MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

With the single swipe from Suko's sword the head of the dragon was lopped off and thumped to the ground anticlimactically. 'Oh ... well ... sure, okay ...' Nathan shrugged. Students still ran away, until they were the only ones left in the corridor. The summon slip on the ceiling felt to the ground without any resistance from the air. 'It looks like the person who's doing this is weaker now that the kistune is dead ... I think the less time between summonings, the weaker the summon is.' He looked around and pointed to the end of the corridor. 'Come on, the summoner can't be far!' He ran to the end and turned the corner and kept running.

Suko flew after Nathan, catching up to him quickly. "Scrolls mean the user uses holder-type script magic, right?" She asked him as she flew above his head.

Nathan shrugged. 'I guess ... There's a myriad of ways to describe magic. Whatever you call it, all we need to know is who is doing this ... and why. The why part is probably more important than the who, truth be told ...' he muttered. He then saw a head of red hair as someone ran around the corner. Immediately, he was ready for action and ran after them.

Suko saw the hair and grabbed Nathan's arm, lifting him into the air. "Hold on." She said. In a flash they were directly above the running person and Suko dropped Nathan back to the ground.

"Probably, yeah," Kaede muttered back to Dylan. She turned to face Zeke. "Um...basically, when we were trying to hide from the giant explosion kitsune earlier, we found this door that led down to a weird underground hallway. There was an altar at the end of it and Dylan...accidentally made a blood sacrifice on it, then the patterns carved on the walls all flowed into the symbol at the back and this key appeared but then disappeared again when we tried to grab it." She shrugged. "Yeah, that was kind of a bad explanation, but heck, I don't really know what happened either. Maybe we should ask Nathan when he comes back, he seems to know a lot about this sort of thing."

Zeke narrowed his eyes and stepped towards Dylan. He took his hand and drug his pointed nail across his palm. A thin, red line appeared on his hand and Zeke brought his finger to his mouth,"you don't taste tainted or anything", He said carefully. Blood magic was a strange thing and Zeke wasn't completely sure how his own worked.

Nathan's swords cut two shallow lines down the person's back , and they tumbled to the floor. The young man had dark red hair and glowing green eyes, with long, intricate tattoos down his arms. 'Did you summon those monsters?' Nathan barks as the ginger bled onto the floor.

Without replying, he dipped his fingers in his own blood and dragged them along the tattoos. In a flash of light a huge beast stood before him. The body and head of a lion, the wings of a bat and the tail of a scorpion; the kid had summoned a chimera. 'Goddammit!' Nathan shouted at the beast as it roared.

Dylan grabbed his hand back with shock. 'Did - did you just drink my blood?! Jesus Christ! Monsters need to learn some manners or something, because humans aren't used to being mutilated and eaten ...' he cradled his hand weakly.

"Hey, it's not like we're all like that," Kaede protested, but turned to glare at Zeke anyway. "Seriously though, yeah, not cool. You could have at least asked before doing that." There was another roar from down the hall and she reflexively turned again, then sighed and continued the conversation. "I don't understand any of this magic stuff, honestly. No one else in my family really cared about that kind of thing, you know? But, heh, with all this stuff happening it seems I might have to pretty soon." She glanced away, then promptly sat down next to Zeke, leaning against the ruined bleachers. "So what is this blood magic stuff? I'm figuring it might help us to know something about it."

"Hey!" Suko called, flying over the chimera and decending onto the kid's shoulders. She held her giant sword so it pointed at the beast while pinning him down. "Nathan, do you want this one?" She asked sweetly, despite the situation.

As the chimera's sting lashed out and completely shattered the floor that Nathan had been standing on, before he had leapt away, he looked behind it and replied, 'I feel like this is a two-man job ... Think you can knock the b*tch out?' As the tail came down again, Nathan sank his sword through the stinger and it was momentarily pinned to the ground. Lunging forward, he jabbed his sword at the chimera's face, but it batted him away with ease.

Zeke chuckled, "Relax, your not afraid of a little scratch are you?", he asked, "You humans may taste good but the days of eating you are behind us", he said, referring to his kind as a whole. He rolled his eyes at Kaede and didn't say a word. When she asked about the blood magic he shrugged, 'Not really sure, all I know is that it works from person to person and is only as strong as the blood used in the spell. I can do symbol based stuff too but not much. Us Skinwalkers are not the best at magic".

[you say this is a good time to join?

May I join? I'll need a recap, but I read the character bios and rules, and will post a character sheet later...]

((Well basically everyone's in school, all the teachers are missing, the principal's corpse has been found in the office, and there's a lockdown with steel shutters and everything so no one can leave. Nathan and Suko are fighting a summoner and his chimera in a hallway, and Zeke, Kaede, and Dylan (and presumably Zloko? he seems to have gone missing though) are hanging out in the ruined gym just chatting about blood magic. I don't think there's anything else going on? Someone correct me if I'm wrong))

"Hmm." That didn't give them a lot to work with. Still, Kaede supposed they didn't have much of a chance figuring out what happened in the first place. Ask Nathan was always a viable backup plan. "That's better than us, still. I don't know anyone in my family who's done magic. You'd think some of them would have at least dabbled in it, but no, it's tradition not to or something dumb like that." She crossed her arms and stared off into space.

