jellyscent

CB Metals everywhere!

I've been wondering about that myself. Is it a better strategy to go from Biome to Biome, hoping to catch the Rare on a pop-in? Or is it better to sit your butt down in one Biome for the entire ten minutes?

I've been wondering about that myself. Is it a better strategy to go from Biome to Biome, hoping to catch the Rare on a pop-in? Or is it better to sit your butt down in one Biome for the entire ten minutes?

Seems to be either for me, got my CB Gold and a CB Silver by biome hopping...got 2 CB Silvers by sitting my bottom down in one biome each time.

Missed at least 40 by doing either strategy. xd.png

Edited by Dubious

normally I go biome hopping unless I see a ridewing or red/pink/non blocker in a biome, then I stay there. This strategy got me a CB Gold and meanwhile 3 CB Silvers wink.gif

I tried to refresh on only one biome, but its loads too slow, it has white screen for like 2 minutes before loading. That is just sort of starting to.. tick me off..

I know my internet is slow but really? ): By the time its finished loading the drop will be over.

So i just biome hop, still slow but can hunt in the least.

): havent seen a single metal all day. I think im just going to give up..

Edited by suskekun222

I biome hop.

I hopped right over a CB Silver in the desert. laugh.gif

Think of this roleplay wise. I'm just magically teleporting all over the place. By the time I get to the forest I'm like, Oh, there was a Cb Silver in the desert, and trek back. Well, it's long gone. xd.png

Stole another silver from Desert.

I fear for the drought that is to come...

Same. D:

Just looked at 42s scroll. I think Im going to quit, looking at this thread and seeing people with 5 or 6 CB metals makes me want to scream, "Please stop grabbing them so the wealth can be shared!" There is nothing I can offer anyone for a CB gold, or a Shimmerscale and I have been playing for three years. But thats selfish, and this is a game. Maybe I am getting too emotionally involved now. You guys fear the drought coming but those with 2 silvers total on our scroll fear it more.

I'm a selfish person?

You obviously don't know me.

I was actually possibly going to gift one of them off later, but that's obviously very selfish of me.

Just looked at 42s scroll. I think Im going to quit, looking at this thread and seeing people with 5 or 6 CB metals makes me want to scream, "Please stop grabbing them so the wealth can be shared!" There is nothing I can offer anyone for a CB gold, or a Shimmerscale and I have been playing for three years. But thats selfish, and this is a game. Maybe I am getting too emotionally involved now. You guys fear the drought coming but those with 2 silvers total on our scroll fear it more.

I don't fear the drought at all, it won't change a thing for me. I couldn't catch a rare if it was raining them and there was no one else online.

I noticed in the last drop that everyone's haunting the alpine. Expecting something good there people? wink.gif

I meant me saying that was selfish, thats why I said the but and that its a game lol. Not in reference to you

Edited by Katykins2

I think Im going to quit, looking at this thread and seeing people with 5 or 6 CB metals makes me want to scream, "Please stop grabbing them so the wealth can be shared!" There is nothing I can offer anyone for a CB gold, or a Shimmerscale and I have been playing for three years. But thats selfish, and this is a game. Maybe I am getting too emotionally involved now. You guys fear the drought coming but those with 2 silvers total on our scroll fear it more.

Oh, this. I am still sore over the overburdened message on a CB Gold (check a few posts back) and have been here for literally every single drop. Having to do this on an iPad makes it harder, with Wifi that randomly disconnects, lag during the hour drop and inadvertently dragging the screen instead of clicking. I just don't know how some people can have a scroll full of CB Metals... >_<

Also, I checked in on the forums, saw the tile of the thread on the main board and for some reason my brain just went 'CB Metal click click click!' A reflex click, basically. .-.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Same ;-;

Rats.

Never thought I'd be saying that after having snagged a CB Black and a Winter. Reflex clicks. And before this goodie flood had had a difficult time getting them.

Didn't see even a whisker of a Metal.

I get everyone's frustrations at the CB situation, but you have to remember Dragon Cave's game design. Dragons are assigned arbitrary rarity (I say arbitrary because spriters work hard on all the dragon sprites), which in turn creates a value system. And on top of that, no one on Dragon Cave is entitled to any dragons; there are no rules that say one user deserves a dragon more for any reasons. No one is obligated to share anything, not even the CB metals.

And really, if this game is upsetting you that much, it may be time to step back.

Edited by Noxion

Just looked at 42s scroll. I think Im going to quit,

The secret is to not look at 42's scroll, I made that mistake once and was immediately blinded with the reflective gleam off of what seemed like hundreds of CB Metals and 2nd gen tinsels. xd.png It's like Aladdin's cave in there.

Yes I agree it can get disheartening, some people just excel at the game while the rest of us are left floundering about. But them's the breaks and in the end we get by better if we take pride and joy in our own achievements, rather then measuring ourselves by other's achievements.

Edited by Dubious

I'm a selfish person?

You obviously don't know me.

I was actually possibly going to gift one of them off later, but that's obviously very selfish of me.

I just looked at 42s scroll too and all I can think is how beautiful that Shimmer is. lol. It's the nature of any game, Katykins, that some will have an easier time with it than others. That doesn't mean there's no hope for the rest of us. Just set yourself different goals and remember that not everyone here is looking for the same thing. I got my best Tinsel because I'm okay with getting common hatchies for people and I happened onto a Shimmer list for the same reason. Like everyone, I want CB metals, but I'll be okay if I catch none. I have enough to keep me busy, building beautiful lineages and such. Besides, this metal rush has gotten me another CB Ice, Black and a couple CB Stripes. smile.gif

The secret is to not look at 42's scroll, I made that mistake once and was immediately blinded with the reflective gleam off of what seemed like hundreds of CB Metals and 2nd gen tinsels. xd.png It's like Aladdin's cave.

