picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

I'm working on my post now. Devon and Sya are both going to be long walls of text. I think Felic's influence on Sya is very interesting. He's being a little more revealing than he might normally be. He's still very excited for news about Cathy, but he's also calm... Well. Calm for Sya that is hehehe. He always has that undercurrent of playfulness no matter how else he feels at any given time.

I'll post once I've finished my homework today.

EDIT: Wooo.... Posted |D

Edited by Narvix

I hope I can get something from FROD. I wanna know if Sin is going to keep trying to avoid Dain or if I should just send her to the cafeteria to steal Felic. I know she wants to head to the basement to see where these hot water pipes come from, maybe get berated by the nervous wreck janitor, but it would be boring to have a soliloquy. If he can't post, she'll just run into a Snorlax door or something and run back to find someone to torment.

I am sorry for not posting Lucky. I really meant to, however, I had an accident at work and was in the hospital for surgery, and though I got home a week ago, I haven't been able to move my right hand much until like yesterday. I'll post tonight or tomorrow, I need to do some catching up. :'(

Everyone seems to be getting hurt lately! I'm sorry I didn't post when I said I would, I'm working on one now. A quick little Sin post to break the ice going on around here. Oh, and don't worry FROD, take your time. I just hope you're doing okay.

I'll post in a few days with Felic's response to Sin. I have some confusing homework to take care of and I want to see if Lotus posts before I do.

I'm sorry to hear you were injured FROD. Hope you heal up quickly and feel better. I'll post tomorrow. I had waaaaaayyyyy too much fun on my birthday yesterday hehehe.

Without searching out, do any of you know what a wendigo is? ;D I want to make a student as a wendigo. He'd be a very twitchy character.

I do! Oh that would be a fun character to add to this mix hehehe. My post is nearly done. I'll get it finished while I'm at the doctor and post as soon as I get home. I had to do a bunch of research on Chinese/Japanese relations, how their cultures view each other, etc and got sucked into it hehehe.

A Wendigo is a flying monster/spirit that picks up people and makes them run until their feet fall off, right? I had a book of stories as a child that had a Wendigo story in it. I wanted to introduce a flat-out racist character, but I've been holding out until it became more active or for th right time. Maybe I'll try it once Windy is introduced and settled.

I look foward to your post, Lotus smile.gif

|D Now I totally need to make a Wendigo character because that is far from correct Lucky lol. Wendigos are in some old folklore tales/superstitions about cannibalism. Some faiths believe that Wendigos were formally normal humans who succumbed to craving flesh and ate it, turning into a monster forever starved and craving to devour humans. However, the common belief is that a Wendigo is emaciated in appearance, inhumanly tall, and always after flesh. I don't know if it is a common belief that a Wendigo grows every time it consumes flesh, leaving it hungry constantly. I think so though, if I recall correctly.

Scary creature though o.o Used it in a short story once |D

Alvin Schwartz's Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series includes a short story focusing on a character called a wendigo; however, this story depicts the wendigo as a supernatural force that incinerates people by forcing them to run until their feet catch fire. This depiction is likely based on a literal reading of the Blackwood short story, where the wendigo's victim is heard moaning about "my burning feet of fire; this height and fiery speed!"

Okay, looked up the Wikipedia entry. Yep, it's a cannibal thing, but it also explained that the book I used to read to scare myself silly with as a kid depicted the Wendigo as an evil spirit that well, burned people's feet off. You learn something everyday.

Sorry, it's been a crazy week getting the farm ready for winter. Plus I was waiting on a friend of mine to get back to me on proper etiquette for Sya. I've been so tired by the end of the day my mind feels like I put it through the blender and turned it on high. I will get it done and posted after I feed the animals in the morning. Toos tired to finish it now.

Woo, still got it lol. Made my post.

Now you have me thinking, Lucky, about what will happen should Sin witness a visible mental change in Felic. It would require a larger group of students (at least 7 or 8) all around/near him feeling the same kind of emotion. It could be positive, it could be negative, but they'd need to be strong. I figured her reaction would depend mostly on just what kind of affect it has on Felic. I'll have to see what happens in the future x3

But you have me thinking about this again lol

Sin is the most malleable character I've ever played. She could be in the same scenario twice and react a little differently each time. It depends on her mood and passions at the moment. But yes, it would have to either be all at once very drastically or a number of moderate changes over the course of knowing him for a long time. All in all, she will take a while to understand the true 'points' behind his empathic abilities, instead of just putting it into the mindset 'feelings are a physical force to him.'

We're all like the last three people here, everyone else vanished. How will we get that amount of people in a room to have such a strong emotion?

NPC characters. It is a large academy. Also, we can poke a few people with an interest check. Or take them out of the school when they don't have any classes for the day. *shrugs*

I'll make a post for Felic when my hands aren't occupied with a bowl of dinner.

I'll wait for Lotus's reply before I post so I can post both of my active two at once. But anyway, maybe we should poke some people, see if they still want to RP here. When we say 'almost everyone's dead', no one's joking. It's just you, me and Lotus. If we go much longer without word from anyone, the three of us may be forced to usurp the RP. Not that I would mind, since I love the premise and the ideas behind it.

Yeah, the last person not me, Narvix or Lotus to post overall was FROD, on October 13, which was only an apology and explanation to why he couldn't post. Last in-RP post not from us was from En'K'Haral back in September. Should we, and can we do anything about that...? Like, maybe start a plot or do some advertising? After activity pokes, of course.