Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

https://i.imgur.com/ifVJeVk.jpg I put this together to try and visualize how I want to do a PB project. Am I suicidal? Maybe. xd.png

Still not really satisfied with the way the colors are blended, though. I'd like a smoother transition from red down to green.

I bet that'll look amazing when it's done. I really like the mix of colors that you've got going so far. c: Coppers are really neat because they have such a different blend of colors than any of the other dragons in the cave. It's too bad that they're so uncommon right now because there are loads of unique and beautiful lineages that could be done with them.

Personally, I'd like to do Green Copper x Guardian, but that's my only pair at the moment. I have a couple more old Guardians I can use, but I'm fresh out of Green Coppers.

I'm certainly hoping for "amazing" and not "big horrible mess"! xd.png

If you want, I can probably breed you a couple of eggs - I have two male verdigris Coppers and some "old" Guardians I can try them with.

Bumping with another breeding update:

Verdigris from this pairing, but tarnished from this pairing. huh.gif

Also, happy to gift both of these - they were experiments and I already have a sibling of the verdigris. Send me a PM if you want one!

ETA: Verdigris is gone.

ETA2: Tarnished is gone.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Very pretty, Amazon. So, both times you bred Catch a Copper with Penny Silver you got a verdigris? Hmm. Verrrrrrrry interesting.

Very pretty, Amazon. So, both times you bred Catch a Copper with Penny Silver you got a verdigris? Hmm. Verrrrrrrry interesting.

Yeah - weird, huh? I tried the other pairing as a control, and they performed as expected.

Anther breeding, and got another LoS egg that should have been rainbow. I'll just have to see what I end up with over time!

The blue-green copper females look really good with Blusangs. If anyone wants to contribute to this, feel free ;3

Every time I think I have a good grasp on how the coppers work for breeding, something happens that I didn't expect. Like with this egg that I thought was supposed to be green but instead is red? huh.gif

With this lineage everything to the third gen bred just like I expected. 4th Gen is throwing me a bit.

Every time I think I have a good grasp on how the coppers work for breeding, something happens that I didn't expect. Like with this egg that I thought was supposed to be green but instead is red? huh.gif

With this lineage everything to the third gen bred just like I expected. 4th Gen is throwing me a bit.

A few of us have had similar seemingly "wrong" results - I don't know if anyone's figured out why yet...

One thing I seem to be seeing is, whatever color they breed once, they will continue to breed that color. So it still doesn't look random. It just seems to be skipping a rule.

Another exception:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/yGo9m

That should have been Green, right? Has someone collected all the odd 3rd gens in one place? And has this been brought to TJ's attention?

Cheers!

C4.

Biome of egg

Biome of mother

Breed of male copper parent

Breed of female copper parent

Random (should never happen)

Ok, here is exactly what the rules are regarding breeding coppers. This is directly from TJ. As far as I know, bred dragons do not have biomes, nor do dragons stolen before biomes were implemented, nor prize dragons.

So, as you can see, random should never happen. I paraphrased this earlier, but here is the direct quote. So color of copper eggs is determined first what biome the egg is picked up in for CB, then the biome of the mother if the egg is bred, then if she has no biome, it's the breed (color) of the copper father, then it's the breed of the copper mother.

So, I don't know why Amazon's was green.

It's not supposed to be, but that's what it seems like it's doing for 3rd and higher gens.

C4.

- Biome of egg

- Biome of mother

- Breed of male copper parent

- Breed of female copper parent

- Random (should never happen)

How do you guys understand these rules? Should each line correspond to one generation, like this:

- CB copper: Biome of egg

- 2nd gen copper: Biome of mother

- 3rd gen copper: Breed of male copper parent

- 4th gen copper: Breed of female copper parent

Because as it is now, without any context, that doesn't make much sense to me. How can you have "Breed of male copper parent" and "Breed of female copper parent" as equivalent factors? Is it 50 percent chance for "female copper parent" being decisive, and 50 percent for "male copper parent"?

Summing up: the "rules" given by TJ are unclear and allow for different interpretetions. Unless there was some context in which they were given, but I cannot find it anywhere in this thread.

Edited by lorimmel

How do you guys understand these rules? Should each line correspond to one generation, like this:

- CB copper: Biome of egg

- 2nd gen copper: Biome of mother

- 3rd gen copper: Breed of male copper parent

- 4th gen copper: Breed of female copper parent

Because as it is now, without any context, that doesn't make much sense to me. How can you have "Breed of male copper parent" and "Breed of female copper parent" as equivalent factors? Is it 50 percent chance for "female copper parent" being decisive, and 50 percent for "male copper parent"?

Summing up: the "rules" given by TJ are unclear and allow for different interpretetions. Unless there was some context in which they were given, but I cannot find it anywhere in this thread.

Originally, I took it to mean that for each egg, the first criterion that is valid applies, like a set of if statements. That is:

• If the egg was caught in a biome, it is the color of that biome
  • Else if the mother was caught in a biome, it is the color of that biome
  • Else if the male parent is a Copper, it is his color
  • Else if the female parent is a Copper, it is her color
  • Else, it is a random color - this should never happen, because the above statements cover all possible situations.
I'm pretty sure that Fiona assumed the same as me, based on the way she's talked about these rules. Either this assumption was wrong, or something is wrong with the coding.

Originally, I took it to mean that for each egg, the first criterion that is valid applies, like a set of if statements. That is:
  • If the egg was caught in a biome, it is the color of that biome
  • Else if the mother was caught in a biome, it is the color of that biome
  • Else if the male parent is a Copper, it is his color
  • Else if the female parent is a Copper, it is her color
  • Else, it is a random color - this should never happen, because the above statements cover all possible situations.
I'm pretty sure that Fiona assumed the same as me, based on the way she's talked about these rules. Either this assumption was wrong, or something is wrong with the coding.

That's how I understood it, too.

- Else if the male parent is a Copper, it is his color

- Else if the female parent is a Copper, it is her color

Maybe if both parents are coppers, it's fifty-fifty chance? Would this explain the "unexplained" egg colors?