MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

Nathan laughed, 'Yeah, we mean people. Our friends were just outside of the gym when we came in to ... handle the problem ... So to speak ... But I don't know where they went ... I guess they couldn't have gone far, since the school is under lockdown and all ...'

Dylan looked up and nodded, 'Yeah, let's hope the ceiling doesn't open up and a giant boulder rolls out.' He suddenly got a sinking feeling, as he touched the altar. He had just cut his hand on the door, to the point of dripping blood on the handle. Looking down, he saw a tiny red smudge on the stone. 'Sh*t. We have to leave. Right now. I may have accidentally made an offering of the blood variety ...'

The fire suddenly burnt red and Dylan heard the door they had come through slam shut. 'F*ck.'

Zloko jumped when the door slammed shut, shooting the human a look that could only be described as one of fear-induced rage. If they made it out of this alive, the NAM was going to slap the living daylights out of Dylan. "You idiot! Do you have any idea what you just did?" he asked, his hands glitching slightly and revealing the corruption-tipped claws on his hands. "I swear, if we somehow get out of this in one piece, I'm going to freaking delete you."

Of course, he was making empty promises. Bu that didn't matter. What did matter was the fact that they were probably about to confront a demon. Unless it was a cyber-demon, the virus would be at a slight disadvantage in this fight.

"Oh, you're kidding me," Kaede moaned. She pulled two pairs of scissors out of her pockets again (they were fairly sharp and she liked to use them to tease her friends, but probably not that effective against whatever giant monster Dylan had just summoned), gripping one tightly with each hand. If we die here, no one might even find our corpses, she suddenly thought. That door seems to be pretty selective about who it lets in. She shook her head - she really didn't want to think about that. "We could try prying the door open or something," she said, but she sounded half-hearted at best.

Dylan felt terrible - he already felt like he was going to die and as if he had just condemned two people he met less than a week ago to death, so Zloko's promise wasn't exactly rattling him. He was about to die anyway ...

Then, suddenly, the stone on the walls began to move. The swirling, flowing carvings moved toward the symbol at the back of the room, until they were all gone. The symbol glowed once before flashing. There was a key in its place. Dylan walked over and picked it up, yet it was suddenly gone again, in other flash of red light. Then, he heard the door they had come through open. 'Can we get out now?'

Kaede blinked slowly and loosened her grip on her scissors. "Well then. Yeah, we, uh...we probably should." She took a few slow steps, then broke into a run once she passed Zloko and scrambled up the stairs to check the door. Theories about what the hell that could have been could wait for later. "Yup, seems open," she called down, and propped herself up against it so it couldn't suddenly decide to close again. "Come on!"

"Oh, okie-dokie!" Suko said, with a smile. She heard a yell from outside the gym and took to the air again. "I think I heard something." She said, flying out towards the noise.

Dylan followed Kaede out of the corridor and saw the limp limbs of the kitsune through the gym doors. 'Well ... I guess the white wolf is down for the count ...' he wandered toward the gym and saw a bleeding Zeke, Nathan and an angel. 'Um ... hi ... I'm Dylan,' answered, sucking the blood from the wound on his hand.

'Where'd you guys go?' Nathan asked. 'Was that you screaming?'

Kaede whistled down at the corpse. She didn't know much about other Japanese monsters despite her heritage, but it seemed unlikely that a kitsune would just randomly decide to attack people like that. Well, whatever its reasons were, it was dead now. "Screaming? I didn't hear anything like that." She shrugged. "Is everything alright now, though? I mean...geez. Oh, and I'm Kaede, by the way." She waved at the angel. She was smiling and looking relaxed again, but mainly she just wanted to get to somewhere private before she could panic.

Suko smiled, landing on the floor beside Nathan. "Hi! I'm Natsuko, but just call me Suko, because it's shorter. Unless you want to call me Natsuko, then call me that. Or if you forget, I also respond to 'Hey You!'" She giggled, her wings fluttering a bit behind her. She looked down in her hands and realized she still held her giant, bloody sword in it. With a flash of silver/gold light, it vanished again into wherever it came out of.

Edited by chicbecause

'Hi, I'm Dylan,' he smiled. Covering his bleeding hand; he wasn't sure who did or didn't drink blood in this school.

'Should we start trying to bust out of this place?' Nathan asked the others. 'Because I don't want to have to stay in this place for the rest of my life, I don't know about you guys ...'

Kaede knelt down beside the kitsune's corpse. She snapped her fingers and looked up. "Hey, you guys were fighting this thing for a while. You sure it didn't blast a hole in the wall or something? Where did it get in, anyway? It's not...it can't be one of the students. Can it?" Uncomfortable possibilities seemed to be assaulting her at every corner. Still, they had to focus. "Anyway, maybe we can get out that way." She stumbled around the wrecked gym, occasionally stooping to tug at some rubble.

