picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

I don't wanna go back and edit my post, blehhh. I'm just going to go with the reasoning of 'Choru is a shape Nami may or may not be used to, hence his points are in slightly different areas.' Even if she practices on foxes, wolves have very different anatomy add on his bird wings which screws up everything even more.

Thinking ahead, it may not be a good idea to do chakra points on Sin any time soon, I'm not sure how it would work. I would expect it to be like dividing by zero... but I'll meditate the issue and figure out a conclusion. Just wait a few days before ever poking Sin, okay? Not sure if because chakra points are nulled on her if the 'chakra' within her is incapable of being manipulated, but on the other hand chakra points work by alerting the brain to a problem and naturally blocking the flow of energy to areas. I'm not sure if saying chakra points wouldn't work is saying she's immune to magical manipulation or if it's saying her brain is the thing oblivious to changes. It's a bit of a paradox that I haven't ever thought about but now need to prepare for, so give me a little time else the logic will bother me.

On a side note, I usually depict Sin's ability as an adult walking around a child's playroom while the child is using his imagination. He can tell her the floor is lava but she's the grown-up so of course she doesn't feel it. But if someone broke into their house and decked her in the face she would feel it. So using that metaphor, I tend to change around the scenario to the most ridiculous things to see what would work. So what if a ninja broke into their house and started madly jabbing at her pressure points? That's the question.

Oh, and at FROD, heck yeah. You wanna discuss character designs over PM or will I charge in with the appearance of the body + my head when the time comes?

Yeah, I am cool with that. As for Sin, I have been curious about her abilities. LIke, does she null or just completely abolish magical spells/things. And like lets say an earth mage made a tunnel using magic. Does that mean that if she steps foot into said magically formed tunnel, the spell will disappear and the rocks will reappear and she will be stuck in the rock? Also I believe the way it would work is that they, the chakra points, would act like pressure points. That way though it doesn't block magic, it really hurts, and people are still submissive.

Yes of course. Up next: What happens when Nami gets rabies.

Sin is a magic sink. Her abilities work as if she was a sponge and magic was a substance like water.

The way magic is viewed in this scenario is that magic is never fully whatever element it tries to be, but is instead a form of energy that manipulates itself to become almost exactly like the element in question, or it manipulates other preexisting objects to do an action. For example, when a fire mage sets herself on fire, she will not burn because in my own mindset of the world they aren't truly setting fire upon themselves (which requires constant fuel to burn), but instead their magic mimics fire to a degree in which there is almost no difference between fire and their fire magic. The only time there is difference really, is when a magic sink is in play.

So if someone hurls a fireball at Sin, she absorbs the magic and there is no consequence to her body. Her clothes, however, may burn because her power doesn't extend beyond her physical touch. What if someone was using magic to throw a rock at her? It would loose momentum almost immediately because the moment she touches the rock, the magic spell is nulled and what was holding the rock in the air and moving it forward is gone. To an extent, Sin's powers also remove some affects of magical alterations. The rock was propelled by magic, henceforth the rock is now put back into rest because it was being magically altered to move forward. Air needles shot at her would just disperse and loose their point upon contact.

One thought I was playing with in my head would be the ability for Azels to completely immunize certain substances to magic via working with them, putting another theory into play that perhaps Azazels posses a unique kind of magic as opposed to being simple sponges. I'm still playing with it, since I like the idea of not being able to set an Azel village on fire magically and having Azazel-made swords immune to magical affects. But I'm still playing with it and looking for a good reasoning as to why this could be so.

But at this point, because she is a magical 'sponge' Sin won't null something she isn't touching. If she was wearing gloves, (similar to the Deathnote affect of which Mello underwent where he couldn't see the Shinigami because he didn't physically touch the book, his gloves did) she wouldn't null anything. The same affect occurs with her clothes and boots. So as she moves along the labyrinth, unless she puts her hand on the wall the magic crystal will be fine. Same thing with the hypothetical Earth Mage tunnel. Yes, if an Azel was stupid enough to rest his or her hand on the wall that part of the wall may just crush the unlucky sucker because the magic keeping the wall suspended would be sucked out.

So what happens to magic an Azazel absorbs? What if an Azazel hugs a magical creature?

There's lore that explains a lot of possibilities about what their bodies do with all of that magic. Some anti-Azel races think that the magic builds and builds in their bodies and if they are attacked in certain ways, all the magic bursts and turns them into monsters. The Azazel religion speaks of a god who flawlessly locked their power away within their bodies because they were created with 'too much power to control on their own' and their monstrous strength exists because that is the magic locked away expressing itself. In any case, Azazels tend to ironically have energy problems and brain disorders the way certain breeds of dogs express genetic defects. It's a mystery with lots of answers, none of them clear. It all just contributes to the dislike of Azels I continue to mention, since people just seem to inherently hate what they can't understand.

If an Azazel hugs a magical creature, or any being in particular, they surprisingly won't feel any negative affects unless they are actively leaking magic in a large-scale way. The reasoning is that there is a physical body in the way of their magic absorption. Jeth would be safe from dying even though he's enchanted rock because he's fueled from within. Now if someone was running on something like a magic crystal attached to their arm or chest on the outside, they would be in grave danger of an Azel's touch. If a being was radiating massive amounts of energy, the Azel would naturally absorb all of that up and could accidentally suck up all of their magic before a being could notice! Think of it as magic circulates within a body like blood, and when it's being used it's focused to a point. It's like you're rearranging your magic veins. Put a cloth that absorbs all that blood inside a point of circulation and you could end up loosing a lot of magic if the circuit wasn't cut off quickly.

