picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

Fayt and Albel easily moved out of the way of the reflected attack. "You are an evil being, and everyone here can see right through you" Fayt yelled as he saw Darkness join in next. "You're the only killer here. Going after some kid. I don't know how you sleep at night" he scolded. Fayt didn't like fighting, but even more so he was very stubborn about abandoning those in need. Rika poked out again, firing three more arrows. Fayt and Albel zipped around at the same time, breathing their breaths on either side of her. Albel continued forward to slash at her with his claws. Rika followed up, unsheathing her sword and running out. Her sword was enchanted to cut through any type of magic. She ran sword first and cleaved it through the wind shield around Atlas.

Chi looked back at Kat with a sudden look of curiosity, "Oh, sorry. I didn't know" she apologized. Chi changed her slope downward, taking a landing by the river. It really only was a short distance from the rubble of the old city. "Here, wash up then. Plenty of clean water" she grinned, motioning to the running water.

Edited by Sai

Pieces of stone broke off from Nick's pillar and formed into three sturdy pikes of stone. "Dragon, have you not seen how ruthless hybrids can be? Have you not seen how vicious dragons can be? Have you not seen the atrocities committed by countless humans? I could keep going until every race has been listed, would that give me a righteous reason to go, chase down, and slaughter any one of them? You cannot condemn the whole for the deeds of a portion." Nick's stone pikes rose up and one of them shot forward towards Atlas, while the other two stayed behind, still ready for use. "I have fought Albel, a hybrid may I remind you, and he has shown me mercy. Does this sound ruthless to you dragon?" He launched another pike before continuing. "I have been crushed by a building, only to be helped up by Fayt, another hybrid. You are misguided, and you're mind has been poisoned by hatred." And with that he launched the final pike.

Edited by picknick10

"It's alright." Kat said following Chi down. She decided to land directly into the river with a splash. the water was cool and extremely refreshing. She even began lapping it up right there having been without water since her flight through last night's inferno. The ash and a number of green scales were washed downstream as Kat cleaned herself up happy to be rid of the hideous green rotting itching irritants.

Kat climbed out of the river once she was pristine again and shook herself off. "I guess it must be weird to meet a dragon that can't fly well. But you could count on one human hand the number of times I was allowed to fly while in captivity. So I never really had any time to practice." She Explained to Chi picking at one last rotten scale that was too stubborn to come loose. Giving up on the scale Kat turned her attention to Chi fully again. "Still now that I'm free I intend to practice. Speaking of, I think I've got enough in me to try flying again. Is the lake we're heading to your home or something or is it just a place you know?"

Rina stopped in her tracks and turned around to look at Aeolus. His question made her think about it: really, what she was going to do after this whole mess? After a short pause she replied: "When I'll check the cave... I have no idea. For my whole life I was unable to travel anywhere, as the others needed me here. Maybe I'll go travelling to find a new purpose for myself..."

She looked towards the place she used to catch fish with others. "Or one day, if El-Naise and some others are still alive, we'll try to rebuild our clan... but much later, after everything settles down." - Finished, Rina entered her chieftain's cave.

Looking at the familiar interior, wind dragoness thought for the first time about her previous visit. Back then she had a personal talk with El-Naise right after the latter was made a new chieftain after the previous one was killed, defending the village from a tank. The interior here almost didn't change, except for some papers and a human revolver. Naturally, Rina checked the papers first.

First paper had information about human weapons and tactics against them. But since the Spell was cast, it was pretty much useless. Next one was about food and material stock. Others were some sort of a poem - it was a surprise for the dragoness that her chieftain wrote poems, and the very last paper...

Rina looked at the revolver. The paper was about this weapon. She knew that it was out of use because of the Spell, but still... She put down the paper and took the revolver. It felt foreign in her paws, and was pretty light (for dragons standarts), about a kilogramm. She held the revolver as it was supposed to be held, pointed it at the wall, and pressed the trigger.

Click!

...Nothing happened. "...Should have expected that." - thought Rina, putting the revolver back on the table.

