MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

((Approved. We're in school and walking around trying to find adults, but they all seem to have disappeared.))

Dylan looked confused when Zloko went into the school's system. They still didn't know what had happened to the adults, and they didn't even know if the principal was still here or not. 'Come on, I wanna see the principal.' He made his way down the hallway until he was outside of the principal's office. He knocked on the door and waited. No one answered. He knocked again, but still no one answered. Slowly he opened the door. It was pitch black inside and the light from the hallway illuminated the room.

In the principal's chair was the principal. Dead, his head cut off and placed lovingly on his desk.

Raiados, in her fox form, had caught up to the group in the principal's office. The principal was dead. She looked around frantically, staying in her fox form just in case she needed to fight with fire.

A banshee floated into the school, well and truly late for any classes she would have taken. The halls were a bit empty, and she tilted her head in confusion. Suddenly, a familiar sensation hit her. A wide grin spread over her face. "Oooh! Somebody's dead! I could get some brownie points, and maybe a new Lil' Reapers merit badge!" With a giggle of mirth, she made her way towards the principal's office.

There, she saw the body and head of the Principal, as well as a few other students. Immediately, she took out a notepad and began jotting things down.

Celeste's eyes widened in shock, "Hey guys, this isn't funny..." She looked around nervously, it wasn't very nice to prank her on her first day of school.

"Nice props though, its very realistic." Celeste added with a chuckle, she didn't want to believe a teacher had been murdered.

Kaede swiveled around when Dylan called to the rest of the group, shrugged, and followed. That did make sense. When she saw the corpse, she made a choked noise and brought her hands up to her face. How could this even happen? She registered the fact that someone new had just come in through the door, but couldn't look away from the severed head. "I...I don't think these are props, Celeste," she said in a shaky voice as she fumbled for her phone. "I'm gonna call the police."

Morwyn smiled at the people in the room with her. "Oh don't worry, it's not a prop. He's well and truly dead, so nobody's pulling a prank on you. This is quite exciting! I've never seen one beheaded before!" She gave a small, high pitched giggle, then began moving around the body to sketch it from different angles.

Dylan tried to speak, but he couldn't. His mouth was dry, his eyes were locked on the head, and he couldn't move. It was different with Angelo di Milo's murder - he didn't know the guy, and he was so far away from the scene that he hadn't really seen anything. Now, he could see every drop of blood, every flap of skin, and it was disgusting him.

Suddenly, the windows were covered with thick, titanium sheets, like shutters, but thicker and harder to get through. Every window began to close off, and soon the school was in lockdown. 'What's happening?' Dylan managed to say, even though he knew that no one else knew.

Suddenly, an inhuman shriek was heard down the hall followed by the skittering of claws down the hall. The lockdown had forced Zloko out of the system, and rather painfully so at that. As he scampered down the hallway on all fours, he glitched into his disguise, hoping that nobody had seen him in his true form. Even if they hadn't, there were splatters of corruption on the floor where he had been in that form. Hopefully, they wouldn't make the connection.

Following the sound of Dylan's voice, he arrived at the principal's office, freezing in his tracks when he saw the principal dead and beheaded at his desk. In truth, he had no clue how he was supposed to react to this. Some people seemed disgusted, horrified even. On the other hand, this one girl was gleefully sketching the body. So, he just went with the reaction that first came to mind. "Ah, for the love of source code, it wasn't me!" he groaned, slumping into one of the chairs a student would sit in. The shock the system's defenses had given him was affecting his disguise, causing it to glitch every so often as well as distort his voice. He truly hoped it would wear off soon; he wasn't keen on revealing himself today.

Zeke covered his nose with his shirt and his eyes flashed to yellow. The scent of fresh blood and dead flesh was overwhelming his wolf side and threatening to make him change. A low growl echoed in his chest and he backed out of the room. He sat down in the hall outside the office and struggled to regain control.

Celeste didn't answer, she just looked around terrified, then she swallowed, her throat dry. "It's a lockdown... The principal is dead..." Celeste said slowly as if her mouth were still full of the oatmeal she had- she could feel that coming up by the way.

"A murderer is on the loose!" Celeste finally concluded, "We need to get out!"

'It's a lockdown, you prat,' Nathan reminded her, walking down the hallway toward them. His face was still bruised and he looked severely ticked off. 'The chances of us "getting out of here" are slim, in case hadn't realised. The fact is, we need to find the control panel for this place and try to flip the switch. Does anyone have any ideas?'

Dylan remained silent, stunned still by the head.

(Done.)

(EDIT: I got air mimicry mixed up with flying.)

Edited by mipuppy1

In the middle of her sketching, Morwyn heard them mention a murderer. "Murderer. Hmm. I think I'm supposed to frown on those, but I'd kinda like to meet one." She glanced back at the locked down windows. "Well, not like I have a choice now."

The Banshee walked out of the office and saw Zeke sitting in the hall. "You look strange. Are you going to kill someone? If you do, can I watch? I'd like to study your technique."

Zeke shot up from his position on the floor at the sound of the girl's voice. He lunged at her, snarling and clawing for her throat.

"DAH!" She stepped back, but her face was clawed badly anyway. "Okay, okay, my bad! I'm not interested in attending my own death! I'm just trying to get into the business!" She backed quickly away from him, scrambling behind a row of lockers.

Zloko heard Zeke going wild on someone, sounding as if he was going to rip their head clean off their neck. Still, he wasn't too keen on doing much of anything about it. Getting to his feet, he casually strolled out of the office doors, deciding that he just didn't feel like caring much anymore. "Hey Zeke. Do you want any help with that, or should I just go?" he asked, sticking his clawed hands in his pockets.

Zeke clawed at his jeas pocket and pulled out his pill bottle and downed some more of the blue herb. He swallowed and began to calm down. The heat from his skin began to recede and his eyes lost their primal yellow. He slumped against the wall and slid to the floor, "Sorry about that. You shouldn't sneak up on me when I get like that". That was the second time today that has happened, what was up with him lately and why was he losing control so easily.

Morwyn nodded sharply. "Duly noted. As much as I love death, I've no interest in personalizing the experience. Morwyn. You?"

Zloko rolled his eyes. Well then, ignore the NAM. He thought Zeke was above that sort of thing. Oh well, no use sticking around to cramp his style any longer. "Fine then," he grumbled, the rush of heartlessness from being in peril wearing off. "I'll bugger off. Enjoy your creepy death-lady or whatever." With that, he turned and left, his hands still shoved in his pockets.

Zeke glanced over at the muttering Virus, 'Whats wrong? I was having a episode and your offended? Thats like getting mad at your grandmother for having a stroke at your birthday party", he stuck out his hand to the girl in front of him, Both as a request to help him up and to shank hands, 'Ezekiel. Pleasure", he said, still panting from his attack.

Kaede started as the shutters smashed shut and nearly dropped her phone. She looked down at the corpse again. Someone found out about the murder the moment after they entered the office? It felt unlikely, but she didn't really want to tell the police that their principal had been decapitated herself. It still felt unreal. She tucked her phone back into her pocket and shuffled out of the office to get some distance between her and the corpse.

She spotted the NAM ahead and jogged up to him. She did want to get to know him better, and she needed to get her mind off the death of their principal (and quite possibly all of her teachers as well, now that she thought about it - augh she really needed a break). "Um...hey."