picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

Nick took another step forward, showing no fear of Akuma's electrical display. "You were totally in the position to fight back, or even decline our help when you were passed out cold on the ground right?" At this point he was clenching his knuckles so hard they began to turn white. "Ha!" he laughed out loud when Akuma called humans monsters. "I'm the monster am I?" He screamed at the hybrid, rage seeping back into his voice momentarily. He knew if he kept going Akuma would most likely snap, but he didn't care. "Why don't you prove to the world what a monster you really are. Go on attack me, you know you want to. Prove that psychotic dragon I had to save you from right." Nick glared at Akuma, the rage he felt evident in his eyes. He paused for a second before speaking again, this time in a much quieter, almost sad sounding tone, "Go on, take out whatever rage you harbor towards my species on me." Pulling up his sleeve he took out a concealed blade and flipped it open. "I'm a monster huh?" he muttered to himself quietly. His eyes flickered to the blade for a moment before he pressing it to his forearm and dragging it across his skin, leaving an angry red gash. Blood oozed out of the wound and Nick dropped the blade to the ground before looking back up at Akuma. "I'll show you what it's like to be a monster."

Akuma opened his mouth briefly and then shut it with a frown. A deep blush of embarassment filled his cheeks at the accusation of being passed out. He had needed help then, though he'd never want to admit it, so he remained silent. "And what about you?! You humans created us! You're the real monsters who wanted to use us as weapons. We're a reflection of your hatred and destruction. The blood we shed is on your hands!" He yelled back. Akuma gripped the beam behind him as he saw Nick take out a knife. His pulse took a jump, knowing what was coming, "Yeah I bet you're dying to watch the monster you created. To watch the result of ripping our families apart for your own twisted desires. I've never killed anyone, and here you are, a human of course, inviting me to my first taste of murder" he spat as Nick cut himself. The close proximity made sure the smell got to him rather fast. Akuma could feel the stirring of his hunter mode and shut his eyes, tensing. His mind slipped away and he relaxed, opening his eyes again to show bright gold irises and slitted pupils. He rushed forward at Nick. "Akuma, stop" the hybrid slowed to a stop a short distance from Nick. Dion emerged from his house, hands in his pockets. Akuma glared at Nick, but stood in place. A moment passed and his legs started to quiver before finally collapsing under him. His eyes flickered back to normal, his energy spent. He panted quietly, regaining his senses. "I must ask you to refrain from doing that. His condition doesn't allow for a hunter state" Dion said quietly.

((Will add Chis part later ;-wink.gif)

Edited by Sai

The sword missed the head and caught the dragoness's side instead. Now faced with the enraged beast, Kathia now regretted her attempt at assassination. Her heart raced with fear and her stomach churned as she slowly backed away from the dragoness. "Oh God, no!" she murmured. Then she turned and ran away for her life. She did not want to die before she got to learn how to use magic to fight dragons with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aeolus was now farther into the desert. He laid down beside the small lake and drank water to quench his thirst and cool his body down a bit. The dragon rested in the water for a while until his body had enough energy to resume his journey. Aeolus got out of the lake and took off into the air to resume his journey. Hours later, he saw a forest on the horizon of the grassy plains and flew eagerly towards the woodlands over a clan of running whiptail dragons. He reached his destination and landed in the clearing between the trees. He had now found his homeland, but the only thing need to do left before he could truly start his peaceful life as a free dragon was find a home somewhere.

With a roar Darkness thundered after her, racing through the forestry to catch up with the scared girl. With one swift jump she landed in front of her, blocking the girl's route to escape, her tail lashing from side to side in aggravation. The wound on her side was worse, blood drained from it at a quicker rate than before creating a small crimson pools at her claws. The dragoness stepped closer to her a low growl rumbled in her throat. Darkness didn't want to kill nor harm the young girl, just simply wanted to know why she attacked without reason.

Kathia never looked back while she was on the run. But she could feel the presence of the dragoness trying to chase her down. She wanted to run faster and leave the beast behind, but this was as fast as her legs could go. Suddenly, the black beast jumped in front of her and cut off her path. Kathia let out a frightened scream as she was now face to face with the black dragoness. See as she couldn't outrun the creature, Kathia had no choice but to fight for her life if she was going to escape death. Holding onto both her sword and shield, the hunter pointed her blade at the dragoness and threatened nervously, "Back, beast! D-d-don't make me have to kill you."

((I got homework to do. So I won't be on until later.))

Stopping in mid-step the black dragoness froze, her gaze shifting from the blade in front of her to the human's eyes. She knew the young girl could possibly end her life, as difficult as it may be it was still yet a possibility. Taking one step closer Darkness faced the girl, wincing at the throbbing pain in her side. "Why would you try to kill me?" she challenged, her crimson eyes narrowing at the young girl.