The hybrid continued to rebuke her before he and the other hybrid went around and tried to breathe ice and magma at her again. Having gotten used to fast opponents after fighting hybrids, Atlas was ready for them. She intensified her wind aura and kept the attacks at bay. The winds blew back the black hybrid from slashing at her as well as pushing back the arrows. Also, Atlas had been flying above ground the whole time, so the human girl couldn't get to her. ((I never said Atlas landed on the ground.)) Then the boy told her about how all three races had their share of atrocities commented and that she couldn't condemn the whole of them for the actions of some. One of the stone pikes managed to break through the aura and stab Atlas on the wing, causing the dragoness to roar in pain. Then the boy continued his speech on how he was shown mercy by a hybrid called Albel and saved from being crushed by a building by Fayt, before she got stabbed by two more pikes. The magi fell to the ground with wings bleeding and a pike on her side. As she laid wounded on the ground as she glared back at her enemies as Nicks' words rang again through her mind. He seemed to have a point but... Atlas pulled out the pike out of her chest and spat it on the ground. She said to the boy, "Okay, so the hybrids have shown kindness towards you. But I bet that's only because they're human like you." Then she turned to the two dragonesses, "But what about you two? Have you seen hybrids who have done good deeds for you?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a second, Rina had no idea what she was going to do next until she decided to check the cave first and then do some traveling to find a new purpose. "Very well, take care, Rina. Maybe one day we'll cross paths again. Good luck finding El-Naise and the others," Aeolus said before he left the Eternal Wind village. He took off into the air and flew over the desert land. It was going to be a long trip to the woodlands and it might even take days to get there. But with the supplies he had to help him, his journey would easy until he ran out of them.

Edited by Red Dragonette

The black dragoness leaped down where everyone else was, looking over the hybrids. "They don't have to do a deed for me just to prove that they're not "bloodthirsty" like you say they are. Sure they can kill without second thoughts, but is it truly their fault for it? It's something they cannot control, something beyond their power to stop." Her crimson eyes stared straight into the magi's. "I am not like most dragons, I accept hybrids for who they are, not what they do for it isn't their fault they act on the scent of blood.

Even though I've seen what they can do my view for hybrids will not be changed."Her lips curled into a snarl, a low growl rumbling in the back of her throat. "I will NOT allow you to kill them, for they did nothing to deserve this cruel punishment. You'll have to fight me as well if you truly want to kill them!"

((Naww she was just trying to break it so others could slip inside. I can just imagine with that sword she could totally oull off the ganon - link ping pong thing xd.png

Im also questioning the ability of air to cut through magma...))

"Wrong again, miss. We're more dragon than anythiing" Fayt corrected, "Only a small portion is human. So you've been attacking your own kin. What's more, you try to blame us for something you do yourself. We were put in test tubes and forced to have a blood attraction. But I and others lead peacful lives anyway. And then there's you. Complete free will and you still choose to act on your lust for blood. I nor do anyone else have to prove ourselves to the likes of a murderous dragon like you" he continued. "They're helping because they're not supid enough to blame the actions of one of a whole race. So what about you? Are you stupid enough to do that?"

Chi watched Kat clean up as she sat next to the river. Her talons dipped into the water, letting the river push them to the side. She noticed the scales go tricing by in the water, "Ah yeah sure, we can practice... umm... are you sure you're not hurt? Your scales are flaking off" she asked, confused.

Edited by Sai

((Well I just remembered reading in the Nicholas Flamel book about how the element wind was the strongest of them all as it can do all sorts of things such blow through buildings & trees (tornadoes), put out or make bigger fire, erode away earth, and something I forgot with water. So I thought Atlas's super hard winds should be able to blow back magma, since it's a liquid.))

Atlas snorted and pulled out the the other two pikes from her wings. "Fine, if you're all dead set on thinking those things are innocent little creatures, I'll your words... for now. But know this, half-breeds, if I find out that you're lying about yourselves, there will be no mercy next time. Sure I'll leave the "good" hybrids alone from now on, but any bad ones I find won't be spared. You have been warned!" she growled at everyone. Then she teleported out of the ruined city and vanished from sight.

