Gollum - "What's.....'taters precious?"

Sam - "You know, mash 'em, fry 'em, put 'em in a stew."

Favorite types of potato dishes:

Corn Beef hash

Mashed potatoes

Hash browns

Potato salad

Edited by Smaug-is-my-dragon

I like mashed potatoes. And baked potatoes. And fries.

Although, my baked potatoes must be prepared in a certain way. I like cheese and bacon bits and butter on it.

My mashed potatoes must be very creamy.

And my fries must be the skinny kind.

I just realized how serious I am about my potatoes.

I once made shepherds pie in home-economics. Mine was the best in class.(I don't mean to brag) I mashed them really, REALLY well. I also added twelve shakes of pepper, soya sauce, condensed milk and butter. As well as a tablespoon of salt. I think that would be a good mashed potato recipe.

I once made shepherds pie in home-economics. Mine was the best in class.(I don't mean to brag) I mashed them really, REALLY well. I also added twelve shakes of pepper, soya sauce, condensed milk and butter. As well as a tablespoon of salt. I think that would be a good mashed potato recipe.

That sounds delicious! I may have to try something like that next time we make shepard's pie. That dish is a heavy favourite around my house =)

Edited by Katzyn

I used to dislike potato skin, and now I like that part more than the whole potato.

Mashed potatoes taste good with meat grease.

Mashed potatoes and peas are the best combination ever.

Yams taste like you-know-what alone.

just

POTATOES!

Ew what why soy sauce in those...

Not that soy sauce sounds bad in mashed potatoes, but not like shepherd's pie.

Wait, no, I'm thinking of a different recipe. My mom hasn't made shepherd's pie in forever, so I don't remember what goes in it. I know it has a ton of vegetables and pot roast in it, with the potatoes on top. Maybe it did have soy sauce in it, but idk.

I like tater tots, fries, baked potatoes, and mashed potatoes. I NEED to have TONS of butter on the baked and mashed potatoes, and all I put on the baked is butter. TONS OF BUTTER. The mashed potatoes NEED to have gravy. The fries need to be FRIED, like at Mcdonald's. And the tater tots need to be, well, tater tots.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=minecr...726&FORM=IQFRBA

Corn Beef hash

I was intrigued enough to look that up. Guess what I'm having for dinner in a couple of days? The dish sounds delectable.

I love potatoes, mashed, baked, fried, steamed - you name it I'll probably try it (other than raw of course). Potato is extra tasty with salt or with pepper; both even, maybe some butter on top. I love mashed potato with a drizzle of honey on top. Some of those in this household like pouring a salt lake full of salt into the stuff, so I covered the flavour up with honey, it is soo delicious. My teeth are probably going to rot from it, but what do I care? It tastes great! *Is shot with a potato pellet gun for being dramatic.*

My nickname used to be 'Spud'. My elder sister and I were arguing one day over who had to peel the potatoes, and since we call them spuds, she ended up using the slang as an insult and it stuck. We had a good laugh over it but I dislike the nickname as mentioning it degenerates into a (friendly) insult slinging match very quickly. xd.png

Hmm... I liked diced (is that what they're called) potatoes. But not mashed potatoes. Anything but mashed potatoes. xd.png

I like a large variety of potato based foods. I generally don't like eating potato skin. Some types of fries are not appealing to me.

I love potato pancakes, nice and crispy. Delicious with some sour cream. smile.gif Some people like them with apple sauce.

Random fact: Potatoes are good for your skin when raw. It isn't TOO bad when made into juice with apples.

I get somewhat tired of eating potatoes at times, they are too mainstream here :c but mashed ones are good indeed when eaten with whatever comes in your mind, or well...not whatever comes in mind.. meat mostly

I love potatoes. At least most kinds of potatoes. I do likesalt and pepper on white and yellow and red potatoes, not necessarily sweet potatoes though.

Word of caution for the heavy salt and soy sauce users cut back before you have a big problem if you have to delete salt from your diet. Soy sauce is super high in sodium and thus really salty. No need to salt when using soy sauce.

For those who don't like mashed potatoes try making a small batch or having a friend over to eat the serving if you don't like it but.

1. Twice baked potatoes when mashed and then adding baked potato toppers to the mashed baked potato is quite good.

2. Mash the peeless potatoes with what I term a ricer rather than the wavy line masher, a bit of salt, butter, milk or sour cream and cheddar cheese. No lumps is easier with this type of masher. You can also whipthem with a beater and make them lighter and fluffier.

3. Roasted potatoes around a roast piece of meat are so good.

4. Boiled potatoes are a bit bland most times, but sometimes they are just what you want. Especially if feeling slightly under the weather.

5. Anyone fry as a pancake leftover mashed potatoes with onions in them in butter for breakfast? Great with eggs.

I am currently growing potatoes. Purple ones, and white ones.

When will they be ready for you to slather tons of butter and salt on and eat them?

"Because I'm a potato."

Ha, joking aside I love potatoes no matter how they're cooked. Especially mashed potatoes mixed with a butter and garlic. Oh and homemade fries and my mom makes the best homemade hash browns. I've tried making them myself but they never come out as good as hers.