TJ09

2013-10-25 - Halloween Carnival

@ALL:

Hey there folks, I could use your help for the DC-Wiki. smile.gif

I'm trying to collect all the fortunes from Mistress Zéna as cards. It would be great, if you could make a screen cap of your fortune and send the link via PM to me.

Thank you all in advance!

greez Nyastara

The fortunes cards we already have:

• Always bring a banana to a party.
  • Avoid that sketchy albino dragon at all costs. He eats hands.
  • Avoid the color purple at all costs tomorrow. Your life may depend on it.
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my child. The claws that bite and theets that catch!
  • Bring an umbrella.
  • Call up a fried or love, today is a day for strengthening relationships with those you care about.
  • Do not cross at the corner tomorrow. There's a dead bird there and you don't want to step in it.
  • Eat well, sleep well, and laugh often. Yo're starting to look a little worse for wear.
  • Hide your eggs in the coming days - there may be many clicks but few views.
  • I believe in Sherlock
  • Is that shirt new? You look fabulous.
  • Never tickle a sleeping dragon.
  • Reply hazy, try again.
  • Someone is thinking about you right now.
  • Stay home tomorrow, nothing good will come of leaving.
  • Tether your balloons tightly, else risk the wind carrying them away.
  • The admin gives you his favour today. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
  • You are in grave danger, my friend.
  • Your lucky number is 6. Make the most of this boon.
  • Your lucky number is 15. Have that many children.
  • Your magi dragons are a bit peckish. Perhaps they need a nice cordog.

@Nyastara...

I don't know how to send 'caps' ??? but, with what I am sending I don't think it matters at this point.

I got these quotes from reading every post in this thread from day one (a little at a time)... I cannot say that I received each of them, just that others posted that they had. I have all 21 'fortunes' that you have posted. What I am posting are the ones I have that were not on your list. I cannot verify them, they are just for reference.

"He who eats little, saves lots."

"An egg incubated is a day saved"

"You should expect a windfall within two weeks. Keep your eyes open for happy opportunities"

These are the only ones that I have read about.

Good luck..

Ooh, I forgot about the carnival--I've been too busy collecting treats (I found Pocky! biggrin.gif )

I LOVE that banana one! DW reference for the win!

And I'll definitely keep that message in mind if I get something not on the list...but after today there's only one day left of the carnival. :c

Man, some of these references go right over my head. What is a pocky?

And now the hard part of the Holiday comes to me ~

Halloween is tomorrow - and I've a late shift, which means I have a chance to sleep in in the morning. But as I love new dragons, I have to decide if I want to lose a few hours of sleep in favor of getting one early, or just sleep and try later.

*I know they drop all day - I think my question is just when it will be easiest for me to try and get some of my own...

Looking forward to the release. One of my SW eggs died, I never knew it was sick, it was a gift and I'm pretty sad ):

"Reply hazy, try again"

Nuuuuu

Two eggs will hatch in 8 hours so all the spots will free up for tomorrow's release. c: First, I'll try to zombify my ex-Cheeses and a Paper. I'm not sure how I'll be catching the new eggs yet, or click-spam until I lock my scroll, or seek for cool codes first.

Man, some of these references go right over my head. What is a pocky?

Pocki (actual spelling) is an Asian candy treat, a thin bread stick with about half of it dipped in chocolate or some other flavor coating. Quite good, actually... I have found it in many US stores as well...

"DW" is a 'Dr. Who' reference... A sci-fi serial from the UK that is popular worldwide...

Edited by Husky51

Now this is curious. I only recall seeing it on the shelves and referred to in manga as "Pocki".

Edited by Husky51

Maybe it's a regional thing. Now I know the names of the treats me and my friends fight over. laugh.gif

Now this is curious. I only recall seeing it on the shelves and referred to in manga as "Pocki".

Maybe something got lost in translation? Or "Pocky" is an "Americanized" spelling of it. I know I've only ever seen it on store shelves as "Pocky" But "Pocki" does seem like it would be a more accurate spelling. *shrug* Then again, I don't know much about Japanese words.

