picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

((*cough* 1. that's not possible to only block magic to a specie and 2. That's not allowed by Nick's standards))

Akuma snorted as Nick blocked his attack, "Too cowardly to fight back. Typical" he growled. Fayt shook his head and waited for Nick to return. He saw him coming in the distance and shortly debated the best option for ice. When Nick came closer and asked, Fayt moved around his his side. "Ah yeah, hold still" he said quietly. Fayt gently blew a layer of frost over the afflicted area and stepped away. "Feel better?" he asked. Rika walked around into their view, hands still on hips. "Well now that you're done being slapped around by a child, maybe you can get back to the city, hmm?" she smirked. Akuma pushed himself to his feet and clawed at the building as he stood. He muttered a number of obscenities as he did so and limped away towards the forest. A small red pygmy flew overhead and swooped down. It landed in front of Rika, raising a wing in greeting. It was wearing a little hat and what appeared to be a mail bag, "Message for whoever is in charge... though I see that's not much of an option seeing the state of this place, so here" he dug through his bag and handed her up a letter. He nodded at her and then flew off.

Rika opened the letter, "To whomever it may concern: The nation of Aquios greets you. We wish to discuss a treaty with you concerning dragons and humans. We will be coming to your city to talk tomorrow. - Woltar" she cocked an eyebrow, "Who the hell is Woltar?"

Darkness watched the scene between the mage and hybrid, sighing faintly under her breath. 'That hybrid just won't let it go will he?' She looked back towards the direction of the forest watching the hybrid leave. Its quietness was tempting to make her return, but she knew that she would get chased out as quickly as she arrived. The black dragoness sat on her hind haunches, listening to the letter being read. "A treaty huh, wonder how long that will last."

((Relax, I wasn't really going to disable magic. It was going to be explained why it was impossible or why it was a very bad idea to do so.))

After the ice bucket was full, Atlas carried it off out of the city and flew over on her way to the lab. There she was going to look to see the condition of the lab after she set fire inside. Had it burned down to the point where the flames were now outside? Was the lab completely burned down? Or was it still burning inside? Atlas couldn't wait to get there to see how it fared.

--------------------------------------

The mage agreed to teach Kathia and he went back to rebuilding the city. For now, Kathia went to the forest to look for pygmies and hatchlings to kill.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Nick chose to ignore Amuku's comment. Any nasty remarks back would just be a waste of time. Turning his attention back to Fayt he nodded and then held still for the chilling effect's of Fayt's frost breath. A shiver ran down his spine as he let out a sigh of relief. "Ah, much better. Thanks, Fayt." Nick said as he ran a hand down the edge of his jaw. When the pigmy dragon landed Nick simply shrugged his shoulders. A treaty huh? Name sounds familiar... Can't really put my finger on it though. Taking a deep breath and shaking his head he started to raise more buildings. "Hey Fayt, I had a question. Do you know if any research on Hybrids exits anymore? I have an idea involving the hunter gene..."

((Going to be making a sheet for Arcaon soon, the dragon behind "The Spell"))

Fayt smiled and nodded, "Sorry about that. Some off us are a bit more grumpy to our situation than others" he explained, glancing at Akuma's fading figure. Fayt paused, taken aback by the question. He stared at Nick thoughtfully for a while. A certain distrust for anyone being around the papers still lingered with him. "Not specifically no... but..." he trailed off, glancing at Albel. "There was a scientist... Dion" he continued. Albel shifted in spot, glaring at Fayt. "I thought... I saw him walking in the ash last night..." "He's dead, you imagined it" Albel growled. Fayt stiffened, "Either way... I don't know where he is... or would be" he trailed off again.