Yes I agree it can get disheartening, some people just excel at the game while the rest of us are left floundering about. But them's the breaks and in the end we get by better if we take pride and joy in our own smaller acheivements, rather then measuring ourselves by other's acheivements.

Yes, my advice, don't look or your eyes will squint up! I think I'm going to breed an epic even gen cool something just to make myself feel better

So from how I interpret this, you're saying I'm greedy because I have 5 CB metals? Okay, let's go through this, shall we? My first CB Gold I lucked upon in the forest only two months after I joined. My second and third CB metals were both gifts from some very kind people. The last two I traded for because I happened to have what the people wanted, which I usually don't have.

Obviously, if I, and probably a decent amount of other people have been gifted CB Metals, everyone who catches/can trade for them is not greedy. Just because you haven't been gifted one doesn't mean everyone is really greedy and never shares anything.

Even people who have a lot of CB Metals work for them(unless you're 42, who is just a CB metal magnet lol). Usually people who make NDs have lots of CB Metals. They work quite hard for it, by sacrificing their scroll space for a whole 6-7 days, and there is still a decent chance the experiment will fail. Contrary to popular belief, its not that hard to get a 2nd gen Shimmerscale without having a CB Gold/Silver/ND. If you have one of those, there are plenty of people willing to trade a CB metal for a third gen.

So no, not everyone is just "grabbing the wealth" and not sharing it.

Edited by Erica8798

Dubious: nicely said.

Just bred myself 2 geodes fo rmy project (had 2 refusels and i thought they boykott me too)

happy - still i am jealous...

I get everyone's frustrations at the CB situation, but you have to remember Dragon Cave's game design. Dragons are assigned arbitrary rarity (I say arbitrary because spriters work hard on all the dragon sprites), which in turn creates a value system. And on top of that, no one on Dragon Cave is entitled to any dragons; there are no rules that say one user deserves a dragon more for any reasons. No one is obligated to share anything, not even the CB metals.

And really, if this game is upsetting you that much, it may be time to step back.

Very true. I just think the system that gives out these rares should and could be made more far in a way. As it is now people with slow connections or who have physical disabilities that prevent them from clicking lighting fast have not a snowballs chance in Hades of ever getting a CB metal. And with trading as it currently is their chances of trading for one is nil as well.

No matter who you are that's going to be upsetting. Yes it is a game but when not everyone has the same chances of obtaining things it makes the game suck for some because they don't have the options the other people do. I am sure some of these people would LOVE to build lineages with golds and silvers just as much as those with 20 or more metals on their scrolls. The only difference is they are not given the same opportunity to.

The CB metals go to those with the fastest connection and reflexes and sometimes the person that happens to be in the right spot at the right time. I just think there HAS to be a better way to do things is all. -shrugs-

Most people come to this game for the reason that it's an escape from RL. At least that's why I come here. But you're right when the game starts to become more stressful then fun it's probably time to step back and take a hiatus. You can always come back and feel the same disappointment when you are in a better state of mind to deal with it. I do that sometimes tongue.gif

The secret is to not look at 42's scroll, I made that mistake once and was immediately blinded with the reflective gleam off of what seemed like hundreds of CB Metals and 2nd gen tinsels. xd.png It's like Aladdin's cave in there.

Really? I enjoy it, it's so shiny! I'm just crazy.

Okay, sometimes I do want to sulk (especially when I see the rares and miss them), but it's just a game.

So from how I interpret this,

Katykins2 called herself selfish, not the people who have CB metals.

Just looked at 42s scroll. I think Im going to quit

I've looked at his scroll too and like you, I was enraged... at first. But then I realized that the anger I felt towards him was really just disappointment in myself and my comparitively low skill at grabbing rares, that I was unfairly redirecting towards someone else. In the end I think it actually strengthened my resolve to try harder, and look at me now—just a few days ago I got my first ever CB Gold! biggrin.gif So I'd actually kinda like to thank 42 right before I punch him and steal all his dragons. :3

Edited by Engiype

So from how I interpret this, you're saying I'm greedy because I have 5 CB metals? Okay, let's go through this, shall we? My first CB Gold I lucked upon in the forest only two months after I joined. My second and third CB metals were both gifts from some very kind people. The last two I traded for because I happened to have what the people wanted, which I usually don't have.

Obviously, if I, and probably a decent amount of other people have been gifted CB Metals, everyone who catches/can trade for them is not greedy. Just because you haven't been gifted one doesn't mean everyone is really greedy and never shares anything.

Even people who have a lot of CB Metals work for them(unless you're 42, who is just a CB metal magnet lol). Usually people who make NDs have lots of CB Metals. They work quite hard for it, by sacrificing their scroll space for a whole 6-7 days, and there is still a decent chance the experiment will fail. Contrary to popular belief, its not that hard to get a 2nd gen Shimmerscale without having a CB Gold/Silver/ND. If you have one of those, there are plenty of people willing to trade a CB metal for a third gen.

So no, not everyone is just "grabbing the wealth" and not sharing it.

Oh dear this is getting out of hand. I edited my post to make it clearer and responded to 42. I agree with you on all counts! My first metal was a wonderful gift from someone who is good at this game. If you look back, my post states that if I said this then I would be being selfish and too worried about the game. I did not mean to pick on 42 who has a scroll that TJ might even be jealous of. It is beautiful and I am glad they have every last shiny. I apologize for letting my green little man-voiced Helga jealousy woman peek through and will delete the post if that will abate the confusion. To state plainly, I am a greedy girl and wish I had caught a CB metal. I have been trying for years just like everyone else here. If you have one then I congratulate you and wish you lots of years of breeding and sharing the shiny love, and that is especial for 42.