picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

"That's why you got to be careful around them, Henry," said Atlas. When Henry wanted to forget the conversation about this tragic past, Atlas agreed and said, "Right, it ain't good getting my thoughts pent up about it now." The family followed Henry to his house.

"So what are we having for lunch?" asked Danielle, wondering if they'll have squirrels, bears, or any other animals.

((Writer's block. Don't know what else to say.))

"I dunno. Maybe Atlas can hunt for ya." He shrugged. He wasn't sure how he could feed a family of dragons. He looked around to see if any prey was around. "This is a good chance for you two could learn how to hunt in this forest." He said. "Hunting rabbits could be your tier goal right now." He smiled. Henry used his free hand to comb his messy long hair a bit to tidy himself. "What do ya think, Atlas?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll definitely hunt. But my nieces, they're way too young to be doing any hunting at this age. I'll go see if I can get myself a bear and them some rabbits and fruits. I'll meet you guys back at the house," Atlas said. Then she went off to go do some hunting.

"So Henry, what is a house?" asked Kylie, not familiar with the word.

"A house is a term us humans use, meaning shelter." Henry explained. "I see you little cuties here are not familiar with our terms." He smiled. "Ask me if you want to know more although some are hard to explain..." He said to the hatchlings.

"Wow, is it like a cave?" asked Kylie, imagining the house to look like the exact same thing as a dragon's typical home.

"Okay," Danielle replied.

-----------------------------------

Atlas peeked her head past a tree to find a not a bear that she was hoping for, but a deer eating twigs. The magi stalked as quietly as she could to take the deer by surprise. But unfortunately, the animal sensed her presence not by sound, but by the scent it smelled. The deer quickly pranced off to avoid the predator. Atlas ran it after with earth spears launching at the creature. She didn't want her prey getting away, so that she would have to go and look again. In her haste, the spears kept missing until it hit the deer in the leg. It fell down before it got back up to run away. The attack had closed the widening distance between the two. Atlas used her wind aura to speed up herself after the limping deer.

"Sure!" He replied. "Although my house looks a bit different from a cave...it got...some..."upgrades." He quoted using his fingers. "You won't believe how different it looks once you see it." Henry said. "Trust me, it'll look different to you." He said to the hatchlings. "Anything else you want to ask?" He added on.

((Nnngh got permission to PP slightly here so no one have a cow))

Akuma sat up as Nick paused to describe the side effects of taking the test cure. His eyes narrowed at Nick, seeing that the mage was essentially calling him a coward. His fingers dug into the couch. Going to do it that way are you? I can do it too he thought with a sneer. Akuma tossed the marshmallows onto the table and looked back at Nick. The boy had turned his back to him to dismiss him. Akuma bared his fangs again and silently leapt up. He used his flash ability to quickly close the distance between them and jumped on Nick, forcing him to the ground. He swiped up the marble sized cure and swallowed it. There was a awkward silent period where Akuma sat on Nick's back. A weird tingling suddenly filled his head followed by dizziness. It was quiet again and suddenly a burst of pain his like a train. "Haaaaaaa" he exhaled loudly, hugging his arms and flopping over onto the ground. He writhed on the floor while clawing at any and everything around him as he very vocally protested. The kicking and yelling stopped suddenly in an eerie silence where Akuma laid unnaturally still.

((She would beat me with a crowbar if I said otherwise ='( someone please help))

Nick heard electricity spark, but it was too late as he was knocked down the the ground with a heavy thud as Akuma tackled him to the ground. He tried to force himself up, but he felt the orb pried out of his fingers and heard Akuma swallow it. He stopped, and there was a moment of silence before the hybrid boy let of a loud 'haaaaa' and flopped onto the ground. Nick quickly got up and rushed to his side, while avoiding the wildly flailing claws. When it all stopped and the room went silent, Nick dropped down to his knees at Akuma's side and placed two fingers to the side of his neck checking for a pulse. He felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end and time seemed to slow. There was a pulse, but it was weak "He's alive, but it's a weak pulse." he said as he let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

