picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Nami that I know of.

Edited by Sai

Just Nami.

x3 Also, Mistry's gonna end up cheating a bit through this game until someone corrects her. She's never played sports or games before and, as Ms. Hawkins said they could use abilities, she's gonna go straight to the Astral plane, find the flag with the straightest route possible, and then use her wind to propel it towards her.

She said they could use abilities to fight... but whatever.

Yes, I know but Mistry doesn't know yet how to separate some conotations from others. She's hard the term 'fighting' used in context with sports before though she's never participated. She observed a lot but that doesn't mean she knows everything firsthand and correctly.

Also, I'm confused about "the image of the flag." Mistry's the only one who can see the Astral plane and only when she's entered it. Were you thinking that Hawkins could see the Astral plane or were you meaning it in the context of when the flag was being carried over?

She means she saw the image Mistry sent her.

Okay guys, I have a little confession, I've never played Capture the Flag, so I'm going to make it so that none of my three have played. I think that you're supposed to tag people out and the objective is to get the flag to your side, like a game of freeze tag only with a clear objective.

Haha, it's ok. No, people are not tagged out. In video games you'd simply murder each other. But here and real life, you just plow over each other. Think of it like blitz football (rugby).

Okay then. I'm just waiting for someone to interact with Choru or Sin, or run Tatsuke's way of course.

I want to post, but i don't really have much to say until Professor Gale gives Syasurru his schedule and picks out his dragon. I can't do anything at all with Devon until Sya's taken care of, and I know Gale is still meeting with Austin (right? Or did I miss something?). Also Sya got accepted long before I posted him, I was just waiting for the right time to bring him in. He's really going to shake this place up hehehe.

Yeah I dunno, Drake disappeared and put me in limbo there... you can just pretend he already gave her the schedule and such and continue :/

I'm going to need to post tomorrow or Friday. It's too late for me to make any post tonight and I'm tired. Don't get too carried away in Gym without me please.

EDIT:

:c FRD, you changed your post x.x I was starting to respond just now when I finally noticed. *dies* Why?

Edited by Narvix

Um... Real quick. I want to point out two things from how I'm viewing them working out.

Firstly, Ms. Hawkins shouldn't be able to see the wind spikes. It's air. You can't see air. The fault with the spikes is that they are wildly 'thrown.' This means that there is no guarantee that all of them will hit. Most will fly by harmlessly passed Tatsuke and Nami, then less of what missed the first would possibly hit the others. Sin's got no worries due to magicked elements not working against her. Also, Choru and Jaden are lower to the ground, giving them better chances at avoiding the unseen attack as the flying needles were higher than Tatsuke and Nami. It wouldn't be like walking into a porcupine. There's gaps and ratios with misses being a bit higher than hits. Similarly, they're tiny. They wouldn't do much more damage than nicks, cuts, and a shallow punctures. As stated in my post, they're intended to scare away the 'hunters.' Not maim or kill. Mistry doesn't even know what maiming is.

Secondly, Nami shouldn't be able to reach Choru's neck at all. At least, from how I've been picturing him and Jaden grappling. I think Jaden would be in the way, wouldn't he? Also, I'm picturing Choru in a crouched position, making it harder for Nami to reach around and get at his throat.

That's just how I've been picturing things.

Edited by Narvix

They have to have some visible aspect to keep from PP. Can't have 100% invisible attacks just flying in. Also she's the teacher, if she thinks something will hurt others too much, she'll block it.

Also, Jaden is still hung on to mildly standing. So, Choru would not be able to crouch without flipping Jaden on his back first.

But Jaden would still be in the way of Nami jabbing at Choru's throat. Right? You've made no mention of Jaden moving out of the way.

If that was the case on Hawkins's part, wouldn't she block the electrical attack to Mistry? At any rate, how can a wall of feathers block needles shooting at about half to two-thirds the speed of a bullet? They'd be too fast for the feathers to do any good. A crystal wall would fair better.

I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the logical aspects. Plus, I'd think it'd only be fair to let Lucky decide on how much damage (or no damage) Tatsuke and Choru is dealt from the air spikes as you already have Nami completely oblivious to them by what I've read.

I get that Ms. Hawkins is the teacher but you seem to have her be fine with Jaden and Choru ripping each other to bits. If Mistry's attack seemed over powered, just tell me please. It's not meant to be over powered as it has many holes within it and a higher miss rate than hit rate. The point of it is to show her in a panicked state and lashing out on defensive instinct. That is all.

And, I wish to apologize for seeming to confuse you. Nami and Coorta weren't trapped in a 'cage.' Mistry had dropped the barriers before attacking with the air current.

He's on one side, she's on the other. I dunno what your mouth looks like when biting something, but he's tiny. Plus the fact Choru has to expose his neck to turn and bite Jaden's ear.

Electrical magic is a lot more controlled than daggers, which is why she scolded Dain as well. The magic is feather magic. it's a defensive magic that softens blows. Don't take everything MAGIC so literal. If you're looking for magic logic, then magic rp isnt for you.

If she wants to block an attack she can. She's a professor, she is a very strong mage thusfar.

