MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

Zloko looked over at Kaede, his gaze remaining rather emotionless. Being a computer program really sucked sometimes, especially when it came to the 'trying to figure out natural emotions' aspect. "Hm? Oh, hey Kaede," he said, his tone lightening a bit as he fiddled with his bandanna a bit. It was growing loose, and that was beginning to bother him more than the anklet. "What brings you to talk to someone like me? Boredom? A dare?"

"What? Psh, no, nothing like that." Kaede looked away but smiled. "What, is walking up to people and talking to them illegal now?" She caught sight of one of the shuttered windows and her smile flickered. "But yeah, I really just need to get my mind off...the murder and everything. And you seemed cool. Hey, I never caught your name."

Zloko seemed a bit interested by that statement. Was this girl oblivious like Carola had been, or just really gutsy? In any case, people usually didn't come up to him just for a simple conversation. Though, he supposed the murders provided reason enough. "Not illegal, just a bit unexpected," he chuckled, putting his hand behind his head. "Anyway, name's Zlokoban, but you can call me Zloko for short."

Morwyn grabbed Zeke's hand with both of hers and hefted him to his feet. She paused to glare over her shoulder at Zloko, rolling her eyes. "Sheesh. Death's not creepy. It's the second most normal thing anyone ever does! I just have to take good notes if I ever want to work for the big GR himself."

Zeke hopped to his feet and looked at the girl, "Would the most normal thing be aging?", he asked. He was trying to make a joke. This girl was pretty creepy though.

'Guys, how are you not panicking?' Dylan practically shouted to them all. 'We just found our principal's head, there are no teachers in sight, and the school suddenly under lockdown!' As he began to say this, the other students began to come out of their classrooms, wanting to know where their teachers were, and to know what the noise was. 'Oh God ...'

'Nice one ...' Nathan muttered. He would have tried to calm them down, if it wasn't for the explosion that they all heard on the other side of the side. 'What now?' There was already a riot being caused, as students ran around, trying to get out.

Raiados shifted into her human form, but her tail still poked out of her jeans. "Everyone stay calm!" she yelled in vain. "We can get out if we can work as a team." she said, quieter, as though she was trying to convince herself.

"Well, you know my name. Nice to meet you." Kaede was about to ask Zloko about the giant crab thing when the explosion interrupted her. "Whoa!" She wasn't going to get a break any time soon, it seemed. She turned to face the fox-girl and chuckled nervously. "What do you suggest, then? Should one...some of us go check out what that was?"

'Yeah, we should see what's happening, the sooner we get out of here, the better,' Nathan nodded. 'I think that came from near the gym. Hopefully our monster won't be a roid-rager ...' He set off down the hallway, pushing through the masses of people.

'But, but' Dylan tried to get them to stay. 'Fine,' he eventually sighed. 'But, I'm sticking with Zeke and the gang and hiding when something hairy happens ...'

Zeke saw Nathan making his way through the crowd, "I need to catch up with my friends. They might need my help", he said to the ghost girl, "Nice meeting you", he said. He pushed his way through the crowd and came up beside Nathan. HE seemed to be heading towards the sounds of danger, "Any idea what we are dealing with?", he asked.

Morwyn had noticed the explosion, but it didn't catch her interests until the others began moving towards it. She followed behind them quietly, jotting down notes as fast as she could.

Nathan made his way through the halls until he had reached the impact of the explosion. He was right. Partly. The gym was a major part of the explosion, with half of it being buried under rubble and dust, but hallways around it and the classrooms that branched off were worse off. He nodded to a classroom, where the rubble had blown outwards. 'I think that's where the explosion came from ...'

Kaede stayed behind and pressed her back against the office wall to avoid the crowd. She vaguely remembered that during lockdown drills, students were supposed to...hide under their desks and stay quiet, or something? In the absence of all the teachers, though, no one was really paying attention to that. "D'you think this is related to those demigod murders? Or what if it isn't and there are two mass murderers out on the loose now?" Kaede asked, facing in Zloko's general direction but not really talking to anyone in particular. "This is ridiculous."

Zloko, unlike the others, felt no need to put himself in any imminent danger by investigating the explosion. With that in mind, he still remained alert as he leaned against the wall, keeping the weight off his injured leg as he did so. "I don't really want to go over there, to be honest," he shrugged, a small bout of pixelation running through him at the thought of yesterday's incident. "The last time I was near an explosion, I nearly fell to my death before being momentarily trapped in a hole with a giant crab, being arrested at gunpoint by the S.W.A.T team once I got out of said hole and then having this thing," he gestured to the tracker anklet. "Stuck on my leg. Yeah, I think I'll pass."

