nlechoppa

Potatoes

On 1/25/2017 at 11:35 AM, missHPfan2 said:

Speaking of hashbrowns, you know how hashbrowns at a store or restaurant are kinda in these little strips? That's done with a cheese grater. Use the big side of a cheese grater to get those. I recommend cutting the spud in half and starting at one end. I cook mine with butter and seasoning salt.

That is an idea for my love of hashbrowns, thank you...

What do you all think of potato salad?

I had a bowl of it today and usually I don't like it but the kind we got from the deli recently is pretty good. :) 

I'm not a huge fan of potatoes by themselves (though there are exceptions too) but French fries are one of my favorite things. They're just the right amount of tasty and salty!

Friend potatoes are god’s gift to the world. Some ketchup with them? Ooohhh baby! 

AHahha. That was supposed to say fried. But potatoes are also friends. 

Edited by Evangeline

I love potatoes, from simple, unseasoned baked potatoes to the fancy twice-baked potatoes that I make for spring picnics ^_^ mashed potatoes, hashbrowns, fries, tater tots, potato chips... yum!

One of the best vegetables on earth!  I can't think of a way I don't like them, honestly. 

If I had to pick, I think my least favorite is mashed with gravy (get that gunk off my tasty potatoes!) and my favorite is boiled with butter and chives.

I just had chips today and was instantly reminded of how hard it is to stop snacking on them. Oop?

I tend to like the kind of potatoes that are more salty in some way, just like French fries and chips. And a certain other kind of potato thing that I don't know the name of.

I gave up potatoes when I was diagnosed as diabetic.

I love potatoes, but have absolutely no portion control, so they had to go.

FYI, mashed cauliflower is no substitution for mashed potatoes. Yuk!