Edited by Sai

There should be logic to the magic attacks. A magic RP that deals with magic on a near-postly basis needs logic to its magic even if it differs from person to person else we're just Deus-ex-Machina-ing around. If this was a setting like Game of Thrones where magic exists but is mysterious, then there doesn't have to be logic. But not when there was a war that involved it and when we're using it in battles. Else there's nothing to stop one person from saying "My thunder magic zapped you and now you can't do anything!" "Nuh-uh! I have magic that stops time!" "Oh yeah?! Well I used my magic to rip a hole in space so I could go right behind you and stab you!" "Well it didn't work because you're on fire and I just brought back the dead and you suck!"

I'm not fully sure what position Jaden is in... so I just saw Choru grabbing his ear while hanging off of his head, keeping his neck just to the side of Jaden's face while Jaden bit his shoulder while Jaden was sitting up to support the weight of a wolf biting on his ear without anything ripping. Doesn't matter, through. I think Nami would still be able to hit him especially if she was quick enough while they were wiggling around.

Narvix, I usually take your side but I think that in this RP, teacher always trumps student. Especially the gym teacher who has to make so no one gets killed in an environment where someone can literally be made of a dangerous element. It's just that they're so experienced that everyone else is stupid in comparison, especially in the early days. There's too much as stake to hire any old Joe Schmo. She wouldn't 'see' the wind per say, but she would just feel the spike in energy. I like to think of it as "Magic is a force that manipulates an element or mimics an element, and as such can be detected or nulled unlike raw material." And Feathers are pretty absorbent, aren't they? They probably just absorbed the magic instead of 'blocking' it.

ALLLSO. Fyr left, and for that I was sad. I was looking forward to interacting with him more when I had the chance. But anyway, does anyone want to play the other head of the two-headed Cultural Studies teacher with me? Or do I have to use the guillotine on him?

Well that's why we have limits on magic abilities. Thus the PP effect. Magic is not logical because it's not actually real so we have no real laws to it. It's like arguing over unicorns...

I see him kinda crouching on one side while biting. I mean Jaden is 5 ft and Choru is what? 4 ft? I mean, Jaden is very short for a humanoid male, but when put next to a wolf on all fours...

*shrug*

Edited by Sai

Well in a universe where unicorns exist, then you gotta have an understanding of what unicorns are in that universe. In real life? Ridiculous, because unicorns don't exist. But in a world where we deal with them, you'd have to know what a unicorn is and how it works. Saying we shouldn't have an understanding of magic in a magical land is like saying you don't need to know about fists in a dojo. You need to understand it if you're going to be dealing with it, and especially if we have a magic class.

Yeah but my point is no one has established a magical rule of conduct. Like the unicorns, magic is different in every story depending on the people that make it so. In essence, we have no such thing. Plus the fact that since it is fictional, many people may have different views on its reality. Thus the great circle of crap. So it's more of a "wing it" from person to person. It doesnt really have a logical nature that way, you just gotta keep power control is all. Like no, Avada Kedavras and such forth.

Well I'm not sure if being this loose is gonna work for long if there's gonna be a class about it, we're in a world where the nature of the play is to question and understand. "War is born of ignorance" is the catchphrase here, the story is about understanding and the consequences of not being doing so. There was already a big fight in OOC because no one was/is sure how this magic works.

It can easily be kept as different from person to person, but in that case everyone should be able to explain their magic abilities when questioned. It won't matter if it's not always the same answer from person to person as long as we at least have an understanding of why and how the spells work. It just needs a scheme of "How does it do this?" "Because this.", and everything will work out fine, even if we may come up with different answers it still works best if there's a basic logic to it. Doesn't have to be rocket science, just sense-able. Most things that relate to a self can just be explained with 'magic', but not during interaction. Then it just gets frustrating for everyone.

"Why can Kira shoot a fireball?"

"Fire mage, she has fire powers." (Magic, acceptable. No one else is in the balance and no one needs to know why, the same way you don't break 1 into smaller numbers. It's just basic setup.)

"Kira shoots a fireball at Tatsuke! How can he block?"

"Tatsuke puts out her fireball with magic." (Relies too heavily on the concept of magic. There is no how or why. When there is no how or why, you start walking on the slippery slopes of godmod country.)

"Tatsuke shoots a water ball, nulling Kira's fire." (Water puts out fire, not just 'magic')

"How does feather magic stop wind attacks?"

"Feather blocks everything." (Not a good idea, others will need an explanation to figure out how to get around this obstacle.)

"The feathers absorb the wind magic." (Feather magic absorbs it, not just 'magic', we can find a way to fight or get around it or at least understand it.)

Understand what I'm saying, loves?

Well yeah that's my point. If you have a question, ask, but it's not going to be a flat "All lightning magic behaves like this" and so on.

That's also the point of Hawkin's feather magic. It softens and blocks blows, as well as providing air transport.

Oh I should have elaborated, but Nami is a martial artist that goes for pressure points that temporarily disable limbs for a couple minutes. Keep that in mind if you want that hit to connect. Not any dim mak xd.png but you know, blocking chakra points.

Edited by Sai