When Kaede brought up the demigod murders, Zloko kind of paused for a moment, processing that information. Having a murderer in the school was bad enough, but a pair of murderers? "I...I'm not sure," he muttered, trying to take his mind off of that possibility. "Whatever's going on here, I just hope I get out of it unscathed. The folks at the hospital are... Irritable, to say the least."

Zeke rolled his eyes, 'Yeah yeah, your pitiful and got arrested. We get it Zloko", he said, getting tired of Zloko's weak and defenseless act. He pushed the virus out of his mind and focused on the task at hand, "What's the plan this time Nathan? run in guns a'blazing like yesterday?", he asked. His mind drifted to how volitile he has been today. Maybe it was a bad idea to shift under stress for a fight. He might lose control and maul someone who is friendly.

((...Aren't Zeke and Nathan over at the gym now?))

Kaede giggled. "I feel much the same, to be honest," she replied. "I don't have any cool powers I can fight murderers and giant crabs with, so all I'd be doing by getting in close is slowing people down. And, y'know, I don't have a death wish either." She tucked a stray lock of hair (now at least ten centimeters longer than it was in the morning) behind her ear and glanced down at Zloko's tracker anklet. She wanted to ask about the giant crab again, but he didn't exactly sound enthusiastic mentioning it earlier. "Wow, so. That's...man, it must suck to be a NAM, huh?"

Zloko chuckled at Kaede's words, looking up at the ceiling as he did. Yes, it sucked tremendously. However, he had sort of learned to adapt. As some would have guesses, he still had a bit of an issue with false accusations. "I'd be lying if I said it didn't, but you tend to get used to it after a while. In general, I've seen other NAMs react in either one of three ways," he began, counting the numbers as he spoke. "One, they grow depressed and eventually off themselves. Two, they grow optimistic to the point of ignorance and insanity. Three, they simply adapt the best they can. I fall into the third category."

Raiados followed the group, unsure of what to do other than to see if there was a food storage around. Or water, for that matter.

Kaede nodded slowly. She wasn't too sure why she'd asked that question - she had never been very good at dealing with serious subjects and it seemed a bit insensitive anyway. Still, she couldn't understand why anyone would kill themselves. Being alive meant that there was still hope, no matter how corny that sounded, and the possibility that things would change. Was it really that bad? She didn't want to think about it. "Thing're going to be better eventually," she burst out, then reddened and suddenly became very interested in one of the cracks in the floor. "I mean, yeah, that sounds really stupid and cheesy, but we're a society of vastly different monsters and we can manage to run schools and businesses without anyone killing anyone else, most of the time. Someday people will realize how stupid hating specific types of monsters is." She shifted uncomfortably and tried to think of a joke or something to lighten the atmosphere. She wasn't even completely comfortable with NAMs herself and here she was, trying to make some sort of speech about racism. "I mean...ugh, I don't know." She fell silent.

Nathan kicked at the rubble, only for another explosion to occur, the rubble erupting outward and showering the group. Dylan shot behind a large portion of wall that was left standing. It would be best to leave this to the monsters ...

Standing in place of the rubble was an enormous, white fox, with glowing blues and nine tails, each tipped with blue fire. 'Wow ...' Nathan remarked. 'Who's a pretty girl?' It opened its mouth and an explosion of blue-white light burst out of it, Nathan only just dodging the explosion-ray.

"Oh dear..." Morwyn stared up at the creature, then hid herself behind a larger heap of rubble, only peeking out to glimpse at the beast and scribbling furiously.

"It's a kitsune!" Celeste gasped, flying out of the flames way, then glared at the group, "Ok what did you guys do to upset Inari? It's white to!" Celeste landed lightly on her feet, then rolled her eyes. "Who has a dog?" She asked suddenly remembering kitsunes were terrified of dogs, or canines.

Edited by mipuppy1

Raiados looked in fear and awe at the older Kitsune. She suddenly felt small, and when someone mentioned dogs, Raiados gave an involuntary twitch.

((Nice going, Mi. Now you've upset 2 Kitsunes!))

Zeke blushed at the request for a dog and removed his shirt, "I might be able to help", he said as he removed his pants. He focused and seconds later he was standing as a seven foot bipedal wolf. He dropped down to all fours and growled at the huge fox.