((Okay))

"What about me?" Nick asked starting to raise his voice again "What about ME?" he asked again. "I no more choose to be human than you choose to be a hybrid!" his eyes narrowed again and he stomped one foot onto the ground, the earth rumbling in response. "I will not be blamed for the atrocities my race has committed!" As Akuma went into hunters mode and charged, Nick stayed rooted to the spot. "I'm sure you'll love it." he said coldly He didn't know why he didn't move, but it didn't matter. The man Nick saw earlier called Akuma to a stop right before the hybrid reached him. Nick shook his head as he looked down at Akuma, a hint of remorse flashing in his eyes. "I'm sorry" the boy muttered almost inaudibly. "I am a monster, but I don't think I can be considered a human anymore." Looking up at Dion, as if noticing him for the first time, he asked "Who are you?"

Akuma panted heavily, regaining his breath. He gripped the grass in his fingers and gritted his teeth, putting his feet under himself. Dion walked out further, though weary of Nick. Nick asked him who he was and Dion paused, mulling over the question. He didn't recognize him, but he seemed to know some things about hybrids. "Dion" he said simply. He was next to Akuma now. Akuma's legs trembled as he slowly started to stand. He cursed silently under his breath in a string of angry mutters. When his straightened out, he teetered to the side, stumbling. Dion grabbed him from behind, helping him stand. "Careful, your energy is spent" he cooed. Akuma turned so he could grab onto Dion for support. His legs started to bend again and Dion shook his head. He picked Akuma up under his back and knees despite the boy's grumbling. "You're not one for children, are you?" Dion asked Nick with a small breathless laugh.

Nick sighed and raised his palm up ever so slightly a transparent green mist flowing from his hand to Akuma, transferring his own energy to the hybrid once again. "There, feel free to punch me again just like last time." Turning his attention back to the man he looked him over, but he froze when he heard his name. "There was a scientist..." The words ran through Nick's head as he remembered his conversation with Fayt. When Dion spoke again Nick found it hard to concentrate. "I erm. Not a problem with kids, but..." he trailed off. "You said your name was Dion right?" He couldn't believe that this was the Dion that Fayt was talking about, but still. The boy didn't know where to even start. "My friend... I wanted to help him. Or all hybrids even." Nick paused again. If he was talking to the wrong guy he would sound like a crackpot right now, but he continued anyways. "I wanted to find a way to remove, or turn off the hunter gene, and as far as I'm aware, you're the only one with any remaining knowledge on how I could do so."

Akuma flinched as he saw Nick's hand suddenly reach out towards him. He felt a slight raise in energy again like last time. He frowned at Nick's comment and turned his head, burying his face in Dion's shirt. Dion smiled ever so slightly at the gesture. His attention returned to Nick as he seemed to be thinking over his name, or rather, sounded surprised to hear it. Dion tensed for a moment, hoping it wouldn't be taken the wrong way. He hadn't expected the next question to be about the hunters gene. Dion's face flashed a look of surprise before going back to a smile. "Oh, you know other hybrids?... Friend..." he laughed quietly. "I'm glad they're doing well... well yes it so happens that I worked with hybrids in the lab... Including this one here" he nodded at Akuma. "Just a hatchling at the time, but all the same" he turned towards the house and started to walk. "Taking away their hunter state... that would be something... they'd fit in better at least" Dion mused. He entered the house and set Akuma on the couch. The hybrid had now fallen asleep despite the energy he received. Dion rubbed the back of his head, "His parents were killed by scientists. Quite brutally..." he trailed off.

Chi nodded as Kat explained her scale situation. "Oh, that's too bad... wish I could heal it, but I think core dna is a bit beyond my talent" she laughed quietly. Chi was taken off guard by the return question, "Me?... Oh yeah. I'm a hybrid. Part human part dragon. I look like a halfling dont I?" she laughed. She waved her hand off, "Don't mind any rumors you hear. I'm quite harmless. Even in my 'hunter state' as they call it" she explained. "See I had a bit too much white dragon integrated in me. I'm all healing powers, no battle abilities. Worst I could do is bite your ankles" she winked.

Edited by Sai

((Sorry for not being back like I promised. Homework was a lot more time-consuming than I thought.))

"B-because..." Kathia answered nervously. While trying to find words to answer this question, the hunter recalled her reason for becoming a dragon slayer and how she felt pleasure in killing two dragons. Her fear turned into hate and her eyebrows furrowed as she answered maniacally, "Because I like kill to dragons!" She swung her sword at the dragoness and again for another hit. If she can accomplish killing a full-grown dragon with just a sword, she can take on a whole world of them. She would then tell people how she slew a dragon like a knight did in story books and then give rise to an army that would reclaim their slaves and take revenge against them.

