brairtrainer

Dragcave Maths

I'm going to ask the question that everyone seems to be asking: approximately how many people are playing DC & joining events & collecting tickets?

Does anyone know how many dragons you can raise in a full year (meaning no leap year) with/without incubate? I was planning to IOU my way to 2,048 CB Whites, but then came to my senses that I could achieve much faster if I were to start collecting on my own as well (and yes I am aware I won't reach that max since of time loss through hunting/lineage projects/other variables). I'm going to go and try to calculate it, but I was wondering if anyone else knew how much.

Is that assuming you get everything as a seven day egg? Should be 7*365/2 if you incubate, 7*365/3 if you don't, assuming you immediately grab a new one and nothing lingers past the 4 day mark before hatching, right?

Hatchie slots can always keep up with egg slots if you don't take in hatchies and everything grows up at four days, so it's just number of eggslots*number of days/time each egg occupies an egg slot.

If you give yourself a 12 hour buffer for each egg to allow for it being a bit slow to hatch or for taking time to refill each egg slot you get 1022 (=7*365/2.5) a year with incubates.

All of the above of course leans on me not having missed anything that would make constant cycling impossible, and I'm not sure it accounts for the beginnings and endings (you might wind up with fractions of dragons at the ends which can be added mathematically but aren't full dragons?). Also you'd have to effectively skip holiday events and stuff.

If you keep one egg slot free for breeding to earn hatchies from people (you'll have 7 non-egg slots free to put earned hatchies in for one day of every 'cycle' in the incubate variation, so (hypothetically) get them at 5 days or less) it's 6*365/2.5 = 876 plus whatever your trading earns.

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

Is that assuming you get everything as a seven day egg? Should be 7*365/2 if you incubate, 7*365/3 if you don't, assuming you immediately grab a new one and nothing lingers past the 4 day mark before hatching, right?

Hatchie slots can always keep up with egg slots if you don't take in hatchies and everything grows up at four days, so it's just number of slots*number of days/time each egg occupies an egg slot.

If you give yourself a 12 hour buffer for each egg to allow for it being a bit slow to hatch or for taking time to refill each egg slot you get 1022 (=7*365/2.5) a year with incubates.

All of the above of course leans on me not having missed anything that would make constant cycling impossible, and I'm not sure it accounts for the beginnings and endings (you might wind up with fractions of dragons at the ends which can be added mathematically but aren't full dragons?). Also you'd have to effectively skip holiday events and stuff.

If you keep one egg slot free for breeding to earn hatchies from people (you'll have 7 non-egg slots free to put earned hatchies in for one day of every 'cycle' in the incubate variation, so (hypothetically) get them at 5 days or less) it's 6*365/2.5 = 876 plus whatever your trading earns.

Yes assuming you get them as 7d eggs. smile.gif I have more than enough incubates to keep the cycle going (over 100 reds) so they shouldn't be a worry at all. Though my math ended up a bit different!

365 in a year

52.14285 (More numbers but ended it there) weeks in a year, rounded down to 52.

7 days a week

Then I started calculating how much you can raise in a given week.

Takes 2 days for them to hatch so 7/2 = 3.5 batches. To even it up I'd have to do 2 weeks which would be 7 batches a week. 7 batches would mean 49 every 2 weeks. With the 52 weeks in a year I'd divide 52 by 2 and get 26. Now multiply that by 49 and you get 1274. smile.gif

7*365/2 is slightly, slightly higher by 3.5

That's interesting though! It was a bit higher than I expected ^^

Yes assuming you get them as 7d eggs. smile.gif I have more than enough incubates to keep the cycle going (over 100 reds) so they shouldn't be a worry at all. Though my math ended up a bit different!

365 in a year

52.14285 (More numbers but ended it there) weeks in a year, rounded down to 52.

7 days a week

Then I started calculating how much you can raise in a given week.

