picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

Landing on the shore of Rudvich, Rina took a moment to look around. This place was a desert, just like in Solomos, but she could tell the difference. For one, it had less winds than back in her home, and it was a bit colder here. But other than that, the dragoness had no idea where she is. Except...

Remembering one of the lectures Geron, one of El-Naise's guardian mages, mentioned that Rudvich's south-western side was a vast desert, so she guessed that it was a South-West region. And if it's the desert in the south, then in the north...

Yeah, she didn't missed anything by deciding to listen to one of Geron's lectures. It came in handy. Dark-blue dragoness now remembered that to the east there is a city... was, judging by the Spell and the rage of dragon slaves. And that there are mountains and forests to the north. The rest was vague for her. So she made her decision: she was heading north. And she went towards that direction, not making any haste, nor taking in the air, since her wings needed a rest after a flight to Rudvich.

=====

Meanwhile a figure hidden in shadows was watching Neotropical wandering into the forest. After a short while he decided to follow and quietly began to leap from tree to tree, following the dragoness. He was curious about her... well, as he was about the rest of the dragons, actually. He liked to learn more about them. And this one was no exception.

((XxDragonletxX, if it's okay, I'm sticking the "figure" along.))

((Sure.))

The Neotropical continued on in the forest, often stopping to scent the air. The wind was blowing downwind, towards her, so she could get a better chance of scenting anything up ahead of her. Finally, she caught a scent, crouching down so that the mud sucked at her belly and her paws squished in the watery dirt. Her green eyes flickered back and forth, but kept its attention on the prey. She crawled forward and sprang, paws outstretched as she killed the creature with an expert blow. She looked down at the furry thing. 'A rabbit.' She thought. It was barely enough to feed her, but she decided not to take things for granted. Her jaws clasped over the rabbit as she slipped into the saftey of the shadows to finish her dinner. Tryp's needle-like teeth worked easily through the flesh of the animal and tore huge chunks of meat while she swallowed it down. After finishing her meal, she withdrew. She had to admit, it was the best thing she tasted... better than the tiny morsals that the humans threw at her. She snorted at the horrible memory and slowly stood, shaking herself. 'I have to move. I dought i'm deep enough into the forest yet, I need to continue on if I can find the others...'

Ninja watched as the dragoness killed a rabbit, then retreated in the shadows to eat in peace. Coincidentally, he was a few feet away from Neotropical, sitting on a tree branch above. And if she suddenly decides to look up, then he most likely would have to hide. Again. Human already had to hide back in the city, when dragons broke free and began to cause mass destruction, killing almost every human they saw. That's where he had to put his skills on a max: dragons had much better senses than humans, and a few times he was nearly caught. Literally.

Ninja looked back at the dragoness, not making any movements. He saw that she stood up and was about to continue moving.

Edited by TheTron852

"I'm Atlas," the magi answered. "I was taking my nieces out of the Northeast region to go live in the Northwest, because I didn't want them getting torn apart by hybrids. You know, those upwalking bipedal dragons and those that look more draconic than halflings?" Hopefully Henry wasn't going to berate her about her prejudice against hybrids like that annoying magical human boy did. But her reason sounded more like protective of the hatchlings than hostility on hybrids, so it was most likely that she wasn't going to have any trouble here.

Tryp took a quick glance around the area, passing off that dark figure in the corner on a tree for some kind of weird branch. She stood back on her hind legs to stop and sniff the air again. There were more scents this time, but they were mingled together and it took her a while to pick up the faint scents of dragons, hybrids and humans. She growled softly but ever so dangerously and narrowed her eyes. The sick humanoids must have been around in the woods somehwhere, and that meant she would have to be careful to avoid them. She thought of all the worst possibilities. She didn't want to go back into slavery, but she had the mot nagging feeling that they were going to do something even worse to her than lock her up in a cage for a few years. She scraped nervously at the ground with her paw before glancing around one last time before dissapearing into the bushes, her long tail trailing behind her.

"I didn't know there were such things as hybrids...Are they friendly?" He asked. "Wait, the dragon said she was taking her nieces away in hopes that hybrids wouldn't kill them. Does that mean their aggressive?" He countered back. "But shouldn't at least one be friendly to others?" He countered back. Henry argued with himself out loud again. "Hmm...what I want to know though is, how and why are they so aggressive if there aren't much dragon hybrids who aren't?" He slowly moved his head to face the dragoness. "Why are they so aggressive then?" He asked.

