picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

((Turns out that stone and steel buildings aren't incollapsable by fire: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...07080121AATMXUH and https://sites.google.com/site/wtc7lies/cano...teelcolumnstobu and http://www.ehow.com/info_8411861_weakens-steel.html. Well I didn't get to research how stone and steel prevents fire damage, I only looked at how fire can damage structures of those types. Me and my ego...))

With the golden dragon gone, Atlas proceeded to get to the highest floor of the building from there, she started busting down walls to get to the insulators and thermal protections keeping the steel columns from getting burned by fire. She ripped them off and kept pulling more of them until she couldn't anymore. So she cut part of them off with her wind magic and let the other half fall down the interior tunnel. After that, she started casting fireballs everywhere in the room, igniting objects, equipment, and everything. Then she cast her strong fire beam spell at the unprotected steel column. She did the same process over again each time she went down a floor. By the time she was finished with all sections of the lab, Atlas came outside for fresh air. Her flames may not destroy the exterior of the lab, but at least she could do some damage to the interior. Next time, she was coming back with fuel to finish the job for good.

As she walked through the woods, she encountered what seemed to be a human boy with horns on his head. Atlas noticed that a particular scent that she smelled from him. Normally, humans and halflings would smell like humans; although halflings smelled a bit less than their purebred counterparts. This person had dragon scent on him, which means he was a hybrid. "Oh great, another one. I better put him out while he's still asleep," she said to herself. Then she cast an ice spear at him.

((If you don't like it, I can edit that. I was just in a hurry to leave for school.))

"It's nice to meet you too Chi. No I'm not hurt. It was just really hot in there." Kat said scratching at a green scale until it flaked off. "We should probably leave before some of the more aggravated humans decide to turn us into victims." Kat had noticed that while most survivors seemed dazed and confused as they tried to process everything that happened last night, others were significantly more alert and visibly pissed off as they worked on sifting through and clearing away the rubble of their once great home.

((LIES))

Akuma enjoyed his snooze. He'd gotten in at least another half hour. His eyes kept flickering open from time to time during to check his surroundings. It was something he learned to do after growing up alone as a hybrid. His light hazelnut eyes flickered open again, catching a glimpse of bright red. He saw the glimmer of a spear and his eyes flung open. Akuma scrambled to roll over, narrowly missing being skewered. "You again! You already interrupted my sleep once!" he shouted at the magi dragon. His chest rose and fell rapidly as he calmed himself from his near-death experience. "Suuuuuure, WE'RE the monsters, but you're the one going around DA DA-DA trying to STAB people!" he growled. He still felt tired, but that didn't stop his loudmouth from running nonstop.

Chi looked around at the people with a pouty face. She wanted to help the rest of the injured people. But perhaps when they were all bleeding, fleeing for now was the best. "Mmm, we can stop by the lake if you want to wash up" she offered, spreading her wings and starting to fly up towards the forest.

Nick smiled and rose two more buildings before turning to Rika, only feeling slightly drained. "I can probably raise the entire city within the day." he said honestly. "It don't take that much energy anyways." When he heard Fayt mention a workshop he asked the hybrid "Workshop huh? Why don't show me where it is and I'll see if I can't fix it." he offered as he nodded back at the buildings behind him. "Can't be much harder than any of these buildings were anyways." In both hands two more orbs of energy formed in the boy's palms and he thought for a moment. "Why don't you use the workshop to start making more old fashioned weapons."

Rina said that she already paid her respects and that she was thankful for Aeolus burying them. "It was the least I could do," said the dragon. When she said that she came to visit the chieftain's cave for some possible survivors, Aeolus asked, "You really think there might be?" He didn't see any more Eternal Wind clan members when he came here. It was possible that they either fled or they were truly dead.

((Tron, were you looking for my last post or you couldn't find anything to respond to it? I'm putting the quote right here.))

