nlechoppa

Potatoes

Butter

Sour Cream

Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Parmesan

Habanero Salsa

Currently my top five baked potato toppers, alone or in various combinations, although this is always subject to change.

*hums happily*

Making mash to go ontop of shepards pie. Looking forward to dinner already!

Mashed potatoes, skin still on, with milk and butter mixed in are yum. But then, I like baked potatoes, boiled potatoes...just potatoes in general!

Potatoes are the greatest thing ever. If it has potato in it, it tastes good; Mashed potatoes, Jacket potatoes, crisps, chips, croquette etc.

I'm really hungry now.

Potatoes are awesome because they taste great and you can make lots of food from them.

Baked Potatoes

French Fries

Potato Chips

How do you guys pronounce potato?!

Potatoes. Yum. They're tasty when chopped into slivers and sauteed (is that the right word?) with green bell peppers.

My parents and I went to a farmer's market a few days back and bought a giant sack of potatoes because they were so damn cheap. We're gonna be eating potatoes every day for a while now :I

I do enjoy them though so this is excellent

Potatoes are full of starch. To get the taste of mashed potatoes without the carbs of them you can make mashed cauliflower instead.

Potatoes are full of starch. To get the taste of mashed potatoes without the carbs of them you can make mashed cauliflower instead.

Carbs are the foundation on which the rest of the diet is balanced. Potatoes are a great source of necessary carbs, and I don't have any idea why your cauliflower tastes the same as your potatoes. blink.gif The flavor of cauliflower is sweetly cabbagy. The texture is considerably different, too. If I expected mashed potatoes and somebody gave me mashed cauliflower, I would be seriously upset.

Real Potatoes! Accept no substitutes!

(I do like cauliflower too, but I love potatoes!)

Carbs are the foundation on which the rest of the diet is balanced. Potatoes are a great source of necessary carbs, and I don't have any idea why your cauliflower tastes the same as your potatoes. blink.gif The flavor of cauliflower is sweetly cabbagy. The texture is considerably different, too. If I expected mashed potatoes and somebody gave me mashed cauliflower, I would be seriously upset.

Real Potatoes! Accept no substitutes!

(I do like cauliflower too, but I love potatoes!)

biggrin.gif I agree!

---

Potatoes and butter, yum!

I'm so afraid of breaking rule #1 of going off topic that I might forget to say something about potatoes... xd.png

I like fries...... steak fries... <3

I'd love to grow some potatoes. How does one do it?

Potatoes are the best eating if cooked. They must be cooked for me to enjoy them. Not healthy at all, but cheesy baked hash brown casserole is the best. I love baked potatoes. Sometimes with just salt and pepper. Lots of other things go well with them. I also discovered vinegar can make them tasty. My oil and vinegar salad dressing ran from my lettuce to my cooked spinach, lamb and baked potato before I added the oil. All 3 tasted great. The lettuce was the worst with just vinegar.

I don't like mashed potatoes with the skins still on them though or super lumpy mashed/smashed potatoes.

Potatoes are my #1 food.

Number. One.

THEY ARE SO GOOD.

When my school serves potatoes, I get them. Because it's ONE ENTIRE POTATO. As a side, too. Meaning it's a free potato.

free potatoes

smile.gif Since we are on the topics of potatoes, may I just ask what the difference between potato crisps, chips, and fries? Answers are much appreciated.

smile.gif Since we are on the topics of potatoes, may I just ask what the difference between potato crisps, chips, and fries? Answers are much appreciated.

I've always been under the impression that "fries" in America are called "chips" in Britain, and "chips" in America are called "crisps" in Britain.

Fries (Am.) & Chips (Brit.) = longer cut slices of fried potato

Chips (Am.) & Crisps (Brit.) = the thinner, usually rounder baked or fried potato slices

I'm sure there's some minor differences and I might be slightly off, but that's what I've usually been told is the explanation for the different terms. Maybe someone else who's a bit more world-knowledgable could help out?

I've always been under the impression that "fries" in America are called "chips" in Britain, and "chips" in America are called "crisps" in Britain.

Chips (Am.) & Crisps (Brit.) = the thinner, usually rounder baked or fried potato slices

I'm sure there's some minor differences and I might be slightly off, but that's what I've usually been told is the explanation for the different terms. Maybe someone else who's a bit more world-knowledgable could help out?

Potato-knowledgeable you mean.

I do see the many differences now that you have pointed out just now.

Strange that potatoes are such a serious topic..

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

> biggrin.gif Ah, I see. So it has to do with the culture. Thanks! I think this basically summarises it. *after a while* huh.gif So, Americans don't use the term "crisps"?

Edited by georgexu94