TJ09

2013-04-07 - April Release

Either I'm blind, or I'm seeing that Daydreams are hard to find ^^; (I rhymed xd.png) Need to find myself a CB pair, though that may take awhile ^^;

It's not unfair to catch eggs at all...as long as people don't use scrips and whatnot to cheat, catching eggs is pretty much the goal in DC.

New releases always become more common as time goes by (unless they're meant to be rares I suppose) and there will always be people gifting them after a while. Give it a bit of time everyone. :3

Anyway, I hadn't even commented here earlier, so thank you TJ and artists for the new pretties! I really like the hybrid hatchies but the red ones are very well done too. <3

That's a good point, "as long as people don't cheat, it's not unfair to catch eggs".

I still kind of support that idea of new breed limit during its release season. tongue.gif I mean, one can catch up to four or five of the new eggs every 12 hours. (example)

So everyone would have more chances AND there would be less arguments about "people who don't give others a chance to catch eggs".

I remember of the Speckle-Throated dragons' release. During the first days, it was obviously harder to catch the eggs, but it gradually got "easier" as members got egglocked during the release season.

I'm not against people who hoard new breeds at all -- what if the new breed will be super rare in the future? smile.gif I think mostly people would like to have many CB rare dragons in their scrolls. (Not to mention those who trade or gift some of the new eggs.)

"...how you play is completely up to you."

Even if I had a fast connection, I'd support this idea. I'm not biasing.

(Sorry, I'm really bad at explaining tongue.gif but you get the idea)

Eventually you'll catch them, and otherwise there will always be people trading, accepting IOUs and even gifting. tongue.gif

Everyone is going through the same thing as you. It's not easy, but we're all trying. Just don't give up!

Either I'm blind, or I'm seeing that Daydreams are hard to find ^^; (I rhymed xd.png) Need to find myself a CB pair, though that may take awhile ^^;

I need a CB pair of daydreams cause I have none but have tons of cb whites and yes daydreams are becoming more harder to find now cause most people also need daydreams too and are required to make the new breed

Edited by lollipop00

I just have to mention that I find it a hilarious coincidence that, out of the ones I've done, these particular ones would be the second ones TJ picked to release. (It's funny for Reasons which shall become apparent later, and which I am now feeling rather silly over. *g*)

At least I think it's just coincidence, but then TJ might've gotten lulz out of it too, I guess...

Can't wait to hear the story behind that now. biggrin.gif

Any speculation as to whether a glowball x glowball pairing might produce either a white or daydream egg? Hmmmmm?

well that's you being charitable. I've seen people with 6 or 7 crimson eggs, which is just plain ridiculous and not giving other people a chance to even grab one for themselves, especially if we have slow computers/connections :/

How is it ridiculous? That is the whole point of the game. To get as many as you desire/have room for. I have a slow connection, as proven by my scroll. The very few CB Metallics I have were gifts given over time. I have never been able to catch one myself. And only just got a Leetle Tree late last year. And I've been around a lot of years.

I have 7 of the Crimsons. Because I hit the 1am and 2am PST drops and clicked and refreshed like a fiend. And got my last 2 at the 2:05am drop. Why was I so horribly "greedy"? Because as I said, I do have a horrible connection and if I did not grab as many as I could early in the drop, once regulars started dropping back in I'd have no shot at all. As it was I was seeing normal eggs already mixing in at the 1am drop. Not a lot, but some. I'd like one more to make even pairings but by the time I have a slot, I'll need to trade for it because I'm guessing by then the numbers will have thinned out quite a bit.

The good news for you... all us "ridiculous" people are now locked and cannot grab anymore. smile.gif

I need a CB pair of daydreams cause I have none but have tons of cb whites and yes daydreams are becoming more harder to find now cause most people also need daydreams too and are required to make the new breed

that's why I was so happy when my friend gifted me one and one of the blue new breed cause now either way I'll have more chances biggrin.gif

This happens every release, but seriously... Some people (like me) grab eggs and 'hoard' them at the beginning because we can't catch them the rest of the time. I have three cb blusangs only and that's because I 'hoarded' them when they first dropped.

Everyone has different playing styles and there is no such thing as too many of any dragon, otherwise TJ would have limits on them. smile.gif One person having a few crimsons now doesn't mean that you won't have opportunities to get your fill of them - these are permanent, they're not going anywhere!

But, if you think about it, someone who didn't get any blusangs when they first came out (like you did), might not have any, still, why would you think you're the only one that can't catch things later on?

I am not saying I think your'e wrong, just that the logic is faulty. I agree that if it was a real problem, TJ would set limits.

I bred a new hybrid! I'm so happy, I only have 2 daydreams, so I didn't think I'd be able to get one in just 2 breedings. It's super messy though.

I don't like the idea of limiting new releases. People worked hard and played lots to het those extra slot, so they should be able to do what they like with them. And once people fill up, they can't catch anymore so it becomes easier later. There are also lot of nice people here to get help from if you can't get any of something at all, if you can find the right place to ask.

I just need one more crimson and I'll be happy with two breeding pairs. Too bad my female daydream and male white decided it would be a good time to be separated. My only other daydream came through and popped out a kid. Ah well.

