Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

And are we *sure* that it's the mother that determines it? Like... has anyone seen a Brown egg after breeding a Green or Bright mother to something?

Biomes started on June 10, 2011. The first comment I can find about the Turpentine biome switch was just before noon on the day of release, and it definitely happened after 10:59am since that's when the spriter suggested the Desert instead of the Alpine. No one noted a biome change on the 11am drop, so it happened after then but before noon.

Thank you. I have just one Turp caught on the first day of release. Not sure if it was before or after the change. Guess I will have to breed it and one of the others that is definitely from the Desert.

Has anyone tried breeding one colored copper to a different colored copper? If someone has, I apologize; my internet is too slow today for me to try to read through the whole thread. It just occurred to me that that might be one way of determining that it was the mother that determined egg color. It worked when I tried male brown x female orange.

Male brown copper x female orange copper = orange copper

Has anyone tried breeding one colored copper to a different colored copper? If someone has, I apologize; my internet is too slow today for me to try to read through the whole thread. It just occurred to me that that might be one way of determining that it was the mother that determined egg color. It worked when I tried male brown x female orange.

Male brown copper x female orange copper = orange copper

Yes, a few have tried it. The egg has always been the color of the mother.

I dunno if anyone's tried it yet, but...

Me gusta~

Huh, So Ice should have produced red instead of green?

Just wanted to repost this here for easier access.

Okay, here is the spreadsheet with the breeding results. I added every result from this thread that I could verify by looking at a lineage page.

Here is the form where you can add your own. Be sure to pu the father first, then the mother!

I am pretty convinced that the color of the egg depends on the biome the mother came from.

Ice could be random, don't Trios show up in all biomes? Maybe I'm wrong.

No, ice is alpine, thunder is desert, and magma is volcano.

However, that ice is male and a father so it has no effect on the copper egg because the mother is a green copper.

Yessss.

This sunsong was my only hope of being pre-biome caught and she was! *snuggles* Alas, I forgot I was locked with a misclick and the egg got APed. Argh. I had been looking forward to breeding it all day, too. OTL

speaking of eggs has anybody seen any in the AP or the biomes lately??? I sure haven't sad.gif Would anybody happen to know when they will start appearing in the biomes again??

My favorite combos that I've seen so far are:

~Verdigris X Ice

~Brown X Seragamma

~Verdigris X Whiptail

~Verdigris X Cavern Lurker

~Orange X Magma

~Trihorn combos....

I should really breed some of my own, lol

Edited by Dimar

I had a sudden urge to breed them with striped's, so here's what happened: *eggs are clickable*

First pair got me user posted image

Second pair got me user posted image

both pairings were orange copper (f) x stripe (m) - the orange copper didn't surprise me much, but the red stripe did. A fine surprise though

I also added the pairing to the spreadsheet. Hope I helped.

I would guess that the red stripe is due to stripe breeding counting it as a red dragon. It would be interesting to see what stripe x verdigris copper yields as far as stripes go. I'm going to guess that stripe x liver of sulfur copper would yield a red stripe too, but someone would have to try it to verify. That's on the stripe end of the breeding question though.

I will try that too, but some of my eggs have to hatch first smile.gif I will give you an update on this in about a day though.

Female Copper x another breed = Egg is always the female copper's color!

Male Copper x pre-biome breed = Egg is always the male copper's color!

Male Copper x biome breed = Egg is the color of the mother's biome!

Correct?

This is a really cool breeding experiment! Tried out a (coast-dwelling) green male copper to a (desert-dwelling) female red nebula.

Got a brown copper. o3o

Fiona, I also tried out stripe x verdigris (both male and female) and stripe x liver of sulfur. I got:

M Stripe x F Verdigris = Verdigris

M Verdigris x F Stripe = Green Stripe

M Stripe x F Liver of Sulfur (brown) = Liver of Sulfur (brown)

M Liver of Sulfur (brown) x F Stripe = Red Stripe

If anyone wants these, PM me; I need the scroll space.

Edit: Just to clarify, has this been tried out with any CB tinsels or shimmerscales yet? The eggs (if tinsel/shimmer fails) would be the copper's color, right?

Edited by Katie92

Edit: Just to clarify, has this been tried out with any CB tinsels or shimmerscales yet? The eggs (if tinsel/shimmer fails) would be the copper's color, right?

That depends on how TJ set up the tinsels and shimmers. Probably you are correct.

Even though i said i wouldn't give Jewel a third mate - I am seriously liking that green copper mix xd.png

Bloody Coppers keep refusing all their intended mates >=(

Fine. Be stubborn. I've got plenty more Nocturnes where that came from...

Don't know if anyone with Goths has tried them yet, but, not surprisingly, an Orange female Copper produced an Orange Copper egg, if that's of any help, lol.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/VbO7X

Edit: Mysfytt: 'Even though i said i wouldn't give Jewel a third mate - I am seriously liking that green copper mix'

Oh, please do!

By the time it hits 5th gen, I might be able to manage to get one, lol, so, please - also hurry on that? unsure.giflaugh.gif

*pitches tent, digs latrine, and waits, growing moss*

Edited by Syphoneira