"What? That voice!" Atlas murmured to herself as she recognized how the hybrid sounded. "You're a hybrid?!" she asked. She should have known Akuma was one by the way he sounded angry when Atlas brought up the conversation on his species. After he accused her of stabbing people, Atlas growled back, "Hah! Says you, the killing machine. You WERE born for the purpose of slaying dragons. You even go into an uncontrollable killing spree when you smell blood. Someone has to exterminate you freaks before someone winds up dead." Then she covered her body with the fire aura and continued, "And I'm going to put you down for good!" She casted fireballs at him.

Akuma sat up as Atlas had her realization. He stiffened slightly, "Yeah I'm a hybrid" he snorted. He moved behind the nearest tree, "Ah yeah, I'M the killing machine. Not the sadistic psycho censorkip.gif* trying to kill me unprovoked!" he shouted. Akuma was used to being prodded and poked at for his specie, but it had been a while since someone had tried killing him. Perhaps it was because he was still... young. He made a quiet laugh. Yeah except my hunters mode is a flop. That seems fair he thought bitterly. "I've never killed anyone anyway" he muttered to himself. A tree certainly wasn't going to stop her long. He was tired but the nap had given him some energy. Akuma narrowed his eyes and exhaled slowly before standing up. He could probably make it to town and pass for a human if only for a minute. Akuma hunkered down. A sudden bright flash of yellow engulfed him and he rushed out from his spot in a lightning fast dash. They were like leaps as he had to pause for each dash, something from his electric abilities. He would certainly have to take another nap when he reached safety, but that was better than dying.

"One day, huh? Get to it then" Rika prodded. She watched more buildings raise from the ground and smiled. "See, told you it could be rebuilt. You worry too much" she said, waving her hand off. Fayt laughed at Nick's suggestion. "Ah, now that's smithing. I'm not a smith- though I do have some experience with it. I'm a mechanic, an engineer" he explained. Fayt looked around the rubble, "I can't even tell what's what anymore. May as well just organize things as you find them" he suggested.

"I'm a sadistic psycho, huh? Well what you do is no different when you go into Hunter's Mode. Killing dragons for fun, how disgusting!" Atlas growled, remembering how Ramkot and his cohorts enjoyed their killing sprees. Immediately, after the tree burned down, the hybrid dashed away in a super fast speed. "Hey! Get back here!" she yelled. Her fire aura disappeared and was replaced by a boosting wind spell that increased her flight speed by having the winds blow behind her hard. She wasn't going to let the hypocrite of a hybrid get away and kill dragons at random. If he wasn't dead, then more people like Flarina and John would die. Edited by Red Dragonette

((The new Nick is not afraid to hurt a dragon. Atlas is about to learn this.))

Nick chuckled when Fayt said he was an engineer. "Well, I would take up being a smith if I were you, not much to engineer now with the dragon's spell and all." As he talked he turned to raise another house but stopped mid throw as a burst of electricity rushed passed him, narrowly avoiding hitting him. He jumped to the side, startled, and used magic to scan the area. Another attack on the city already? It's not even fully built yet! He closed his eyes, sensing Akuma, another hybrid, but he could also feel another presence coming up quickly. His eyes narrowed as he realized who it was. The dragon from earlier in the arena. It didn't take a genius to realize that she was pursuing the hybrid. Raising his arms above his head he brought up a pillar of stone from under his own feet, raising him into the sky and into the path of Atlas. He had already warned her before and gave her a chance to leave, and now she was back. I guess some lessons have to be taught the hard way. Several Orbs of energy danced around Nick in a circular motion, glowing an ominous shade of red. "You've already been warned once! Your onslaught of the innocent will be tolerated no more!" And with that the deadly red spheres launched towards the oncoming dragon.

Edited by picknick10

"Yeah sure, except you have a choice. I don't. That makes you the true psycho here! I don't know what you have seen, but I'm not them and blaming me for someone else's censorkip.gif seems REAL fair!" he shouted as he kept dashing. The city came into view as he moved along. He zipped past a boy, hitting the ground of the city. He let himself flop to the ground, groaning in response to the feeling of hitting the ground. He shut his eyes and curled up again. It was almost alarming how fast he was able to put himself to sleep.