Akuma pulled his hood up over his head to hide his horns. He moved off into the forest into a small clearing surrounded by a thicket. In the center sat a small house. It was quiet, pale green light shining through the veil of the trees with sunbeams. A single apple tree stood outside the house, blooming with flowers. He approached slowly and stood next to the tree, staring at the house. The sound of a creaking door made him jump up onto a low branch. A young man with black hair, blue eyes, and glasses came out of the door. He wore a black turtleneck, a green coat, and black jeans. His hands rested in his pockets and he looked calmly at Akuma, "Back again?" he asked softly. Akuma frowned slightly, watching him cautiously. "Come inside if you want" he added before turning and walking back in. Akuma knew this man as Dion, a lab scientist. The one who set him free. He wouldn't call him a friend- their relationship wasn't very close to his concern. But Dion had always offered him food and shelter. Akuma waited a minute before finally following inside.

((I forgot to ask Sai what the lab looks like now, since this place is hers.))

Kathia wander through the woods looking everywhere for her first victim. It took her 18 minutes until she found a yellow pygmy eating a squirrel he caught. Smiling sadistically, the girl walked up behind the pygmy with her sword ready to kill and her shield ready to defend against its attacks. As she got closer to him, the tiny dragon felt her presence and looked back to the hunter about to attack him. He jumped back out of the blade's path and spat a fireball at her, which she blocked with her shield. She lowered her shield and then quickly raised it back up when the pygmy tried to jump at her. Kathia tried to shake him off, but the dragon got to her face and started scratching her. "Eeek! Get off! Get off!" she screamed. She blindly staggered around, dropping her two equipment, as the dragon kept biting and clawing at her. After half a minute of struggling, the girl grabbed the creature by his wings and took out her dagger. The pygmy spat and snarled as he thrashed at the air in front of the hunter. Kathia laid him on the ground as she took out her dagger and stabbed him right where it kills. The dragon's eyes closed and his body became limp and cold. Kathia had made her first kill.

Her interest was more than thoroughly piqued by the hybrid's stubborn and relentless attitude. Crimson eyes followed his path until he disappeared into the forest and, putting of an aura of nonchalance, she prowled off in a different direction until she too vanished into the trees before slinking off in the direction the half-breed had went, shrouded by the foliage around her. The dragoness trailed far behind his sense range, pausing purposefully for a minute or two before fully committing to following him, and then tracking him by her acute sense of smell. Her eyelids flickered across her four optics and she focused on her heat-detecting vision--the smaller set of eyes--on seeking out any warmth in the forest. Other than the menial presences of random woodland critters she found nothing--until a slight flicker of orange made itself known.

Sweeping her head lower to the earth to drink in the strengthening scent, Astyn crept towards what she now saw was a building. The hybrid had only recently entered but not too much so. Unwilling to step from the safety of the underbrush and into the clearing where the house was nestled, she settled down onto her stomach, claws gripping the soil as she kept her breathing low, prepared to camouflage soon if needed.

The black dragoness took one last glance at the group before launching herself into the skies above. Her night-black wings extended from tip to tip as her body stretched out in the open air. She glided above the land until she reached the tree tops of the forest, descending onto the vegetation lush floor when she found a nice area to roam in. Darkness tucked her wings close to her body once again as she landed. Lifting her snout up into the air to scent the area she found nothing, except a faint trace of blood. She figured it was from an animal's kill so she didn't bother to inspect it. The black dragoness walked silently through the familiar territory, somewhat cautious for anything that could cause her harm.

Nick wiped his brow and looked around at the city. He had reconstructed a major portion of it all by himself. It was almost done, but there was still some work to be done. The boy decided it was time for a break. Walking out to the outer reaches of the city, and farther still into the forest. He didn't know where he was going, but the air felt good, and he needed a break anyways. He hadn't been long until he came upon a dense thicket that blocked his path. He decided to walk around it instead of going through it. While walking something caught his eye, a certain dragoness from before was up in the treetops, lurking and staring intensely at something on the other side of the thicket. Nick just looked up at her for a moment, wondering if he should say anything, before he called out to her in a slightly hushed tone. "Are you my mommy" "What are you staring at?"

