MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

Raiados, who had stopped panicking about the dog, looked over. She may as well go. That is, if it was safer than trying to escape by moving the plates off the windows. She walked over to the staircase.

((Just started back school. Not gonna be on as much.))

Zloko looked between the gym and the staircase for a moment. On one hand, he could try and make a name for himself by finishing off the beast in the gym. On the other hand, he could explore the mysterious secret room down below and actually find out what might be behind half this school's insanity. Considering the fact that he'd probably just make the whole "beast in the gym" situation worse, he decided to head down the stairwell, hoping that whatever was down there couldn't smell the code dripping from his ankle or the blood dripping from the human's hand.

Dylan walked down the steps into the darkness, yet as he reached the bottom of the incredibly long stairwell, two braziers lighting up with blue fire on either side of the three of them. They stood in a large, long corridor, the furthest walls from them still in darkness. The stone walls were carved with swirling patterns, that looked like mixtures of fire, water and wind. Symbols were carved into the stonework as well. 'What is this place? And why is it under a high school?' Dylan muttered.

Nathan took the angel's hand and was pulled up into the air. He regretted leaving his swords in the beast's spine, but he'd get them back. The kitsune, roared and bucked onto its hind legs as Zeke tried to attack it, its eyes suddenly glowing white rather than blue. 'Oooohh ... that b*tch is angry, Zeke!' It clawed at its chest, batting the skinwalker away easily.

Suko dropped Nathan off on the ground and flew back up so she was eye-level with the beast. She slashed wildly at the Kitsune's face before flying over its head and onto it's back, grabbing Nathan's sword out of it's spine and flinging it into the wall close to where she had dropped Nathan off. "Die stupid-looking ugly monster-thing!! RAAHH!!" Suko yelled violently, laspsing into another flurry of powerful attacks.

Nathan grabbed his swords and looked to the angel that was attacking the beast. 'Hey!' he shouted to her. 'Use your sword and hack into its spinal column! If you can severe the spine, we can cut its head off!'

"Right-O!" Suko called back landing on the beast's back, using her wings to keep her balance as she sliced at the 'ground' before her.

Kaede cautiously placed a hand on the wall of the corridor and traced the symbols. "Wow. Yeah, uh..." She couldn't think of a witty remark. It just seemed too surreal. She took three slow steps forward before stopping and turning around. "Hey...isn't this what always gets people in movies killed? We could just hide out right here for a while, then go back when everything is okay. And then...contact the authorities or something." She regarded the darkness with suspicion. "Or at least make sure one of us has a flashlight before doing anything stupid," she added under her breath.

((Later Mipuppy))

Zeke was thrown across the room and slammed into the bleachers. He tried to stand but was stopped but a piercing pain in his chest. He looked down to see he had been impaled on a twisted piece of the guard rail. The angle he was laying at made it impossible to stand. He laid his head back and gritted his teeth against the pain.

The kitsune roared in pain, as it fell to the ground, its head slumped and its breathing became heavy and sounded painful. Golden blood poured around it, and Nathan walked over to it, his swords ready. 'I'm really sorry about this ...' he replied, slipping them under its neck and stabbing upwards.

Dylan was about to agree with Kaede, until more braziers of blue fire lit up, ten feet in front of them, lighting their way. 'Okay, someone has to be doing that ...' Another pair lit up, and another and another, until the end of the corridor was just visible from this distance. 'Maybe we should just see what's at the end of this?'

Raiados, who had watched the battle with the Kitsune, let out a gasp as it fell. But she had to stay strong. Who knew what else was up ahead. She followed the group.

As soon as the beast fell, Suko was up in the air again in time to see Zeke impaled by a guard rail. That had to hurt. She flew over to him and stared helplessly at it, hovering around him. "Uh, um, well. Just, keep breathing? I guess?"

Nathan ran over to Zeke. 'Ooohhhh sh*t ... Um ... do we take him off the spike so that he can heal? Or would that just make him bleed out and die? I can't do first aid, it was the one club I wasn't a part of ... Why would I forget first aid?' he rambled. Breathing sharply, he looked at Zeke. 'Skinwalkers can heal pretty quickly, right?'