A Whisp or a Ghost, though... because they have no wall between them and their cores, they may be in danger if an Azazel touched them. I'm not sure, I think I'll leave it up to whomever role plays those races to decide how dangerous a magic sink would be to them.

THIS HAS BEEN AZAZELS AND MAGIC WITH YOUR HOST, LUCKY.

Maybe we should have a species page on the wiki, too...?

Enki, daaahling!

Nah. We've all been in gym so pretty much anyone not participating in gym is in limbo. But it seems most people have a character in gym so far anyway...

I see i see. i take it they're in the gym because of class then.

Damn she scary. And yeah, they're all in class.

I was just looking up cougars since you mentioned they can jump so far, and I came across this little tidbit, cougars have the largest hindquarters of any large cat to be able to jump like that. So I guess you could say they're... big booty censorkip.gif*cats?

Yeah they can near run straight up a wall too. Damned gravity defying cats. Oh you thought you got away from the cat running 40mph by scaling a huge rockface? WELL GUESS WHAT. These mother censorkip.gif can practically FLY. Pumas, cougars, mountain lions, all names for the same kitty.

Edited by Sai

user posted image

HEY SAI I'M REAL HAPPY FOR YA AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT THE SNOW LEOPARD IS THE BEST MOUNTAIN CAT OF ALL TIME.

xd.png Oh gosh lol I needed that. Got real frustrated about an online tutor giving me the wrong answer after helping me with an equation (lost the point for it >_<) and then practically kicked me out of the tutor chat without answering my questions when I pointed out the disconnection.

Yeah I love that snow leopard pelt and the FLOOFY tail... but cougars are our only native bigcat so I luff them xd.png bobcats are too tiny.

D'aww, I'm sorry for you Narv. I hope my corny jokes make you feel better D: There's a lot of good and bad tutors in the world, I'm sorry you got saddled with a crummy one.

North America used to be home to the cave lion, which was the biggest cat ever to live. Even bigger than the smilodon, or saber-toothed cat as it's also called. But I like smilodons best because I have such fond memories of playing Zoo Tycoon and making a wild smilodon sanctuary.

Yeah I was about to say- heeeeeeey~ Zoo Tycoon was my entire childhood xd.png still play it sometimes.

Dude, I have both ZT1 and ZT2, including the anniversary expansion pack to ZT1. I used to love it so much. Heck, I even bought the DS game when it came out. I think half of my childhood was dedicated to it, the other half being dedicated to Pokemon. Now and then I fire up the ZT2 and putz around. Sadly it's not as much fun as it used to be, back when I was able to just close off guests and derp around with my animals without a care to the constant 'angry animal' messages at the top of the screen. I can have a lot of fun playing in a real zoo now because I'm older and know what I'm doing... but I always run out of space for new exhibits xd.png

My mother bought it for me because I wanted to be a zookeeper when I was a little girl and I was driving her nuts with setting up 'habitats' all over the house, then blocking her away from my animal figurines and enclosures telling her that construction was underway. Good times, good times...

Yeah I have all the Zoo tycoons, got them and the expansions when they all came out. Was my fav game when I was little. Because animal fetish.

I did the same thing except in my room. And I actually went outside and caught wild animals like bunnies, birds, snakes, toads, frogs, a duck, chipmunk... and feral kittens, ect. Because I'm a boss like that. Mom hated it.

Edited by Sai

Sai, I just realized, you typed "Choru and Narvix" in your post for Jaden x3 I think you meant Mistry.

However, Mistry's no where close enough for him to be jumping over her. She backtracked a little bit and is going a different direction. So, he'd evidently be jumping over Choru and Nami or Choru and Tatsuke. Depending on where everyone's at. I figured there was some fair distance between Tatsuke and Choru.

Nawww, his jump was so epic, it just flew threw your pc screen. You just didn't notice....

Well I figured if she was in fighting range and they were all semi close to each other.... these wall openings are not as big as you think... they have to be somewhat close. We're not on a football field here this is still a gym xd.png

I dunno how you guys are seeing it, but I'm seeing a labyrinth like in the legend of Thesius when he slayed the Minotaur; really closed in so you're tumbling over each other when you're trying to pass by them in the hall and no one could run passed the Minotaur. Hence everyone beating each other up to get by.

I was thinking Choru, Jaden and Nami were one one side of the labyrinth and Mistry and Tatsuke were on the other side, both on Dain's team's side of the maze or someplace near the middle, but still at the sides.

I grew up in an apartment complex that had a lake that had bullfrogs, but that was as close to nature as I ever got. No wild safaris for me outside of Zoo Tycoon. Because there wasn't a lot to explore after a month me and my buddies had to use our imaginations a lot. Dang, we had some good times. I remember pretending to be warrior cats, and I played every other cat that wasn't my friends. In fact, the cat I recall being my favorite to play was 'Luckyclaw'... smile.gif

Aww D: where I live there's lots of woods, lakes, and fields >w< so I was out in the wilderness.

And no, they're all together because she said Mistry's wind attack was skimming over the everything xd.png