Edited by picknick10

Akuma didn't notice he was being followed through his walk. He paused in the doorway, looking around. Dion had stepped back over to his desk, which had papers strewn about it. He brushed them together into a single stack and looked over his shoulder at the hybrid. "Are you hungry then? Or injured?" he asked. Akuma grabbed his stomach lightly, "Hungry it is then" Dion smiled. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple, throwing it to Akuma as he came back. Akuma mumbled and walked to the couch, plopping down. "Not your favorite I know, but I know you arent eating as much fruit as you should" Dion said with a slight laugh. Akuma sank his teeth into the apple, munching quietly. Dion crossed the room and closed the door before returning to his desk, "On that note, need a checkup?" he asked.

The lab was still on fire and had now reached the outside. Atlas flew high above the blazing buildings and poured 2 quarters of gasoline on each section of the building. Explosions boomed and damaged the lab even further, breaking chunks of the building and reducing them to ash and rubble. The magi landed on the ground and used her ice stream magic to carry the rest of the gasoline to the base of the lab and bomb the floor. Now with the lab near to its complete destruction, Atlas retreated back to the city to fetch more gasoline.

---------------------------------------------

Kathia picked up the dead pygmy, grinning evilly at her victim and said, "I am going to turn you into a brand new purse tonight!" She carried the pygmy off with her to go look for others to kill. The girl trekked through the woods until she found a clan of dragons in sight with some hatchlings. Not being ready for this many dragons yet, Kathia retreated and continued to look for easier targets. This time she saw a winged hatchling that was flying a bit low above ground. The hunter hid behind a tree before she jumped him and pushed him down against the ground. The hatchling struggled to get her off, but Kathia raised her sword and sank the blade down from the back and into his heart. Another life was taken in cold blood.

The sound of rustling leaves drew Darkness' attention. A doe was rummaging through the bushes in search of lush sweet berries, unaware of the presence of the dragoness nearby. She dropped low to the forest floor, her underbelly barely brushing against the ground as she silently stalked the lone animal. As she neared the deer her muscles tensed ready to hurl herself at the quick meal ahead, tail flicking side to side with excitement.

Once the doe turned to leave Darkness wasted no time in launching her ambush. With a snarl she flung herself at the doe's neck, claws digging into its flesh as she took it down with her body's strength. The deer bucked and thrashed, trying to escape death but it was useless. Darkness sank her teeth deeper into the neck flesh, blood splattering her black scales as she bit down. With a loud crack the neck snapped in two, the body now limp and lifeless in her jaws. The doe was dead. The black dragoness devoured her fresh kill quickly, leaving nothing but a few chunks of meat and a pile of bones. Not wanting to leave traces behind she set the remains ablaze, the pile burning down until it was nothing but ash. Darkness examined her blood stained scales, sighing as she went to get washed up. She traveled down to the lake, using her tail to clean the blood off her dark scales until the crimson liquid was rid from her hide. The black dragoness stretched, a faint yawn slipping past her mouth. 'I need to rest....just for a bit.' She padded up to a area of grass bathed in the sun's light, the ground felt warm and comfortable underneath her talons. Darkness lied down with her wings blanketing her, tail curling up beside her body as she closed her eyes and fell into a silent sleeping state.

((She wasn't in a branch... but SHE IS NOW BECAUSE ADAPTABILITY.))

She observed in relative peace, settling down on the branch and feeling a calm settle over her. Then, while she was minding her own business (well, as much as she could be considered doing so while technically spying on someone), a voice came behind her and she seized up, every last muscle in her body freezing and her breath catching in her throat. Her form went invisible as her eyes flashed shut and she held the absent pose for a moment before peering down, getting over her initial surprise and shifting to bring the male into focus.

Astyn slunk to the opposite side of the tree, her body rubbing against the trunk as she curled around it. Nose wrinkled with disdain that had flaked off onto her from the hybrid's spiteful attitude toward the recognizable boy and she frowned deeply down at him. "Oh. It's you."

