nlechoppa

Potatoes

Sweet potatoes are pretty delicious, too. I don't really like the candied ones, or whatever, where you have marshmallows and I think pecans in them. I usually just like them with some butter.

Sweet potatoes? With marshmallow? blink.gif I didn't know that was a thing!

This thread makes me smile every time I see it. I do like potatoes smile.gif

Sweet potatoes? With marshmallow? :blink: I didn't know that was a thing!

Yes, with marshmallow. Technically it depends on the recipe you follow, but most often it's sweet potato with marshmallow, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sometimes recipes may also call for maple syrup, nutmeg, pecans, cream, etc etc.

There are quite a few people who like it but I am not one of them. It's WAAAAY too sweet for me.

Potato- how do you read that? /po-tah-TOE/ or /po-tey-TOE/? biggrin.gif Both pronunciations are accepted by the way.

I love potatoes as well.My dad just bought a 10 lb. bag of them and we have been having potato based dishes every night. I'm okay with it though. My grandma has a special way she makes her mashed potatoes and I love them to death! Baked potatoes, potato salad. Its all good to me. We even made homade french fries and potato wedges. I'm not obsessed with them But I do love potatoes.

I went to fancy restaunt yesterday and they had creamiest mashed Potatatos ever <3

I wonder how you make it that smooth.

I went to fancy restaunt yesterday and they had creamiest mashed Potatatos ever <3

Probably lots of butter and liquids like cream, milk, or just water.

Also, lots of mashing and stirring and stuff. You could put it into a food processor and "puree" it, I guess.

Lots of mixing. It's very tiring to do that manually though. smile.gif I'm guessing they use a mixer to make it very consistent and smooth.

Hash browns... ♥ nothing more is needed to be said smile.gif

Potatoes are good no matter how you make them. c:

I like them with cheese.

I agree. And yum for the cheese.

Hash browns don't count as potatoes to me they count as part potato but still not potato.

How so? They are diced up or "shredded" potato (depending on how you make them). They use all parts of the potato... They are just as much potato as fries, tater tots, mashed potatos, and other stuff is. XD

Now you could say that things like potato bread are not truly potato, even though potatos are used to make them.

I read that potatoes are poisonous raw, or when they have growths on them they are.

That will not stop me from baking and mashing them.

I read that potatoes are poisonous raw, or when they have growths on them they are.

That will not stop me from baking and mashing them.

Potatoes are part of the Nightshade family, same as tomatoes, peppers and eggplants. With potatoes, they are not toxic raw, but if they have green on the potato, that can make you sick, even if cooked. Trim any green off the potato, and it should be fine to eat, raw or cooked. DO NOT try to eat any other part of the potato plant, because the rest of the plant is toxic.

And yes, I love potatoes, just about any way they can be cooked! <3