Darkness' eyes widened in surprise as the girl lashed out once again, the dragoness tried to evade the attack but her timing was slow. Her pained roar rang out as the sword sliced across her shoulder. Blood trickled down her night-black scales, coloring the grass a thick, dark red. Stepping back Darkness hissed, her mouth unleashing searing hot jets of blue flames at the hunter before her, her eyes blazing with fury.

((its okay, I understand the homework situation for it happens to me a lot))

The first few inches of flames managed to get onto Kathia as she raised her shield to block the rest of the fiery breath. The teen girl screamed in pain from the blue fires searing her skin and clothes. She dropped her sword and slapped down the flames. Her hands burned whenever she tried to put out the fire, but it was better to save herself than continue burning. When she was no longer burning, Kathia took up her sword again and tried to run around the dragoness. She went to try and stab the dragon's side.

Aware of the human's movements, Darkness stood on her hind haunches and leaped back to avoid the swords damaging blow. She landed slightly unbalanced, due to her new shoulder wound that continued to throb and bleed. In a self defense attempt, Darkness surrounded herself with a fiery vortex, keeping close attacks from doing any damage. She watched the hunter closely, her eyes never leaving her.

Edited by DarknessDragon197

After Kathia missed, the black dragoness shielded herself with flames. The hunter backed away slowly keeping her eyes on the winged reptile and tried to figure out her next plan of action. She could throw her sword at the dragoness, but that would be losing her one and only weapon. She circled around the dragon to look for an opening, but the fire wall had turned out to be a protective circle of flames to keep the hunter from coming in close to attack. 'Damn it, now what am I going to do? I can't get in close and I can't throw anything at her. What am I suppose to do, stand watch here all day, waiting for her to kill me?' she thought, not liking and wanting to go through with the last 'suggestion'. For now, she would just keep her shield up and wait for an opening to attack.

------------------------------------------------

After regaining energy for flight, Atlas stood up and spread her wings. She took off into the air and flew back to the spring cave. The sisters, who had been playing in the hot spring, saw their aunt return home. "Aunt Atlas, you're back!" said Kylie.

Her sister noticed the damage on damage on the magi's wings, shoulder, and chest and said worriedly, "Aunt Atlas, you're bleeding!"

"Don't worry, they're just scratches. Nothing too serious," assured Atlas, not wanting her nieces to worry. "Anyway, we have to leave this cave to go to a new home."

"Huh? Why?" asked Danielle as the sisters were curious.

"Because we have a few more hybrids here in this country and some idiots want to keep them alive," growled Atlas, remembering how the bleeding-heart boy and two dragoness defended the hybrids.

"Oh no!" both sisters whimpered scared.

"Why would they do that?" asked Kylie, not understanding why on Terra would anyone protect monsters.

"Because they're stupid and don't know what they're bringing on to themselves. Now climb on my back, we're going to the Northwestern region," said Atlas. The hatchlings got out of the hot spring and climbed up their aunt's tail to get onto her back. Now that everyone was ready, the magi left the cave and took off over the woods.

Taking this time while the hunter was held at bay, the dragoness inspected her wounds, most were deep and would most likely leave a scar. Her gaze fell off the human when she twisted her neck around to lick her side wound, wincing in pain as she cleansed the open gash. 'Blasted human..' she thought as she continued to cleanse her other wounds. Darkness could feel herself growing weak from using too much energy to keep the fire wall up, as well as from losing blood, she knew it wouldn't be long until her defenses dropped.

While the dragoness was busy licking her wounds, Kathia backed away until she turned tail and ran. Maybe now that she's inflicted some damage on the dragoness, the monster would be slowed down by its wounds and allow the hunter an easier escape back to the city. Or better yet, camp would be where she needed to go to get her burns healed since there were doctors, nurses, and other medics to heal the survivors of dragon fire. Kathia's arms, hands, and upper part of the torso hurt as she ran. Maybe her own wounds might slow her down too, and if that dragoness caught up to her, she could always fight again.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Now before we leave the Northeast region for good, we're going to go to your parents' graves and pay our respects one last time," Atlas told her nieces. The magi flew down into the part of the woods where John and Flarina were killed and landed right by the mounds of earth that held the deceased dragons beneath. The family said their goodbyes and wished them a happy afterlife before they went back into the air.

Danielle had one question, "Aunt Atlas, what is the Northwest like?"

The magi replied, "I don't know, Danielle. But when we get there, we'll know."

Darkness glanced back at the human finding that she had escaped yet again. The vortex of fire vanished as the enraged dragoness followed pursuit after the girl, keeping to the shadows and forestry to conceal herself from view. She stalked silently, following a good distance behind her. The bleeding wounds on her hide left a small trail of blood, covering some patches of grass with the thick crimson liquid. The black dragoness didn't know where the hunter was going but she wasn't going to let her out of her sight that easily.

