're starting to look a little worse for wear.
  • Hide your eggs in the coming days - there may be many clicks but few views.
  • I believe in Sherlock
  • Is that shirt new? You look fabulous.
  • Never tickle a sleeping dragon.
  • Reply hazy, try again.
  • Someone is thinking about you right now.
  • Stay home tomorrow, nothing good will come of leaving.
  • Tether your balloons tightly, else risk the wind carrying them away.
  • The admin gives you his favour today. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
  • You are in grave danger, my friend.
  • Your lucky number is 6. Make the most of this boon.
  • Your lucky number is 15. Have that many children.
  • Your magi dragons are a bit peckish. Perhaps they need a nice cordog.

@ALL:

I'm trying to collect all the fortunes from Mistress Zéna as cards. It would be great, if you could make a screen cap of your fortune and send the link via PM to me.

greez Nyastara

• Bring an umbrella.
  • Call up a fried or love, today is a day for strengthening relationships with those you care about.
  • Do not cross at the corner tomorrow. There's a dead bird there and you don't want to step in it.
  • Eat well, sleep well, and laugh often. Yo're starting to look a little worse for wear.
  • I believe in Sherlock
  • Reply hazy, try again.

It would have been nice if I read the rest of the message before collecting my card. Whoops. laugh.gif

Two of my Halloweens grew up...

And I did not know that they could breed! O_O

Proof - http://dragcave.net/lineage/gSAIS

Looks like TJ forgot to set the "Holiday breeding limit" on the Lurkers.

Oh, well, by the time my Lurker grows up in 11 hours he will have fixed this bug.

they're not supposed to be able to breed the year they hatched.  supposed to be coded to have had already bred on the 31st.  I would call that a glitch and be wary of breeding anyway....not that any of mine will grow up in time to see if they can or not.

ooook...so THAT's why my Lurkers from last year (which I know I've never bred before) had a "last bred Nov 1, 2012" on them and no children. I was wondering about that...

AUGH! Not the "avoid purple" fortune! Zena, I was trying to avoid that one...>_<

Oh well. I kinda doubt my towels...or my blanket...or my pillow...or my art folder/art bag..is really gonna kill me. XP (they're all purple)

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

ooook...so THAT's why my Lurkers from last year (which I know I've never bred before) had a "last bred Nov 1, 2012" on them and no children. I was wondering about that...

AUGH! Not the "avoid purple" fortune! Zena, I was trying to avoid that one...>_<

Oh well. I kinda doubt my towels...or my blanket...or my pillow...or my art folder/art bag..is really gonna kill me. XP (they're all purple)

I think your name gave that away. laugh.gif

Makes me jealous that I have no Cavern Lurkers. Boo! Man, would it be cool to have an extra round of breeding. ninja.gif

To everyone who replied with the breeding of my newly grown up Halloweens:

Checking the lineage, it says my Halloweens are now deceased. o: I was going to cry for a moment because I thought they were dead, but turns out they are still well and living on my scroll, thankfully. @_@ I thought TJ decided the change the rules and let newly grown up Halloweens breed, so that's why I bred my dragons.

Anyways, I'm glad that's resolved now!

To everyone who replied with the breeding of my newly grown up Halloweens:

Checking the lineage, it says my Halloweens are now deceased. o: I was going to cry for a moment because I thought they were dead, but turns out they are still well and living on my scroll, thankfully. @_@ I thought TJ decided the change the rules and let newly grown up Halloweens breed, so that's why I bred my dragons.

Anyways, I'm glad that's resolved now!

I think TJ did that deceased thing to remove evidence on the lineage pages that a Halloween dragon was able to be bred the same day it matured. And probably to protect your dragons I think. Be kind of cool to have a lineage that says the parent is dead when they're really not and living well on the original owner's scroll, still popping out kids. It's a conspiracy I tel you! He's watching our every move. ninja.gif

I think I've been watching 'The Blacklist' a little too much.

I think TJ did that deceased thing to remove evidence on the lineage pages that a Halloween dragon was able to be bred the same day it matured. And probably to protect your dragons I think. Be kind of cool to have a lineage that says the parent is dead when they're really not and living well on the original owner's scroll, still popping out kids. It's a conspiracy I tel you! He's watching our every move. ninja.gif

I think I've been watching 'The Blacklist' a little too much.

Yep! Which making my dragon appear deceased is great! That way whoever caught the egg I bred wouldn't be penalized (meaning, their egg wouldn't just vanish) and the glitch can be brushed under the rug and can't be traced back to my Halloween. xd.png I think it's a good solution.

Yep! Which making my dragon appear deceased is great! That way whoever caught the egg I bred wouldn't be penalized (meaning, their egg wouldn't just vanish) and the glitch can be brushed under the rug and can't be traced back to my Halloween. xd.png I think it's a good solution.

so the father is still there,right?

TJ just removes it from the lineage.

Can you see the children from the progeny page of that dragon?

Yes, the father is still on my scroll, and he does not have any progeny listed.

The Halloweens are there, but show no offspring. (I have two of my own glitchy eggs)

@ALL:

greez Nyastara

• Bring an umbrella.
  • I believe in Sherlock
  • Reply hazy, try again.

Ooh, I forgot about the carnival--I've been too busy collecting treats (I found Pocky! biggrin.gif )

I LOVE that banana one! DW reference for the win!

And I'll definitely keep that message in mind if I get something not on the list...but after today there's only one day left of the carnival. :c

Yes, the father is still on my scroll, and he does not have any progeny listed.

I think it's the solution we can both accept.

Thoes who breed their dragons won't lose anything,and the DC rules won't be broken.

Trick or treat sprite credits have been posted! :3