Zeke leaned against the crushed bleachers in exhaustion. The hole in his chest was really starting to throb and the blood loss was making him weak. He smiled at Dylan and the others, "I'm fine, don;t worry. Just a flesh wound", he said sarcastically.

'I dunno,' Nathan looked around, 'I think it was pretty careful not to blow holes in this place ... And as far as I can see, a feral beast wouldn't have that much control ... So it must have a master, somewhere close as well, somewhere where it can still be in contact with the kistune ... They must be in the school somewhere ...'

Dylan looked at Zeke's chest, 'That's gonna heal up soon, right?' He tried not to sound worried, but he couldn't help it; Zeke was his friend, and he wasn't sure if skinwalkers could heal like Wolverine.

"Oh dear!" Suko cried, remembering Zeke. She flew back over to him in a flash and hovered around him like a housefly. "You're okay, right? Should I get you anything? I can get you something. I'll be right back with something." She said, her voice remaining in the room a few moments after she was already gone and her body returning to the room before her voice had left. "Here." She said, holding out the first aid kit she had gotten from the nurses office.

'Here, let me help,' Dylan smiled, opening the first aid kit and seeing that there was almost nothing in there that was familiar. 'Um ... On second thought, a monster should use the monster first aid kit ...'

Nathan meanwhile, checked the gym for any givings in the structure of the building. As he knocked away at the loose bricks, he spotted something. Knocking away more, he saw that it was a paper slip with thick, black, Oriental calligraphy on it. 'It's a summon slip ...' Nathan commented.

Kaede scooted over to Nathan and peered at the slip of paper he was holding. She couldn't read the script, but the name "summon slip" seemed to be pretty self-explanatory. "So...someone made this kitsune come here? And, what, ordered it to attack random students until it gets killed?" Kaede bit her thumb. "That...yeah, I have no theories." She took one last look at the slip before continuing to rummage around. She didn't have any first aid knowledge and she didn't quite believe that the kitsune somehow hadn't blown a hole in the wall somewhere.

Zeke cringed and preessed his wound closed. He was getting weak and he slumped against the wall behind him. He overheard Nathan and Kaede talking and chuckled, "Maybe this is a test of some kind. You know, like some kind of final exam", he said, not serous about the idea.

Nathan turned to Zeke. 'I'd believe that if it was near the end of the year, but it's three days into our junior year - it seems kind of arbitrary ... But, yes, this summon slip does mean that someone brought this kitsune here, and not just any monster. It had to be someone with an extensive knowledge of magic - summon slips are hard to use, let alone create, and this one looks home-made ...'

'Long story short,' he continued. 'There is a magic-user in the school, who is attacking us. To summon something this big and at such a specific time, and to control in such a way, they will have to be near here. They are in the school somewhere, and we need to find them before someone else dies.'

He immediately heard screams from down the hall - where they had just left the huge group of other students. 'Goddammit ...'

Suko listened to Nathan talk, thinking about what he said. "Hey! You're really smart!" She giggled. Just then, she heard screams coming from out in the halls. "Uh-oh!" She cried, flying out to investigate.

Nathan smiled at Suko's compliment before following her down the corridor. 'Make sure he's healed before he follows us!' he said to the others, pointing to Zeke. He ran down the hallway until he made it to the corridor outside the principal's office. A clearing appeared at the centre of the hallway, with students moving out of the way of a glowing red orb. 'I might be smart, but I have no clue what that is ...'

The orb suddenly shattered, and a black dragon began to uncoil.

"It looks kinda like dragon to me." Suko stated, hands on her hips. "Maybe it's friendly!" She guessed. Her wings folded back onto her back and she dropped the ground beside Nathan.

Kaede heard a faint "Maybe it's friendly!" from down the hall and shuddered. She walked over to Zeke. "Well, I guess we're stuck over here for now. Can I...uh...help you, somehow?" She looked down at the open first-aid kit with an expression resembling a mixture of caution and fear. "Okay, maybe that's not a great idea. I don't know." She felt useless, just sitting there and waiting for something to happen, and reassured herself by promising that she'd learn kung fu or something of the sort if they got out of this alive.

Dylan leaned into Kaede and muttered, 'Should we tell them about the weird ritual room? It seems kind of important ... Having said that, not dying seems kind of important too, so ...'

Nathan looked worried, 'Yeah, maybe not,' he pointed at the summon slip directly over the dragon. 'At the first sign of trouble--' The dragon roared, uncoiling and throwing students back with its tail and wings, fire lighting up its mouth. Nathan's gauntlets became twin swords again. 'Never mind ...'

"I guess you're right." Suko sighed. She stanced herself again, spreading her legs evenly with her shoulders and clapping her hands together. "Animostas!" She yelled, spreading them apart and summoning her sword again. She flew forward and raised the sword over her head, preparing to bring it down on the dragon.