Nick watched as Akuma buried his face in Dion's shirt and felt a smile tugging at his lips, he wondered what the hybrid boy was thinking. He watched as Dion shifted from tense to surprised back to his previous smile when Nick mentioned his idea. "Yea, Fayt and Albel, although I don't know if I would call Albel a friend really, he just tolerates me," Nick told the scientist when he learned that Dion had worked with hybrids in the lab. The subject suddenly shifted to Akuma's past though Nick felt uncomfortable. He felt bad for the kid, but at the same time he still didn't think that excuses his actions earlier. There was an awkward moment of silence before Nick changed the subject, "Well anyways. I asked Fayt if there was anything that could be done about the hunter's gene and he mentioned your name, although he thinks you're dead. Do you think anything can be done? I can use magic to complete any task that you would need lab equipment for."

Dion smiled faintly, "Ah yes, Albel and Fayt were also under my care... Albel was... delicate to manage" he said, having to pause for a moment. His hands went back to his pockets as he turned to look at Nick. "If a cure was actually found... I'm afraid I may have to ask you to deliver that. I'm aware they think I'm dead but..." his hands came out of his pockets and grabbed the bottom of his shirt. He pulled the shirt up partially to show 4 lines of scars that looked like a long, single clawing mark, "I'm not on the best terms with Albel anymore. But yes, I'll help how I can" he let his shirt drop. Dion walked to his desk, leaning on it, "Well there are some easier ways to fix the problem on an individual basis. But you're talking about altering their genetic code. That would be both difficult and quite painful to the subject" he folded his arms across his chest. "They are bred with a sort of barrier to their prefrontal cortex. The smell of blood once recognized in the brain sent off a signal to agitate the prefrontal cortex and simulate severe injury to it, resulting in the guilt-less psychpathy. This barrier remains consistent as long as they smell blood" he explained.

After running far for what seemed like a while, Kathia's throat and chest felt lump with exhaustion. She stopped and panted to catch her breath. The girl looked behind to see if the dragoness she tried to kill was chasing her. There was not a silhouette of the big black beast anywhere in sight. Feeling relieved, Kathia decided to take five for a short while before she would continue on back to camp. She couldn't stay for long or the dragoness will come back to attack her.

"Well, Fayt actually thought he saw you the other night, walking through the ash of the city, but Albel is convinced you are dead, or at least it seems so." Nick told Dion. When Dion told Nick that he would have to administer the cure in Dion's place, should one be found, the boy rose an eyebrow. His expression changed to a cringe when he saw the scar left by Albel and he said, "Albel is... Albel. That's all I can say to describe him, but I'm not here for him, I doubt he would want to be cured of his hunter mode anyways. No, I'm here for Fayt. I really feel bad for him, to be at risk of losing yourself and killing anyone around you. To lose your free will and to become a killing machine..." He trailed off. "I can't imagine what that would be like. I've seen his hunter mode. He didn't even hurt me and it still really upset him. I want him to be able to live a normal life." When Dion explained how the hunter's mode worked Nick walked to the window, peering out. When the explanation was finished Nick asked, "So how do you propose we cure Fayt?"

When the huntress stopped running, the black dragoness crept closer to her, her muscles tense and ready to spring onto the oblivious human. That is until she regained her senses. Darkness couldn't bring herself to kill or yet badly injure the girl, maybe it was because she felt the human was too young to die. The black dragoness came out of hiding and revealed herself to the huntress, all defenses lowered but yet still alert, as she slowly padded up to her.

"Ah yeah" Dion said with a chuckle, "I was visiting the city when that little... incident happened. Hard to find your way out without getting killed" he murmured. Dion shook his head, "As for curing it... That will be an interesting task... See there is something they're born with to agitate their brain. So the solution is to create something that will destroy that component without damaging anything else" he put a hand to his chin in thought, "I think something of a magical cure would be better. Rather, something magic controlled and animated to destroy this thing. You say you're good with magic, but the medical aspect may be out of your field... If we can find a hybrid named Chi, she's very good with the healing magic that would needed to be implemented into the cure" he explained.

Kat chuckled at Chi's statement. "You're the first person who voiced any interest in healing me for something other than personal gain." When Chi answered Kathrine's question the magi shook her head. "I wouldn't know. I've seen neither halfbreeds nor hybrids. Although I have heard of the latter. People didn't have many nice things to says." She added casually. "I'm glad you're not as bloodthirsty as the other dragons and the humans made you out to be. Although as I understand it even if you bite at my ankle you could easily break it." She said, teasing Chi. Kat heaved a contemplative sigh as she stared out at the flowing river. "So what will you do now that all us dragons are free?" Katherine asked thoughtfully.

Edited by En'K'Haral