The Fluffy Raptor

PETA: Extremist Organization, Mass Slaugther

I was always concerned there was some dark stuff going on, but this blew my mind.

I've know PETA was horrid for a long time. For anyone interested, you should watch the episode of Penn & Teller's Bull**** on PETA.

They are a horrible Nazi'esque' group of people. They had a video on the episode that was from a PETA convention. It was terrifying to watch...I swear it reminded me of pictures from Germany in the 40's.

They support terrorism, destroy animals....the list is long and damning. Why people still donate to them is beyond me.

Also Why would you have a video like that showing around CHILDEREN that want to see the magic from a circus.

Ok I better stop ranting now.

Easy--what better way to force the parents to do what they want than through the kids?

They might hope mommy won't buy a fur coat if her child starts screaming that she murdered little bunnies every time they see it because PETA convinced the kid that that's what happened. (Since kids of the age PETA seems to target aren't of the age to understand how industries like the meat industry and the fur industry work--either the humane parts OR the horrific parts).

If the kids don't want to see the horrible people who kill animals at the circus, the parents won't go (or so they hope). If people don't go, the circuses will go out of business.

At least, that's what I'm assuming.

Why people still donate to them is beyond me.

I'd say it's because, while this stuff is becoming more and more public as time goes on, a lot of people don't realize this stuff.

PETA is very good about sweeping it all under the rug or justifying it.

People donate because they honestly have no idea that their money is funding animal destruction vans. They think that it's going to give rescued or abandoned animals new homes, that it's going to support finding more and more humane ways for our current animal-based industries to work, that it's going to find alternatives to animal testing and stuff.

They think it's going to helping expose animal abusers and protecting those animals.

They don't realize that it's contributing to the worst abuse of all--mass destruction of animal life for no good reason.

I'm sorry, I just find it absolutely saddening that people feel sad that pets have died, when animal cruelty has been institutionalised to the point that people don't recognise it any more.

29 000 pets dead is a tragedy. Then what of the trillions of animals slaughtered for food, should the industries be arrested as serial killers? Definitely. It's a shame that people care more about relatively few psychopaths murdering animals and the fact that last night's dinner was murdered for their hunger does not disturb them.

Of the $35,000,000 donated by caring animal lovers, how many of those caring animal lovers would have indirectly contributed to the mass slaughter of animals for their - and their pet's - food?

Food for thought. Many cats and dogs are - surprisingly - also predators who eat other animals and would potentially cause native wildlife a lot of torment and a cruel death.

PETA's actions are definitely sickening, but I wonder about the media's motives. The media is run by a company which seeks to make money, the likelihood they care about these animals is almost nill and they probably only published the article because people will read it. In a way, the more scandals that occur and the more deaths which occur, the more the media makes money.

The difference between what PETA has done and the FOOD industry is simple:

The PETA deaths had no point, while the food industry does. Animals killed for food are consumed, they're not killed simply for the sake of killing them.

As a proud bloodmouth myself, if the meat industry died... Well, since I'd make a censorkip.gif hunter I'd starve--I cannot exist on a vegetarian or vegan diet--and a lot of other people would die, too, since they have dietary issues that require them to either eat meat or consumer other animal-based products.

I'm all for finding more humane methods of raising and killing animals for food. But it's not the exact same thing to kill and eat an animal as it is to kill an animal for no reason at all other than it exists and is domesticated.

But that's kinda like saying there's no difference between genocide and killing an intruder to protect your family.

There is a difference--not just in the scale, but in the motive behind the killing.

The difference between what PETA has done and the FOOD industry is simple:

The PETA deaths had no point, while the food industry does.  Animals killed for food are consumed, they're not killed simply for the sake of killing them.

As a proud bloodmouth myself, if the meat industry died...  Well, since I'd make a censorkip.gif hunter I'd starve--I cannot exist on a vegetarian or vegan diet--and a lot of other people would die, too, since they have dietary issues that require them to either eat meat or consumer other animal-based products.

I'm all for finding more humane methods of raising and killing animals for food.  But it's not the exact same thing to kill and eat an animal as it is to kill an animal for no reason at all other than it exists and is domesticated.

But that's kinda like saying there's no difference between genocide and killing an intruder to protect your family.

There is a difference--not just in the scale, but in the motive behind the killing.

Well said, Kage, well said.

I believe also (figures are not 100% correct here, as I can't find the page where I got the info, but close enough from what I can remember) that since both PETA and the RSPCA started, the RSPCA has found homes for more than 90% of the animals they took in, whereas PETA has rehoused under 20%.