((Sai told me she was =(

))

Nick cocked an eyebrow at the response. It was interesting that she could vanish from sight like that so easily. "I can see you're very pleased to see me." He took a few steps closer to the tree and put his hand flat against the trunk as he looked up at her before adding in. "Don't worry I'm not stalking you. Just going for a walk. You on the other hand look like you're stalking someone, or something at least." The boy shifted his weight to the front of his feet and stood on his tippy toes in an attempt to see over the thicket. Not seeing anything he asked the dragoness "What's over there, anything interesting?"

Astyn rolled her eyes minutely at his comments, exasperated by his very presence and the persistence of his personality that was already becoming quite clear. The lass glared down at him before shifting toward the end of the limb she was perched upon, turning so that she was perpendicular to it and clutching at it forcefully. It was here that she purposefully began to bounce upon the branch until it swayed about with wild abandon, creating as much noise as possible as it crackled and swished about other leaves and branches. Birds scattered with raucous cries to aid with such a warning mechanism. With as much nonchalance as possible, Astyn plopped herself from her perch.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" she purred easily, eyes narrowing with mischief as she partially turned her back upon him, head still turned and a single optic still trained upon him. She began to stroll from where she was at, migrating from her position in hopes that Nick would be the only one discovered should the hybrid heed her warning. As she tucked herself behind a tree out of vision, she froze once more, her breathing halting momentarily as she listened.

Kathia left her second victim on the ground as he was too a bit too heavy her to carry around. The redhead went to look for some more dragons to slay and found a sleeping black dragoness. Although she wasn't experienced enough to take on a dragon that size, the dragoness being asleep would leave her vulnerable to unsuspecting attacks. Kathia laid the pygmy on the ground and walked quietly over to the dragoness. She raised the blade above the head and tried to stab her.

((Don't worry, I'm not trying to auto-kill somebody. But is exactly what Kathia would do when trying to kill a sleeping dragon. You can dodge her if you want, Darkness.))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After returning to the gas station, the magi dragoness refilled the bucket once more. She had thought she was going to get out of the city no trouble what-so-ever, but it didn't take long for the humans to see what she was doing. "Oh jeez, it's a dragon!" cried a man.

"What's it doing at the gas station?" asked a frightened woman.

"It looks like it's taking the fuel for free," said an angry man. "Hey beast, the gas station isn't yours for the taking. Scram! Shoot! Get out of here before we--" Atlas didn't give a crap what the humans thought of her theft, so she glared at them and let out a loud scary roar.

The people backed away in fear as Atlas yelled, "Shut up, you hairless apes! You shouldn't be talking now that your guns and tanks don't work anymore! But if you're going to keep threatening me, be prepared for a bruising, monkey!"

A human mage entered the scene and asked, "What seems to be going on here?"

One of the men pointed to Atlas and answered, "That dragon's trying to get away with the gas she stole from the fuel tanks. She has to be stopped!"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of this beast!" the mage said before he cast his spells at the dragoness. Atlas shielded herself and the bucket with her wings and got hit on the pike wound. She winced and gritted her teeth in pain before becoming enraged at the offense and countered with a light laser shot at the mage, who got blasted back. Gasps filled the air as humans looked in shock and worry for the wounded man that tried to stand against Atlas. The dragoness ran over to the mage and tore his head off with her teeth. (deleted gory scene) Once Atlas was done with him, she dropped the gruesome, devastated body on the ground for all the humans to see.

"Let this be a lesson for you, worms! Mess with me or any other dragon and this is how you will look when you wind up dead," Atlas warned, snarling at them. The humans panicked and ran away screaming. Now that the commotion was over, Atlas took up the ice bucket and flew back to the lab where she used her ice stream spell to the gasoline around the different parts of the lab and caused it to bomb down completely demolished for good.

Now all that was left was to put out the fire before it spread throughout the forest. Atlas used her ice magic to put out all the fires until now a tiny little ember was left remaining. "Okay, my work here is done. All I need to do is rest and then I'll go on back home," she said, feeling glad about her accomplishment. She left the lab remains and laid down with her wings folded and her tail curled around her body.