Zeke had already began a painful shift back to a human, "Yes yes I can heal like no one business", he said quickly, "Now someone give me their hand and get me off this thing".

'Yeah, yeah, sure,' Nathan let his swords dismantled themselves and become his gauntlets again. 'Here,' he grabbed his hands and pulled Zeke forward. 'God, you're heavy ... You need to lay off the protein ...'

"I only eat protein" He said through gritted teeth as he was hauled to his feet by Nathan. Blood spilled from his wound in his chest as he rose unsteadily to his feet. He blushed in front of the angel, "Anyone seen my cloths?", he asked.

Suko covered her eyes with her hands as Zeke was pulled off the rail, partly because it looked really painful and partly because he was naked. When she heard him ask about his clothes she landed on the bleachers, hands still over her face. "Oh, don't worry I closed my eyes in time!" she reassured him, though it was slightly muffled due to her hands.

'Um ... hold on ...' Nathan hopped off the bleachers and headed for the corridor. He spotted Zeke's clothes and tossed them over his shoulder. He jogged back and threw them over Zeke's body. 'Happy birthday!' he muttered jokingly. 'Did you guys see where the others wandered off to?'

Zeke chuckled at the angel's discomfort, "I forgot that non shifters can be funny around naked people. I grew up like this so it's all normal for me". He went to say something else but was cut short by his clothing hitting him in the face, 'Thanks. I should probably give everyone one a pair of my pants just in case", he said with a laugh as he pulled his pants on. The hole below his ribs was still a gaping hole but at least the bar had been blunt. It was only tissue damage and none of the important stuff had been punctured. It would take at least another hour or two to heal completely ad Zeke hoped nothing else tried to eat them in that time.

Suko peeked through her fingers and was relieved to see Zeke clothed. "Oh its okay!" She said, letting her arms fall to her sides. "And if you gave me your pants, then..." She stopped to think of what to say next, crossing her arms and tilting her head slightly. " Well, I don't know what I would do with them. But I don't think it would help." She concluded. "My name is Suko, by the way."

"Well!" Kaede ran a hand through her hair, surprised. It was almost as if the lights were reacting to what they were saying. Even though she was trying to play it safe, she was definitely curious about what this was all about. "Yeah, okay, why not." She stepped forward and looked back to see if the boys were going to follow her.

Nathan held out a hand and smiled. 'I'm Nathan.' For some reason, fighting and killing a large godly messenger that had destroyed part of his school had put him in a better mood. 'Where are the others?'

Dylan walked forward as well, watching as the swirls carved into the walls all moved to the middle of the back wall, where a large, yet simple symbol was carved boldly into the centre. In front of that was what looked like a mixture between an altar and a large rectangular coffin. Two black candles lit up on the altar. 'So ... this is ominous ...'

Zloko finally steeled his nerves and walked down the corridor, keeping his defense reflex on a hair trigger. If anything came up behind him, it would be getting a face full of corruption and claws. "Tell me about it," he muttered, his eyes scanning the room. "Kinda reminds me of the dark arts classroom. I wouldn't hurt yourself in here if I was you; don't wanna accidentally make a blood offering."

Looking at the walls, he examined the strange symbol above the altar/coffin. He could have sworn he'd seen it before, but the memory didn't seem to come to him. It was as if he had deleted or locked away the memory file. But why? Why on earth would he do that?

"Yeah, geez." Kaede hung back and settled for peering suspiciously at the symbol over Dylan's shoulder. She was pretty optimistic, but she wasn't stupid, and one had to be cautious when living in a world full of monsters. "How about we just. Don't touch anything, like, at all? "Tell the teachers - " wait, the teachers were still missing - "someone about this and have professionals handle it. Seriously." She turned around and looked at Zloko, then the entrance of the tunnel, dimly lit by the strange lights.

Suko stared at Nathans hand for a bit, before shaking it with her own. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Nathan." She said with a bright smile. "And, sorry, I just got here, I don't know what 'others' you're talking about. I assume you mean people, right? And not large monsters that require vanquishing." She added.