brairtrainer

Dragcave Maths

Yes, I think the number of Reds needed should be recalculated as well. I *know* I'm over 50, and I've almost run out!

Well the math is right. It's just that it requires all the eggs to be CB or starting at 7 days. Since the entire AP is incu-hatchable right now, you'd need a lot more Reds to never run out, because the limit would be the entire growing dragon limit, not just the egg limit.

Come to think of it, that might be fun to figure out later.

^even more if you take into account the freezing limit.

Whoo, going to need to build up my red army.

If the conditions really are exactly as you described them and there is never any trouble getting an egg of any given breed exactly when you need it, then each of those side scrolls should take just as long as a normal scroll to reach a gold trophy, even with all of them going simultaneously.

Darn. xd.png

Hmm... What about the time it would take for all the dragons in the Completed Dragons Progress List to be released if 2 dragons were released monthly? And then the time it would take if 10 dragons were released annually?

Darn. xd.png

Hmm... What about the time it would take for all the dragons in the Completed Dragons Progress List to be released if 2 dragons were released monthly? And then the time it would take if 10 dragons were released annually?

Well, assuming I counted them correctly:

I counted 470 dragons in the list. I counted different colors and alts together as one (e.g. all the Colibri colors were counted as one release), I also counted other variation on the same dragon as one (e.g. Celestial Imitators - Day and Night were counted as one release).

So 470 dragons released monthly two at a time. That is 235 months, or 19 years and seven months altogether. So, wow, that will take a long time!

Ten annually, just divide by ten so 47 years. (Even longer!)

I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but how many dragons would you need to make an even-gen lineage of all the dragons currently released into the cave, in alphabetical order? And how many generations would it take?

By alphabetical, I mean across the CB generation. Like, Albino x Arsani, then Balloon x Black, then Black Marrow x Blusang, etc. Then the offspring of each CB pairing breed, so the offspring of AlbinoxArsani breeds with the offspring of BalloonxBlack, and so on.

Limiting factors are dragon species that can breed with one another, and single-gendered holiday dragons that can fit alphabetically.

Is it possible? blink.gif

I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but how many dragons would you need to make an even-gen lineage of all the dragons currently released into the cave, in alphabetical order? And how many generations would it take?

By alphabetical, I mean across the CB generation. Like, Albino x Arsani, then Balloon x Black, then Black Marrow x Blusang, etc. Then the offspring of each CB pairing breed, so the offspring of AlbinoxArsani breeds with the offspring of BalloonxBlack, and so on.

Limiting factors are dragon species that can breed with one another, and single-gendered holiday dragons that can fit alphabetically.

Is it possible?  blink.gif

In my estimate, I'm tossing out the breeds that can only breed with its own kind, breedable-only(due to the first gen being, you know, CB.), and obviously unbreedables.

Some I may be different on..

Ex. I will be using all four types of seasonals, but only one Nebula to represent all colors of the breed. White Stripe only as the other colors are breedable-only. Other stuff, ask it if you want to know xd.png

I've counted 91 possible breeds that can take part in the first generation. First of all, we need an even number for an even gen. The last breed, Yulebucks, has got to go. 90 dragons. Now, I'm going to make sure all of the single-gendered dragons can still fit.

Snow Angels, Alternate Sweetlings(Yes, I am counting all user-obtainable/obtained alternates.), Valentine's(09), and Winter Magis have to be cut out. This leaves 86 dragons.

Even gen will have to double on each generation. The closest we can get to our amount of dragons without straying from a perfect even-gen or going over our amount is 64. We can cut from the front of the line or the back, I'm going from the back. This'll get rid of Spitfires through Wrapping-Wings.

So, to answer your questions;

1. How many dragons would you need to make an even-gen lineage of all the dragons currently released into the cave, in alphabetical order?

A: Not possible with all of the dragons, but the closest is 64 on the first generation. This will end up with 127 dragons total when the last generation is bred.

2. How many generations would it take?

A: Even if we could use the original amount of 91, breeding them all in an even-gen style format(not quite sure how that'd work out) will still yield only seven generations.

Now, I'm utterly horrible at math. This seemed like a fairly simple question, hence why I answered, but I think it might be useful if someone else checked it, too. xd.png

If you wanted to include only commons (so leaving out trios, breed-only, alts, metallics, tins, shimmers, and holidays) you'd need 69 base dragons. That's assuming you don't worry about getting both dimorphic sprites, but do use all the nebulas and seasonals.

Then there's three tins, three shimmers, three halloween (Pumpkins only breed with pygmies), five Xmas, five Vals, two metallics, four breed-only, and three alts. So 27 more dragons.

So the total would be 103 dragons.

Yes, I'm working on a lineage project so I can figure it out. The scarier thing is to figure out how long it takes, even with a gold trophy, to complete a lineage like this. Months!

edited to add more info:

So I'm working on one that uses 72 different dragons (with certain dimorphic sprites)

So the bracket looks a bit like this:

72>36>18>9*>4>2>1

That adds up to a total of 142 dragons. If you have no refusals or misbreeds!