Akuma looked at the floor and nodded. A large ruckuss outside caught his attention. "What is...?" Dion murmured. He walked to the window and looked around outside. He saw the trees rustle but nothing was in them. He squinted through the thicket, seeing the form of a boy. "Ah, just a kid" he said quietly, walking back to his desk. Akuma's teeth sliced through the apple in a snap as he heard Dion's declaration. He jumped up and ran to the window. A growl escaped his throat as he recognized the figure through the trees. Dion glanced up, adjusting his glasses, "Is there a problem?" Akuma gritted his teeth, silent for a moment. "Him" he grumbled. Akuma moved to the door and stepped outside, seeing what this human wanted now.

"I said, what's over th-,"Nick stopped as he heard noises coming from the other side. Guess he would find out anyways. "Never mind." The boy turned his attention from Astyn, who seemed rather insistent on staying hidden, and back to the thicket. Pulling the thick brush aside with his hands Nick poked his head through to get a better look. What he saw caused him to narrow his eyes. There was a small house, but that's not what concerned him. There was also a man he had never seen before and the hybrid from before. He stared for a moment, feeling the rage he felt from earlier boiling up inside of him for a moment before it slipped away. "What are you doing here?" he managed to say in a neutral tone directed at Akuma.

Akuma watched Nick poke his face through the brush. He could see the same resentment in Nick's eyes that he had for him. Akuma sneered, showing his fangs, "What am I doing here? What are you doing here you stupid little human?" he snarled. Dion glanced out the door as Akuma made his remarks. His face dusted briefly, not expecting the hybrid to meet someone they felt disdain for. Dion sighed quietly and picked his papers up, putting them into a drawer. The face of the drawer lit up in a brief flash of yellow before fading. "Who is it?" he asked quietly. Akuma flickered his eyes to the side but remained quiet. He didn't want anyone coming near the scientist for any reason. As far as he'd seen, people weren't to be trusted. They always had an angle. Humans were the ones that killed his parents after all- and dragons had tried to kill him. His eyes went back to Nick, burning into him with a challenge.

Nick's body vanished for a moment before he popped back into existence just a few feet forward, this time on the same side of the thicket as Akuma. "Stupid little human?" Nick repeated what Akuma had said, chuckling at the insult. "Just taking a walk," Nick spat as he took a few steps towards Akuma, spheres of pure energy forming in his hands. "It's funny, before I met you I didn't think anyone could have a worse attitude than Albel did, then again, nor did I think that anyone would say 'thank you' with a punch to the face." His fist clenched as he stared down Akuma, squeezing the energy spheres back out of existence. He hated the feeling of betrayal Akuma had instilled in him. He had risked his life and the life of others around him when he decided to intervene when Atlas was chasing down the hybrid boy, and after that Nick had even given him some of his own energy. What did he receive as thanks? A bruised jaw, that's what. Nick would have felt less hurt if Akuma had just slunk away without a word, but to attack him. It left him feeling burned.

Akuma blinked as Nick teleported through the brush and onto the right side. "Stupid is too light for you isn't it?" Akuma retorted after readjusting to Nick's movement. His eyes flickered to the energy balls in his palms. "I'm just surprised you can actually think. No wonder you got that wrong. I don't need the help of some stupid human! It was your fault the entire hybrid mess was created in the first place! I don't want your help, and I don't need it!" he yelled, taking an instinctual step back as Nick moved forward. A memory of his dead parents came to mind, "You're all monsters" he finished quietly. He backed against the wooden post of the awning over the cabin and sneered at Nick. Lightning flickered over his body in various places as a threat display. Dion looked out wearily, not sure if he should intervene. He didn't know this random person approaching. Dion tended to be skeptical of all visitors because of his previous profession in the lab.