Akuma looked off to the side with a bitter taste in his mouth. His stomach churned again, not helping his mood at all. Nor did Chi's rubbing his arm as he didn't want anger to turn into sadness. Not that he could really stop that internally. "Boys will be boys" Chi rolled her eyes. She looked over Akuma, seeing he only had little bumps. Similarly, Nick just had a claw mark on his arm. "Let me get that for you" she offered. Chi gently pulled Akuma to the side and crouched in front of Nick. She hummed quietly or a moment as she healed his arm over. "Oh come to think of it, I never removed my mask did I? Oh, good thing though" she laughed, poking at the water mask on her face. "I don't need anyone" Akuma breathed, skulking back to the house.

Nick stood up slowly and let the pillars recede back into the ground. The pain from Akuma's assult faded away as Chi worked her magic. He turned to watch the hybrid boy as he walked off back to the house. Nick let out a sigh and shook his head. What am I going to do about him? Nothing I suppose. I'll just get the cure for Fayt and be on my way, then I won't have to deal with him anymore. Inhalling deeply he turned his attention to Chi and expressed his gratitude. "Thanks, I don't know what I would do without you, ah, Chi was it?" He was bad at remembering people's names, it kind of made him feel bad, not to remember her name, but in the end it didn't really matter, he doubted he would see her again anyways.

"Well some of them..." Atlas replied grudgingly to the question of them being friendly. She didn't want to admit it, but there was that girl hybrid who helped the black dragoness. Then she answered the next question, "The reason they're aggressive is because they're born with the ability to go into hunter's mode at the smell of blood. Once they go into that mode, they won't stop attacking until you're dead. That's why I don't want my nieces around them in case they bleed. It was bad enough having to lose her sister to hybrids and she didn't want to lose Danielle & Kylie, too. Edited by Red Dragonette

"Oh, Okay." He calmly said. "Wait, you said you were bringing your nieces right? So that means...." He started to scour around with his eyes to see if anything out of the ordinary. He didn't seem to find anything though."Huh, I guess its either that you hid them in a very good spot or that its my eyes are just horrible at seeing and paying attention." Henry said.

Chi removed the water mask from her face. "Yes, my name is Chi, and you're Nick. I thought you were a mouse. Guess you're a mage. Doesn't really matter either way I suppose" she turned and skipped towards the house, "Well let's get this done and over with, yeah?" she said with a grin. Dion glanced at the door as she entered. He sighed quietly, seeing the boy was still in one piece. He didn't know how to manage Akuma either. The boy was certainly marching to the beat of his own drum. He looked over, seeing Akuma back on the couch, marshmallow bag in hand and woofing them down. At least he still had some childish tendencies to him. I'll have to show him how to roast them Dion thought with a faint smile. He grabbed the wooden whistle off his desk and slipped it into his pocket before looking back to Nick, "Ready to get started then?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm a Mage... Nice to meet you Chi."Nick nodded as he followed Chi back into the house, glancing at Akuma as he passed by. He seemed to have returned to the couch and was munching on marshmallows. Suddenly Nick turned to Akuma and dropped to his knees and clasping his hands in front of him. "Why do you hate me Akuma!?!?!" he cried out in utter despair, "I try so hard I just want to be friends." every word echoing his agony. He fell over and began to sob uncontrollably, curling into fetal position... He turned his attention back to Dion, not wanted to deal with the hybrid boy at the moment. Walking over to Dion he took a seat near the desk and looked at Dion intently. "Yeah, I'm ready, I already have an ideal spell in mind, just tell me what to do, but first, I must ask, what is that whistle for?" Edited by picknick10

Dion leaned over his desk and grabbed the sketch he had made during Nick and Akuma's scuffle. He showed it to Nick, "Just a parasite to go and attack the barrier here" he pointed to its location on the drawing. "It needs to dissolve into the dna afterward. Chi's magic will take care of the painkillers" he explained. Dion was caught a bit off guard by the question about the whistle. He smiled and laughed quietly. "Ah, don't worry about that. If it's necessary, I will use it. It's a sort of... call you could call it" he reached his hand in his pocket and ran his fingers over the wooden whistle. He hadn't touched it in years even though he'd had it. It was mostly from fear for his own life, but he figured it would need to be settled soon. Especially with Fayt being cured. He sighed quietly and adjusted his glasses, setting the paper down. "All clear then? Also, I suppose it will have to be something small enough to ingest without choking on it"

