jellyscent

CB Metals everywhere!

It shouldn't be fixed, in my opinion.

Nox to answer your question because this is the ONLY shot any of us without prize dragons will EVER have at obtaining a Cb silver or gold that's why.

Look at what EVERYONE with CB silvers and golds wants. -points to metallic trade thread-

2nd gen tinsels or shimmers. NO other offers. So yeah those of us who don't have such wealth to give them as a trade have zero chance at all of getting any Cb metals for our own scrolls and lineages unless we somehow catch them. Which is why I am stalking the cave every hourly drop even though as of yet it has proven fruitless. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Reidragon

Was upset because I missed a CB Silver in the forest... right after that I clicked on the Volcano and I got my first CB Gold! laugh.gif Now I'm egglocked, with two of my eggies being my first CB Gold and Silver! Hopefully I get more room soon!

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

But... okay. Let's step back a bit.

One, that's not true, as many people without prize dragons have CB metals.

Two, people want a lot of things (including CB metals), but not everyone will get them. And that's not just limited to the CB metals, either.

Was upset because I missed a CB Silver in the forest... right after that I clicked on the Volcano and I got my first CB Gold! laugh.gif Now I'm egglocked, with two of my eggies being my first CB Gold and Silver! Hopefully I get more room soon!

Grats Maggie! I saw it and missed it. Glad you got one <3 Maybe sometime today I'll manage one as well rolleyes.gif You never know lol. Even though right now I am not holding out much hope ><!

Grats Maggie! I saw it and missed it. Glad you got one <3 Maybe sometime today I'll manage one as well rolleyes.gif You never know lol. Even though right now I am not holding out much hope ><!

Thanks. If things keep going like this, I hope others with few or none get some as well.

But... okay. Let's step back a bit.

One, that's not true, as many people without prize dragons have CB metals.

Two, people want a lot of things (including CB metals), but not everyone will get them. And that's not just limited to the CB metals, either.

Oh I understand. LOL

I'm not saying only people with CB prizes have metals. I'm saying currently that's all ANYONE with a Cb metal is asking for. I have not seen one trade request in the past month for a Cb metal that has asked for anything other then 2nd gen Tinsel or 2nd gen shimmer in return.

Metals started dropping more than usual (actually more than now) around the 2nd week of January. The numbers decreased around the end of January and increased again one week, ten days ago.

If that was a glitch wouldn't TJ notice and fix?

An increase in breeding is normal, due to the readjustment of ratios. Such a drop? That's not usual at all. Metallics are supposed to be very rare.

I hope I'm wrong but this is very odd.

@Noxion , almost everyone wants shimmerscale+cb metallics, but with this opportunity, we can fill our scrolls with shiny stuff.

@Reidragon, i agree

Oh I understand. LOL

I'm not saying only people with CB prizes have metals. I'm saying currently that's all ANYONE with a Cb metal is asking for. I have not seen one trade request in the past month for a Cb metal that has asked for anything other then 2nd gen Tinsel or 2nd gen shimmer in return.

Which I find abnormal since I usually always see Cb Metals offered for CB NDs, and the other way around.

Anyways, I have a question for those everyday-all day cave stalkers; does it seem like the number of CB Metals are increasing or decreasing?

Oh I understand. LOL

Fair enough. But honestly, the Shimmerscale craze will die down. People are panicking now, but trading will even out eventually.

I'm just a little mystified by the "but look at shimmers being traded for CB metals!!!! what about the rest of us??" It isn't as if CB metals weren't already being traded for exorbitant rates before.

Nox to answer your question because this is the ONLY shot any of us without prize dragons will EVER have at obtaining a Cb silver or gold that's why.

Look at what EVERYONE with CB silvers and golds wants. -points to metallic trade thread-

2nd gen tinsels or shimmers. NO other offers. So yeah those of us who don't have such wealth to give them as a trade have zero chance at all of getting any Cb metals for our own scrolls and lineages unless we somehow catch them. Which is why I am stalking the cave every hourly drop even though as of yet it has proven fruitless.  rolleyes.gif

Exactly. I read a comment about the value of the metals decreasing. Judging from posts offering 4/6 CB metals for a Shimmer, shouldn't we think that the value decreased already?

And people that do not have metals should have a chance at getting some. I'm grateful for the "glitch"...

Fair enough. But honestly, the Shimmerscale craze will die down. People are panicking now, but trading will even out eventually.