The magi reappeared far away in the forest where she was now licking the wounds where the pikes had stabbed her. She couldn't go back to the spring cave looking like this; that would make her nieces worried. "Stupid bleeding heart fools! They better know what they're doing," she growled to herself. When she tried to move her wing, a sharp pain was felt and she folded her wing still to not hurt it any further. "Damn it, it's going to be a while before I started moving again. Maybe I should have gone back to the spring cave," she said.

Edited by Red Dragonette

She was a predator on the prowl, waiting for the slightest of moments to take advantage of. All Astyn needed was one slip or slow reaction and the small but quick individual could strike. However, while brute size was not on her side, she had the jaw and limb strength to very well make up for it. Astyn side-stepped slowly and carefully, examining the dragoness from as many angles as possible with her four sharp eyes, the only heat signature visually read from the other being extremely light due to her wind shield. The Mirror watched as the others tossed attack after attack into the fray, only for most of the things to be blown away or repelled by the barrier. A wicked smirk cracked across her obsidian features and she licked her teeth with hunger for blood.

With little warning she spun, lightning arcing wildly at her tail as she swung her body. At the arc of the swing the electricity lunged from the balancing appendage and at the shield of spinning air. While the attacks of the others were of elements not accustomed to the wrath of a storm, a lightning bolt's path was not one that was not redirected by wind. However, in the moment before the attacks had their chance to hit their mark, the Magi disappeared in thin air.

"Coward!" she called spitefully after the teleported being, fans quivering with anger. The arcs of lightning about her form began to quell and she lashed her tail angrily, muscles tensed as she stared down the spot where the Magi had vanished, not letting her guard down for a moment. After a few seconds, her gaze darted quickly to and fro, passing around the hybrids, dragons, and humans around her. She angled her body towards them, her streamlined form low to the ground as she allowed herself to take a few steps back, wary of any hidden motives toward her own person.

Darkness snorted as the Magi teleported, somewhat satisfied that the dragoness listened enough to leave them alone. It didn't take her long to realize what she'd done, helping the hybrids was something dragons despised. 'Most dragons will see me as a traitor now that I defended the hybrids.' She sank her claws into the soil, her thoughts consumed her mind as feelings of unease washed over her. 'I did the right thing though, innocence shouldn't have to die.' Snapping out of her thoughts she focused her attention on the angered dragoness, seeing that its lightning charges still coursed over its body faintly. Darkness didn't want to engage in another fight so she stepped back and gave the dragoness some space, showing she wouldn't mess with her.

"Hah, so you say as you run with your tail tucked between your legs" Albel snorted with laughter. He watched her teleport away to safety, "She probably came across those weak little duds running around and has a swelled head now. The weak think nipping at the heels of the strong make them stronger. What a joke" he added, sheathing his claws. Albel hadn't even gotten in close. His sword had come in a pair with Rika's in abilities. It was why he could cover his blade with magma and not melt it. Fayt shook his head, "The heck was her problem?" he muttered. He turned to face the others, "Thank you for your assistance. We don't find many willing to stand up for us" he said, smiling. Rika sheathed her sword and turned, walking back to Akuma. "So does anyone know sleepy here?" she asked. Fayt and Albel remained silent, not recognizing him.

"You're welcome. Helping seemed the right thing to do besides, I don't think your kind is bad at all, just misunderstood." She turned her head towards the female human, glancing at the sleeping hybrid. 'so that's what the Magi was so worked up about' she thought, her eyes looking over the hybrid. "I've never seen him before."

((Atlas is female.))

Kathia was now going into the city ruins (the section somewhere else from your group). Earlier, she had heard in camp that humans were going into the city to reclaim their possession and try to rebuild the city. The girl walked on her way back to the mansion, hoping to retrieve the sword that had been passed down from generations to generations. With it, she could use it to get her revenge on the dragons and slay them all. It a long time to walk there and eventually she reached her burned down home. Kathia rummaged through the ashes and debris hoping to find what she was looking for. Eventually, she found it. The redhead smiled sadistically and murmured to herself, "Hee hee hee! With this weapon I have, I will slay every last lizard in this world and make them all pay!" Of course she didn't know how to swing a sword yet, but at least she could practice her killing moves on her first victims; hatchlings and pygmies.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Nick released his hold on the pillar he stood on and let it sink back to ground level. Walking he made his way over to the sleeping hybrid, looking around as he did so to see if anyone else needed help. Well that was something he thought to himself before kneeling down beside the injured boy. He looked younger than Fayt and Albel did. He extended his arms and waved his palms over the boy, transferring some of his energy to him, enough for him to wake up hopefully. While he waited for the boy to wake up he took another look around. His gaze fell onto the smaller dragoness. She had put on quite a display with all that lightning only moments ago, hopefully she wouldn't turn on anyone. Not that she wouldn't be subdued without much trouble, but she still looked ready to pounce at a moments notice.

