TJ09

2013-04-07 - April Release

Getting so frustrated, not even able to get regular eggs from the volcano.

I feel your pain, trust me, even trying to get ANYTHING from my wishlist is proving impossible tonight dry.gif This is why I'm not always the most enthusiastic about drops, people all of a sudden decide to care about the game (120 people in one biome at once? case in point) and anyone who doesn't have light-speed internet or refreshing abilities of twice a second gets left in the dust

<.< I refuse to feel guilty because I have an awesome computer and fast internet. I paid for them, I'm darned well going to use them. >.>

Anywho...I traded a bit and gifted a bit, and am almost locked again. I'll sit out after that, promise. Since I can;t even breed any more pretty glow eggs to send to the AP. sleep.gif

Edited by Draco Knight

I plan to snatch as many as I can. I refuse to feel guilty about it, because I'm only just getting my paws on any at all, and I've only managed to snatch one at each hourly drop.

...besides, that's kind of the name of the game.

I caught my six now...I feel kind of bad.....only took 40 minutes...

Edited by CheshireFox

That's not what bothers me, I realize that it happens and it's part of the game. What annoys me are the ones who literally come on once in a blue moon, only when something new's released, snatch up as many as they can, and then leave. Half the time they don't even keep the eggs. Maybe it's just my opinion, but if you didn't care about the game before the special new eggs got released, it's not in very good taste to only care around new releases and holidays dry.gif

That's kind of an unfair judgement to make on the people currently hunting. Highly active players aren't always skulking around the cave, you know.

That's kind of an unfair judgement to make on the people currently hunting. Highly active players aren't always skulking around the cave, you know.

That was the point I was going to make...

I spend a ton of my time these days working on breeding projects. So yeah, I'll show up in the cave mostly for new releases... but I'm still around.

I'm not saying they are, and I'm not even saying it's every single player. I'm saying that particular situation is what bothers me personally, it's sad to see people's scrolls a week or 2 later with dead eggs or dead hatchlings because someone had a moment of excitement and then forgot and went on to something else. That's like buying a pet bunny just for Easter and forgetting it needs food

Members please attack the the topic not each other.

Members that are having problems catching the new release we have many gifting/trading topics in the Trading sub-forum.

But how many do this? It's so few that it should be a non-issue. Yes, there will be people who get excited. There will also be new arrivals who scoop up eggs and get excited, and then don't get how to raise the eggs for a few rounds, who wind up killing what could be valuable and other people would have wanted.

So?

What someone does with the eggs they've caught is... what they do with the eggs they've caught. It's part of the game. If someone grabs 7 of these scarlets and locks, then that's what they've done, and they're out of the way of your hunting, now.

No luck at all so far since *ahem mutter mutter* greedy-nauts >.> *mutter sputter ahem* snatch them up 5 at a time in seconds, maybe I'll wait til 4 or 5am my time when the greedynauts have gone to bed. In the meantime, maybe I'll try for a white so I can attempt one of those hybrid eggs, breeding seems a lot easier at this point

I don't think it's fair to call people named just because they are either faster clickers than you or have faster internet or whatever the case may be. And it is also not fair to grumble about how people choose to play the game - whether it is by not being a very dedicated player or by collecting as many as they can. We don't know what goes on in the real lives of people to keep them from playing more regularly.... for example, I work from home and keep my own time, so I am logged on to DC 24/7; not everyone can do it for various reasons. So before you rail at those people for how they play, please understand that you are not walking in their shoes. The beauty of this game is we get to play however way we wish, so to criticize another person's playing style is not very nice.

DC also has a lot of very generous people who gift eggs freely or breed and release desirable eggs to the AP - and the kind of attitude you display can make people think twice about being generous.

