The Fluffy Raptor

PETA: Extremist Organization, Mass Slaugther

And that isn't including what they think of livestock, or the fur industry. I highly doubt that they would ever willingly disband as long as there is any perceived cruelty left.

Especially not when they can spout lies that bring unwitting people to their cause and raise as much money as they do. It's far too easy for them to avoid answering questions or dance around the truth. The bigger question is: Why are they allowed to continue to masquerade themselves as an organization that rescues animals when they are anything but?

The bigger question is: Why are they allowed to continue to masquerade themselves as an organization that rescues animals when they are anything but?

This is what I want to know. It's not a secret that most animal in shelters will be put to sleep, but they don't cover that up. PETA is outright lying to people giving pets to them I guess to make the pet givers feel better about giving the animal up.

I usually don't venture into the charity world because I am so sceptical of things like this happening. I decided to (out of pure boredom) and it's just absolutely sickening.

If you're not going to do what you say, then don't do it at all... Not only have they hurt the animals, but also the 'supporters' and perhaps even us (the spectators?).

Then again, with all the hypocrisy in the world at the moment (who knows what else is out there...), I'm honestly not that surprised.

PETA makes me sick. Honestly they paint people who own/breed animals and bad and then turn around and kill them

the animals I mean

Edited by brairtrainer

I'm just glad they don't operate in the UK. We do have the RSPCA (with whom I have issues) but they're not even in the same league as PETA. At least the RSPCA do try and rehome animals. PETA are just... padded room material.

Although the RSPCA also put down a load of animals if they have too many in the shelters. Seriously, putting a cat down just because it's black and you have too many black cats isn't right. Nor, really, is spending a bunch of money donated to help animals in lobbying the government. But hey...

This is what I want to know. It's not a secret that most animal in shelters will be put to sleep, but they don't cover that up. PETA is outright lying to people giving pets to them I guess to make the pet givers feel better about giving the animal up.

They're also registered as a humane society in Florida (which is something that really baffles me). They lie not to make people feel better, but to trick them into willingly giving up animals to them. If they said "Give us your cats and dogs so we can kill them", people wouldn't take anything to them.

And even though the circus does abuse their animals, does PETA really have to send out models to strip naked to "liberate" the animals?

PETA has a long history of sexist, demeaning things using women as objects to get their points across.

So, not only do they not give two censorkip.gif s about animals, they treat women as objects to advertise their lies!

IIRC, don't they have/didn't they at one point have ties to a domestic terrorist group? Like, donating money or somethign? Also they have been known to stage cruelty to make their propaganda--I think, anyway. Not sure how far that extends, or if it's true, though. I just recall hearing it.

Wouldn't surprise me, though. This didn't surprise me when I heard about it last night. It's PETA. They're nasty hyppocrites who don't understand how censorkip.gif ed up they are. It pisses me off to no end, but I don't find it unexpected...

I just...

I feel bad for so many people who are involved with them. A lot of them donate or help out not realizing what PETA actually does and honestly think that they're giving up animals to help them find a home, or that they're supporting a good cause--not mass-killing, hypocritical peopel.

I'm not sure what sickens me the most about PETA.

My stepmom is a huge animal lover, she donates to wildlife funds, shelters, and in the past, PETA. Like many, she only wanted to help poor little animals find homes, not, y'know, get murdered.

You know the Westminster dog show? How the winner died? It's because PETA put rat poison in the dogs' crates. That's not even the first dog show they went for, they once released all the dogs at a show, one was hit by a car and died slowly, while another was never found. Another time they released weasels from a fur farm, and the already feral animals destroyed the nearby ecosystem. What the censorkip.gif PETA.

And for anybody thinking of playing Pokemon Black and Blue, don't. I played it once, just to see what it was, and the hypocrisy was sickening! I mean, the game is about poor little Pikachu and his new friends escaping the mean, abusive humans and living free. Keyword:living. censorkip.gifcensorkip.gif!

Why would they even release the weasels to the wild? Why not to an AZA-accredited zoo or animal sanctuary. Cuz' they're downright STUPID.

Why would they even release the weasels to the wild? Why not to an AZA-accredited zoo or animal sanctuary. Cuz' they're downright STUPID.

Because in a zoo they're still captive, and PETA doesn't like that. :|

I honestly came to this topic because I THOUGHT it meant members from PETA were killed in a mass slaughter.

