Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

=) could always try bloodswapping, see if someone else can get one successfully for you, and you just shoot for the sunsong. Or switching what breeds are bred together to switch? /shrug

Ive decided i really like green/black, and i really dislike the valentine restrictions of 2 dragons each... gosh they look so nice together, dont they? (lol, just noticed the egg's code. lol)

I think bloodswapping for a red/rainbow copper would be slightly difficult if I wasn't ever able to get a red copper to use as fodder! XD But yeah, I'm definitely looking into trading since that seems to be the only viable option for me should I continue with this lineage idea of mine. :)

Oooh, that's a pretty combo! IMO, the female black sprite is such a pesky one to make look good in lineages but that works nicely. :3

Edit: Oh god, I should stop breeding these on a whim. I gambled with my cave lurker since I have nooo idea which biodome I picked her up in and clearly this was the wrong one. XD

Edited by Varekis

I'mma try to breed one of these with silas

OMG, I want that line biggrin.gif

I'll never be able to afford a 2nd gen Silas but I hope 3rd and 4th gens are easy to find biggrin.gif

Don't know if this was mentioned anywhere in this thread, but when did the biomes start? Someone said that the Turpentines started out in Alpine. When did they switch to Desert?

ETA-- I bred a male green to a female Tri-horn that was caught from the Desert biome and got a brown egg.

Edited by wbmorgan

I just bred a green Copper to a Black Marrow and got a green egg. Look at its lineage - I didn't expect it to be this pretty. Unfortunately I only have one female CB Marrow, but at least it's theoretically possible, because Marrows dropped before biomes happened... and maybe I can find someone who wants to trade or do a bloodswap.

I just bred my two Desert Tri-Horns to green Coppers:

Male Tri-Horn x female Copper -> Green Copper (Copper mother's colour)

Male Copper x female Tri-Horn -> Brown Copper (Colour of the biome the Tri-Horn mother was caught in)

So I think it clearly depends on the biome the mother was actually caught in, not the biome she now can be caught in.

Btw, if anyone is interested in these eggs, send me a trade link with some random AP egg, as I'm out of teleports. Otherwise these two will be abandoned soon ;D And gone they are :>

Edited by The_Imago

So I think it clearly depends on the biome the mother was actually caught in, not the biome she now can be caught in.

Well yah, that's what clever peeps here have been sayin': pre-biome dragons breed differently than post-biome dragons because they were caught in a different biome. tongue.gif

Someone brought this up on the Even Gen thread: What about bred dragons? Are they treated as biome-less, like pre-biome CBs?

An intriguing notion. o3o Has anyone tried? I have too few CB coppers as it is, and no love of using them to breed a messed up lineage few people would want.

Edit: Oh wait, did you mean bred coppers?

Edited by Varekis

So I tried to find some pré-biome female CB dragons on my scroll (easy to find: just pick up the 4-letter codes, way harder to find CBs amongst them xd.png) and got this:

Red copper x Harvest: Red egg

Green copper x Grey/Storm: Green egg LOVE! O.O

Brown copper x Harvest: Harvest egg

Brown copper x Summer: Spring egg

Of course, I recorded them on the form too. ^^

Edited by fallen_leaf

So I tried to find some pré-biome female CB dragons on my scroll (easy to find: just pick up the 4-letter codes, way harder to find CBs amongst them XD) and got this:

Red copper x Harvest: Red egg

Brown copper x Harvest: Harvest egg

Brown copper x Summer: Spring egg

Of course, I recorded them on the form too. ^^

Oh derp. Thanks for the handy tip! XD

And wooow, I love that green copper x storm combo! :)

An intriguing notion. o3o Has anyone tried? I have too few CB coppers as it is, and no love of using them to breed a messed up lineage few people would want.

I meant bred female dragons in general. I didn't even think about the issue of non-CB Coppers! So far we've been testing CB pairings, so it could always be assumed that at least one dragon, the Copper, was caught in a biome. Then this rule made sense: the offspring gets the mother's biome's color, unless she had no biome, in which case it gets the father's biome's color (the Copper).

