picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

The redhead thought she was safe for good until the black dragoness appeared again. "Eek!" she screamed at being alerted that she wasn't out of the woods yet. Taking up her sword and shield, Kathia yelled, "Damn dragon!" Then she went to the dragoness and thrust her sword at her before she backed away in case the dragoness tried to surround herself in flames again. There was definitely no running away, Kathia was just going to have to stay her and fight until one of them was dead. And if she was lucky, the dragoness would probably retreat after taking much damage.

Darkness was ready for the attack, side stepping away from the huntress before the sword could make contact to her hide.

The dragoness hissed as she avoided the lethal blade. With a leap she ascended to the sky, hovering in spot for a while before attacking. With a strong stroke of her wings she raced towards the human, jaws opening again as she shot out bursts of blue flames at her opponent, scorching anything in its path.

As soon as she saw the blue fiery breath blowing down at her, Kathia raised her shield over herself and blocked the burning attack. No way was she getting set on fire again after being burned. She held on against the flames until it over. And when that happened, the huntress would go in for another strike against the dragoness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlas winced when her wings hurt from her wounds each time she flapped them. 'Damn it, why didn't I think this through? I should have rested in the hot springs first before going out,' she thought to herself regretting her carelessness. The magi decided to land in the clearing between the trees and lay down on her belly for a break to let her wounds heal naturally.

Her nieces, thinking they may or not have arrived at the Northwest Region, looked at their aunt and Danielle asked, "Aunt Atlas, why did we stop?"

"Because your aunt needs to heal up first before we can continue on," Atlas answered. She brought her left wing close to herself and moved her head in to lick the wound and soothe the pain.

Seeing that the fire had no effect the dragoness roared, glaring at the girl below her. In a swift motion she launched herself at the huntress, her claws ready to tear into the girl's flesh as she raced towards her at a high speed. Darkness knew that this attack could probably cost her life due to the human's sword, but she figured it was worth a shot anyway. Even if she died fighting.

As soon as Kathia let her shield down, she saw the dragoness coming at her fast. The speed was too fast for the girl to evade in time and as a result, she got clawed deeply down from the chest and onto the side of her abdomen. "Ouch!" she yelped as blood started oozing out. Kathia clutched her wounds as she winced and glared at the dragoness. She retaliated with another attack from her sword.

"I think I'm about as good at magic as it gets." Nick said confidently when Dion explained further on how the hunter's mode worked, and what could be done about it. He walked to the window as he listened to the rest and let out a small sigh. He would have to go find someone whom he had never seen before and had no idea what they looked like or where he could find them. Although he wasn't much of a medic he still didn't want to go on a wild goose chase, but didn't really have a choice. He shook his head and said as much. "Well I'm not much of a medic it's true, but I don't even know how to find this..." he paused, a concentrated look on his face before speaking again "Chi was it?" The boy turned back to face Dion and asked "Do you have any idea where I can find her?"

As Darkness attacked the sword made contact with her underbelly, the wound was long and deep, blood flowed from the wound at a rapid pace. She crash landed on her side, her wings somewhat torn from the ungraceful landing. The black dragoness breathed heavily as she was losing blood rather fast, unable to move for she could make matters much worse by straining herself. Her eyes locked onto the girl's, the crimson orbs filled with sorrow as she was unable to defend herself from the huntress's attacks. Darkness closed her eyes, waiting for the human to strike.

With a perfectly good strike, the black dragoness took a fatal hit and fell to the side. Kathia held herself in pain for a few seconds before she walked over to her unconscious foe. With her blade raised up, she made one final thrust in an attempt to end the beast for good. "Hiyah!" she yelled.

If the sword does hit

The huntress let the sword sit there for a few seconds before she pulled it out and walked away from the hopefully-dead dragoness. 'I can't believe I did it. I put down a dragon bigger than me,' she thought with pride. It was a scary fight, but if Kathia can win against a large creature, she can take on any dragon in the world. But of course, she'll need to learn magic to make her next hunts easier. Once she gets treated and healed, she'll go visit the mage in the city.

Edited by Red Dragonette

The sword struck her side, pain coursed through the dragoness's body as more damage was being done. As soon as the huntress left Darkness managed to stand on her feet, her body was shaking violently from losing blood. With one unbalanced step she collapsed back onto the ground, her body too weak and mangled to move. The sight of her was awful. Dirt and blood was smeared across her black scales and most of her hide was torn from the girl's sword. She closed her eyes once more and prayed for someone to save her from this agonizing state. With a final attempt of someone helping her, Darkness reached out with telepathy to anyone that would be willing to help her, hoping that someone hears her plea.