What this topic was REALLY about is much, much worse, in my own opinion.

And for anybody thinking of playing Pokemon Black and Blue, don't. I played it once, just to see what it was, and the hypocrisy was sickening! I mean, the game is about poor little Pikachu and his new friends escaping the mean, abusive humans and living free. Keyword:living. censorkip.gifcensorkip.gif!

Honestly, I found Pokemon Black and Blue to be hilarious.

It just showcased how little PETA actually knows about anything that they're parodying, and as a long-time fan of the games and a fan of the older anime stuff, it just made me laugh how stupid it was.

It just proved to me, once again, that they're just jumping on whatever they possibly can to promote their idiocy.

If they said "Give us your cats and dogs so we can kill them", people wouldn't take anything to them.

Adding to the above:

A mother cat and her two kittens, all perfectly healthy and adoptable and none in danger of being killed until they were given to PETA by a veterinarian who was trying to find them homes and was told by PETA employees that they would have no problem adopting them out. After PETA lied to him and the mother and her kittens were entrusted to their care, they reportedly killed them, within minutes

There are just no words to describe how horrible PETA is in my mind.

I knew PETA had its messed up moments, but most of this stuff I didn't know about. Thank you for putting it out there.

Pokémon: Black and Blue was sickening. The 'reward video' you get after the first battle literally made me nauseous. I couldn't eat or sleep for several days. I understand wanting to spread awareness, but they shouldn't be allowed to show things like that. The cat in it... I still don't know what they were doing to it, but it haunts me just the same.

Not only this, but, if they're just hypocrites who kill the animals anyway, how is it any different than the farmers who kill them for food? At least the animal isn't going to waste; the meat gets eaten, and the other bits get used for things like pet food and whatnot. Why point out the slaughterhouses when even worse cruelty is going on withiin their own walls?

Reading some of the links given on the website linked, I see that in certain cases the summaries on the WhyPETAKills site are a little bit overexaggerated, and in other situations it's the staff rather than the higher-ups who are doing the abusing - granted, in several cases it's stated that those staffers who were abusing the animals were not even suspended, so the CEOs and whatnot are still at fault.

Others misquote the material they link to entirely, taking what's said out of context and twisting it to make it look worse for PETA. Just the same, the vast majority seem legitimate. It's really sad that they get so many donations only for them to be used for marketing schemes and sending out gifts to organizations that decide it's a good idea to kill animals. They're horrible people.

Just the same, I'd like to keep the faith that there aren't people who are quite that big of d-bags out there. Perhaps PETA is actually some sort of government countermeasure for overpopulation. We don't know what really goes on behind the scenes. Humans are way more overpopulated than animals, though - why don't we have a PETA for people?

Ok, I'm speechless. :| I couldn't read no more after that one paragraph about puppies and kittens found in the garbage bin.

I kept hearing about PETA over the internet and never really cared about them, personally. If they claim to care so much about animals, why kill them? mad.gif Just leave them be and be convincing about your actions and encourage people to give them a home.

I seriously don't see their point in existing... err... they were just put there for us to discover what pieces of dirt they are and we finally do!

Seriously? dry.gifsad.gifPuppies and kittens?! I'm gonna cry.

Why don't we have a PETA for people?

because that would be inhumane.

I knew PETA had its messed up moments, but most of this stuff I didn't know about. Thank you for putting it out there.

You're very welcome. wink.gif

Best part? Go to PETA's Facebook page and you see people scrambling about to defend PETA religiously after this news post.

Went there apparently some people are posting questions and links to the article, and PETA is deleting them.

As I said over on the video game post about PETA I just become a little happier when PETA finds a way to shoot themselves in the foot or Karma from killing animals that don't deserve it.

Still hate them for letting dogs out of their Kennels at a dog show only for them to get hit by cars on a nearby thruway or becoming lost. If a PETA person tries to convert me they have another thing coming to them.

I also remember them being outside a circus with a TV showing videos of and elephant that was going rampant being shot saying that it was cruel. Though personally I am not a huge fan of circuses and I can understand that viewpoint in a way. I just went because my little cousin wanted to go though, But there is a stadium full of people and an angry elephant running around instead of people dying CHILDEREN at that I would rather have the elephant put down. Also Why would you have a video like that showing around CHILDEREN that want to see the magic from a circus.

Ok I better stop ranting now.