"Oh they're here alright. I just had them hiding somewhere in case you were a dragon slayer. I'll bring them out for you," Atlas said to Henry. Then she looked over to the tree and called, "Danielle, Kylie, get over here and come meet Henry." The whiptail and balloon sisters left their hiding spot and scampered over to their aunt's side. "Henry, meet my nieces, Danielle and Kylie. Danielle's the whiptail with the black stripes and Kylie's the magenta one with the black face," Atlas introduced her nieces.

The hatchlings looked up at Henry curiously, wondering if he was nice or not. "Hi," said Danielle, while her sister just looked on.

Henry waved at them. "Aww...their so cute! I wish I could take a picture of them on my home and send them to my sister...If I had one!" He laughed. "Man, I can't believe how technology seems to evolve over time. I never bothered to buy a phone for some reason." He scratched his head. Henry was still unaware that the technology didn't seem to have worked anymore. Henry focused his attention back on the hatchlings. "Heyo! I have totally forgotten your names even though they were announced a few minutes ago! Seriously, what are your names again?" He asked them.

Edited by Jass

Dion leaned over his desk and grabbed the sketch he had made during Nick and Akuma's scuffle. He showed it to Nick, "Just a parasite to go and attack the barrier here" he pointed to its location on the drawing. "It needs to dissolve into the dna afterward. Chi's magic will take care of the painkillers" he explained. Dion was caught a bit off guard by the question about the whistle. He smiled and laughed quietly. "Ah, don't worry about that. If it's necessary, I will use it. It's a sort of... call you could call it" he reached his hand in his pocket and ran his fingers over the wooden whistle. He hadn't touched it in years even though he'd had it. It was mostly from fear for his own life, but he figured it would need to be settled soon. Especially with Fayt being cured. He sighed quietly and adjusted his glasses, setting the paper down. "All clear then? Also, I suppose it will have to be something small enough to ingest without choking on it"

Nick nodded and turned his palm face up, a small glow starting to focus into the center of it. The boy closed his eyes and concentrated, doing to his best. There was little room for error, and he didn't want to be responsible if anything went wrong and someone got hurt. Nick opened his eyes and looked at his palm a small glowing orb resting in the center. It was about the size of a marble. "It will be dormant until it is ingested. He said as he looked over and Chi and extended the small orb to her. He looked at it intently for a second before looking back at Chi, "Alrighty, go ahead, work your magic Chi!"

Chi and Dion watched Nick work in silence before revealing the small ball. Chi nodded and took it in hand, "Let's see..." she murmured. She hummed quietly and the ball glowed briefly, "I think that one will do. Ah it looks pretty" she said, seeing it had a feint green glow to it now. She turned and showed it to Dion, "All done, one cure for the hunter state" she chirped. She held her palm flat out with the ball in it for anyone to take it from her. Dion stared at it before clearing his throat, "Yes well..." he paused. "We don't know if it works. Or if it will hurt anyone that ingests it..." he trailed off. Chi smiled, "I can test it if you'd like" Dion shook his head, "You're the one with healing abilities. If you were injured, no one could heal you" he rubbed the back of his head and looked to the side. His eyes settled on Akuma in thought. The boy continued to woof down marshmallows until he noticed Dion staring. He swallowed a mouthful and glared back, "What?" he grumbled. Dion's look slowly transferred to Nick in a silent exchange of curiosity.

Nick returned Dion's look before nodding and taking the orb from Chi's hand. He rolled it before his fingers for a bit, looking it over. Slowly his eyes left the glowing ball and fell upon Akuma. He held it out for the hybrid boy to see in-between his thumb and index finger. "This," the mage started to tell Akuma, "Has the potential to cure you're hunter's state." he paused for a moment to let what he had just said sink in before continuing. "How would you like me to take the first step in amending the sins my race has committed." He started to walk towards Akuma. "What do you say?"