Chi smiled bashfully to Kat, "I just like helping people is all. I'm not very strong, but I can heal things well" she explained. A brush of telepathy scraped across her mind. A cry for help not far away, "Oh, someone is having trouble...." she looked around. Chi put her hand out, taking a small stream of water from the river. She pulled it back and put it over her face. It stuck over her mouth and nose like a bubble and floated there, "As it so happens I have water magic and can breath water, I must be going to see what's wrong over there" she announced. Chi spread her wings and took off. It was only a short distance to where Darkness laid and was bleeding out. She swooped down and landed next to the dragon. "Oh my, how gruesome" she muttered. Chi crouched down and started to sing softly. A green glow came over her hands and she lifted the blood with her water magic, forcing it back into Darkness's body. She pressed her glowing hands against the wounds and they started to mend.

((For those who havent seen her profile, Chi sings a song that soothes people into relaxation and dulls pain / heals. This is her "siren" song -->

))

Dion remained with his hand thoughtfully to his face. He leaned against his desk and looked at the ceiling, "Good question, actually... She's pretty easy to spot. You'd know when you saw her. But... let's see.. She loves the river and fishes there often. Take Akuma, he could sniff her out for you" Dion suggested. He moved to the couch and lightly patted Akuma awake. The boy grumbled and opened an eye, "Akuma, would you please help Nick find Chi?" he asked. Akuma stared at him flatly. "I'll throw in some dried meat treats. And marshmallows" he added. Akuma's eyes briefly lit up. "Fine" he muttered. The hybrid threw his feet over the side of the couch and stood up, wobbling from the sudden movement. He walked outside without looking at Nick and sniffed the air. Akuma would have rathered shifting to a dragon and flying there quickly, but seeing as how Nick was human, he wouldn't keep up. He wasn't about to let Nick ride him either. "This way" he muttered, walking into the forest.

Edited by Sai

Atlas heard a distress call in her mind; it was the black dragoness and it sounded like she was badly hurt. As she thought about whether to help the dragoness or not, Atlas remembered how the black helped her against Ramkot's gang and how she went against her to help the hybrids. She was quite thankful for having her niece's lives saved and would have helped her if not for the fact that she allowed the other hybrids to live. But then again, she was a good dragoness and may have been misguided about the hybrids. So Atlas came to a decision to help as she replied, 'Hang on, I'll be there.'

Getting up, she looked down at her nieces, who had stopped playing when they heard the distress call. "Aunt Atlas, we have to go help the dwagon in twouble," said Danielle, concerned and wanting to do the right thing. Kylie nodded in agreement with her sister.

"I know, and that's what we're going to do. Come on, we have a life to save," the magi replied. Her nieces climbed onto her back and the aunt walked through the woods until she heard a song that sounded like 'lalala' and hums. The trio approached some more until they saw a purple halfling-like figure with purple skin, dragon feet, and a dragon scent too. "Hybrid," Atlas growled under her breath. Setting her nieces on the tree branches for safety and hidden under the leaves, she told them, "Stay here." Then she walked at first seeing green glow around the hands over the the black dragoness's wounds, but failing to noticed that she was being healed, as her mind was on confronting the hybrid for questions on as to what happened before she could have an excuse to go in and attack.

Once near the two, Atlas growled, "Alright, what happened?! Why is she hurt and bleeding to death? Did you do this half-breed?!"

((From now on, I"m going to try and have the nieces talk like toddlers until they're a bit older.))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kathia finally made it back to camp, where a few people saw her bleeding with burns on her body. "Oh my god, what happened?!" asked a shocked woman.

"Dragon attack... I tried to fight her off and she did this to me," Kathia answered before she groaned in pain as the wound stung her.

"Somebody get her to the medics, quick!" shouted a man. One of the men helped Kathia over to the hospital tent, where she was laid on the bed. The nurses put medicine on her burns and wrapped her wounds with bandages to stop the blood loss.

Nick bit his lip when Dion mentioned Akuma sniffing this Chi person out. He didn't want to have to deal with his attitude anymore, but for Fayt's sake he would do it. Akuma was reluctant at first, but after some bribing on Dion's part it seemed the hybrid submitted, causing Nick to chuckle. Marshmallows huh? he thought I'll have to remember that. He followed Akuma outside and an idea popped into his head. Smirking he decided he would annoy the hybrid boy a bit. Leaping to the air he shifted his form into that of a humming bird before flying over Akuma's head and dropping down as a mouse right in between his horns. "Tally ho and away!" Nick cried out mischievously.

