guy person

The Forgotten Island

user posted image

"Yes, love." Aurase whispered after Volter as he fled from Troulce. She frowned disapprovingly at their argument, and couldn't help but feel a pang of defiance at the Alt Black. "Fine, I'll go to sleep. But can't you be a little nicer to him?" She lifted her chin and flexed her claws as Troulce bared his fangs, and stalked off to a corner of the cave to sleep. She settled down next to Volter's broken egg, and stared into stared into the darkness with heavy eyelids as she waited for Volter to return.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Holmar closed his teary eyes once more, and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

The low, dim rays of light stuck Holmar as he awoke, just in time to see the dawn. His eyes were still wet, but it was almost imperceptible to everyone, unless they happened to stare directly into his eyes. Like if they loved me, Holmar thought dreamily. Nudging Stars lightly, he attempted to wake her so that she could see the spectacle that was the dawn. Wake up, Stars, he said softly, I think you'll want to see this. Holmar flexed his wings. They were stiff, but he didn't want to let go till she was awake. I remember the feeling from the nightmare, Holmar thought to himself. I'd never be able to deal with that in reality. This, or course, caused the tears to return.

Sparsus slowly opened his eyes, he did not remember falling asleep. He was at the cave entrance so he decided to go for a walk, he got up quietly so as not to disturb those who were still sleeping and walked out to the beach.

Iktria woke up with Dabberjack next to her, she was glad for that. She sat up and yawned, then said, "Good morning sleepface!" Loud enough to hopefully wake him up. She started for the water.

(OOC: Sparsus tries to keep from waking anyone, Iktria yells in their ears. tongue.gif)

((OOC: Like this.))

Troulce flicked his eyes open. He had fallen asleep quickly when all disturbances had been removed, and he was thankful for that. Taking a large step forward with his front legs, but not his back, he dropped down, and stretched his back. Then, leaning forwards, he raised his chest back up. Walking over to the fox, Troulce tore off a piece, and began chewing idly.

(OCC: poor Dabberjack.... why do I make him put up with that??)

Dabberjack yawned as he woke up "Good *Yawn* morning" he said. Dabberjack was still very tired and just looked at Iktria How aren't you tired he thought

(OCC: and goodnight. See you guys tomorrow)

Edited by guy person

Iktria perked when Dabberjack responded, "Your awake! Good." She hopped in the water, it was cold, but she now found that refreshing. "I'm hungry." She said as she slithered out.

user posted image

Stars murmured a bit and then opened her eyes slowly. She'd slept like a log throughout the night.

"What is it?" she asked softly. Then her eyes widened when she saw the sun rising through the treetops.

"It's beautiful."

~~~

user posted image

Cream opened one eye. She could see light. Was it morning already? Sighing, she put her other leg down and peeped out. No one was about. She squeezed out of the hole and yawned. Hungry, Cream poked about for food. She accidentally came face to face with a wild rat. They stared at each other for a moment. Then the rat bolted. "Oh no, you don't!" Cream pounced on it and she caught it by the tail. Pulling the scrabbling creature back, she wondered how to kill it and as she was thinking this, the rat bit her claws. She yelped and released it, letting it run off. She scowled and dashed after it. The rat was fast but so was Cream.

"I...will...eat...you!" she panted under her breath. As she became nearer to the rat, she leaped and fell on top of it. The rat struggling, Cream instinctively bit it in the neck, her teeth cutting through the life-giving artery and spurting blood all over her, the rat, and the surrounding area. She looked at herself.

"Now that was just really disgusting," she muttered. Dragging the dead rat after her, she soon found a small stream quietly running through the forest. She splashed some water on herself to clean the blood off.

~~~

user posted image

Moon Puff looked at the sky. It would soon be morning. Despite him feeling energetic all night, the feeling was passing off and now he felt sleepy. Perhaps he was nocturnal? Whatever it was, he soon dozed off.

Holmar rested silently, not quite sure what to say. Eventually, he realized something. What if she had nightmares like I did? If she did, she's hiding it, but it's better to be safe. Holmar spoke up cautiously, trying not to sound pushy. So, he asked, did you dream of anything tonight? Holmar shuddered involuntarily, remembering his own nightmares. Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Stars was a bit surprised by the question. She wondered what a dream was.