*need a few more for a perfect line up, but I know TJ said we'll be getting more new dragons this year!

Edited by mstigerlily

Actually, in a weird way that answered a different question I was thinking about for creating an even generation project. So thank you for that xd.png Now I know what my target number is.

Math hurts.

popping into say I tried to answer the 1337 generation question and it produced an error on the calculator. I have stated this also in my reserved post.

On the topic of Red dragons required to never run out of the BSA Incubate, I did a bit of (terrible) maths and I think I may have come up with a number. I wanted to find this out for myself, though I figured I might as well share, even if it's not completely correct (I am very sorry if the number is completely different from the actual amount needed).

Taking into account incuhatchable eggs from the AP which are usually around 4D14H, with a gold trophy. We'll say you catch-incubate-hatch your fill of egg/hatchling slots in one day. Therefore;

(3 x 7) = x 1 = 21

We'll say it takes you one day to collect/hatch the eggs and it takes three days for hatchlings to mature. Therefore;

1 + 3 = 4

So in four days, you raise twenty one dragons. Now, as the cooldown for Incubate is fourteen days, a number which results in a decimal percentage if divided by four, we'll raise the cooldown of Incubate to sixteen days. This is to save my head, not necessarily to overkill on the number of Red dragons. Therefore,

16 / 4 = 4

This means you complete four rotations of catch-incubate-hatch in a sixteen day period. Now, in order to get the number of Red dragons we require, we'll need to multiply the number of Incubates required for one catch-incubate-hatch period by the number of rotations we can perform in a sixteen day period, which is four. Therefore,

21 x 4 = 84

This does not take into account freezing or gifting incubated hatchlings, which would increase the number of Red dragons required by sixteen every sixteen days, just with freezing the hatchlings. In total, with freezing sixteen hatchlings and raising eighty four, the minimum number of Red dragons needed per sixteen day period is one hundred. For the record I rounded the freeze cooldown up to sixteen days as well!

I welcome anyone to correct me or provide more exact calculations, as I took the easy route; by rounding things up. Ultimately, you'll need a small army of (100 or more) Red dragons to efficiently raise incu-hatchable eggs to adults. By that calculation, I'll need another 56-72 Reds myself, the former being the number if I don't freeze hatchlings. That's a lot of Reds.

Then I tried calculating how long it'll take to get 100 Red dragons, then 100 Male Pinks and finally 100 Female Pinks. It's something like four months of work with the right breeding conditions. Not even going to bother with writing those calculations down, they're all over the place, though you will definitely need the Reds first. xd.png

Edited by VampiricOmen

I welcome anyone to correct me or provide more exact calculations, as I took the easy route; by rounding things up. Ultimately, you'll need a small army of (100 or more) Red dragons to efficiently raise incu-hatchable eggs to adults. By that calculation, I'll need another 56-72 Reds myself, the former being the number if I don't freeze hatchlings. That's a lot of Reds.

Then I tried calculating how long it'll take to get 100 Red dragons, then 100 Male Pinks and finally 100 Female Pinks. It's something like four months of work with the right breeding conditions. Not even going to bother with writing those calculations down, they're all over the place, though you will definitely need the Reds first. xd.png

I have not run out of incubate with all the recent changes, but I have about 118 Red Dragons.

However, the cooldown for Pinks and the Inflluence BSA is only one week instead of two, so I think you can halve your estimate on the needed Pinks.

I have not run out of incubate with all the recent changes, but I have about 118 Red Dragons.

However, the cooldown for Pinks and the Inflluence BSA is only one week instead of two, so I think you can halve your estimate on the needed Pinks.

Ah derp, I use influence fairly often, silly of me to overlook the shorter cooldown time. Thanks!

Looks like over 100 Reds and 50/50 Pinks is the goal then, cheers. smile.gif

Technically, if a person is in the business of trading/gifting/freezing hatchies, the amount of incubates needed per day from Incuhatch ready eggs from the AP is limited only by the constraints of time willing to play and time needed to gather clicks thru hatcheries.

So the number of red dragons needed is really based on style of game play more than slot limits on the scrolls.

Edited by natayah

Technically, if a person is in the business of trading/gifting/freezing hatchies, the amount of incubates needed per day from Incuhatch ready eggs from the AP is limited only by the constraints of time willing to play and time needed to gather clicks thru hatcheries.

So the number of red dragons needed is really based on style of game play more than slot limits on the scrolls.

Yeah, go all logical and stuff on us! tongue.giflaugh.gif

Decided to do a little chart when someone in IRC decided that it should be calculated.

user posted image

So the ideal amount for raising only own dragons that you intend to keep would be 56.

Though when taking into account trading and incu-hatching, more Reds than that 56 is recommended strongly. Doubling the ideal amount should do the trick. Tripling if you are incu-hatch happy person smile.gif

Decided to do a little chart when someone in IRC decided that it should be calculated.

user posted image

So the ideal amount for raising only own dragons that you intend to keep would be 56.