I'm just a little mystified by the "but look at shimmers being traded for CB metals!!!! what about the rest of us??" It isn't as if CB metals weren't already being traded for exorbitant rates before.

They were traded for CB NDs which everyone can make, high number of hatchies, combined higher gen metalics, and lowish tinsels. That's a bit bigger pool of options then the one that we have right now.

I was going to participate in that last top-of-the-hour drop, but the Lagmonster is attacking my school. The wifi's failing... sad.gif

It has taken me 10 minutes to get this posted. Lets not mention loading eggs.

It probably helps that the biomes are actually emptying versus staying still. I looked the other night and Alpine, Forest, Desert and Volcano were all picked bare.

Oh yes. of course they were!

But there was a time for awhile when you could trade about an iou of 8 to 10 common hatchlings like reds ect for a single Cb metal egg if you were lucky. Anymore that's totally impossible. So those of us who don't have the ability to produce low lined shimmers or tinsels kinda get stuck with the 'pffffft! You have nothing I want.' answer from the Cb metal traders even when we try to politely ask if there is anything else they would be willing to accept.

Believe me I tried >< I think that is where the frustration comes in. My first ever Cb silver I was able to trade for an iou of 8 Cb red hatchies. If I tried that now I'd get laughed at xd.png!

Edited by Reidragon

Anyways, I have a question for those everyday-all day cave stalkers; does it seem like the number of CB Metals are increasing or decreasing?

They seem to be decreasing. Since I'm scroll-locked I've been watching. Before I could count 4 or 5 rares (i.e. Ices) before seeing a metal. Now is more around 8 or 9. It is possible that I'm wrong, sometimes I blink smile.gif

Exactly. I read a comment about the value of the metals decreasing. Judging from posts offering 4/6 CB metals for a Shimmer, shouldn't we think that the value decreased already?

And people that do not have metals should have a chance at getting some. I'm grateful for the "glitch"...

AGREED

My first ever Cb silver I was able to trade for an iou of 8 Cb red hatchies. If I tried that now I'd get laughed at xd.png!

At least you DID have a successful trade of a CB silver with a reasonable number of CB common hatchies. I have no such luck since I started. I had offered multiple number of CB trios + CB blacks + CB striped (mix of eggs and hatchies) for ONE CB metal. Either PMs were unanswered or replied with a "no thanks" or zero offer to my trade.

My younger cousin caught 3 pairs of CB trios (3 each so total of 6) and wanted to trade for CB metal. I told him to forget about it because his trade will just be ignored ... sad.gif

This whole 2G shimmer only situation is so discouraging. I just want to do some normal trade ... I feel like it is useless to post any trade without CB metal at the moment and because I have none to offer, I almost feel like I don't fit in the trade forum anymore.

Believe me I tried >< I think that is where the frustration comes in. My first ever Cb silver I was able to trade for an iou of 8 Cb red hatchies. If I tried that now I'd get laughed at xd.png!

I understand your frustration totally, Reidragon.

In the more than four years im playing I was able to catch three cb silvers. That's what other players catch in a day at the moment. With my (normal) internet speed and my old computer I'm still not able to catch cb metallics even with the increased drops. That's sad, but that's not the fault of other players. So I blame only Lady Luck.

When the metallics bred so well over the last weeks I tried to bundle up nice 3rd, 4th and 5th gen silver and golds to trade for a cb gold. No chance.

I'm glad that the metallics drop so often at the moment and maybe Lady Luck will be with me one day. Seeing all those trades with multiple cb shinies for prize dragon offspring ... and I don't want a cb gold to trade for something else; all I wish for is one for my scroll. And I would be so happy if I'd be able to catch it myself. wink.gif

Good hunting everyone!

Even when they are apparently "everywhere" I can't seem to catch /one/ laugh.gif

In my 4 years here, I've never caught one CB Silver or Gold, so some of you should think yourselves lucky tongue.gif.

Edited by TheGrox

In my 4 years here, I've never caught one CB Silver, so some of you should think yourselves lucky tongue.gif.

biggrin.gif You're right. *considers herself lucky*

Even when they are apparently "everywhere" I can't seem to catch /one/ laugh.gif

Agree!! We must be looking at the wrong place at the wrong time ...

Or is there a secret metal-only DC that we don't know about? blink.gif

Edited by salmonbaby