"No," she said, "What's a dream?"

~~~

user posted image

Cream wondered how she was going to eat the rat with all that fur and whiskers. Then, she sighed. This was going to be messy...

She began to skin the rat.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Holmar thought about how to explain. The word had just popped into his head, and he had taken it or granted.You know how when you sleep you aren't doing anything? Holmar asked. Well, a dream is when you image that you're doing something while asleep. Dreams can feel really realistic, and you'd actually think that you're there, but generally something about them is ... off. There are also these things called 'nightmares'. They're like dreams, but bad. They make you scared, and I think I had one. Holmar wiped a stray tear from his face with a claw, while still looking Stars Galaxy in the eyes.

user posted image

Stars looked at him.

"Oh, I see...I don't think I had any dreams last night," she shrugged. She noticed him wiping away a tear.

"It's okay, you're awake now. It was just a dream," she smiled, placing a paw on his other one.

((OOC: Prepare for sadness and waterworks.))

Holmar smiled weakly. I - I know, Stars, he began, but what happened in it could occur here, and I don't ever want to let that happen. I was in a world ... without you. I was trying to do something brave, to save innocents, and then I died. This made me realize ... Holmar began to choke up again, tears continuing down his face, that I never want to live or die in a world without you. Holmar began to shake, ever so slightly, and his voice began to quaver. It was so lonely. So dark. Eventually, Holmar couldn't take it anymore, and buried his head amongst Stars' paws, sobbing.

Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Taken-aback, Stars could do nothing but try to comfort Holmar. She was touched that he should care so much for her. She put her paws around him. Then she began singing softly. Soft enough not to wake others but loud enough for the both of them to hear.

"Just a dream,

Just a nightmare,

They can both cause much hurt,

You can feel the pain,

But it was just a dream.

Look into my eyes,

And you'll realise,

That you've woken up.

You're safe now,

From the nightmare,

It was just a dream.

Oh, I promise you,

It won't come true,

Because I'll always be with you,

Forever and ever,

In your heart,

Because it was just a dream."

By now, her voice was still soft but her voice lingered quietly around the cave without her knowing. It was enchanting, beautiful, and hypnotising.

Alatum raised his head off of the ground as he awoke. When he regained his senses, he realized that one of his wings was draped over Daralis, why, he did not know. He must have done it in his sleep. Trying to not wake her up, he gently lifted his wing from her back, and quietly stood up. His stomach grumbles to remind him that he still needed to eat that morning, so he finished off the last apple he got the previous day, and nibbled idly at the grass.

Holmar's sobbing slowed down, until it was just the occasional sniffle, and a stray tear. Holmar brought his head back up, looking at her through teary eyes. That was ... *sniff* beautiful. Even better than last night. How did you come up with that? Holmar watched. Stars looked even more beautiful after she had finished singing, even though the fear Holmar had felt surged back when he saw her. How could this be? Holmar sniffled once, and then sighed. The urge to kiss her was almost unbearable. He brought his snout closer. but did not complete his action.

(OOC: Dang Shiba, do you have a crush on Dream? (JK xd.png))

Sparsus walked through the forest alone, he heard singing in the distance but did not pursue it, there was no point. He spotted a rabbit and viciously killed it, he found a stream and began to wash the rabbit in it. "What else can I do?" He thought to himself, and with that thought he dropped the rabbit. Not wanting to lose his hard earned kill, he jumped in after it. The current was not strong, but neither was he a swimmer. He eventually caught it but he had no idea where he was. He looked around and was surprised to see another dragon skinning a rat, he walked over and said, "Hello, I apologize, but your name seems to have slipped my mind."

(OOC: Who's the hopeless romantic now? And he is to tired to use his powers to catch the rabbit.)

((OOC: Maybe ... ninja.gif . Who's the hopeless romantic? Still Holmar.))

user posted image

Stars had actually surprised herself. She looked blankly at Holmar.

"I...I don't know. The words just popped into my mind," she shrugged. She did not realise what Holmar was intent on doing and she moved her paws off Holmar.

"Feel better?" she smiled weakly. Before she could stop herself, she reached up and wiped a stray tear of Holmar's face. Then, she hurriedly pulled the paw back, feeling slightly embarrassed.

~~~

user posted image

Cream looked up. Skinning a rat was fairly difficult, but she could manage. She shrugged.

"Don't think we've met, anyways. I'm Cream, Cream Paler. What are you doing out here?" She finally finished skinning the rat and dipped her bloody claws into the stream.

((OOC: Looks like he's used up the last of his luck. Now he has to go catch a leprechaun. xd.png ))

Holmar nodded. Stars did not seem to realize what he had wanted to do, so he backed off. I guess it's for the best, he thought, what if I embarrassed her? Then, Holmar spoke, the quaver in his voice gone. Yeah, I guess I'm good, he said, but ... I don't think I'm ready to let you out of my sight just yet. I know we're still young, but I don't want to waste a second of my life. Then, remembering that she had pulled her paw away sharply, he added, you don't have to feel embarrassed around me, Stars. I would never think of you like that. And, after all, who cares about what others think? I don't care about what others think of me, Holmar finished, only what you think. Slowly getting up, Holmar offered Stars a paw.

"We haven't met per se, but I have seen you at the cave. I am Sparsus Draconis, I was cleaning this rabbit and dropped it in the stream, so I chased it and ended up here." He looked at her, she was actually quite pretty. "Is the cave far from here?" He asked as he continued work on the rabbit.

(OOC: I don't want Sparsus to be a hopeless romantic too! Why! (insert no button here))

<OOC: Oops, didn't notice your post, MasterWeavile898.>

user posted image

Stars gladly accepted Holmar's paw. She nodded as she listened to Holmar.

"Thank you, Holmar, for caring," she said quietly. "Do you want to go outside?"

~~~

user posted image

Cream shrugged and bit into the rat.

"I don't know. I guess it is. I don't want to return there 'cause there's Miss Perfect," she rolled her eyes.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Sparsus almost laughed, a moment ago he was thinking that Cream seemed almost perfect, "Who is miss perfect? Is she that mean?" Sparsus did not remember any dragons named miss perfect, but maybe they had hatched while he slept or something.