Dion and Chi moved closer to the scene as Nick declared he was alive. "Here let me see!" Chi exclaimed, kneeling next to the boy as well. "He's probably just exerted over the structure change. I can assume that one's body does not adjust well to that kind of change... but..." she sang softly for a minute, healing Akuma. She stopped when Akuma stirred. Akuma's eyes fluttered open but looked anything but focused. His head lolled around, taking in his surroundings. It didn't really help much since everything was spinning. He groaned and pushed himself up, trying to stand. The spinning only made him flop back to the floor. Dion crouched down next, "Seems he's a bit dizzy still. But... I wonder if it worked?" he said, unsure. Akuma seemed alive at least, that was a start. Dion was just curious if the whole process had even proved successful.

Nick closed his eyes as Chi sung, it was very soothing to listen to and made him feel relaxed. When Akuma stirred, Nick backed up a bit, not wanting a repeat of last time. "Well, there's only one way to find out." he said as he pulled out a blade. Hesitating for a moment he held the blade above his arm before making a small cut in his skin. Blood began to trickle out and he moved closer to Akuma, holding out the injured limb for the smell to affect him. He was so worried about Akuma, and curious to see if the cure worked out not he had completely forgot that Chi was also a hybrid, and would be affected by the blood. "How you doing Akuma, feel like you're going to lose control or anything?" he asked, watching the hybrid boy closely.

Dion glanced over as Nick held out a blade to cut his arm. "Wait-" he said shortly. But Nick had already cut himself. Dion grimaced and sighed. Akuma's eyes blinked at Nick's arm. His mouth twitched in attempt to bare his fangs, but his eyes remained the same. There was no unusual hostility. Dion looked taken aback, "I... think it worked" he breathed. Chi looked down at the blood and however, reacted differently. Her eyes turned to slits and she grabbed Nick by the front of his shirt, jerking him forward. "WELL LOOK AT YOU! Taunt my little friend here into taking some experimental thing and almost get him KILLED. BETCHA THINK YOU'RE SO GOOD FOR MAKING THAT CURE!" she yelled, shaking him a bit. Dion looked at Chi evenly as she went on her rant. He removed a small vial from his pocket and uncorked it, waving it in front of her face. Chi jumped back and snorted. Her eyes returned to normal and she backed away further. Dion looked to Nick as he corked the vial, "Smelling salts" he said simply. "Works great on humans, even better to their sensitive smell" Akuma swung his claws out, latching on to Nick's shirt next. He looked at Nick half dazed, but half with a glare. He pointed weakly at Nick, "You..." he paused to regain some sense, "You're a censorkip.gif***"

'Wait-' Dion's words rang out, but it was too late for him to stop, the cut had already been made, and while Akuma had no reaction, Chi on the other hand was acting loony. "Go home Chi, you're drunk. Chi whats gotten into - Oh.."Nick said realizing what had just happened. He would have tried to pull away, but he was too stunned to do anything. He watched as Dion waved a vial in front of her face and she snapped out of it. "I can see that it works well, it snapped her out imminently." He glanced at Chi again before Akuma grabbed onto him. "I'm an censorkip.gif***? You're the one who tackled me and ate it yourself. I was just going to ask Fayt to take it first, but no you just had to tackle me and take it yourself. You did this to yourself." Nick rebutted before adding in "Just think though, you're cured now."

Akuma scoffed at the scolding he received in return. Akuma shook his head, tightening his grip, "You... taunted. Oh that makes it better? ... Kill Fayt instead? Smart idea there. I'm sure Albel will be convinced you made that all by yourself!" he yelled, shutting his eyes to he could keep his senses long enough to say it all in one go. Akuma let go, swinging out his claws at Nick's face. He faltered, not quite reaching as his claws feathered Nick's face instead as he flopped back to the ground. Akuma tilted his head back to look at Dion, "If Fayt takes that cure, Albel will find out one way or another... and..." he paused, rubbing his head, "He'll come after you" he said flatly, though his eyes were half-lidded and his mouth tilted into a frown. Akuma had a few run ins with Albel before. Those few times had taught him to keep his distance. As Akuma loved to run his mouth, and Albel was not very tolerant. Chi tapped the side of her face thoughtfully, "Oh, he has a bit of a point... Since no one knows how the hybrid genetics work aside from the scientists" she looked at Dion, "How do you propose that's handled?" she asked. Dion rubbed the back of his head, "Well, I figured this would happen eventually" he laughed quietly at his own stupidity. "Doesn't matter I suppose. A cure is owed to them after what we did" he trailed off.

