guy person

The Forgotten Island

user posted image

Moon smiled and nodded, too worn out to speak telepathically. He did not see the way she looked at Lydia. "I wish I'd slept last night now..." But he couldn't help it, the moon had been so beautiful and it made him full of energy for some reason. Noticing the deer, he swallowed. Was he really going to kill such a beautiful, gentle creature? And it was a baby too...

"Do you really want to kill that deer...?" His telepathic message was accidentally sent to the both of them. He wasn't that natural at telepathic speaking. He was too tired to care, anyways.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Cerise was appalled. "Why would you do such a thing?" She asked, shocked. "It's not right..." She walked up to the fawn slowly.

It looked at her curiously with such innocent eyes. She nuzzled it and lingered around it as if to protect it from every danger.

She nudged it to a small bush large enough for it. "You best wait for your mother." She told it telepathically. She returned to the two with a mix of a soft and sheepish smile.

((

"Silver females, like most female dragons, eat meat only when a male dragon brings it to them."
From the description.))

-------------------------------

Daralis nodded. "Yes I did, but I woke with a shiver. There seemed to be something keeping me warm."

She shrugged, "No matter, have any dreams Alatum?" She asked curiously.

Edited by Onixthebunny1

user posted image

Moon looked at the deer, then at Cerise, then at Lydia. Jade hovered over him, chirping. What was Lydia going to say now?

"Oops..."

(OCC: you BETTER SHLAP someone soon... Daralis, I'm watching *Cough* reading *Cough* you...)

Edited by guy person

"No, no... I did not have any dreams..." Alatum replied, trying to avoid Daralis' gaze.

Did she know that it was his wing that was draped over her that was keeping her warm? Should he tell her? How would she react if he did?

Edited by Narath

Troulce got up. Sleep had done wonders for his body, and he was now almost back to 100% efficiency. Wandering into the forest, Troulce looked for something to kill. He remembered another Black saying something about a deer, so Troulce decided to look into it. Stalking in the shadows, Troulce kept himself close to the ground, and closed his eyes whenever possible, so that their glow would not tip off either the other Black or the fawn. Eventually, Troulce came upon the fawn. He thought he heard other dragons, but shook it off for the time being. Luckily for him, the fawn was looking away, paralyzed in fear. Crouching, Troulce planned his attack. If he could reach its neck, he could bite in as he jumped, and use his own momentum and inertia to snap it, which would be quick, relatively bloodless, and effective. Troulce let out an involuntary growl, and leapt, his maw open. grabbing at the fawn's neck, Troulce swung, listened for the telltale 'crack' and released, just barely dodging the fawn's carcass, which had begun to fall. It was then that he saw Cerise, the Black, and another dragon, a Moonstone. So, Troulce said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head with a paw, I take it you changed your mind about the deer? Well you should have told me, Troulce telepathically told the Black, because now I just look stupid. And no, I am not sharing.

Dabberjack turned and waddled toward the cave checking every once in a while to see that the hatchlings were following.

Daralis nodded. "I did. It was about a vibrant blue... Turkey." She chuckled at the dream.

"It was strange. Shall we go for a stroll? I feel a need to stretch my legs." She suggested. "And possibly my wings." She added hopefully.

Edited by Onixthebunny1

"All right." Alatum said, perking up a bit.

She must not have known what he did. Even though he did it involuntarily, he still would have been embarrassed. He was hoping that they could maybe fly later on like Daralis had suggested.

"Flying sounds good. Maybe I could even teach you a thing or two, seeing as I'm already doing tricks." He said, trying to sound confident.

To be honest, he had no idea how he was able to fly like that. It was a complete accident.

user posted image

Stars looked at Holmar as he flew. Could she fly like that too? She hesitated.

~~~

user posted image

Cream gave an unimpressed look at Sparsus.

"Right, so she's allowed to call me vain because she's perfect? Don't worry, that's perfectly understandable. Of course, everyone has to stick up for Miss Perfect," Cream glared at him. She then stalked off, deeper into the forest, leaving the rest of the rat behind. She wanted to get as far away from the cave as possible.

~~~

user posted image

Moon just stared silently at the other hatchling who had seemingly appeared from nowhere and killed the deer. Even Jade stopped chirping. Then the hummingbird chirped crossly and flew over to the other hatchling to peck him on the head hard. Moon's eyes widened, hoping that the other dragon wouldn't...kill Jade...she was just another wild animal to him, after all.