[username: RainDash

Character name: Rosemary "Rose" Robinson

Species: Witch

Powers:

Flame burst- With a snap of her fingers, she can materialize flames anywhere she can see.

Ice breath- If she puts her fingers around her lips in a ring and blows, then she can freeze anyone solid.

Blast off- If she puts her hands behind her back and fold them together, a burst of air beneath her feet will send her flying upward. She can then fly until she touches the ground.

Rock Spike- Putting her hand on the ground palm down will split the ground and raise up stalagmites from the earth.

Any other spells are too complex for her right now, but could be learned... however she has to use a book, spell components, summon a demon, and learn new hand motions. In other words, she's not learning anything new...

Looks: Yes, she has a face tattoo.

She has brown hair and two differently colored eyes, as well as a purple face tattoo that she claims enhances her powers.

Personality: Forgetful, she's lucky if she remembers the correct hand motions to each power, which can end... well... badly. However, she is still a powerful witch, and is a bit cocky with her powers. Even if she only got them when she was fifteen. She's easy to get along with, and a bit of an overenthusiastic student. She knows how to do complex math, but remembering simpler things are a bit of a chore.

Other: Not a monster, but hey, what can ya do?

]

Edited by RainDash

((As much as your character's forgetfulness would make her less over-powered, can I have you get rid of one of her powers just to make sure she's high school-powered? And witches are monsters too; we're equal-opportunity here, thank you very much))

'Well I can't help you guys with magic, since, y'know ... human,' Dylan pointed at himself. Sighing, he sat down next to Zeke. 'Thanks for not eating me, bud. Do you guys think that Nathan and Suko are actually gonna find whoever's doing this? Because ... I dunno, they seem pretty powerful. Having said that, anything is pretty powerful in this world, compared to me ...'

[That sounds fair. I removed Jinx, didn't like that one much anyway, would you like me to remove any others? I knew I was toeing the line, but I wasn't sure.]

"Okey dokey!" Suko chimed, giving the summoner a well-deserved kick to the head before swinging her sword behind and nearly throwing at the monster.

((Nope, that's fine biggrin.gif You is approved cool.gif ))

Nathan took another swipe at the chimera with his sword and slashed the beast in its face, black blood dripping from its cheek, before he was punched in the stomach and thrown down the corridor. Turning over, he coughed up a mouthful of a golden blood over the floor and got back up. 'Oh Gods ... That hurts like a b*tch ...' His swords came together to form a spear and he grunted in pain as he threw it through the air and it collided with the chimera at the base of its left wing. It roared and bucked and its tail swiped at the air behind it.

Suko cried out in pain and surprise as the beast's tail swung around to hit her in the stoch, slamming her into the wall. "Nathan, ... duck." she wheezed, struggling to breathe as she wrapped her arms around the chimera's tail and flung the monster down the hall to colide with a wall of it's own. She fell to the floor, gasping for the air that had been knocked out of her. H er hand found the hilt of her sword that she had dropped when she was hit. Using her sword for support, she got to her feet again, stanced for attack. her wings spread in such a way to make her look incredibly threatening.

Edited by chicbecause

[ ...And I forgot a name on the sheet. unsure.gif Maybe I should fix that?

Fixed, sorry ^^]

A snap resounded around the hall, loud enough that the chimera to turn his head. That was about when his head caught fire. It was a little fire, but enough to warrant its eyes on her. The smallish brown haired girl in the hall just across from it. "Oh, well... that wasn't as flashy of an entrance as I had hoped it would be..." She said rubbing the back of her head. "But it'll do I suppose... The name is Rosemary, but I suppose it won't matter to a monster right now anyway."

((Sorry for not posting much, guys. I've had rehearsals for plays, and school and homework and normal work to juggle, but I'll try to post as often as possible.))

Nathan took the opportunity to leap up onto the beast's back and take his spear from the chimera's wing joint. Without giving the thing a chance to fight back, he pulled his arm back and flung it at the side of its head. 'Someone take out its heart!' he howled, grabbing the spear and being thrown off by the beast's wild bucking.

"On it!" Suko called, rushing forward with sword in hand. She ducked under the beast's tail, slicing it off as she did, then plunged her sword into the thing's heart. She walked back over to the red-headed kid and looked at him for a bit before spinning on her heel and facing the new girl, not yet not noticing that she was splattered with black blood. "Hello there! My name's Suko!"

The other girl smiled, waving to Suko. "Rosemary. Or Rose if you prefer." She smiled, forgetting that she had already introduced herself. "So... you guys know about all the teachers going missing? And the principal being murdered? Who would do that?" She put her hands down in front of her, resting each hand one over the other. She sounded air headed, which she was mostly, but the blood didn't bother her. She was quite used to it, being a student here. Not to mention that she had just watched the other girl kill that chimera.

((Sorry that I'm not posting much, I'm cast in a play and rehearsals are right after school for like four hours - I'm exhausted ... sad.gif

And you can as long as you actually post))

The chimera slumped as its heart was pierced and Nathan rolled off its back and onto the floor. Groaning, he stood up and shook off the bruises. Tuatha De Danann healed fast, and cuts and bruises like these wouldn't take long to heal out. He clicked his neck and nodded to Rose. 'I'm Nathan, and yeah ... I have a pretty good idea of who's behind this ...' he glared at the red headed kid on the floor. 'Let's take him back to the gym, maybe then he'll be willing to talk ...'