Edited by Sai

Nick resisted the urge to smack Akuma's arm away as he continued to grip onto him. "It wasn't made to kill anyone, it was made to cure the hunter state. I would have explained to Fayt the dangers, and it would be his choice." he explained. "Just like it was your choice to take it." he added in. When Akuma released him and made a swipe for his face Nick moved back a bit, but it didn't even matter because the strike wouldn't have reached him anyways. He looked down at Akuma and said, "Doesn't matter what you think. I'm done dealing with you. You're an immature censorkip.gif*** with a temper to boot." He closed his eyes and several more golden orbs formed in his palms and he turned towards Chi, hand outstretched. "If you wouldn't mind enchanting these Chi?"

Akuma sneered at Nick, "Yeah sure, or you'd hold it over my head" he growled. He didn't want to give anyone a reason to be able to look down at him or call him a coward. Akuma pushed himself up again. "Heh, a temper that's not done with you. Better watch your back or my claws will rip through it" he glared at Nick. Dion grabbed his arm, helping him to stand again. He shrugged faintly at Nick, continuing to hold onto Akuma after he was standing. It was partly so the boy wouldn't lunge at Nick again. He looked to Chi, "Yes, and perhaps you should up the dose" he suggested. Chi crossed the room again and put her hands over the orbs, humming again. "If that's that, I may take my leave as well. I don't mean to clutter the place" she chirped, smiling and turning on her heel. Chi walked through the door and stretched her wings out once she was outside. Being inside was such on odd feeling with no place to spread her wings. Akuma grumbled and separated himself from Dion. He fumbled over to the table, grabbing his marshmallows. He went outside and dropped the bag. He shifted up to his dragon form and spread his own wings out. His size made his wings nearly twice Chi's wingspan. He glanced over and smirked, picking up his bag in his teeth he flew off. "Showoff" Chi rolled her eyes.

The black dragoness nods at Kathrine. "That I have, she left with another hybrid and a mage after she healed me." She flicked her tail in the direction they went. "My name is Darkness by the way, and its a pleasure of meeting you Kathrine."

"Sure!" He replied. "Although my house looks a bit different from a cave...it got...some..."upgrades." He quoted using his fingers. "You won't believe how different it looks once you see it." Henry said. "Trust me, it'll look different to you." He said to the hatchlings. "Anything else you want to ask?" He added on.

"Upgwades?" asked Danielle.

After being told that the house will look different from a cave, Kylie replied, "Nah, we just wan to see da house." The sister were very curious to see what this house would look like.

((No, I did not misspell by accident. I'm just practicing toddler-talk.))

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlas finally caught up to the deer and clamped her jaws down on it for the kill. She ate and munched on the creature, tasting its savory flesh and blood. Then after she ate, the magi went to hunt for another animal to eat, since one deer wasn't enough for a 16-foot-tall beast like her. This time, Atlas found a couple of squirrels and killed them with ice needles. She carried the pair with her and soon found an apple tree. She picked off three of the fruits and walked on some more until she found a bear, an animal that one of the slaves told her was delicious. Putting the hatchlings' foods down, she charged at the big prey and the bear turn tail to run from its predator.

