Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

I tried purebred breeding all my coppers.

Two pairs hate eachother. As in "refuse to go near". The third produced a Purebred egg. Why do all my dragons hate each other lately? Why.... sad.gif

Edited by injenn

Hmm, interesting! That deep sea is also from before the biomes. I was curious so I bred a male brown copper to a female autumn seasonal from pre-biomes and they produced a brown copper

http://dragcave.net/lineage/1Vkzr

Maybe pre-biome eggs take the color of the copper parent

Edited by PolarVortex

I added a non-mandatory question to the tracking form asking about whether the parent was pre- or post-biome implementation.

I recorded this on Slowhornpipe's form, but I just bred this. The mother is a pre-biomes blue nebula. Father is a rainbow copper. Result is a rainbow copper egg.

I just wanted to report the two eggs my Coppers have produced.

I bred two PB eggs. The pair of Rainbow Coppers produced a Rainbow egg and the Brown Coppers produced a Brown egg.

Has anyone managed to breed a PB egg that ISN'T the same colour as its parents?

Fiona did say (in the Five Elements Lineage thread): 'However, I do feel safe in saying that if you breed two Coppers of the same color you will always get that color.'

So. No one needs to 'waste' their time trying to get different colors from PB parents. Unless they want to, I guess! xd.png

Fiona did say (in the Five Elements Lineage thread): 'However, I do feel safe in saying that if you breed two Coppers of the same color you will always get that color.'

So. No one needs to 'waste' their time trying to get different colors from PB parents. Unless they want to, I guess! xd.png

Thank you for posting that. I am quite disappointed as I was hoping they would be like Dorsals or Ridgewings sad.gif I had some pretty lineages in mind too! Never mind!

tongue.gif I wouldn't have said that much, but it seemed to me that there had been enough purebred mono-colored breedings to establish that.

I add that I just traded a shimmer egg for 2 copper eggs, both were from holidays (valentine 13s) - one is a rainbow (begat rainbow) one is a green (begat green).

I haven't been able to find any eggs even for this breed unfortunately let alone try to breed them sad.gif Can get two for every day except Day 5's.

It would also be interesting to track if a particular non-Copper female always breeds the same color Copper egg.

I just bred a Hellfire cob (male) to a brown Copper hen. They gave me a brown Copper egg.

It's for a lineage (hellooooo, 5E Wyvern milestone! smile.gif ) so naturally I'll keep the parents together in case of refusals. Watching to see if they throw brown Coppers consistently.

Since everyone else is showing off their pairings …

http://dragcave.net/lineage/SN0LT

Edited by Xocowolf

My PB Red Copper pair gave me a no interest, but at least they didn't refuse! My Brown Copper and his Moonstone mate gave a no egg produced. Only my PB Green Copper pair threw me an egg, a Green one, like so. Maybe next week I'll swap them up and do Red/Green pairings, and breed the Brown with a jungle breed to see if he'll throw a Green. C:

I hope that since these Metallics aren't supposed to be rare they'll be better breeders than their Gold and Silver cousins!

How are they going to play along with hybrids? I just tried my male green copper x female hellhorse, but no egg. I think the hellhorse is the only hybrid where both parents are from different biomes AND one isn't from multiple biomes.

I just bred my red with a sunsong and they gave me a green egg.

Edit: Wait a second. Going by the posts in this thread... Does this mean I can never get a red/rainbow egg out of this pairing?

Edited by Varekis

I just bred my red with a sunsong and they gave me a green egg.

Edit: Wait a second. Going by the posts in this thread... Does this mean I can never get a red/rainbow egg out of this pairing?

They're a Jungle breed, so... it seems not very likely sad.gif

Though you could try, if you have any Sunsongs from before the biomes.

Edit: I got a friend who does have Sunsongs from before the biomes to breed me one, and look: http://dragcave.net/lineage/R6pWi so maybe?

Edited by silver_chan

OMG, just tried both my green boys with black girls... and got TWO black eggs. Anyone want/need one? (I'd adore one of their offspring, if youre making a checker with it.. but i doubt i need both)

edit: alright, no interest, i guess i'll AP one of the eggs. /shrug

Edited by girlgamerjen

OMG, just tried both my green boys with black girls... and got TWO black eggs. Anyone want/need one? (I'd adore one of their offspring, if youre making a checker with it.. but i doubt i need both)

Actually that does sound like a neat pairing... did you still have one?

...and now I'm going to bed so yeah.

Edited by silver_chan

What a pretty egg! I am egglocked as usual xd.png but hopefully you will reach silver_chan <3 and if not you might try the Dragon Cave Community Notice Board: Departures smile.gif

They're a Jungle breed, so... it seems not very likely :(

Though you could try, if you have any Sunsongs from before the biomes.

Edit: I got a friend who does have Sunsongs from before the biomes to breed me one, and look: http://dragcave.net/lineage/R6pWi so maybe?

I was dreading that, nooo. D: I'm very jealous of your little beauty! I was hoping to do a checker, even a small one. ;u;

Alas, I don't remember if any of my sunsongs are pre-biome, and if they were, which ones. Since Sonja was pretty high up on my list of sunsongs, I doubt I have any. *checks* Oh man, she's the second CB female sunsong I have. D; Their catch dates are far too close to be good, too. Gah!

/is now rambling

But thanks for your reply! Not promising news, lineage dreams considered, but it's nice to know the truth of it. :)

I was dreading that, nooo. D: I'm very jealous of your little beauty! I was hoping to do a checker, even a small one. ;u;

Alas, I don't remember if any of my sunsongs are pre-biome, and if they were, which ones. Since Sonja was pretty high up on my list of sunsongs, I doubt I have any. *checks* Oh man, she's the second CB female sunsong I have. D; Their catch dates are far too close to be good, too. Gah!

/is now rambling

But thanks for your reply! Not promising news, lineage dreams considered, but it's nice to know the truth of it. smile.gif

=) could always try bloodswapping, see if someone else can get one successfully for you, and you just shoot for the sunsong. Or switching what breeds are bred together to switch? /shrug

Ive decided i really like green/black, and i really dislike the valentine restrictions of 2 dragons each... gosh they look so nice together, dont they? (lol, just noticed the egg's code. lol)