The energy poured into Akuma, returning his strength. His eyelids squinted and he groaned quietly. His hazelnut eyes fluttered open, taking in the scene around him. He noticed Nick hovering over him and furrowed his brows. He growled and immediately swung his fist out at Nick's jaw. It was more of an instinctual reaction. Akuma never hung around dragons or humans so his distrust was always quite high for the both of the races in general. Not to mention his most recent episode left him shaking. He had enhanced strength and such as a hybrid, sure, but he was still a dud. It made him vulnerable. Not only that, the boy had a terrible attitude and always nipped at others he came across if not downright challenging them. So waking up with a human in his face after he was almost murdered made him set into quite a violent mood.

Edited by Sai

Nick wasn't even looking when he felt something nail him in the side of the face. Almost immediately out of instinct he returned an equally hard punch straight into Akuma's gut, and given the close proximity and Akuma's position it would be nearly impossible to evade. Nick quickly shot up and stepped back standing in a defensive stance. He couldn't believe that just happened, and he voiced that thought quite loudly. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING censorkip.gif!" he rubbed his jaw a bit and continued his rant. "I risked my life keeping that psychotic magi dragon from slaughtering you and you go ahead and punch me in the face as thanks!?" He shook visibly in anger for a moment before he took a deep breath to quell his anger.

((Going to start bolding Nick's speech))

Akuma tensed as he saw Nick turn on him in an instant. He yelped audibly, not expecting to be hit in return. Akuma tipped onto his side, lying on the ground. He coughed and grabbed his gut, groaning. He cringed under the yelling, having sensitive hearing. Akuma gritted his teeth and glared up at Nick, defiant. "I never asked for your help! You're all alike anyway, like I care" he growled. Rika put her hands on her hips, watching in amused manner. "I kinda like this one. Kids gotta mouth" she sniggered quietly. Rika turned back to Albel, "Almost as forked as your tongue" she smirked. Fayt rubbed his jaw, almost feeling where Nick had gotten punched. "Need some ice for that?" he asked quietly. It probably wasn't the best time, but that didn't make it any less painful to watch in the first place. The blow Akuma got in return didn't look none too pleasant either. He wasn't sure he wanted to chance helping the boy after that incident, though.

The first step to becoming a dragon-slayer was complete; now what she needed next were a shield and some magic spells to learn. She saw a few mages past by and was initially suprised to see humans using magic; something that was strange and unheard of. But it was a good thing to see, because that would mean more power to kill the damned beasts. Kathia rummaged through the ruins once more and picked up her family shield. Then she left the place and went to one of the mages hoping to learn some attack spells. "Excuse me, sir. I'm looking to learn how to use magic. Can you teach me after you're done?" she asked.

((Anybody want to be the NPC mage?))

'Well, that escaladed rather quickly.' The black dragoness thought, watching the scene between the hybrid and mage. She found it slightly amusing that the hybrid would snap at the person that just helped him. 'Quite the attitude.' She glanced around, taking notice to some newly built buildings that obviously weren't there recently, wondering about the city's construction. 'Repairing already. Won't be long until more humans come back to this place.' Darkness sat quietly, wondering what she would do from this point, seeing as most dragons would hate her after helping hybrids, and the fact that humans are enraged with her kind already didn't help her case.