"Well...I dunno. Its just...different." He shrugged. He wasn't sure how how to answer the hatchings questions. "To upgrade is to improve an object, changing it so it'll work better." He explained to Danielle. I wish I have an apple to chew on!~ He thought. "I have a feeling my sister isn't going to be happy that I'm late. But I'm sure she'll be alright, she has the magic of computers and TV, after all." He quietly muttered.

~~~

((Henry's sister is accepted,btw.))

"Ahhhhhh! Why won't you work Computer?!" She shouted, and shook the computer. "Why does the black outs have to troll me? WHY?!" She screamed. A black out seemed to have appeared, causing her TV and Computer to not work at all. "Damn it Henry! WHY ARE YOU SO LATE?" She screamed. She took out a frying pan. "I swear I'm going to murder him using this pan!" She shouted.

Nick just shook his head as Akuma left, and waved as Chi took her leave. He thought about what Akuma said, but he didn't care. That kid is just something else... He wondered how Fayt would react when Nick revealed that he had a cure for the hunter's mode. It brought a smile to his face. Slowly he looked at the orbs and realized he had made four, although he only needed one. Sighing he closed his hands around the four orbs and turned to Dion. "Did you want to keep the other three orbs, in-case any more of your hybrids show up and want a cure? I only need the one for Fayt." He said lifting up his hand as he opened his closed fingers and offered three of the orbs to him.

Atlas used her earth magic to raise a stone wall in front of the bear, which the prey crashed into. The magi caught her prey and devoured the bear to fill her belly. Now that she was full, Atlas licked the blood of her lips and pushed off the remains of the flesh between her teeth to swallow to finish the rest of second part of lunch. The magi took the apples and squirrels and telepathically call one of her nieces, 'Kylie, use your telepathy to send me an image of Henry's house.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ohh," replied Danielle.

Kylie heard her aunt in her mind and replied, 'We haven't gotten to da house yet, Aunt Atlas. We just still going dere.'

'Okay, let me know when you guys get there, okay?' said the aunt.

'Okay, Aunt Atlas,' the balloon hatchling replied.

Dion watched the others leave and looked to Nick next. His eyes shifted down to the orbs in Nick's hands, "I suppose that would come out helpful, yes. If Albel hunts me down, perhaps I'll have something for him" he laughed humorlessly. He took the three orbs from Nick and set them on his desk. He smiled, "I would tell you to give Fayt my best, but... you know" he rubbed the back of his head again.

Rika walked back towards the city, fish stick in hand. Albel followed behind and looked around as they walked. A good portion of debris had been taken out now. At least the cleanup was going fast. People were eager to rebuild for their own safety. Fayt wandered over to them as they approached, "Think we should mention something about the mystery dragons?" he asked. Rika stared at him blankly, taking a bite from the fish. "And who exactly would you report that to?" she asked, chewing her food. "We don't exactly have a hierarchy right now"

"Yep." Henry smiled. "I think we're almost to my house. But let's continue talking. Let's see....hmmm...Uh...I dunno, do you...?" He drifted off a bit. What should I ask them? He thought. "Uhhh...well...I really don't know...could you maybe talk about yourselves?" He asked. He wanted to know about them. "It's alright if you think its a bit too personal...I could talk about myself if you want..." He added on.

((Okay, homework is done. Now to RP.))

"Sure! I like ta wun awound and play," said Danielle.

Kylie said next, "And I like ta blow up like a balloon and bounce awound. It's really fun!"

"When she does that, I like to toss her around. Mommy and Daddy would play with us, too," said Danielle. Then she asked, "Do you do anything for fun, Henwy?"

"Ohm. W-well...I guess I like to..." He thought about it for a minute. "I...I guess I like to hang out with my sister. Sure, she's, aggressive most of the times, but when she isn't, she watches movies with me sometimes, and we like to talk about the emotional times." He smiled. "I suppose you can say having her force me to have me to cross dress is counted as "fun" also...although I'm not sure if its either counted as a sibling bond or just her going on her otaku ways..." He sighed. "Archery and eating is fun too, I guess." He yawned.

Edited by Jass

"Wow, you do a lot of weird things, Henwy," said Danielle.

"Yeah, are we going to see you and you sister doing those stuff when we get to you house?" asked Kylie. The sisters wondered what the movies look like, what cross-dressing is, and what archery is.

((Writer's block))