Holmar returned upright, and hovered in front of Stars Galaxy. Try it, he said encouragingly, it's fun! It's difficult at first, but it gets easier once you get the hang of it. Holmar flew around in circles, testing his limits. It seemed that he could do basic aerial maneuvers, but he tired easily if he kept them up, so it would be easier to fly in straight lines.

~~~~~

Troulce looked up at the bird that had pecked at him, and clouted it with a paw, sheathing his claws. It wasn't worth the fight that would ensue to kill it, so he merely knocked it out. Troulce sat down next to the fawn, glaring at the others.

Edited by Shibadruid

"Hey! No that's not what I meant!" Sparsus was not sure what to do, but he had to stop her wandering off, he decided to attempt some telekinesis. He grabbed Cream with his mind and pulled, she flew directly at him, "Oh censorkip.gif , this is gonna hurt." He thought as she collided with him, "Ooow..." He was right, it did hurt. He continued talking to Cream, "I meant that you are both wrong, she should not be being mean to you nor vice versa." Sparsus closed his eyes, he was tired and it would take effort to send Cream back into the forest.

Iktria saw Dabberjack start ahead and quickly followed him back towards the cave. She hoped the could go to their secret cave soon. She wanted more of the green seaweed. Which she suddenly knew what it was called. And she wanted the water to turn pretty again, the she and Dabberjack could continue from where they had left off, wherever that was.

(OOC: Iktria has no idea she was going to kiss him.)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

user posted image

Stars took in a deep breath. Then she flapped her wings. It took some time but her feet finally left the ground. She gasped softly in surprise. Gradually, she got used to it and she flew around Holmar, delighted.

~~~

user posted image

Cream got off Sparsus. She turned to him.

"What the heck was that for?!" she snapped. Without waiting for an answer, she began walking off again into the forest. She didn't care if Sparsus was hurt or tired. Heck, she didn't care for anyone! What she really wanted, was to make someone suffer. She smiled at the thought.

~~~

user posted image

"Jade!" The mental outburst of Moon Puff went to everyone near him, not that he knew it, and dashed over, catching Jade right before she hit the ground. Moon looked at the unconscious bird in his paws, not caring that he was too close for comfort to Troulce. He had expected to feel angry but to his surprise, he just felt calm. He just wanted to understand why. Why the hatchling wanted to kill the deer. Surely he could have at least picked on a much older, experience creature and not an innocent baby?

"Why did you kill the deer?" Moon suddenly turned to the black hatchling.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

That made Sparsus angry, "That was for being stupid." He said spitefully, he finished concentrating and said "You want to be stupid? Fine!" On the word "fine" his voice became deep and echoing, he floated in the air, and his eyes glowed blue as he opened them. He launched all his anger at Cream, trying to fling her into the forest. He was inexperienced though so his psychic assault went everywhere but at Cream, it knocked down a few small trees and scared a bunch of birds, but that was all. Sparsus collapsed from exhaustion.

(OOC: I think part of him didn't actually want to hurt her. Which is why she was the only thing he didn't hit. BTW he has a really long temper.)

user posted image

Cream turned around, observing the damage done before looking at him.

"Says the hatchling who can't direct his power at me," she sneered. "You can go and tell Miss Perfect now that you're against me. I'm sure she'll be pleased. That is, unless you want to have another go at me. Come on! You're just afraid to hurt me because I'm female, aren't you?" she taunted him. She stood there, in front of him, waiting for him to attack with his telekinesis any moment.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((OOC: The tune is something along the lines of 'A Whole New World' ))

Troulce turned to the Moonstone and said, what I did, O did because I had to. A full grown deer would have posed too great of a challenge, and we need to eat. This fawn will feed many, some of whom I assure you would have died otherwise. Not all of us are born hunters, and that is why I kill more than I need. Troulce finished, still calm. He was actually quitr surprised that the hatchling was calm, and further still that he had not spoken a word. Troulce wondered if he was mute.

~~~~~

Holmar smiled, and flew higher above the treetops. See? I told you you'd like it. Holmar laughed giddily, and took in his surroundings. To the south he saw a large white patch of forest, and seas surrounded the land everywhere else. Taking it in, Holmar began to hum a simple tune to himself.

(OOC: The tune is closer to

)

Sparsus stood, "You don't want me to attack you." He began to concentrate again just in case, "I don't want to hurt you." He picked a method of attack just in case, "I might kill you, neither of us wants that." The last part got to him, "Maybe it is, maybe it's the fact that I could literally crush you if I were angry enough."

user posted image

Stars flew after Holmar unsteadily. She felt slightly tired but she remained in the air. She smiled as she heard Holmar humming.

~~~

user posted image

Cream's face softened for a bit. Then, she smiled.

"So? Go ahead and do it. Crush me. Kill me. You all would be better off without me. It's not like I care if you kill me. If I'm dead, I'm dead." She chuckled softly.

"Go ahead. Do it. Kill me."