Several eyes fell upon her but those that did failed to linger for long and she allowed herself to relax a bit, the tension in her muscles fading. She hadn't planned to stick around for long but as she spied one of the hybrids socking the smaller human in the jaw, she couldn't resist snickering and deciding to stick around for a bit more just in case it happened again. She couldn't possibly miss any more inflicted injuries for her to later capitalize on should the opportunity arise, now, could she?

The reasoning for the assault reached her ears and her fans flicked with mild amusement and apprehension, wondering if she'd be turned upon next for helping and not caring much for the idea. As a self-centered individual, Astyn often assumed that all attentions would inevitably turn upon her, whether they were positive or negative. She settled down onto her haunches from her dismal location a ten yards away, head raised as she gazed at the spectacle with oddly-quiet contemplation. It was not normal for the Mirror to be so silent in the face of such wit but she did have some sense when it came to when to throw an insult around and when to shut her mouth. Maybe.

Nick just shook his head "You're right, we are all alike." He stopped to gesture at everyone around him "We all risked our hides saving your ungrateful ass." Nick looked down for a moment, thinking, before turning his gaze back to Akuma. Taking on a stern tone he said, "You know, the entire world has changed. You're a hybrid, and people are going to hate you because of it, but there are others who are willing to help. If you push away everyone, then one day you're going to find yourself in need of a helping hand and no one will be willing to offer it. Nick turned on his heels and walked away, letting Akuma think about what he just said. He had dropped his pack somewhere during the scuttle with Atlas and needed to find it anyways. As he passed Fayt he stopped for a moment. "I'm going to go find my pack, when I get back you can ice my jaw if you'd be so kind to." And with that Nick walked off.

During her two minutes of rest, Atlas had been thinking about her nieces' future here now that the hybrids were allowed to roam free. She could keep them at the spring cave for a long time until they were grown up, but the magi felt they needed to play outside and that keeping them sheltered for safety that long wasn't a good idea. She thought about moving far away from this country to keep Danielle and Kylie safe. But the new place she was moving to had to be a place best suited for their breeds.

Magis were capable of living almost anywhere, but from what she knew of whiptails, they only adapted well to forests. She knew that after her early life in the Solomese desert where both her half-whiptail father and Flarina got hot too often. He did used to live in the woods until he met their mother and decided to go live with her. But the question of where balloon dragons thrived was a mystery to Atlas. Flarina had met John out in the woods after he got bought out of slavery by a friendly human being. But for all she knew, he might have been exported out of his habitat. She wondered if her fellow slaves knew about balloon dragons.

Atlas formed a telepathic bond with all her friends and asked, 'Hey guys, got a minute? This is Atlas and I want to ask you guys about balloon dragons.' The replies she got were 'Sure, what is it?' 'Ask away!' 'I'll tell you anything you want.'

Snively, also taking part in this conversation, asked, 'What do you need to know about balloon dragons?'

The magi asked, 'Okay here's the story, my sister Flarina and her mate got killed by a bunch of hybrids.'

The moment she said that word, a bunch of replies came like this: 'Hybrids?!' 'Oh no...' 'I'm sorry for your sister, Atlas.' 'Aren't those the dragon-killing monsters?'

'Yes, they are. And thanks for your sympathy, guys. So anyway, I killed those hybrids and got left with my two nieces to take care of, but then after I burned down the lab or rather the inside of it, I found another hybrid. I tried chasing it down to kill him, but then I ran into two more hybrids and a few humans and dragonesses who tried to defend them,' Atlas continued.

Everybody wasn't surprised at the humans helping hybrids part, but dragonesses were a shock. 'What?! Why on Terra would they help them? I mean they're dragon-killers for crying out loud!' asked Snively.

'Because apparently, the hybrids to them are "innocent", trying to live peaceful lives or so they claim while I'm the bad guy for trying to get rid of the problem,' answered Atlas. 'So I decided to let them go for now so that they can learn their lesson on why hybrids shouldn't be around. Though it will probably be too late when those half-breeds go into hunter's mode.'

One dragon seemed to disagree with her on all hybrids being bad, 'I... don't know if you should be so quick to judge all hybrids based on what they're created for. I mean if they did say they were peaceful and those two dragonesses were trying to protect them from you making a wrongful kill, doesn't that mean the hybrids may be good?'