*gnaws on topic*(you did say attack the topic _Z_ tongue.gif ) ninja.gif

Lets all just enjoy these new goodies! biggrin.gif Can't wait to see what they'll be like when fully grown. smile.gif

I didn't think I was attacking anyone. I was listing something that bothered me, and never attacked any personal player since I don't know them. I didn't yell and scream and wouldn't see a point in that. All I did was express my opinion, I guess I'm sorry others don't agree with it but I was never attacking any player, and I don't believe any one attacked me. All I said was that I personally get upset seeing people swarm in, then seconds later forget about DC and let pretty eggs and hatchies die. Typically I think that'd be something any one would be upset over, it just seems to happen so much more when a new egg is released, that's what I was trying to express. I wasn't going after anyone personally, no point in that

*gnaws on topic*(you did say attack the topic _Z_  tongue.gif ) ninja.gif

*gets into a slap fight with the topic*

Anyways, does anyone have any theories about what the crimsons grow into? If they are or aren't the BSA? What the BSA could be if they are the one with it?

Edited by CheshireFox

*gets into a slap fight with the topic*

Anyways, does anyone have any theories about what the crimsons grow into? If they are or aren't the BSA? WHat the BSA could be if they are the one with it?

I hope they don't look too much like the Reds we already have; I don't think that's a real danger, but the hatchies look so classically draconic and the Reds are the most classically Western-looking dragon we have currently in the cave.

I think they have the BSA, personally! No idea what it is, but I'm sort of hoping it's a reverse-incubate sort of BSA... like for adding time to an egg if it's too close to hatching or if you accidentally incubate a Tinsel or something xd.png

I know my dream BSA wouldn't happen, but it'd be fun. My dream BSA would be 'ignite' or something like that, where every egg and hatchie on the scroll had a chance of it's time being lowered by 12 hours, and it'd be a random pick. In reality, I think the Heal option is a lot more likely, and pretty interesting too.

I almost think if the Glitters get the BSA, it will be something like Splash. Cute and funny, but ultimately not of practical use.

No luck at all so far since *ahem mutter mutter* greedy-nauts >.> *mutter sputter ahem* snatch them up 5 at a time in seconds, maybe I'll wait til 4 or 5am my time when the greedynauts have gone to bed. In the meantime, maybe I'll try for a white so I can attempt one of those hybrid eggs, breeding seems a lot easier at this point

If you're going to whine about people who grab their fair share(as the whole point of this game is grabbing eggs until you're locked and then raising them), then you're probably actually LOWERING your chances of being gifted. Personally I put people who I see whining and complaining like this on my private gifting blacklist immediately.

You're much better off going to one of the many gifting threads in the trading section if you're not able to catch them yourself instead of complaining about how the game is meant to be played.

EDIT: Did not see mod post as I quoted this from a different page, but I will not continue the topic any further.

Edited by keijaidyyn

I almost think if the Glitters get the BSA, it will be something like Splash. Cute and funny, but ultimately not of practical use.

Yeah, I hope that if the Glitterballs have it it'll be just like that. Especially considering how hard they seem to be to get.

Havn't gotten one yet tongue.gif

But i plan on trying!

Slow internet hasn't stopped me yet... i got two CB Speckles within an hour of each other when they came out...and have gotten none since. bleh..

I did successfully breed one glitterball from a pairing i have, they are SO CUTE! I want some 2nd gens! i'ma have to start collecting daydreams and whites... unless i can get ahold of some on trade biggrin.gif

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

I hope they don't look too much like the Reds we already have; I don't think that's a real danger, but the hatchies look so classically draconic and the Reds are the most classically Western-looking dragon we have currently in the cave.

I think they have the BSA, personally! No idea what it is, but I'm sort of hoping it's a reverse-incubate sort of BSA... like for adding time to an egg if it's too close to hatching or if you accidentally incubate a Tinsel or something xd.png

I'm hoping for a sorta "Smaug" type dragon, sorta a red version of the pebble. (middle earth style). It is a large dragon it says, though I know in Dc large isn't like stomp on you large lol.

Edit: As for the idea of "Glitter" for a BSA, would be amusing if we go with the Disco Dragon idea and it's "groove" bsa or something. blink.gif my mind is gone....yes...yes it is, well at least I packed one thing for the move it seems! xd.png

Edited by Erithan

I managed to breed two 2nd gen glitters but haven't had any luck with catching the crimsons thus far. sad.gif