MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

"Oh! You were involved in that?" Kaede leaned in, before catching herself and stepping to the side to give Dylan a little space. "Oh, sorry. I'm Kaede! Yeah, I read about the giant crab thing online. It's crazy how many weird monsters there are around here, huh? Oh, no offence to, uh, you or anyone in the area." She grinned sheepishly. "Look, you have to tell me all about that later. All the articles are really vague so that they can protect the identities of everyone involved or whatever." She walked into the classroom and started digging around in her bag for her textbook.

Eventually, Zloko finally decided to show up, if only for the sole purpose of attending his dark arts elective. Having finished his homework solely by paraphrasing online sources, he strolled into the school, being careful not to put too much weight on his right leg as he walked over to his locker. It had been graffitied on, and was now covered in hateful words and phrases. The virus let out a sigh, his gaze downcast as he opened his locker. Usually it took four days for the graffiti to accumulate like that; the deaths of the demigods must have aroused the students' suspicion.

Opening his locker, he pulled out the books for his next class. Calculus. Shockingly, the virus was actually pretty good at comprehending mathematical equations, and was near the top of his class the year before.

((Being a computer program will give you an edge in the linear equations department.))

Zeke snapped awake and looked up through the light filtering through the trees. Something was clearly wrong because he did not go to bed with trees over his head. He sat up and also didn't remember going to bed naked. He rubbed his dirty face and looked around. He recognized these woods. He had been scouting them since he enrolled for obvious reasons. He got to his feet and looked around for some pants or something to wear back to his dorm. A few minutes of walking he found the shredded remains of his pajamas. with a sigh, he started his walk back to his dorm. He was sure he was late for school but being a skinwalked gave him a certain amount of excused absences for his little episodes. This was weird though, It is not even quarter full yet. Why am I shifting? he wondered as he exited the trail and stepped onto campus.

'Yeah ... it was kinda crazy ...' he chuckled dryly to himself. 'The entire mall is screwed up ...' He looked around for Zeke. He could have sworn that they had the same class this morning - where was he? And where was Aidrian? He hadn't seen him since last night, and that included in school. Did he even have classes?

Carola wandered in, yawning tiredly. Normally she'd have been stressed about the fact she'd woken up later than usual, she found it distressing to be off track, but right now she really just wished she could go back to bed."Hey. How'd everything go with your dad last night?" she asked tiredly, sitting down by Nathan and covering a yawn.

Where was our dear vampire? I have no idea.

Nathan jumped as Carola sat down next to her. He didn't see her coming, as he was covering his bruised right eye with his hand. 'Um ... it was fine, actually. I was surprised how understanding he was about the whole situation ... I wonder where the teacher is, class is about to start ...' he tried to change the subject.

But the girl frowned, noticing his behavior. She leaned forward in her seat a bit, trying to look at his face. "Nathan?"

"Well, I'll catch up to you later." Kaede gave Dylan a cheery little wave and plunked herself down at a seat next to a window. She drummed her fingers on the desk and stared vacantly ahead, waiting for the class to start.

'Yeah?' he asked, trying to appear innocent, but wincing when he blinked, and he accidentally let his bruised eye show slightly.

Carola quickly caught his hand, moving it away so she could actually examine the glimpse she'd seen. The girl frowned and puffed out her cheeks a bit, tilting his chin a bit with her other hand.

"Damn," she sort of muttered and let him go. the girl then replied her books and picked them up, standing and saying "follow me" before heading out of the classroom without an explanation.

Groaning as he followed her, Nathan insisted that there was nothing wrong. 'Seriously, I just fell over, it was fault, I was being clumsy!' he continued to say as he walked out of the classroom.

Dylan was confused as two students left the classroom - Nathan and Carola, he thought their names were - but he was even more confused as to why biology hadn't started yet, as the bell had rung two minutes ago. 'Do you know who our teacher is?' he called to Kaede.

"Eh?" Kaede turned to face Dylan. "Um, no, I'm not sure..." She pulled her bag up into her lap and rummaged around, looking for her schedule. Now that Dylan mentioned it, it was kind of weird that the teacher hadn't showed up yet. Her bag was already a complete mess even though it hadn't even been a week yet, and the schedule was nowhere to be found. She shrugged and pulled out one of her pairs of scissors, spinning them around her finger. "Think maybe another giant crab got 'im and we'll get another day off?" She joked.