While scanning the nearby areas, movement from the corner of Darkness's eye caught her attention. She swung her head towards the direction of the city, something like electricity was being pursued by from what she could tell was the magi she helped not very long ago. The scene peeked her curiosity as another figure stepped in to stop the wild chase, from a distance it looked as if it was using magic of some sort to block the magi's path. 'What is going on over there?' the black dragoness thought as her eyes scanned over the scene. She glided closer towards the city, wanting to get a better view of what was unfolding but not wanting to interfere in the quarrel. She landed silently on a thick oak tree just several yards from the city. She sank her talons into the flesh of the branches' bark for balance as she watched quietly from her perch, wanting to see why the magi dragoness was so determined to hunt down the electrical creature.

"Sure you say you're different, but how do I know you're innocent? For all I know, you could be trying to save your skin just so you can go back to killing in peace!" Atlas yelled, distrustful of him. Soon she followed him into the ruins of the city, where the hybrid tripped over. The dragoness was about cast her ice stream spell at Akuma to freeze his body in ice, but then stony pillar rose above ground and blocked her way. The magi hovered back a bit as she stood frozen in surprise for a few moments. Then she heard someone telling her that she had been warned and that her offense will be tolerated no more. "Ahh!" Atlas saw the orbs coming at him and moved to the side to dodge them. She looked down and saw the human from last night. "Oh, it's you again. Trying to help the hybrid, huh? Well listen human, if you get in my way. I'll have to take you down, too," she warned as balls of fire floated above her paws.

"No." - replied Rina, turning and taking a path to the chieftain's clan, but not before she stopped after a few steps. - "To be honest, that day I was deep in sorrow and rage, and my mind was clouded with a desire to avenge the dead. But after I put the Curse on that human, I remembered that I didn't see El-Naise at all. And I think that perhaps she left behind at least a hint about the survivors."

Dark-blue dragoness sighed, looked at the cave Aeolus emerged from, and added: "By the way, the cave you took a rest in belonged to our clan medic. You can take anything you want from there, and I do recommend to do so, just in case." - and she continued to the chieftain's cave.

Since her last visit the village was now in almost the same condition it was before human attack. Except there were bullet shells, scorch marks and dried blood all over the place. And there was silence, interrupted only by the wind and tattered cloth pieces. And Rina had a strange feeling in her heart, as if someone is still here, but wasn't at the same time. Dragons' bodies were now replaced by small sand graves, now safe from being seen by a random wanderer. Formerly the main territory of Eternal Wind clan, it became a "ghost" village.

Nick didn't budge but instead rose his own hands up, balls of water forming above his palms. "you have ravaged this city, crushed our homes, and destroyed countless lives. The atrocities you've committed against mankind are abhorrent and unforgivable, and demand swift, sovereign justice. I am issuing one final warning to you, Dragon: leave this place, or die." Nick took a defensive stance, waiting for the dragon before him to make the first move. Nick had no qualms with the dragons, but he would not allow this one to extinguish the life of the hybrid below. He understood that they were a rare and dying race, and he had an idea that he might be able to fix them, to remove their hunter mode. It was an unrealistic idea, yes Nick knew that, but he wanted to try all the same. After this he would have to ask Fayt about it.

Edited by picknick10

Atlas saw the water balls appearing on the boy's palms. She knew her fire attacks would do nothing against water, so the magic cancelled out her fireballs and replaced them with ice spears. "I'd rather die than let this killer run loose!" she yelled. Then she shot down the ice spears towards the boy. She figured that if he was out of the picture, she would get to the hybrid without any problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well thank you, Rina. I'm pretty sure that whatever's inside would help me in on my journey to the woodlands," Aeolus replied gratefully. The dragon went inside the clan medic's cave and looked around for helpful items. He noticed some medical herbs off to the side as well as a few magic crystals. These supplies would be helpful in case he got hurt, sick, or drained of energy. Aeolus took up the items and left the cave. He went up to Rina and asked, "So what will you do now, Rina?"

((I don't remember if I asked this question before. If I did, ignore the last sentence.))

