nlechoppa

Potatoes

Makes me think of two things:

1) Attack on Titan

2) Sockpuppet Strangler

Oooh, where do you get your starters, Seiti?

Sweet potatoes are the same order of plants, but a different family. Solanaceae is the "potato family", but it also includes peppers, tomatillo, tobacco plants, mandrake, petunia, nightshade, and a lot of other important plants.

In the past 2 years I've grown over 1400 lbs of Kennebec Reds. They are easy to grow but insects find them tasty. Potatoes, unless grown organic, are often full of pesticides. The quickest way to remove Colorado potato beetles from the plants is with a vacuum cleaner.

We put 400 lbs of potatoes in the root cellar last fall and I discovered that I have an allergy to them about two weeks later.

I'm not too worried about insects. I'm an entomologist. I know all the fun tricks to keep insects out without using pesticides. xd.png Trap crops work well, as does BTSD (a bacteria that produces a biological toxin specific to beetles, harmless to anything else). Mulching with straw helps, too.

Oooh, where do you get your starters, Seiti?

Sweet potatoes are the same order of plants, but a different family. Solanaceae is the "potato family", but it also includes peppers, tomatillo, tobacco plants, mandrake, petunia, nightshade, and a lot of other important plants.

some I buy in the supermarked(but they very only offered occasionally and also just a few varieties are avaiable)

or I buy them from a german potatoshop they have a very large selection of normal and unusual potatoes, but they only ship to europe

here I buy the 'Mayan Twilight' since the taste of them was very good I am thinking to buy other "Mayan potatoes"(Solanum phurej) 3 other varieties where in this shop avaiable 'Mayan Gold' 'Mayan Queen' 'Mayan Trixie'

the "Mayan potatoes"(Solanum phurej) also have a shorter cooking time than normal potatoes

click on "Exoten"(means exotic) on this side to see pictures of interesting looking potatoes who they have .

which is also nice, some varieties have pretty flowers

Edited by Seiti

There's a clear bullet point in my post-GI tract surgery that forbids potatoes.

Farewell, potatoes.

Farewell, potatoes.

QAQ You poor thing! *hugs*

I would hate to be forbidden potatoes. Potatoes = <3

Farewell, potatoes.

...life is clearly over! D: No potatoes? I offer my greatest sympathies to you!

My genius idea:

The potato vending machine. Stocked only with potatoes, the buyer inserts their cash, selects one of the following options:

mashed potatoes

french fries

potato sticks

chips

potato skins

potato boats

and bam. happiness.

My genius idea:

The potato vending machine. Stocked only with potatoes, the buyer inserts their cash, selects one of the following options:

mashed potatoes

french fries

potato sticks

chips

potato skins

potato boats

and bam. happiness.

ALL OF MY MONEY. *stuffs it into the potato machine*

Oh, so this is a thing apparently?

I actually ate a raw potato once, and it tasted okay.

By the way, am I the only person who wonders if potato ice cream exists?

My genius idea:

mashed potatoes

french fries

potato sticks

chips

potato skins

potato boats

and bam. happiness.

Ermagersh, for us potato lovers! I would love to see such a thing

Have we brought up gnocci here yet? I'm sure we have but they bear mentioning again. Gnocci are so good.

I love potatoes, especially drowned in sauce, but I love fries, noisettes, mashed and potato strips even more.

Just found a couple of my grandmother's cookbooks in a box, and the one from 1902 is kind of amazing. It includes a recipe for Saratoga Potatoes, which seems to be what we now call potato chips, the American style. There are 25 other recipes for potatoes in that book, and at least a half dozen in the second book.

Lately, I've been cutting very large potatoes into very large fries and frying them in a skillet for about 8 minutes, flip and fry for another 8, remove and add a light sprinkle of salt, or other seasonings. Mmmmmmm! Homemade steak fries! biggrin.gif