'Oh gods, not you too,' Atlas mentally groaned.

'Well he's got a point, Atlas. We shouldn't be so quick to judge them until they do something bad. That would be like trying to kill that human who freed your brother-in-law just for the fact that he's... well... human,' said a dragoness.

'Well if doesn't matter if they're good or not. I just can't let my nieces play around outside while those half-breeds are running amok. You all know they go berserk at the smell of blood and I don't want Danielle and Kylie around them while they're in hunter's mode. That's why I decided to move out of this country and go somewhere safe. So now on the question; does anybody know where balloon dragons live?' she asked.

'I do!' Snively answered. 'They live in woodlands where they can get all the fresh fruit they want.'

'Thanks, Snively,' replied Atlas. 'So does anyone know of any countries in Rudvich that has forests?' She would have gone to Solomos's forests, but she never seen them before. So teleporting there was out of question.

'My ancestor lived in the northwest region. It's a nation full of trees, Atlas.'

'Well good, now I can make the journey there. Thanks guys, you've been a wonderful help,' the magi said gratefully. Then telepathy was disconnected. Now that she had her destination in mind, Atlas decided to do one last thing before she took her nieces and fly off: get some explosive fuel and burn down the exterior of the lab.

Akuma remained in his spot with a scowl on his face. His pride was prodded at as Nick scolded him. Akuma growled and sat up as Nick turned and walked off. "Of course" Fayt smiled, anxious about the younger hybrid. Akuma fumed in spot, his eyes burning into Nick's back. No, no one cared. Hybrids were on their own. He'd grown up without a family so far, no way was he just going to accept now that everyone was actually loving and friendly freely. There was always an angle to everything. He raised his hand, a ball of electricity forming in it and threw it at Nick's back. Rika caught it out of the corner of her eye but remained silent. She always liked to watch the drama that folded out from these. It was so entertaining. "H-Hey!" Fayt shouted as it was about to strike Nick. Boy was this kid spiteful.

Nick didn't even have to look back at Akuma to know the attack was coming. A thick slab of stone erupted out of the ground in between Nick and the projectile, which harmlessly dissipated when it stuck the stone barrier. He thought about raising the earth under Akuma and smashing him like the pest he was, but he didn't even slow, instead he kept walking only throwing back one cold comment. "Don't expect me to save you in the future." Soon everyone was out of sight, and Nick slowed his pace. No thoughts crossed his mind, it was a blank sheet. He didn't want to think. He just needed peace. It took a while to find his bag, it was rather far from the area where the fight took place, most likely blown this far by all the wind magic. Slinging it over his shoulder he made his way back to the small crowd that fought Atlas and stood beside Fayt. "I think I could use that ice right about now if you don't mind." He didn't even spare a glance in Akuma's direction.

Edited by picknick10

Atlas took off into the air and went back into the city. She didn't care if she ran into those hybrid-friends, she wanted to come here to get what she was looking for. The magi flew over ruins noticing that humans were trying to rebuild their broken city. It wasn't any of her concern, because now that the humans were robbed of their advanced weaponry, they were powerless to fight a dragon. Of course, there was still a small problem with medieval weaponry, but they weren't as difficult to fight against the modern weapons. So Atlas, being a very strong dragon, would have no problem fighting against those weapons. But human mages on the other hand may be a challenge. It looks like the humans had recently discovered magic and if so, they would used that power to go back to enslaving and hunting dragons. 'I guess we better come up with a Spell that can disable the humans' magic as well,' she thought, concerned. Maybe Aeolus would come up with a plan for that. She'll have to ask him later, though.

When the humans saw a magi flying in the sky, they screamed and ran away to go hide. Atlas didn't bother with them; she was glad to have the humans fear her and let them know not to mess with her. The dragoness saw a gas station that looked very much destroyed by an explosion. 'Well damn, I guess I better check another place,' she thought. Then after a minute later, she found another gas station that was this time wrecked instead of exploded. Maybe there was gasoline there. Atlas landed at where the fuel tanks were and used her ice stream magic to form a shape of a large bucket and solidify it. She took out one of the pumps and pulled the trigger to pour fuel into the bucket.