Got one of each, that's enough for me for now. And I only have 1 daydream, so that's all I'm getting of the shiny one for a week or so. xd.png

well that's you being charitable. I've seen people with 6 or 7 crimson eggs, which is just plain ridiculous and not giving other people a chance to even grab one for themselves, especially if we have slow computers/connections :/

Personally, I have a very bad connection, and if I don't get them at the start, when they are the easiest to get, it may take me months to get more. I missed the Blusangs on the first day, and have still never caught one myself, though I was gifted a CB about a month ago, and a 2nd gen on Christmas. I still don't have a breeding CB pair, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone catching what they can, when they can.

I'll totally lock up on the Crimsons if I can! smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

wow if the new blue dragons are as cute as adults as they are as hatchlings i think ive found my new favorite breed xd.png they are way to cute laugh.gif

Managed to get 3 Volcano's at two top-of-the-hours (when else). I only want one of each gender, so I may end up trading some dragons around soon (I'll update sig on trading info if needed).

Thanks TJ, and spriters.

wow if the new blue dragons are as cute as adults as they are as hatchlings i think ive found my new favorite breed  xd.png  they are way to cute  laugh.gif

Uhm... they are still not grown up. They are at the second stage of hachlings, where you can see the gender. It will be days before we can see the adults.

Locked on scarlets and one glitterball!

Edited by TVTD

Wish I was not lock I saw a gold in the volcano DX but there appears to be less people in the volcano now

Got 4 Crimsons and an Ember. Glad I was able to get some even though the release is already mixed. ^^

Grawr, misclicked on a magma. Got to love misclicks you can't resist keeping. rolleyes.gif

This is not a limited edition dragon. You have the rest of your DC life to grab one. Good luck.

Uhm... they are still not grown up. They are at the second stage of hachlings, where you can see the gender. It will be days before we can see the adults.

ya i know but the adults with be similar to the hatchlings so if the adults are as cute as the hatchlings they will be adorable so needless to say i cant wait until they are all grown up biggrin.gif

It was so nice during the period when we had easy Releases and almost everyone was happy; virtually everyone got their fill quickly and could settle in to enjoy the speculation on the threads... when people could actually catch however many they wanted, in whatever time they had available to them for it.

But during the more frustrating Drops, if slower people don't catch during the flood, they likely won't get any.

Speaking for myself, I spent four hourly Drops on a laggy puter, with no F-5 and a cursor that keeps teleporting off into far corners/sometimes more slowly wandering whither it will (sometimes when not even being moved) to catch my 3 pairs and was amazed that I got any.

But I knew that I'd have less than no chance later, if I didn't get them early on, during the Flood.

A lot of it's luck and perseverance - but this has been an intensely frustrating and time-consuming Release for many.

Frankly, this is, as has been pointed out, a collecting game.

It sucks when there aren't enough dragons to go around, and when what's merely a 'challenge' or not even that for those who are, for various reasons, able to catch with relative ease, is impossible or close to it for those not so fortunate.

But that's something we do have to deal with, and there's no point in criticizing people for doing their best to play in their own manner.

The point's been made that some of the people 'hoarding' these new dragons are gifting them - personally, I don't know when I'll be able to catch any more, even if they are commons, as seems likely, as I'm not very fast, so I'm clinging to these guys with my very life, lol, since it almost finished me off trying to get them.

Yes, it's selfish, but that's what we're here for, after all.

A difficult Release may not be fun, and fun may be the root reason for our playing this game, and not getting dragons you want is certainly the least fun of all, but sooner or later, we'll likely get these ones, unlike Blusangs, which are worse, since that beautiful sprite is so dreadfully elusive and we'd all like tons of them.

Like the curate's egg, some parts are good, and I suppose we have to enjoy the good parts while we have them, and tough out the bad.

But complaining does help, doesn't it? xd.png

Accusing other people of being unfair for being more fortunate in catching actually doesn't, though, which is something newer people typically come to understand in time. smile.gif

This is not a limited edition dragon. You have the rest of your DC life to grab one. Good luck.

This! tongue.gif

Missed the last release xd.png

I have a messy glitterball egg for the first to PM me who doesn't have any new release eggs yet and isn't capable of breeding daydream x white on their scroll. PM me!

As shiny and pretty as it is, I think I'll wait 'til my CB daydream is ready to breed again and try my luck with him. xd.png

Edited by keijaidyyn

Wow a lot of arguing. That's upsetting. It's only been 20 hours, guys. xd.png

I'm really debating breeding a mess of glitterballs to throw into the AP.. I just want to spread these things everywhere!!!

I'm so glad I didn't miss this release like I did with the GW/Royal Blue release and the Blusang release. One content EG over here. smile.gif

I also don't understand what the big deal with getting 3 crimson eggs is. Male, female, frozen hatchie. smile.gif I'm not planning on freezing my third because I'm already thinking of a lineage project for it.. xd.png I'm sorta ahead of the game.

Pretty sure what they meant was.. if the hatchies are this cute, they cannot wait to see the adults. smile.gif

I'm sad the male/female Crimsons are the same but maybe as adults they will show some difference.

The glitterballs are gorgeous. I now regret not collecting more then one Daydream. laugh.gif

Thanks Spriters! smile.gif