picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Don't forget Drake. His post was within the ten-post limit for the "previous posts made" line when I made my reply.

I can send out pms to poke for activity.

Also, having a master plot or at least subplots is a good idea; gives us something to work towards.

For the advertising, I'm not sure considering I don't think Nick lurks this thread anymore.

Yeah, as much as I love the basic premise, there really is nothing to work towards. Syassuru is the biggest troublemaker we have, and he wouldn't do more than minor inconveniences from what I can see of his character. No one is outwardly malicious towards the player characters, not a teacher, a student nor any outside force. It makes the only driving force of this role play jumping class to class and hatchling drama. Further, not all player-controlled students are even in the same classes, which gives them even less of a chance to interact.

We should send out some activity pokes, and also maybe think of some ideas for an opposition. Something to push back against.

There's the idea of power hungry enemies but, that's more common than I'd like to note. Maybe people who condemn the idea of different creatures mingling together?

I think Nick was planning on something with the Shade creatures. Perhaps we can incorporate them?

I don't think the idea of this role play is megalomania. The reason the war broke out was because of dwindling resources and racial tensions, it only seems natural that those would be the main themes pressing on the students.

I think people with racist ideals will be the main antagonists... what better way to keep the races from ever speaking again than to sabotage the social experiment that says they can live harmoniously? I think the shades would be a good way to push that tension. But who will be a conspirator, then? Random men in the woods?

Lol random men doesn't sound too far fetched really x3

Anyways, I've so far only gotten a reply from Sai and she admitted that she had forgotten about this thread; said she'd pop back in for a look but I don't think she has yet.

As much as I love Jeth I'm afraid I will be pulling out of this Rp. It was a lot of fun guys. happy.gif

Well damn if Enk pulled there goes Jaden's interactions...

I'm sorry you gotta pull Enk, it was great RPing with ya sad.gif

As for what is left, we can still recover. We need to push the remaining players together though, and get a plot going. Is it just the four of us? Me, Lotus, Narvix and Sai? Or did someone else come back?

Mmm so whos doing what?

And I thought I'd just leave this here. Because Nick is a lifeguard and he often tells me this is what he thinks about doing when people just dont listen:

user posted image

Felic and Sin just crossed paths again and are on their way back to the cafeteria so Sin can eat. In the cafeteria, Devon is confronting Sya about the prank he pulled on her with Tatsuke beside her. Also, Felic's dragon hatched.

Aww I'm sorry you're leaving Enk' I really liked Jeth sad.gif.I'll finish up my post when I get home tonight. This so didn't go as I planned. Felic's influence on Sya and Tatsuke's on Devon changed the dynamic xd.png.

I'm waiting on Lotus. I'm guessing we'll start something when Sin and Felic get outside and just see where it goes from there?

.-. Life is a busy thing. Shall I get my pitchfork and you shall get your torch? Let's all just create a mob against busy life.

Hey guys! Happy Thanksgiving! Yay I have time off! I will be able to post every day from now on unless I say otherwise. I've saved up enough favors that I'm calling every last one of them in so I won't have to work as much for the rest of the year. I still have my farm to care for, but I won't be so exhausted that I fall asleep trying to type the post I've been working on for a month now xd.png. I'm stuck and I can't seem to get the right feeling across for Devon. Sya was easy, as where the hatchlings, but Devon is more complex. So hopefully listening to Hikaru Utada will help.

To all who still lurk this thread,

The Academy role play has fallen into severe inactivity. The kind of inactivity it would be impossible to break from in this current state of being. I have gotten permission from Nick and Sai, and I'm happy to tell you that Narvix and I are now the leaders of this role play. The good news is that we promise to make a much more active thread and we will promote new plots and twists to encourage staff and student reactions, hopefully getting The Academy to be a leading role play on the DC forums. The bad news is that we'll be submitting a re-boot, which will wipe this topic so we can put it under our name.

We hope to see all of you in the future, in the new and improved version of The Academy.

With love, Luckyclaw.