Edited by picknick10

The black dragoness heard the soft beating of wings as someone came to help her. As the person began to sing she lifted her head to see who it was, finding to her surprise it was a female hybrid that was aiding her. As the singing continued Darkness couldn't feel any pain, in fact it was more of a soothing sensation that calmed her down. Closing her eyes she continued to lie there, allowing the gentle hybrid to mend her wounds without moving or struggling away from her. Once the wounds were mended the black dragoness sat up and inspected herself, seeing that she was healed completely. Not a scratch remained on her now repaired hide. "Thank you, I can't tell you how grateful I am for you helping me." She paused and looked around before continuing. "I didn't think I would get help from anyone around here, seeing most have hatred towards our kind."

((I like the song you chose for Chi to sing))

Akuma walked forward briskly before having something suddenly plop on his head. He snarled loudly at Nick and raised his hands, extending his claws. They stopped over Nick, hovering and twitching angrily. He thought of the marshmallows and slowly lowered his hands, "Get off" he hissed, continuing to walk. He smelt Chi getting closer and even worse, Atlas too. He came through the trees to see Chi with a wounded dragon, and Atlas yelling at her accusingly. He frowned, "Oh look, the sadistic psycho censorkip.gif*. Shouldn't you be spitting on puppies?" he snorted.

Chi glanced up as Atlas came into the clearing. She noticed the apparent anger Atlas had for seemingly no reason and cocked an eyebrow. "Would seem a bit counter-productive to attack and then heal someone, wouldn't it?" she asked. Chi rolled her eyes and went back to healing. She was used to ignoring the foul behavior of prejudice others. She finished sealing the wounds as Akuma came into the clearing, "You're very welcome, dear" she smiled. "Oh, Akuma. It's been a while" she chirped, standing up and clasping her hands together. "Oh, did you get a pet mousie?" she asked, looking at Nick.

((X3 yar I like it))

Edited by Sai

Atlas turned her head around and growled at the silver-haired hybrid. "Shut up, half-breed! Go play with your damn rat pet or something!" she said. Then she turned back to the purple female hybrid and growled, "Not if you went into hunter's mode in the first place." That was probably what happened; the hybrid went berserk and then attacked the dragoness. Maybe then the black would listen to the magi about hybrids being dangerous.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Chi laughed, "Don't mean to bust your bubble, but I'm quite harmless even in my hunter mode. I have a bit too much white dragon in me, see" she shrugged. "But ahhh, sticks and stones. I'm used to prejudice like yours" she waved her hand off. Akuma smirked at the rat comment. He slowly started to chuckle until he burst out laughing. "Hear that? You're my pet rat" he said smugly to Nick. It was obvious Nick and Akuma really didn't like each other, so the boy took every jab he could muster back at Nick. Particularly because Akuma was spiteful and liked to have the last word on things. He stared at Atlas, If she hates us so much, why the hell does she keep hanging around? he thought with a frown.

Nick smiled slightly at being called a 'pet mousey by Chi. "Hear that Akuma, you got a pet mousey now, how cute!" He teased ruffling the hybrid boys hair with one of his paws. When he noticed Atlas though it instantly put him on edge, and when she made the rat comment he narrowed his eyes. Standing up straight and glaring at her from his perch on Akuma's head. "Who you calling a Rat you psychotic monster!" Continuing to stare down the dragoness he leaned forward, using one of Akuma's horns for support as he did so. "Why don't you leave before I have to hurt you again" Nick threatened.

When told that the purple hybrid had a lot of white dragon in her and that she was harmless in hunter's mode, Atlas couldn't help but be suspicious. If the hybrid was a white dragon, then why was she purple? "Really now, huh? Let me here what this dragoness here has to say before I take your claim true," said the magi, not believing the hybrid. Then she looked to the black and asked, "Hey you, what happened here and how did you wind up injured and all that?" After hearing Akuma taunt his 'pet' rat, Atlas was puzzled by the hybrid's jeer at the rodent and wondered what was the meaning of this. But she decided to put it off right now as she had more important situation to deal with here. Then she heard the rat talking and threatening her. "Oh let me guess, you're that human boy from the broken down city, aren't you? If you want a fight, I'll be happy to deal with you!" she growled as her body became ignited with fire aura.

Back the tree, the nieces watched their aunt afar and Kylie whispered, "What's going on?"

Danielle replied back in a whisper, "I dun know, but I think Aunt Atlas is going to have a fight."

Edited by Red Dragonette

As the magi questioned the situation the black dragoness walked over to her and stopped just a few feet away. "I was in a quarrel with a huntress for she attacked me out of cold blood while I was resting. Seeing fit I chased after her hoping to injure her enough to leave me be, but the tables turned and she had the advantage with her sword leaving me in a devastating state. Knowing that I was close to fainting if not death, I called out for anyone who could help." Her tail flicked towards the purple hybrid. "She had nothing to do with my accident as previously stated, she came here because of my plea just like you did." Glancing between the mage and magi, Darkness didn't want another fight to break out. Stepping between them she roared. "Enough!, now is not the time to settle differences." She looked at the blazing magi. "If you are done investigating the situation then I suggest you leave. I thank you for coming to my assistance but another fight should not break out so soon, settle your differences another time. I'm sure the two of you have other important things to do than fight each other anyway."

