Shadlok

Lineage view change

Do you like this  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't like it at first, but it's kind of growing on me. I like being able to see more of the lineage all on one page.

Contacted TJ about the above lineages and at least the names seem to be consistent with each other now, even if they're not consistent with other lineages. x3

He hasn't answered my original PM, so I'm going to ask that everyone give it at least one more full week, and then a suggestions thread can be started if people want.

Hehehe. I see my babies in there. Saren's Secret and Wrapped in Angel's Wing are mine.

I love what you've done with their baby.

And thank you, Socky. I will create a thread in a week then. <3

Sockpuppet, can you explain to me what would be the point of starting a new suggestions thread about this in a week if TJ still hasn't responded by then? I genuinely don't understand what you're suggesting. If he hasn't responded to this thread, and he hasn't responded to PM's from his own mods, then why would making a second thread about this cause him to respond?

Because a Suggestions thread may grab other users' attention, as well as allowing us to discuss other alternatives or solutions for lineage view. Just because TJ hasn't answered doesn't mean he isn't listening or won't read the suggestions thread. I can't promise change, but is there reason to not start a thread asking for a change in the section meant for suggestions about the site?

Not at all, and I don't oppose such a thread, I'm just very confused about what the procedure is supposed to be here. I can see that you're trying to give us hints, but somehow I'm not grasping what they are. Hopefully others here are less dense about it than I am, because I'd really appreciate a response, and the subtleties of how to get one are eluding me. I'll certainly be glad to repeat my thoughts in a second thread in the subforum TJ prefers us to use if that's the issue.

I'm confused as to what you mean by giving you hints. I'm telling you guys everything I know. ?

All I'm saying is that just because we haven't gotten a response doesn't mean TJ isn't listening. Maybe he just hasn't figured out how to word a reply that won't seem like he's giving an outright no to something or whatever.

Hehehe. I see my babies in there. Saren's Secret and Wrapped in Angel's Wing are mine.

I love what you've done with their baby.

And thank you, Socky. I will create a thread in a week then. <3

Actually, it was a gift from DragonRoz. laugh.gif

I'm confused as to what you mean by giving you hints. I'm telling you guys everything I know. ?

All I'm saying is that just because we haven't gotten a response doesn't mean TJ isn't listening. Maybe he just hasn't figured out how to word a reply that won't seem like he's giving an outright no to something or whatever.

I think the term tjekan was thinking of would have been tips. Giving tips on how to get the thread noticed and get people to offer suggestions, etc.

I'll leave making a new thread until after the new release, since TJ will be per-occupied by that anyway.

I think the term tjekan was thinking of would have been tips. Giving tips on how to get the thread noticed and get people to offer suggestions, etc.

Yes, that's just what I meant. Not that you were playing a mind game with us or anything like that, but that you were trying to give us hints or tips or pointers for how to get TJ's attention and they were going over my head somehow. :-)

Looking back at the dragons on the previous page, it seems the 5th gens with tombstones are being displayed in the classic style and 6th gens in the new style, but at least the styles are no longer mixing.

Such a prompt response... sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Edited by Sycamore

It is still exceedingly unfair that this only affects even gens. I'm starting to look fondly at the even gen portions of my messies, simply because their lineage views look nicer than the tidy ones. If this is being done for some kind of space saving reasons, then why aren't the super messy explosive lineages being collapsed, too? Smells fishy to me. :l

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I am *very* disappointed that this has been an issue for a month now, and still not one iota of feedback about it.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

What bothers me is it seems the policy for updates is to simply perform them and not even release information about it. No company, business or serious body would take that approach. Its unprofessional, lazy and a horrible approach to try and avoid responsibility.

I don't need to wait for a response from TJ. It was fun but goodbye.

Edited by Gim

I used to love even gen, but this just killed my interest in creating anything longer than 4th gen.

It definitely killed my purebred Red Dorsal project. And now all I'm thinking about is if I should release all my 5th+ dragons into the Wilderness.

Ok, I haven't looked at large lineages for a while, so I just noticed this - and I hate it. To me, it's ruined my 7th PB even gen Deep Sea lineage and made it into a mess: http://dragcave.net/lineage/DM0tL

I have one column of names next to the picture, and 6 columns of normal names. That one odd bit ruins the evenness and sameness that was the point of making a PB even gen.

What was the purpose of changing the lineage view to this format? This time I have absolutely no idea why. At least when the way names worked were changed (again, without any prior announcement), we had an idea about why it was changed. I just hope this time the users are not completely ignored after bringing up our dissatisfaction the way we were last time.

I see no problem with it, i actually kind of like it. So a bucnh of guys that are gen 1 are small. The gen 2s are bigger. And so on.

I see no problem with it, i actually kind of like it. So a bucnh of guys that are gen 1 are small. The gen 2s are bigger. And so on.

The problem is that a lot of the most important things are in the first generation. Spriter's Alts, original Thuweds, Old Pinks, Midas Dorkface--all of these things can be found in the first generation only (for the most part), and now 5th gens and higher are reducing those dragons, such an important part of many lineages, to very tiny and easily missed boxes. Also, having one part of the lineage look one way while the rest looks different makes for a very odd look. I make checkerboards so they can look like checkerboards, not checkerboards with a bunch of rectangles stapled on at the end.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Well, it's been a over (another) week without any feedback at all. Can it be suggestion thread time now... sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

The problem is that a lot of the most important things are in the first generation. Spriter's Alts, original Thuweds, Old Pinks, Midas Dorkface--all of these things can be found in the first generation only (for the most part), and now 5th gens and higher are reducing those dragons, such an important part of many lineages, to very tiny and easily missed boxes. Also, having one part of the lineage look one way while the rest looks different makes for a very odd look. I make checkerboards so they can look like checkerboards, not checkerboards with a bunch of rectangles stapled on at the end.

That's for the people who don't care about lineages. All they'll do is scroll over boxes saying, "Hey hey a colorful dragon" while the people who care about lineages will be the ones who take the time to go to the end and look at the sprite. If you have a problem with eyesight and just see tiny blurs just use the zoom button, and if you're on a phone or something you can pretty much easily see it. That's why I don't have a problem. It makes sense.

Which misses the point of the beautiful even gen lineages so many of us have built. When the point of the lineage is to show off the first gen, but those CB dragons are reduced to little dots, all the planning and work that went into building the lineage is a waste, and that is heartbreaking for many of us.

Please, fix the Even-gen views, and make the dots an option for those who are so happy with the miniscule dots.

Except I don't see dots. If you go on mobile you can see them perfectly fine, and my comouter is broken so I see no problem with the lineages, since I'm pretty much on mobile most of the time, or on a tablet.

I'm using a laptop, and anything 5th G or higher, the base gen may not be dots, but they are just blobs, such as this 9th G Beauty, who really does have Shadow Walkers, Old Pinks, Frills, Yulebucks, a Spriter's Alt and a Thuwed pair (which happens to be the Green x ALT Vine one) in the base gen, which are all but invisible now, and please don't tell me to "just zoom in", all that does is make the sprites blurry.

I'm very disappointed that this has not been addressed by the only person that can do anything about it, and why. on. earth. can this not be optional?

Edited by prpldrgnfr