But if a dragon not caught in a biome has no biome, including bred dragons, including Coppers, then what happens when two non-CBs breed? Or can biomes be inherited? If they are inherited, do they always inherit from the mother, even when that means no biome, or do they inherit from the father if he has a biome? Would all dragons inherit biomes, or just Coppers? If all dragons inherit biomes, when would that have started? Since biomes were added, or sometime later?

I felt like we were getting a good grasp on the rule, and now there's a whole lot more to test that we didn't consider yet. xd.png One step at a time, I guess. We'll see what happens when there's 2nd gen Coppers to breed.

Wow, that's gorgeous! Maybe I'll try a checker with that pairing.

Don't know if this was mentioned anywhere in this thread, but when did the biomes start? Someone said that the Turpentines started out in Alpine. When did they switch to Desert?

Biomes started on June 10, 2011. The first comment I can find about the Turpentine biome switch was just before noon on the day of release, and it definitely happened after 10:59am since that's when the spriter suggested the Desert instead of the Alpine. No one noted a biome change on the 11am drop, so it happened after then but before noon.

Fear not, cause here's an experiment.

Ultraviolet X Green Cooper = Green Cooper. Don't have more Coopers left for experimenting, but, here are other eggs I got out of them (no links because they aren't on my scroll):

GW X Bronze Cooper = Bronze egg.

Bronze Cooper X Red Dorsal = Blue Cooper

Bronze Cooper X Bluesang = Blue Cooper

Rainbow Cooper X Thunder = Rainbow Cooper

GW X Rainbow = Rainbow egg

Black X Rainbow = Rainbow egg

Spotted Greenwing X Blue Cooper = Blue egg

Blue Cooper X Silver = Blue egg.

I think bloodswapping for a red/rainbow copper would be slightly difficult if I wasn't ever able to get a red copper to use as fodder! xd.png But yeah, I'm definitely looking into trading since that seems to be the only viable option for me should I continue with this lineage idea of mine. smile.gif

Oooh, that's a pretty combo! IMO, the female black sprite is such a pesky one to make look good in lineages but that works nicely. :3

Edit: Oh god, I should stop breeding these on a whim. I gambled with my cave lurker since I have nooo idea which biodome I picked her up in and clearly this was the wrong one. xd.png

Oh.. I have no idea which biome I got my Halloweens from. Most of my lurkers were traded around like mad as I was part of the Hurricane Sandy, Save Hatchies for people movement xd.png.

I think for the first time ever I might be waiting on Halloween to just pick up eggs when it's nice and slow so I can get one from each biome LOL! This will be nuts!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/J1YB8

Silver x Female Green <3

My Green baby from Green x Whiptail is a 4 letter code

http://dragcave.net/lineage/AuZKW

I also bred a brown female x frill and got a brown.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/PKTfu

Edited by Vhale

M Verdigris x F Swallowtail

http://dragcave.net/lineage/v5i0S

And the right color, yay!~

Edit: Okay, can someone just tell me what's happening with the breeding pattern? Because honestly I am really confused.

Edited by cheese456

bred mine with a stripped dragon and got a red egg, but I was egg locked and auto abandoned it.

M Verdigris x F Swallowtail

http://dragcave.net/lineage/v5i0S

And the right color, yay!~

Edit: Okay, can someone just tell me what's happening with the breeding pattern? Because honestly I am really confused.

sweet pairing rolleyes.gif

I would advise anyone with only one pair of a color to be cautious if thinkng about trying to purebreed them. I just tried, and got the "refused to go near each other." sleep.gif

It seems if we have only one pair of a dragon (and it seems to hold true with the copper alt colors) that is more likely to happen. But during a brand new release, I would think they would be breeding better right now. I even named them so they would be a matching pair.

And it was my greens! My favorite color.

Edited by missy_

The mother dragon's home (her native biome) is where she lives and lays eggs. So basically, a coastal mother is laying coastal copper eggs (green), an alpine mother is laying alpine copper eggs (red), and so on.

With pre-biome mothers, the eggs appear to take on the copper father's coloration.