Atlas learned that the black dragoness had been attacked and nearly killed by a female hunter. "So the humans have resorted to weapons from their stories. This is unbelievable!" the magi mumbled. Then looking at the purple hybrid, Atlas figured that she might have been right about not being able to attack in hunter's mode. If she could, the black dragoness would have been dead by now. "Alright, I believe your story, but why those damned scientists made you without a hunter's mode, puzzles me," said the magi. When the black tried to stop the fight, Atlas's fire aura disappeared and she said, "Right. I wouldn't want to waste my time here with a puny little pipsqueak rat human. I got things to take care of." She walked away from everyone and returned back to the tree where Danielle and Kylie were. "Come on, girls, let's go," she said as the hatchlings jumped onto her back. The magi walked off through the woods and resumed her journey for the Northwest region.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Chi shook her head, "Ah no, I have one. I'm just one of the 'duds' running around. My killer genes were a flop. Which I guess is a good thing by anyone else's standards" she said, looking around. Akuma stared flatly ahead at Chi. He suddenly remembered why they came here in the first place and perked up. "Chi, Dion needs your help with something" he stated. Chi twirled around to face him, "Oh, right then. Lead the way" she turned to Darkness, "It was nice meeting you" she said, waving and skipping off after Akuma, who had already turned to leave. Akuma led the way back to Dion's house and walked inside. Chi followed in shortly after. "Ah Chi, hello" Dion greeted. "I was wondering if you'd help out a little project. It may cure your hunter state" he explained. Chi cocked her head, "Oh? Yes, of course I will" she chirped. Akuma looked almost sickened by her upbeat attitude and slunk off to the couch again. A bag of marshmallows sat on the coffee table.

Nick stuck his tongue out at Atlas as she left, calling out after her. "Come back when you learn more than a few kiddy spells! Maybe I can show you what real magic looks like then." When Akuma left, Nick just stayed put, still parked on the hybrid boys head. It was quite funny to him actually. Shapeshifting was such a fun spell. It wasn't long before they were back at Dion's house and Akuma flopped down on the sofa. Nick smiled mischievously when he looked down and noticed the bag of marshmallows on the table in front of them. Making a dive off of Akuma's head and into the bag he popped out seconds later plopping an entire marshmallow into his mouth making his cheeks puff out comically as he stared Akuma in the face.

Akuma felt Nick jump from his head onto the marshmallows. His eyes narrowed as Nick went into the bag and ate a marshmallow. Akuma growled and raised a hand, swinging it around to smack Nick clean off the table. "Filthy rodent" he growled. Chi blinked at the event, not quite understanding what had just happened. Dion shook his head, figuring they could settle a dispute over marshmallows by themselves. "Here, Chi. I'll show you my ideas" he beckoned her to his desk. The hybrid moved over to his desk and looked over the papers scattered about. "I'm thinking of some sort of.... parasite made of a magical substance. One that would dissolve after completing its task. But it has to have a healing property to it to heal the damage of what it destroys" he explained.

Nick let out a panic squeak as he was swept off the table with a powerful stroke from Akuma's hand. He hit the wall hard and slid down to the wooden floors. He lay there stunned for a moment before getting up and shaking himself. "Someones a little protective over their marshmallows aren't they?" He taunted as he teleported back to the bag, grabbed a marshmallow before teleporting onto the desk Dion and Chi were at. "A parasite hmmm?" he asked as he downed his recent marshmallow steal. "I could maybe animate one out of pure energy, shouldn't be too hard, but I should probably get some sleep first, regain my own energy. Not safe to do magic like that when you aren't fully rested." he explained before elaborating, "If Chi enchants the rear of the parasite then as it moves forward everything behind it will be mended. As for the parasite dissolving, I can dissipate the spell at any time if need be."

Dion nodded, "Yes, one that would destroy that blockage in the front of their brain. But smart enough not to harm anything else. It's very delicate work" he explained. Akuma snarled as another was taken, "The mouse is dead!" he yelled. Akuma jumped off the couch and threw a ball of electricity at Nick before charging forward at him. Dion glanced back, looking alarmed at the sudden movement. He was able to semi control in his hunter form, but when it came to anger, Dion usually relied on charisma. It seemed Nick knew little of the subject. "Yes, perhaps a break would be best" he murmured. Chi fluttered and moved out of the way of the lightning, jumping up onto a chair.