Rika and Albel stood by, watching the events unfold for the battle. Fayt had instead moved and picked up Akuma, carrying him off and setting him against a rebuilt building. He moved out again and stood with the others. He didn't recognize the dragon and wondered what her issue was. "Should have just jumped to killing the filthy beast in the first place. Obviously the thing is derranged and needs to be put down" Rika said plainly at Nick. She holstered an arrow and shot it at Atlas, taking cover behind the rock wall after her shot. Albel jumped on top of the wall next to Nick. "Hah, try a real hybrid. You've just been nipping at the heels of a weak dud. Kid no less. And I thought my taste in prey was bad" he smirked. He shot out a puff of magma, countering the ice spears. Fayt moved around the wall, standing next to the others. "You're outnumbered here. You're making chaos where there is peace. You should leave"

Edited by Sai

The arrow shot into Atlas's right shoulder and she let out a yowl in response. The dragoness pulled out the arrow and spat it to the ground. "Oh now you're all in for it! You're going to rue the day you messed with me!" she yelled. She cast a wind aura spell on herself and then she fired wind blades at the humans and hybrids. She handled 10 hybrids before, so 4 enemies plus that sleeping hybrid should be easy for her.

Darkness watched as the magi was getting a bit too out of hand, seeing that the extra reinforcements didn't stop her rampage. She listened to the words being exchanged, finding that the hybrid was right, there was unnecessary violence being played out where there should be peace. She wanted to help put end to the quarrel but she didn't want to get involved in anything that was non of her business. The black dragoness slid down from the tree she was perched in and leaped onto the top of a newly built building, her crimson eyes gazed bellow to get a view of the fight more clearly seeing that it wasn't far from her location. Darkness watches as the magi attacked, knowing what the magi was capable of due to the fight back in the forest. She sat quietly, wondering if she should help but waved the thought away. 'I'm sure they can handle it themselves, they seem to have enough strength and skill for the task.'

Claws clenched the thick limb below her, long ebony toes tense as she gripped the perch. Her tail laid evenly along the path of the branch and her breath was growing stagnant in the cavernous confines of her chest. The dragoness' oxygen supply was waning faster than she could decide what she wished to do and the lass was aware the the moment she took a breath, her invisibility camouflage would snap her into the sight of those around her should they turn their sight to the nearby trees. Color-visioned eyes locked firmly onto a human woman as she shot an arrow toward a fiery creature, the projectile firmly hitting its mark. Fresh oxygen flooded Astyn's lungs as blades of wind sliced forth towards the battling crowd as her decision clicked into place.

The insatiable and persistent itch for blood that permeated every fiber of her being as she lunged forth from the right side of the archer and her allies, flame spilling from her maw to cross before the blades and under them, heating the air they were constructed of and slowing their movement drastically, as well as projecting it upwards. Her front claws dug into the ground as she halted her movement, hind hips swinging around so that she faced the large Magi dragon, a snarl ripping from her larynx, accompanied by an underlying drone of a hiss. There was an odd light of mischief in her eyes as the dragoness focused lightly on the earth beneath the Magi, partially amplifying the gravity below her. The force was not powerful enough to ground her completely, of course, but it would likely cause her movements to become slow or more tiresome to execute.

It was only on the wit of the scarfed hybrid and the marksmanship of the archer that Astyn chose her side--had it not been for that, she would have surely aided the outnumbered creature but there was not mercy in her gut on this day--only a need for bloodshed, or at least a chance at it.

Before the wind blades could get to the enemies, a small strange-looking dragoness appeared and repelled the spell with her fire breath. The wind aura was fortunately there to dispel the blades and keep Atlas from getting cut by her own magic. The magi glared down at the dragoness and yelled sarcastically, "Oh great, a human pet! Isn't that awesome? Now you listen here, midget. You're aiding the wrong side. Those humanoid creatures you're aiding aren't dragons; they're hybrids, monsters created by humans to be dragon-killings. They become even more savage and dangerous the moment they smell blood. So if you want your skin saved, I suggest you leave those scums along and help me kill them." She didn't want to have to kill this misguided dragoness, because she might have gotten the situation wrong. The blood from her wound and on the arrow would cause the hybrids to go into hunter's mood at any second now, thus having the dragoness see the error of her ways.