Big difference.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Killing for food is one thing. We have to eat and in most cases, a veggie diet isn't enough. Meat is good for you. And I love meat, if the people who make it stopped, I'd learn to hunt.

Killing animals because someone thinks they shouldn't be domesticated is stupid and wrong. And lying about it is even worse.

Agreed that the lying is worse.

With the food industry, there's no lie about the fact that the animals die. There's a lot of other messed up stuff that gets swept under the rug, I'll acknowledge that--but the deaths aren't a secret.

With PETA, the deaths aren't exactly publicized or common knowledge. People who don't know how censorkip.gif ed up they are assume they help animals, not slaughter them as quickly as they can once they get their hands on them.

I would think someone would have tried to defend PETA by now, saying things like "it's less cruel to put them out of their misery." Just goes to show how awesome these forums are xd.png

No, no, there is nothing wrong with eating meat. Humans have a right to kill and eat animals. Vegetarians and vegans are known to have health problems, which shows that humans need meat. Humans are animals too, and no one would prevent a bear from killing a seal because killing it is immoral, even though polar bears can survive on grass. The vegetarian philosophy makes humans out to have less rights than animals.

Slaughter, though, is different. It's the deliberate killing of something that poses no threat to you, and would not benefit you if it died. There is a repulsion, I believe, in the minds of most humans to slaughter. For example, I would have no trouble killing a cow if I were going to eat it. But the idea of killing it and disposing of its carcass brings a cold feeling in my mind. Anyone who overcomes this repulsion is a menace to society and should be closely watched.

Ok before I just took them for a bunch of idiots because I never heard anything good about.... a animal.... saving organization..... that does not sound right, nothing good about a organization that supposed to help animals? Say again.

The first post changes that though, just.... this is another factor to why I have no faith in humanity, when that can go on with out sufficient opposition.

And is anybody surprised? Of ****ing course not! =P

My aunt likes PETA, for some reason. She thinks that sometimes you have to be radical to get anything done. I can agree with that sentiment, but it does not apply to PETA. Eh. I'm wary of both the source and of PETA. Just yet another smear on PETA's rep that I am not at all saddened to see.

I've always been disgusted with PETA (my aunt was big on rescuing animals, and she never really supported PETA) but hearing this... ugh x.x It's awful to the point where I just can't even /begin/ to find the words or even the energy to hate it. I just want them to /go away/.

However, one upside has come from this-- it's reminded me that I do like to help animals, and I'm looking into trying to volunteer at a local SPCA chapter.

Vegetarians and vegans are known to have health problems, which shows that humans need meat.

PETA is vile and evil and all that.

But the veggie bit of this is simply not true; please stop adding to misinformation about this. Most of my family are veggie (I'm not, but that's because I can't bring myself to give up meat !) - as are most of my friends. Some are vegan. My grandchildren have been brought up veggie from birth. All of them are as healthy or more so than I am; all our doctors reckon it is healthier in terms of bowel cancer and a few other things.

The only health issues come from people who don't take the trouble to have a properly varied diet - and that applies to omnivores too. The WORST diets are the (mostly) men who will only eat meat and potatoes, NO fruit, and nothing green (I even have one of those coming to visit soon; his wife, who gets furious about it, said to give him a banana...)

tl;dr Meat and fish (and even eggs and dairy) are NOT essential to the human frame.

And back on topic - PETA is evil.

I do have a comment. I clearly do not support PETA and think that they are full of censorkip.gif, that being said, they do say on their website (you have to search for it) how many animals they euthanize .

Their claim is that they only take in the worst case animals, and forward the rest of the animals along to animal shelters. I have no idea if this is true or not, but this is what they claim. If it is true and they only take the worse case animals, it actually is not as bad (as euthanizing healthy animals) to euthanize so many. It is not fair to keep an animal alive that is suffering from a painful disease that is not easily curable.

Edit: Euthanize not kill.

Edited by kiffren

I do have a comment. I clearly do not support PETA and think that they are full of censorkip.gif, that being said, they do say on their website (you have to search for it) how many animals they euthanize .

Their claim is that they only take in the worst case animals, and forward the rest of the animals along to animal shelters. I have no idea if this is true or not, but this is what they claim. If it is true and they only take the worse case animals, it actually is not as bad (as euthanizing healthy animals) to euthanize so many. It is not fair to keep an animal alive that is suffering from a painful disease that is not easily curable.

Edit: Euthanize not kill.

Then explain the perfectly healthy animals that have been 'euthanized'.

I've never supported PETA and never will. I don't see any form of good that came out of them (besides the other organizations that started up like them that actually DO good).