Though when taking into account trading and incu-hatching, more Reds than that 56 is recommended strongly. Doubling the ideal amount should do the trick. Tripling if you are incu-hatch happy person smile.gif

I love this chart. That would make a cool t-shirt.

-----------------

I have 136 adult reds, 5 hatchlings and 1 egg. I never seem to have more than 20 available reds at any time, and I ran out several times in the last few weeks.

In the last 2 weeks, 4 days I have needed over a dozen just to get what I needed incubated for that day, especially since I have been incubating vine and black eggs that I find to see if they alt..

I love this chart. That would make a cool t-shirt.

-----------------

I have 136 adult reds, 5 hatchlings and 1 egg. I never seem to have more than 20 available reds at any time, and I ran out several times in the last few weeks.

In the last 2 weeks, 4 days I have needed over a dozen just to get what I needed incubated for that day, especially since I have been incubating vine and black eggs that I find to see if they alt..

I have no idea what Im looking at...

... but its beautiful.

What would be the minimum trophy level needed to get one pair of CBs for each of the "7 dragons in 7 days" release, assuming one is completely free of eggs and hatchlings when it begins?

I would assume that since you want a pair of each, and there are 7 dragons to be released, that makes a total of 14 eggs. You would need a gold trophy in order to get the first round of 7 eggs, wait til they hatch, and then get another 7. You might could do it with a silver trophy but it would take more rounds of egg catching.

I just worked it out by hand, and it turns out that you can pull it off with as low as a bronze trophy if you have enough Incubates and time your grabbing correctly. With no incubates it would require a minimum of silver.

Day 1:  2 eggs at 7 days/ 2 eggs at 6 days (Incubated)

Day 2:  2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 7 days/ 2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 5 days (I)

Day 3:  2 eggs at 5 days, 2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 7 days/ 2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 5 days, 2 hatchlings at 7 days (I)

Day 4:  2 eggs at 5 days, 2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 7 days, 2 hatchlings at 7 days/ 2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 5 days, 2 hatchlings at 7 days, 2 hatchlings at 6 days (I)

Day 5:  2 eggs at 5 days, 2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 7 days, 2 hatchlings at 7 days, 2 hatchlings at 6 days/  2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 5 days, 2 hatchlings at 7 days, 2 hatchlings at 6 days, 2 hatchlings at 5 days (I)

Day 6:  2 eggs at 7 days, 2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 5 days, 2 hatchlings at 7 days, 2 hatchlings at 6 days, 2 hatchlings at 5 days/ 2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 5 days, 2 hatchlings at 7 days, 2 hatchlings at 6 days, 2 hatchlings at 5 days, 2 adults (I)

Day 7*:  2 eggs at 7 days, 2 eggs at 6 days,  2 eggs at 5 days, 2 hatchlings at 7 days, 2 hatchlings at 6 days, 2 hatchlings at 5 days, 2 adults/  2 eggs at 6 days, 2 eggs at 5 days, 2 hatchlings at 7 days, 2 hatchlings at 6 days, 2 hatchlings at 5 days, 4 adults (I)

Bronze trophy and 12+ Incubates will let you do it with one free egg slot left over at all times; that wiggle room would let you squeak by with less than 12 if you're careful but I've got a family gathering to attend so I'll leave it to someone else to figure out how many less.

Okay, here's one. How many Pinks of each gender would I need to never run out of Pinks with each trophy level (assuming each batch of eggs were Influenced in equal amounts of both genders each time)?

Well for gold you need 50 (25 of each gender), which was figured out thanks to the fact that you need 49 reds for a gold trophy.

Since you need 42 reds for a silver trophey I'll devide that in half since pinks cd time is shorter, then multply that by two since you need a pink of each gender, meaning you need 42 (same amount as reds) for a silver trophey.

Since a bronze trophey requires 35 reds I'll do the same thing for pinks. 35/2=17.5. Since you can't have half a dragon I'll round that up to 18. Now double it to get the amount of pinks you need 18 x 2=36

For no trophy you need 28 reds, so you'll need the same amount of pinks, just make sure your genders are a 14/14 split.

How many reds would you need if you pick up everything incuhatchable from the ap?

Assuming that you have free hatchie slots and free egg slots at a gold trophy level you have 21 spaces.

So to completely lock yourself to start you need 21 reds. Those hatchlings would then tie up your slots fro 5 days so your cd chart would look like this when the hatchlings grew up.

21 reds: 9 days on cd

So we need to figure out how many cycles happen before those reds come off cd. So we take another 21 reds and fully lock ourselves again. Those hatchlings grow up in 5 days bringing our chart to:

21 reds: 4 days on CD

21 reds: 9 days on CD

So we grab another 21 eggs to lock our selves with. Those grow up in five days bringing our chart to:

21 reds: READY!

21 reds: 4 days on CD

21 reds: 9 days on CD

So you need 3 groups of 21 reds, and 3 x 21 =63.

Someone with that many reds can check my math, but remember that I assumed all slots full, you don't trade off the hatchlings for less hatchlings, etc. This is the minimum.