~~~

user posted image

Moon Puff considered this. Then he nodded. That was pretty reasonable, whether he liked it or not. He held Jade a little more securely in his paws.

"Just don't kill Jade," he told him. He then realised that he did not know the hatchling's name.

"I'm Moon Puff, what's your name?" he asked.

Troulce sighed, and replied, telepathically this time, my name is Troulce. Don't look so surprised, I can use telepathy too. As I said already, Moon Puff, I only kill what I have to to feed myself and those around me. Troulce grabbed the fawn by its broken neck, and dragged it back to the cave.

~~~~~

Holmar turned as he heard Stars fly up to meet him. This place is bigger than I thought, Holmar said. It looks like there's something white to the south. Do you want to check it out sometime? Then, Holmar noticed that she seemed slightly tired. Of course, if you want to, we can go back down. I'd hate it if you took any extra risks just for me. I want you to be safe above all else. Holmar dipped slightly lower, so that he was on the same level as Stars.

Sparsus was done with Cream, if she wanted to die, fine. "Goodbye Cream." His eyes glowed as he uprooted a tree and dropped it on her. It was possible she would survive, but that was up to her, it depended on how she acted. He turned and walked back to the cave. Very sad, but it needed done.

(OOC: It appears Sparsus has a dark side. But I gave him a long temper and strong morals, so it won't come out very often. The music switches to something more like the

as Sparsus walks away.) Edited by MasterWeavile898

user posted image

Stars had her eyes somewhere else. She frowned when she saw a lot of trees fall over. She was even more confused when a tree was uprooted but she let out a squeal when it dropped onto a hatchling.

"Holmar! Someone-I think one of the hatchlings just got killed!" She didn't know what she was saying. A tree in the air was pretty hard to miss. She immediately flew over to the fallen tree.

~~~

user posted image

Cream felt the air get knocked out of her as the tree fell on her. Her face was badly scraped, her body crushed, and some of her bones felt broken. She closed her eyes. She hung on. She wouldn't go...not yet.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Holmar gasped, and dove after Stars. Holmar didn't just fear for the hatchling, but for Stars as well. If one hatchling almost died, why wouldn't another? Shaking such grim thoughts from his mind, Holmar landed my the tree. Turning to Stars, he said, I'll see if I can push the tree, while you can try to get the hatchling out. I won't be able to hold it forever, though, so be quick. Holmar turned so that his shoulder blade faced the tree, and pushed against it. His back legs scrabbled for purchase, and eventually found a stable position in the mud. Holmar moved the tree slightly uphill, but he was running out of strength quickly, and he hoped that Stars would work fast. Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Stars managed to catch hold of the pale hatchling underneath. As Holmar pushed, Stars pulled. But when she got the hatchling out, it opened its eyes.

"Tell them," it croaked, "Sparsus killed Cream." With that, it closed its eyes.

"No, no! Don't you die on me!" Stars cried out. The hatchling was barely alive as it is. Had she? Did she? Stars put her paw on its chest but it wasn't even rising up slightly. She knew then that it was gone.

"Holmar," she said, "I think I know who did this."

~~~

user posted image

Cream didn't know how long she could last. After what seemed like an eternity, the tree finally moved slightly. She flinched as someone dragged her out. She just needed to say it... She opened her eyes.

"Tell them," she managed to say, "Sparsus killed Cream." Then, she closed her eyes for the last time.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Holmar turned, and said, I know too. Holmar decided that it was best to leave a moment of silence for the dead hatchling, then added, but you're not going to fight him, alone or with me. It's too dangerous. Holmar thought for a while. They couldn't leave this misdeed unpunished, could they? No, Holmar decided that the guilt would eventually gnaw away at him if he did nothing. However, Holmar added remorsefully, I know what we can do. We need to tell all of the other hatchlings not to trust Sparsus, and to exile him from the cave. It's as close as we can come to hurting him without becoming inhumane like him. Holmar hoped that Stars would understand, and wouldn't go off on her own to get revenge.

user posted image

Stars fell silent. A determined expression set onto her face.

"Yes. We will. But what should we do with the body? We can't just leave Cream out like this..."

Edited by Dream_Dragon