I do not stand any form of animal cruelty but if they are pets they have 0 right over anything done to them in my opinion. They let them lose or anything and they die they pay me for everything to get a new one. Even the pet bills for the entire life span of the new pet. (Trust me when I read about the dog shows rage was not even CLOSE to how I felt!)

I cannot understand why it's so terrible to eat meat even. I could never give up what I eat and that's just how it is. I'll eat what I like you can eat what you like. Simple enough? I don't like how they get veal (my dad explained it idk if it's 100% true but still disgusting) but if you wanna eat it go ahead. Long as it's humane idc. The food will be eaten one way or another there is nothing wrong with eating meat.

Way to many things wrong with this organization and I really think it's about time the government or someone does something about them so they stop hurting what they say they are out to protect.

TL;DR for the topic:

-PETA wants to kill animals because it's not fun and they have fun with it.

-PETA is a bunch of neo-nazis and ex-Al Qaeda who make profit and illicit business out of simple-minded, old, or people irradiated in such a way they don't realize what they are supporting; plain dementia and insanity.

-PETA needs to be banned or Bad Things will happen.

-PETA isn't happy about all the 'humane activities by ending the animals' suffering', they also threat and have acts of aggression towards the ones refusing their forced way of (not) thinking and being a complete freak.

-PETA has less moral than the sum of smugglers and criminals on the Earth.

-PETA risks themselves in the 'war' (more like slaughter, since the other side doesn't even bother to react) by exposing themselves to noxious matter in the laboratory attacks/exposure to animal blood.

-PETA is an elitist, self-indulged, egotistical and narcissistic org. that claims to use of machista strategies in favor of women and animals, when they degrade reputation of the former and slaughter the latter.

TL;DR: I am more sickened of news from PETA than the sum of all most disgusting things I've come across, and I really hope the government realizes that soon so I can have one less censorkip.gif of terrorists in my life and carry on.

I don't know you guys, but I'm keeping Properly Paranoid about my dog liking to sprint around the neighborhood. I don't like the idea of seeing a dreaded, bloodstained, swastika-tattooed van getting my dog and running off to do who-knows-what to him.

I... can't even express how angry reading the OP makes me. I officially hate PETA.

I've known about PETA's craziness for years, and this article makes me cringe just as much as when I first learned about them. I don't understand how this clear abuse of healthy animals is legal. No matter how "humanely" they euthanize these animals, they are killing healthy animals for no reason--animal abuse. PETA stands for People for the Evil Torture of Animals in my book.

In a letter to the King County Council, PETA told officials not to listen to me because I was "radical."

Ha. Ahahaha no.

I just... the hypocrisy in this. Urgh.

Jeez, PETA's just full of bad, isn't it? Yet it's so widely known.

Does anyone know how the ASPCA compares to PETA?

I tried to read some of this again and started around the middle and omg I cannot believe all of this. Makes me want to cry.... how can people support something like this? Just... how?

Does anyone know how the ASPCA compares to PETA?

I don't know how helpful these links will be. The second one is a few years old, the first doesn't have a date.

http://www.aspca.org/about-us/faq/pet-statistics.aspx

http://www.aspca.org/Pressroom/press-releases/052009.aspx

The ASPCA (or SPCA), from what I've read from a cursory google search, has among the lowest euthanasia rates though. Other links you might be interested in:

http://www.americanhumane.org/animals/stop...euthanasia.html

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/Concero..._125524443.html

http://www.petfinder.com/pro/for-shelters/...sia-statistics/

Google "aspca euthanasia rates" for more. ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PETA. c___c God they're idiots. And their denial is just stupid...this is something people have known about for a long time, and now that it's "out," per se, I guess they can't deal with it. I fail to understand why they need to kill /all/ of those animals and allow such suffering when PETA claims to be a champion for the /ethical/ treatment of animals. SEEMS LEGIT. /sarcasm [it's so stupidly selfcontradictory it's sad.]

Pie - healthy animals are put down across the country at all kinds of shelters for various reasons, including (but not up to) aggression and space reasons in the shelter. It's not a problem that can really be solved unless more people start adopting and/or fewer people dump/release/give up/fail to spay or neuter pets. What would also really help is a countrywide implementation of TNR [Trap-Neuter-Release] so the stray population can be kept in check too.

So really PETA isn't the only one killing healthy animals and I'm not condoning euthanasia for other reasons, but...it's not an easy problem to solve. :/

I have no problem with them putting down some animals. Sometimes it just has to happen. It's the sheer insanity of everything that bothers me.

PETA hypocrisy is nothing new. I've gotten into arguments with members of PETA and every single one has been a complete loon.

They're classified formally as a terrorist group, and rightly so.