"Yes...well, sort of. My friend responded to it first. She said she was a healer so I didn't rush over with her. I came to make sure everything was ok." Kathrine explained to the dark dragoness. "I'm Kathrine by the way. You haven't per chance seen a human dragon hybrid have you?" She added introducing herself and asking about Chi since the girl wasn't currently present.

Ninja froze when the dragoness looked at him, trying not to make any movements. However, she turned away after a short while, instead sniffing the air. Since she disregarded him, the human figured that there were other people. When Neotropical went through the bushes, obscuring herself from his sight, he waited a couple of minutes, before jumping to the ground near the bushes and immediately looking around in case of danger. If dragoness was still here, it meant that she would immediately strike, since he was spying on her. Besides, there could be other dragons. Slowly and quietly, he walked around and, watching his steps, walked in the direction where Neotropical went. He avoided a random branch on the ground on his way, and a thought occured to him: "If I was to accidentally reveal myself via sound, that would be NOT the branches."

((...Seriously, characters accidentally revealing themselves with stepping on branches is a cliche, IMO.))

Chi laced her fingers behind her head as the others went silent. It only took a moment to look between gestures and looks to figure out the next candidate was Akuma. She looked off in another direction, not liking where Akumas attitude would mostly likely go. Akuma had paused in his scarfing down of marshmallows as Nick held up a little ball. Thats right, he'd almost forgotten why they were all here. He looked at the ball in silence, his mind clicking over the possibility. Then again, they really didn't know if it worked. Didnt Dion said the dna had to be rewritten? That sounded painful in the least. Akuma bared his fangs and scooted to the other side of the couch as Nick moved towards him. "Yeah except you don't know if it's dangerous. Bet you'd just love it to kill me" he growled. Akuma had no reason to believe he wouldn't be writhing in pain on the floor in the very least from the mystery cure. He didn't like being the lab rat.

Nick bit his lips and looked back down at the orb. "Yes, it is dangerous," the boy stated as he stopped walking forward. He didn't know if it would work at all, that was true, but all the same it was Akuma's choice. "You don't have to use it if you don't want to, it may very well kill you. I would expect it to be painful as well."he waited for a moment before speaking again. "You have been through enough in your lifetime, my apologies, I shouldn't have expected you to be willing." His hand closed around the orb and he turned away from Akuma. Maybe Fayt would be willing to be the first. It did seem like after all, that he wanted this the most anyways.

((To those who are new here, we have a wiki for this RP: http://dragons-vs-humans.wikia.com/wiki/Dr..._vs_Humans_Wiki ))

The sisters felt flattered when Henry called them cute. They smiled back and the whiptail answered, "I'm Danielle!"

The the balloon hatchling said, "And I'm Kylie."

"Yeah, they're cute alright. I can't wait to see what they'll look like when they grow up. I bet they're going to be beautiful," Atlas laughed heartily.

Henry smiled. "Heh, I'm sure they'll look pretty." He said. "So...I dunno, how you eaten yet?" He asked. "Cause I now have almost nothing to say since I'm guiding you all to my house." He laughed nervously. "My social skills to talk with other people sucks... " He muttered. "Hey wait, didn't you say they were your nieces? Then where are their parents?" He suddenly asked.

"Well we had breakfast this morning, but no lunch yet," answered Atlas.

"Aunt Atlas, I'm hungry," said Danielle, now having an appetite for food when Henry mentioned lunch. Atlas, having heard the whiptail, felt that now would be a good time to eat.

Looking back at the boy, she said, "Well you heard her. Let's go over to your place and--" Then Henry asked about the sisters' parents. The magi started to look mad as her claws dug into the ground and growled, "They were killed by hybrids in cold blood. Those monsters would have gone after my nieces next had I and another dragoness not killed them first." The memory of Flarina's death and how Ramkot and the other hybrids had fun murdering her made Atlas resentful of the creatures.

Henry stared at the the dragoness. "Oh. I guess the hybrids...were...well...aggressive." He didn't exactly want to talk about Atlas's past, seeing how it made her angry. "...Why don't we try and forget this for now and distract ourselves then? Despair and regret probably won't help us except turn us into witches, if you know what I mean which you obviously don't." He said, and did a nervous smile. Henry started to walk towards his house, and turned his head around to see if Atlas and her nieces were following him. I have a feeling that the last page somewhere in these chapters will soon be rewritten into a tragedy. He thought.