"Your lucky number is 15. Have that many children."

Oh dear, that's a lot of... eh, catching up to do.

18 more hours.

Ahh pocky ... so that is what those things our daughter used to get are called.

I agree with SockPuppet, just thought they were ok, definitely needed more chocolate biggrin.gif

Pocky is a Japanese sweet treat: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky

My friend introduced it to us in HS. Everybody loved it, but I don't care for it much myself. Needs more chocolate. x3

Oooh, I remember when I was first introduced to them as well. My friends and I pretended we were Audrey Hepburn in that iconic photo of her smoking. XD

They were pretty dang flavourless. =P

My fortune today:

Your lucky number is 15. Have that many children.

I wish we could catch that many new eggs tomorrow! laugh.gif

I'm having such fun with the Carnival Event!

I was able to breed all my old Halloween dragons early, 1st set already grew up, so I'm ready for tomorrow's drop.

My zombie user posted image fodder tombstones are ready for reviving too.

OoooWeee! Tomorrow is Halloween! user posted image I'm so excited! user posted image

blink.gif Are you serious, Zena? Lavender is my favourite colour. tongue.gif Oh well, as long as it is not considered "purple", I got nothin' to worry about.

got all of my treats and bred a lovely lurker X ice egg. i was so nervous on what to do with it, i usually only keep 2 per Halloween dragons, but the linage looked so cool to me. i though about freezing it, but i wanted to breed it as well. sadly it later gendered and i couldn't match it to another ice.

thankfully a miracle came as a abandoned egg with a lurker X magma. it was perfect. =]

Oooh, I remember when I was first introduced to them as well. My friends and I pretended we were Audrey Hepburn in that iconic photo of her smoking. xd.png

They were pretty dang flavourless. =P

Japanese sweets, chocolate, cakes, and cookies, tend to have a LOT (A LOT!!) less sugar than American and UK candies. I found this out the hard way when I moved to Japan. Of course, now when I try to eat American candy it's so sweet I can barely tolerate it, it burns my tongue!

I bred my CB Shimmer with a Marrow and abandoned the eggs, as a halloween treat :3

Edited by Moeru

Japanese sweets, chocolate, cakes, and cookies, tend to have a LOT (A LOT!!) less sugar than American and UK candies. I found this out the hard way when I moved to Japan. Of course, now when I try to eat American candy it's so sweet I can barely tolerate it, it burns my tongue!

I bred my CB Shimmer with a Marrow and abandoned the eggs, as a halloween treat :3

Oh really?

I didn't taste much difference to the sweet things from Germany, but then again I cannot really remember when I ate food from Germany the last time, over 2-3 years ago at least blink.gif

But good I'm not living in America, the cake sizes etc. are huuuuuge compared to the ones in Japan I heard. I would get fat really quickly laugh.gif

Halloween related: I cannot wait to start my Undead experiments!

And now the hard part of the Holiday comes to me ~

Halloween is tomorrow - and I've a late shift, which means I have a chance to sleep in in the morning. But as I love new dragons, I have to decide if I want to lose a few hours of sleep in favor of getting one early, or just sleep and try later.

*I know they drop all day - I think my question is just when it will be easiest for me to try and get some of my own...

Get some sleep, they'll be available all day. And it'll be less crowded as the day wears on...

Always love to see more Shimmer/Tinsel/Holly mates x Halloweens in circulation! smile.gif

Halloween related: I cannot wait to start my Undead experiments!

Me too! biggrin.gif I hope everyone got a nice group of zombie fodders to use.

Oh, tell me about that! Can't wait to start reviving. I have a bunch of Soulpeaces from four zombie fodder White parents. I really hope that at least some of those zombify. :3 Also have collected four Cheeses to try and get a genderless zombie, and have a dragon I want undead for RP purposes. No hatchlings this year, not enough patience.

I have killed a genderless, a gendered (male) and i will kill an adult, they are for Zombie test. So tomorrow i can revive them and it has more change to turn into a Zombie?