Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

That's beautiful!

Have you tried it with the other genders yet?

Not yet, no :c I only have one CB of each color, and I had already bred my brown and orange before I thought of the combination. I'll be playing around with this in the future, though, it's one of my favorite pairings for these dragons so far <3

Hmmm Brown copper male x green copper female = green copper egg.

This one I'm going to post over in the even gen thread as a free for all.

Female green copper looks very, very pretty with a Yulebuck. Pretty!

It bred true to the mother's color, for those keeping score.

If I made a google docs spreadsheet with all these breeding results and a form where you could add your own, would anyone be interested in it?

in other news: male orange copper x female tsunami = green copper egg. It's not a very pretty pairing, I think, but I really wanted a green egg smile.gif

I'm pretty sure the kind of egg that is produced is heavily influenced by the mother's breed...

Edited by SlowHornpipe172

Should I try Corroded x Silver (all CB), or should I try Regular x Silver (regular will be maturing very soon)?

*shoots cfmtfm* Now you've gone and put that in my head. And I want it. sad.gif

We're out of biomes.

By the way Fiona, if you *did* want to introduce the shiny copper version after all, you could always make it a rarer alt version that could occur in any biome, the way that red dorsals and tan ridgewings occur less often than purple dorsals and purple ridgewings. The rationale would be that some eggs happen to be more protected from environmental influences than others and thus develop no patina. (Like maybe the dragon's other eggs were sitting on top of this one, or its nest was built on the side of the coast away from the sea breeze, or so on.)

It's your call of course, but the lack of extra biomes needn't be what holds you back. :-D

ETA: Or, another idea: an acidic breed of dragon could have a Polish BSA, which could permanently turn any of the other copper alts into the shiny copper alt. LOL!

Edited by tjekan

If I in other news: male orange copper x female tsunami = green copper egg. It's not a very pretty pairing, I think, but I really wanted a green egg smile.gif

I'm pretty sure the kind of egg that is produced is heavily influenced by the mother's breed...

Hmm. I know that for humans, the females are born with every ova they will ever have, while males after puberty replace theirs after about 3 days.

With this in mind, the mother's unfertilized eggs would be accustomed to their Biome environment. And then the father's sperm comes in, and might affect the breed of dragon. If the egg is copper, then it would 'alt' according to the weathering the mother experienced. And not the father.

So I could totally see that happening.

user posted image

Really a fan of the Trio x Coppers. I would've liked the Orange Copper x Magma to turn out Orange as well, but it's still a nice pairing! My Brown Copper x Whiptail pairing outright refused. Next time I'm going to attempt Copper x Thunder. smile.gif

URG. Two breedings so far, one brown pair, one orange pair. One "No Interest" and one "No Egg Produced". I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. :/

URG. Two breedings so far, one brown pair, one orange pair. One "No Interest" and one "No Egg Produced". I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. :/

Considering they're so highly in demand as well as people breeding them like crazy, I've seen people say this isn't quite unexpected.

I'll bite. I'm fairly sure that brown/orange copper will look so good with sunsong that it's ridiculous.

Dang, my only CB Silver refused my only Brown Copper male. I was really curious to see what that would result in!

Next week I'll try her with my Green male. That'll be pretty, if they don't refuse, too.

Just bred all three of my copper pairs and got an egg from each! I'm rather proud of that - I thought at least one pair would refuse. -Smiles- This makes my Ring lineage started.

Edited by bbishappy93

Breed... them? I wasn't really planning on it, since they are, in my opinion, rather ugly. But if you insist...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/yLckM

How's this? I'm surprised to find that they bred a shiny Copper instead of a browning one. It's a bit odd that it's random like that. Unless it has to do with where the mate comes from...

Unless it has to do with where the mate comes from...

That's what I suspect.

Urg, paired sunsong with a brown copper and got a green... I think we might be able to conclude that where the other parent came from is the colour.

(hey guys, remember that time when TJ said that he would record where dragons were caught?)

Edited by DarkEternity

Just tried my silver male with green female. got a green. Maybe interested in a bloodswap with someone? looks pretty decent, may try for a checker or somethin.

From what I've seen, I'm thinking that whoever guessed that bred coppers take on the biome alt of one of their parents randomly is right. It might be mother's biome, but I swear I saw one that contradicts that. If it is either parent's biome, that'd mean they'd always have a chance at the color of the copper parent.

Just bred a green Copper to a Trihorn (Alpine Biome) and got an orange one. Here's hoping that the eggs won't always turn out to be the non-Copper parent's biome color - otherwise making lineages won't be as fun as I thought it would be.