Edited by Red Dragonette

"Rue the day? Who even talks like that" Rika laughed. "She really is deranged" she continued. What Atlas didn't know was that the 10 hybrids were weakened duds. Flops. Albel figured as much she didn't know that since she seemed to know of hybrids but had never encountered him or Fayt. "You seem to know something about hybrids. But whatever you've faced before were shams. Jokes. Failed hybrids let go from pure pity. Good for you" he sniggered. The wind shield from Atlas kept him or Fayt from smelling Atlas's blood. "You're the only one making trouble here" Fayt scolded. "We were trying to rebuild the city and you just came by trying to kill us. You're the only mindless killer here" he continued. Fayt and Albel breathed their respective breaths at Atlas.

Astyn was not a resilient individual when it came to insults but there had always been a certain kind she could tolerate and pass off, shrugging it away and priding herself in being the 'bigger person' when, in fact, she usually wasn't. There was a large chance that if the Magi hadn't spat that word out at the Mirror's way, she might have actually turned upon the creatures beside her. But as the insult pierced her honed ears it drove a bolt of fury into her brain. Jaws parted lightly as she bared serrated teeth at the other draconic figure, the tiniest of drones murmuring from her form. After a moment, though, the static amplified and several lines of electricity jumped from her teeth and up her features, jumping down the line of her spine in a quick series of jumps before fizzling out at her tail. Her talons sparked slightly and her tail lashed, the fans upon her head flaring and extending outwards, spreading with aggression as she hissed.

She tuned herself into the words being said as she greedily devoured the information being presented, licking her lips. Astyn could nearly taste the blood that she so dearly wished she could shed. Eyes turned to train upon what the dragoness had proclaimed as scum and she smirked. Their peaceful intentions weren't quite her way of doing things but she could live with it--all she knew now was that even though her opinion could have previously and easily been swayed, the term 'midget' had put her to a point past that transition. The fact that she would not side with the Magi due to the grudge sown from the seeds of the insult was engraved deeply into her mind. With the exception of the growls trickling through her throat and the electricity still arcing over her form and across her spider-webbed garments, the witty creature was oddly silent.

"Oh so you're the stronger hybrids, huh? Well good for me, because I'll feel really good once you two are gone!" Atlas yelled with the intent to avenge her sister. Then she responded to the other hybrid, "At least I'm doing this for a good purpose. Now die!" Then she cast a wind beam at the magma and ice breaths, blowing the two back with powerful winds. Edited by Red Dragonette

Darkness had just about enough of the magi's rampaging violence, knowing the only way to reason with her was to take her down. While the magi's attention was centered on the hybrids, the black dragoness made the choice to step in. Blue flames engulfed her mouth as she unleashed searing hot jets of fire at the magi's side from above. Her method was to get the infuriated magi's attention on her so the others could find a way to attack without their hits being blocked.

Do we have to fly? Kat thought to herself with a hint of dismay as Chi took to the skies. At least there wasn't a smoke cloud hanging over the city anymore...well not a very thick one anyways, Kat could still see a haze hovering above the city. Kat spread her wings and with a running start took off after Chi. With some frantic flapping Kat was able to catch up with and glide alongside Chi. "I would very much like to wash up but I hope this lake isn't far. I'm not a very good flier." Kat explained as she followed after the hybrid. Although she wasn't a strong flier it felt good to get into the air and as they left the city into some fresh air for a change.

The blue flames were put out by the wind aura protecting Atlas. But the magi was able to see the embers from the corner of her eyes. She looked to the side and saw the black dragoness from last night. Apparently, she too was siding with the hybrids as well. "What?! You too?! What the hell is going on here?! Why would you side with me over these beasts who would kill you at anytime?! Did you not see how ruthless hybrids can be?!" she yelled while still keeping her wind beam going at the hybrids' breaths. She was sure the black had seen and heard everything about the hybrids during the fight with Ramkot, so why pick the wrong side?

Edited by Red Dragonette