The scent of a foreign human filled the dragoness's nostrils, her body shifted slightly as she awakened. As soon as Darkness opened her eyes she could hardly react to the oncoming attack. The sword met its mark as it sliced her side, blood flowed out of the wound staining the grass a dark crimson. The black dragoness screeched in pain, her eyes locking onto the enemy with a furious glare. Seeing her enemy threw her defense off, she expected something more of a challenge not a young girl.

"Wha-ohhh. No, that's normal...for me anyways. I'm fine, as far as injuries are concerned." Kat said reassuring Chi of her well being...at least to some extent. The vet that my once owners hired on said it was a mutation brought on by very extensive inbreeding. Every generation of my family since captivity was inbred, it didn't help that we weren't exactly a healthy lot to begin with, or so I was told. You don't need to worry about it though. My condition may essentially be draconian leprosy but it isn't contagious. It is however genetic so in all likelihood any children I might have would be born with the same mutation." Kat explained stretching out on some grass next to Chi. "It's also linked to my magic so I won't be casting any illusions if I can help it." Kat added casually. "Not to be rude but in all honesty you seem more out of sorts than I am. Isn't it kind of awkward being dragon and human?"

Deciding that she had enough time with papers and revolver, Rina continued her search for any note or item that would confirm her suspicions about survivors. Table desk, chest... She even checked the bed (which actually was a big cloth on a pile of sand), but still nothing. Dragoness frowned, hope slowly fading away...

Then she was suddenly struck with an idea. She looked at the revolver she was just holding and picked it up again. This time she took a look at it's description on paper. Looking through lines of chieftain's writings, she finally found a needed paragraph.

"Reloading is pretty easy, but can be slow or fast depending on user's skill and his or her own ability to stay calm. Simply press the cylinder releaser (the button right near the barrel), push the cylinder (the barrel on the center of a revolver) to the left while keeping the button pressed, then unload the cylinder with tilting it down, causing the used bullets to be affected by gravity and drop down (do this step if you have used bullets inside)." - She didn't read any further, as it was all she needed.

Pressing and holding the "cylinder release" button proved to be a difficult task for her: her claws were getting in her way, preventing her from pressing the button properly. After quite a few tries she finally managed to press and hold it. Next step was much easier, and cylinder was moved without any problem. Then she tilted it down, as she has read.

And a piece of paper dropped on the table.

"Bingo." - the dragoness thought, unwrapping the paper and looking at it's contents. It was a letter, which was written in Eternal Wind's cipher language they developed during some time of holding off humans.

"EL-NAISE RUDVICH" - was all it was saying. But Rina got the message. She knew that she was the only one left here, so she tore the note to pieces. Then she took the revolver (as a reminder and souvenir) and poem and packed them in a bag she noticed lying near the chest.

Right after she was out from the cave, dragoness went straight for medic's cave. There she gathered whatever remained on the shelves - Aeolus left enough supplies here, - and packed them too. Now she was ready for travel...

...Or not. She hurried to where her cave was. There she was reminded about her father's death during the attack, which caused her to frown deeply, but she shrugged it off. Her father would not want her to dive in sorrow from the death of a parent. Rina went to where she was sleeping. She had the same bed as the others did: a cloth on the pile of sand. She looked at the chest near the bed. Approaching it, she opened it, revealing a few items here. There were fishing and hunting tools, two silver arm bracelets and what humans called Rubik's cube. She still remembered how she wasn't able to solve it even to this day. She snorted and placed the cube and tools in the bag, then equipped the bracelets. Now she was ready. Taking one last look at her home, she closed her eyes for a moment, then went out.

The best place to take off was the sea shore to the north, so Rina headed there. Soon enough she fel a familiar scent of the salty water. Taking a deep breath, she unfolded her wings and took off. She knew the whereabouts of a continent, and she turned a little to the right, straight to the south-west corner of Rudvich.

(("Rina can't solve Rubik's cube" is a running gag in Rina's story back in Spyro Realms RP, so I thought to put it here as well.

Hope I didn't do anything wrong.))