Dylan was immediately concerned that the first thing the girl did was whip out scissors, but, then again, he shouldn't really be surprised - she was a monster after all, and he was beginning to realise that monsters didn't work like humans did ... 'Yeah, maybe ...' he tried to laugh. 'Hey, aren't we allowed to leave if the teacher isn't here in fifteen minutes of the lesson starting? Or was that just my old school?'

Zeke swore and put his finger in his mouth to stop the bleeding. The little machine that pricked his finger was whirling and analyzing his blood. He took this time to get dressed and cleaned up for school. He was searching for the stack of shifter late passes when the making gave off a soft beep. He picked it up and read the screen, "Miserotoxin levels in my blood is higher than it should be...higher than it should be this time of the month anyway", he muttered and put the device down. Being a skinwalker was compared to "Having the coolest case of diabetes ever" by his dad. He grabbed his backpack and pass and headed for the door. He paused at the door frame and looked back at the pill bottle on the nightstand. He bit his lip and crossed the room to grab it. If he was off balance he was going to need something to detox his blood.

He arrived at biology class, surprised to see that he beat the teacher there. He took a seat next to Dylan, "So...where is the Teach?", he asked, looking around at the chatting students in the class.

'That's a very apt and smart question,' Dylan nodded. 'The answer is: who the hell the knows? Seriously, after yesterday, all I wanted was a normal, boring biology lesson, and the teacher doesn't turn up, and all I can assume is that they were murdered and beheaded or eaten by a giant freaking crab monster.'

Upon learning that his calculus teacher was severely injured in yesterday's crab incident, Zloko was redirected to biology. Wonderful, he had to do even more walking. By the time he arrived at the classroom, he was limping, and he could already hear the gossipers starting rumors on what he is to get that anklet. Rolling his eyes at their ridiculous theories, he slipped into the empty chair next to Zeke's. he was fairly certain that he was bleeding again, but his ankle already felt like hamburger meat, so it was hard to tell.

"What, this teacher got slaughtered too?" he grumbled, his expression tired, yet annoyed. "Geez, don't tell me I'm gonna have to move class again."

'I have no idea, but I'm bored as hell right now ...' Dylan replied across Zeke to Zloko. 'Did you get transferred? Because no one's come to talk to us ... So I'm guessing they can' transfer anymore kids ... How many teachers aren't here? More importantly, how many are dead?' Jesus Christ, he was hating this new school. Not only was he in perpetual fear and danger, so were the teachers. Who the hell was the principal at this school? And what were they doing?

(So is it like a boarding school?)

(Yes? No? I've already got her, I just need to jot her down.)

((No, it's just the second day, and a lot of the teachers are missing, so you could pretty much just be walking around in the halls or something, if your character is the kind to ditch.))

Username: Mipuppy1

Character name: Celeste

Species: Celestial Maiden/Nymph

Powers: Light Generation, Supernatural beauty.

Looks: Very beautiful, she has flawless porcelain skin. Her silken black hair reaches down to her shoulders, she has high cheekbones, pink Cupid bow lips, and chocolate brown eyes.

Makeup, tight pink lacy feminine (Or anything above) clothes or dresses are a huge no-no, she usually wears loose and comfortable clothes.

Personality: Very tomboyish, she isn't afraid to fight anyone or thing and only does what she believes is right, (Very stubborn.) she is very devoted to school work and comes off as stuck up to some people- but she could care less about what other people say about her. She HATES bullies and will stand up for the weak and is very loyal to her friends.

Other: She hates (most) men, (for reasons revealed later.) also never ever let her in a kitchen, you'll won't live to see the end.

Edited by mipuppy1

((Wait, does this school even have a uniform?))

Kaede shifted in her seat to face the new arrivals. Dylan had already managed to make several friends, it seemed. Were these guys involved in the giant crab incident as well? She took a quick look around the classroom. Almost everyone had given up on waiting quietly and was now chatting amongst themselves. Eh. Why not? "Hello!" She leaned to the side and waved at the two boys. "You guys friends of Dylan's?"

Zloko looked over at Dylan, nodding and pulling an energy drrink from his backpack on the floor. He needed something to keep his mind unfocused, to keep him distracted from the loss of code he was experiencing. "Yeah, my calculus teacher got cut up by that crab-thing yesterday, so I was sent here. In all honesty, they're lucky I even came. I don't want to be here," he growled, his tone a bit on the worried side. Understandable seeing as how the students were probably looking at him like dog meat after the murders.

When he was asked by some girl if he was Dylan's friend, he really had to think about that. Were they friends? Dylan may have saved his life, but in that situation, no doubt his human instinct took over. "We're... Acquaintances, I guess. I'm really not sure." He shrugged, cracking the can open and taking a sip.