nlechoppa

Potatoes

Our school has a day called Potatoe Day where they give you a potato cut in half and you can put butter, bacon, sour cream, cheese, or fake bacon on it.

I wish my school had a day like that...

I'm a potato nut.

Potato chips, wedges, mashed, boiled, french fry, battery for an artificially intelligent computer system, any form of potato will do.

i wouldnt recommend taking a boiled potato to the first day of boot camp. new a girl that did it once. ran laps for hours afterwards. but im not so sure i blame her- i mean potatoes are delicious.

i prefer mine baked or mashed though.

I could do an Irish joke or a reference to boilin and mashing and stewing, but eh.

Potatoes are great, I grow my own and since I'm the only one who likes them in my family, I cook them too. Try slicing a potatoe, then coating it with olive oil, then smothering it with cheese and baking it. Good lord is tht good.

Potato skins with cheese and bacon. If i wasn't lactose intolerant i would eat them all day every day.

it might seem like such a simple idea but ive never tried cheesy mashed potatoes before

do any of you have any cheesy mashed potato tips

id love to expend my potato-y experiences

Garlic potatoes, garlic potatoes with butter and cheese, garlic potatoes with butter, cheese, sour cream, and bacon. Potatoes in soups. Smashed potatoes are my favorite; red potatoes with the skin, garlic, and butter happy.gif

I had German mashed poatoes yesterday's yesterday.

There's a German style for mashed potatoes? Hmm... I'll have to look it up.

Oh, and as to your question about German style potato salad...

Recipe

There are different versions and this isn't exactly the way I make it.

I usually fry a chopped onion and some bacon bits until the onion carmalizes. Then add some chopped potatoes that have been boiled and softened. And finally add a mixture of 1/3rd part water, 1/3rd part apple cider vinegar and 1/3rd part sugar that has been boiled down and thickened.

There's a version of cold german potato salad too. And I have heard people argue that the version of warm potato salad isn't really authentic.

Mashed potatoes with gravy and just enough salt are hands down my favorite way to eat potatoes.

I have rosemary potatoes roasting in the oven right now, along with sesame seed encrusted broccoli! It'll be done in 15 minutes and it smells sooo good. smile.gif

I named my dragon Moldy Potato.

Unfortunately I don't really know if Potatoes actually get moldy.

nah, a potato can grow mold. onions and potatos have long shelf lives, but a few months will leave you with moldy mushy mis-colored nasty things (and a few weeks in a non-protected cuppard will leave you with maggots in them *gags*)

anyone use those Idaho Instant Potato flavored bags?

i <3 the garlic baby reds with the skins still on

Edited by Red2111