Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

But then how did I get a red copper from a female ember? From that logic it should have been a brown copper.

Your female ember isn't cb. Therefore, she wasn't caught in a biome, and breeding any copper with her will only produce that color of copper.

What matters for copper color is the biome the mother was actually caught in, not where its breed drops.

*nods* The only other way to get the "wrong" colour of Copper from a CB female dragon is to use ones that were caught before the Biomes were introduced. For example, Heart Of Kaos is pre-Biome, so she bred a red Copper egg.

Ooooooh I see, so any non-cb female will give me a red copper if bred with my male red copper. CB females are the ones that determine the color of the egg. That makes it way less confusing.

Ooooooh I see, so any non-cb female will give me a red copper if bred with my male red copper. CB females are the ones that determine the color of the egg. That makes it way less confusing.

Exactly. smile.gif

Just got a CB Brown Copper Egg that I influenced to be Female, but not sure what to breed her with...

Thought about doing a staircase lineage with a trio of CB Legendaries

but matching the colors wouldn't be easy xd.png

maybe Brown Copper Female with a thunder dragon

mate the resulting brown copper male with an Icicle Dragon Female to make a red copper, then breed that with magma?

IDK Any thoughts on this or any suggestions?

Can anybody explain my breeding results?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DPSmQ

3rd gen male Red Copper x 3rd gen female Green Copper = 4th gen Green Copper

4th gen male Red Copper x 4th gen female Green Copper = 5th gen Red Copper

Is this a case of "Random (should never happen)", as the Wiki says, or is there a rule that explains it?

I don't think that 4G Green male should have ever been green, but red like his mother. Your 5G is fine. However, looking through the whole thing, there's a green CB female that should have had green babies...It would have made an arc of greens along the top and your 5G would also be green.

I'm not sure if I understand you, could you be mixing up the males and females? The 4th gen green one is female.

Oh wait yes you're right. Somehow I confused all the genders. |D Whoops. idk how that happened. Sometimes it just does. I think I'm thinking of the view page order which has mom first. :P

Then if that's the case, both of the 3rd gen red males should be brown (and not have affected anything else), and your new red should be green. You're right. XD

I gave up on understanding Coppers long ago! I have this pretty red male from a brown mother, and expected him to be brown just like her. Perhaps Copper X Copper pairings can make either color? I know that it isn't in the "rules" but it seems to be occurring. *shrugs*

Edited by Dimar

I gave up on understanding Coppers long ago! I have this pretty red male from a brown mother, and expected him to be brown just like her. Perhaps Copper X Copper pairings can make either color? I know that it isn't in the "rules" but it seems to be occurring. *shrugs*

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be "random" but more like one of the parents' colors. Maybe that's actually a rule?

I had no idea that coppers could break the rules until two minutes ago.

Just bred the next stage on my green copper x white stripe line - which I assumed would either be a fail (stripe) or hopefully green copper.

And got.... a rainbow copper!

Colour me surprised!

I had no idea that coppers could break the rules until two minutes ago.

Just bred the next stage on my green copper x white stripe line - which I assumed would either be a fail (stripe) or hopefully green copper.

And got.... a rainbow copper!

Colour me surprised!

That's totally fine, since the female's Biome defines the Copper color. Forest dragons make Rainbow Coppers. You need CB Stripeds from the Coast (where they don't drop) or the Jungle - or from before Biomes existed.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

What would happen if I breed a male Copper Dragon with one of the Alpine-born Turpentines? Will I get a Rainbow Copper (since the Turpentine in question bears the Alpine biome), a Liver of Sulfur Copper (because Turpentines are now in the Desert biome), or will it take on the color of the Copper father?

I ask because of this Turpentine.

I think it goes by the biome associated with your dragon, not by breed or its current biome. I have a few very old dragons whose biome is "cave" and they always give the Copper parent's color even though these breeds *are* located in specific biomes today.

I think it goes by the biome associated with your dragon, not by breed or its current biome. I have a few very old dragons whose biome is "cave" and they always give the Copper parent's color even though these breeds *are* located in specific biomes today.

ohmy.gif

That means if I take a CB Verdigris Dragon and breed it with that Turpentine I will get a Rainbow Copper instead of a Liver of Sulfur Copper?

...I think that is a worthy beginning of a Lineage right there. xd.png

...now I gotta get me a CB Verdirgris Copper. unsure.gif

Can anybody explain my breeding results?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DPSmQ

3rd gen male Red Copper x 3rd gen female Green Copper = 4th gen Green Copper

4th gen male Red Copper x 4th gen female Green Copper = 5th gen Red Copper

Is this a case of "Random (should never happen)", as the Wiki says, or is there a rule that explains it?

Your Coppers have the correct coloring except for the green 4th gen female. xd.png

Coppers should only color like their mother (random female dragon or Copper) when she is CB (color depends on the biome she is from). If the mother is a bred dragon/Copper (meaning she has no biome or she was caught before the biomes were implemented) the egg should take the color of its Copper father. Therefor the only coloring error in your lineage is the green 4th gen female, which should have been a "red" (rainbow) Copper like her father.

As it's stated in the "Breeding Results" section of the Copper article on the wiki, there still seem to be some errors with the breeding of the Coppers. blink.gifxd.png

Your Coppers all have the correct coloring. smile.gif The 2nd gens were influenced by the biomes of their CB mothers and the 3rd gen by its Copper father.

ohmy.gif

That means if I take a CB Verdigris Dragon and breed it with that Turpentine I will get a Rainbow Copper instead of a Liver of Sulfur Copper?

...I think that is a worthy beginning of a Lineage right there.  xd.png

...now I gotta get me a CB Verdirgris Copper.  unsure.gif

Yep, you would get a Rainbow Copper from this pairing. smile.gif

Edited by Nyastara

I've been breeding my CB rainbow copper to a blue-banded but due to the commonness it's only producing blue bandeds x-x what to try next

Actually this is correct. The color of the copper only takes after a female CAVEBORN dragon. If the dragon is not caveborn then the egg will be the color of the Copper father.

No clue how that 4th gen female ended up green...

Edited by Vain.3805

Actually this is correct. The color of the copper only takes after a female CAVEBORN dragon. If the dragon is not caveborn then the egg will be the color of the Copper father.

No clue how that 4th gen female ended up green...

Is that why I only get brutes from this stingy jerk, even though I've tried him with different CB brute females? I would love a checker of that combo, but it is apparently never going to happen, sort of like getting a royal blue out of an RB x frostbite combo. dry.gif

Tried pairing Green Copper with Golden Wyvern, 2 GW eggs produced so far.

Is that why I only get brutes from this stingy jerk, even though I've tried him with different CB brute females? I would love a checker of that combo, but it is apparently never going to happen, sort of like getting a royal blue out of an RB x frostbite combo. dry.gif

You can get Coppers out of Brutes, but they'll be Red Coppers, not Green.

What biome(s) would I need to catch sapphires from to breed to a green copper male and get green coppers from? I want to test out a lineage Idea but don't know which biome breeds what sad.gif

Thank you! <3 Now to check the biomes of my sapphires and see if any are correct so I can influence them :3