jellyscent

CB Metals everywhere!

If I get any more when I am not egg locked, I might start gifting some. It makes me super happy to have some, finally. It felt so good to get that code page each time. biggrin.gif

In my 4 years here, I've never caught one CB Silver, so some of you should think yourselves lucky tongue.gif.

Highfive, mate! I've been here for almost four and I don't have a single CB metallic, nor trios.

My internet is really bad, so I blame it. And I'm also kind of very slow. But I think that if someone is getting stressed out or frustated for not catching CB rares, I think he/she is missing the point of the game, which is having fun. So I don't really mind. smile.gif

Is it wierd that I got my 2 CB metals from last year at the same time the metal boom is this year? Or is this just an every year thing?

At least you DID have a successful trade of a CB silver with a reasonable number of CB common hatchies. I have no such luck since I started. I had offered multiple number of CB trios + CB blacks + CB striped (mix of eggs and hatchies) for ONE CB metal. Either PMs were unanswered or replied with a "no thanks" or zero offer to my trade.

My younger cousin caught 3 pairs of CB trios (3 each so total of 6) and wanted to trade for CB metal. I told him to forget about it because his trade will just be ignored ... sad.gif

This whole 2G shimmer only situation is so discouraging. I just want to do some normal trade ... I feel like it is useless to post any trade without CB metal at the moment and because I have none to offer, I almost feel like I don't fit in the trade forum anymore.

I so know the feeling Salmon believe me. That's why I wish that users would not drive up the 'worth' of such things so much. sad.gif It makes it impossible for what I now tend to jokingly refer to as us "commoners" xd.png

But sadly something like that would be impossible to change at this point I think. Not unless EVERYONE stopped paying or trading such high prices and that will never happen. -shrugs- All we can really do is HOPE we catch some lucky break ;D

maybe Lady Luck will be with me one day.

Lady Luck? She finally decided to join me a few weeks ago. laugh.gif

Took long enough to get her. Been here five years and only had 2 cb metals on my scroll until recently.

I haven't seen many CB's in the drops today, but I keep hearing about them so I know that they are there. They seem to switch to whatever biome I am not in. As for the Alpine...HA! Not a chance i could catch anything in there with 70 odd people hunting. It moves so fast it confuses me. xd.png

I've not seen any, I've only been able to breed my Silvers a bit more successfully... I really wish I could get a CB Gold, though. I've needed one for a lineage for almost 3 years... sleep.gif

In my 4 years here, I've never caught one CB Silver, so some of you should think yourselves lucky tongue.gif.

Gotcha beat. Been here since '08, never been able to catch a CB Metal.

I so know the feeling Salmon believe me. That's why I wish that users would not drive up the 'worth' of such things so much. sad.gif It makes it impossible for what I now tend to jokingly refer to as us "commoners" xd.png

But sadly something like that would be impossible to change at this point I think. Not unless EVERYONE stopped paying or trading such high prices and that will never happen. -shrugs- All we can really do is HOPE we catch some lucky break ;D

At this point, I'm just concentrating on my breeding projectS. wink.gif I'll still try my luck with CB metal but since I can't attack each hourly drop every day, I won't be surprised when I walk out of the metal dropping season with no egg in my basket. LOL

Anyhow, congratz to all those who have caught metals so far. I hope some 2G/3G metal trades will surface later. smile.gif

Do you think this dropping ratio is decreasing?

I'm not seeing too much cb metals now

It might be. I only saw one CB silver that drop but I was also flitting between biomes so it is possible I missed a few xP

I never caught a CB metal myself. tongue.gif

Only one I got I traded for a tinsel back when they weren't so common. I didn't even put up a trade or anything. I got the tinsel gifted by some very kind person and someone else who must have lurked at my scroll offered a CB tinsel for the first baby. It was loads of luck.

The messy lineaged silver I got was an AP catch, and the others were gifted and bred.

Both golds, one was a gift, the other was traded for. I don't mind that their lineages are not impressive or CB or anything, they made me happy anyways smile.gif

I'd love to snag a couple of CB gold tho, but this last drop I did manage to get a white which, to be honest, will be more useful for me in the future than CB golds. I'll lurk when I'm not unlocked but it is more probable I'll load myself with whites and terraes xd.png

Gotcha beat. Been here since '08, never been able to catch a CB Metal.

I hear ya...I've been here since '08 and I'm doing slightly better with a whopping ONE CB metal. LOL! I keep trying to hunt for more during this boom...but, you know...work. Pfft! xd.png

OMG, have you guys seen the wall of mints in the AP? O_O

Seems like people are making space to snag the metals. I haven't read the whole topic but some of you mentioned the AP being empty. To be honest, I haven't seen it empty in days, and I'm a bit bummed by it (hunting for terraes).

OMG, have you guys seen the wall of mints in the AP? O_O

Seems like people are making space to snag the metals. I haven't read the whole topic but some of you mentioned the AP being empty. To be honest, I haven't seen it empty in days, and I'm a bit bummed by it (hunting for terraes).

No, 42's just breeding all of his mints again. ^^;;

No, 42's just breeding all of his mints again. ^^;;

LOL the peppermint effect I guess xd.png!

LOL the peppermint effect I guess xd.png!

We'll be gargling mouthwash for hours. xd.png

The perceived increase in CB metals in the cave is clearly affecting the number of people hunting (or perhaps vice versa?).

So... those of you who are hunting, do you think it's more likely that you're willing to pick up an egg to help move it along, or are you still reluctant to waste slots on commons?

So... those of you who are hunting, do you think it's more likely that you're willing to pick up an egg to help move it along, or are you still reluctant to waste slots on commons?

For me I'm More then willing to pick up a common or two to move it along xd.png Even though it doesn't seem to help most times tongue.gif

I rarely pick up random eggs to 'help the biome move'. I generally only hunt for what I need and I don't like to 'waste slots' on a blocker that I really don't want.

I'm not hunting at the moment because I'm egglocked for on a current trade. However, my 2 friends have been hunting and they are picking up commons on the go. One picked up an electric, a couple royal blue and a lucky ice so far.

I admit I'm not very keen on holding commons I don't need only to move the biome. But I do pick commons most people don't want anyways, like terraes, which used to block the forest, so indirectly I'm helping tongue.gif

I saw the 4 biomes emptying before this thread was posted, when it was 30ish users. So I'd say the extra 40 are probably not making too much of a difference.

When I got enough egg slots open I sometimes (not always) pick up commons or so called cave-blockers to keep the drop going.