Takes 2 days for them to hatch so 7/2 = 3.5 batches. To even it up I'd have to do 2 weeks which would be 7 batches a week. 7 batches would mean 49 every 2 weeks. With the 52 weeks in a year I'd divide 52 by 2 and get 26. Now multiply that by 49 and you get 1274. smile.gif

7*365/2 is slightly, slightly higher by 3.5

That's interesting though! It was a bit higher than I expected ^^

3.5 is your rounding error smile.gif 7*7*0.14285..../2 = 3.4998...

It's a pretty huge number, especially considering that if you weren't specific about lineage or breed you could go waaaay faster than that even without incubates by taking eggs from AP, and you'd need less of a buffer to realistically do that too. Makes the gold trophy look kind of easy to get :3

Ok, I have one I don't think have been asked yet, and if it have, slap me with it :3

We curretly have 19 holiday dragons available to breed with each other. 6 Valentine species (Val, Sweetling, Rosebud, Hearthseeker, Arsani, RA), 5 Halloween (BM,SW, CL, Grave, Desipis (not counting vampire and pumpkin since they either can't breed or only breeds with pygmies)) and 8 Christmas (Holly, Yule, SA, RD, WM, WW, Solstice, Misteltoes).

Assuming a user have 2 CB of each of these dragons, how long would it take to create the biggest possible even gen lineage for them?

I know some of these are set to a specific gender which will put some restrictions on the lineage and possibly exclude a specie or two from the project. I found 7 female-only breeds and 7 male-only breeds; including Holly when counting and reading in the wiki, but I could be wrong rolleyes.gif

So my 71 reds aren't overkill? LOL. I keep collecting them, even though I never run out of incubate BSAs.

Edited by harlequinraven

*Marking for future reference*

I love this thread! Especially the first few posts, they're funny to think about.

That even gen lineage is very enticing, I know a few people who would do it. Could it really be possible??

bumping as someone asked about how many BSA's they needed. also looking for more math biggrin.gif

Ok, I have one I don't think have been asked yet, and if it have, slap me with it :3

We curretly have 19 holiday dragons available to breed with each other. 6 Valentine species (Val, Sweetling, Rosebud, Hearthseeker, Arsani, RA), 5 Halloween (BM,SW, CL, Grave, Desipis (not counting vampire and pumpkin since they either can't breed or only breeds with pygmies)) and 8 Christmas (Holly, Yule, SA, RD, WM, WW, Solstice, Misteltoes).

Assuming a user have 2 CB of each of these dragons, how long would it take to create the biggest possible even gen lineage for them?

I know some of these are set to a specific gender which will put some restrictions on the lineage and possibly exclude a specie or two from the project. I found 7 female-only breeds and 7 male-only breeds; including Holly when counting and reading in the wiki, but I could be wrong rolleyes.gif

Well first you could only get to fifth gen, and since holidays can only breed with other holidays once a year (on their respective holidays) an easy answer would be five years not counting the halloweens. I will do a better calculation during the summer based on all holidays if I can track down which halloweens are limited by 7 egg limits and which were here during the 4 and one bred.

bumping as someone asked about how many BSA's they needed. also looking for more math biggrin.gif

Dang, I wish I knew about this thread before asking that question. xd.png

Oh well. Now others can see these maths, so I guess I did good?

Edited by IlaQuickel

What's the general amount of zombie tries to you on Halloween? I've got 15 dragons for zombie fodder.

What's the general amount of zombie tries to you on Halloween? I've got 15 dragons for zombie fodder.

You get max 10 actual tries. You'd have to kill 5 dragons exactly 2 weeks before Halloween and try to revive them early on Halloween. Then, once your kill-slots return on Halloween itself, kill 5 more and try to revive them.

Keep in mind adults can and do dodge quite often, and once they dodge they can't be killed for 24 hours. You'll want to have backup zombie-fodder for the 5 dragons you plan to kill on Halloween itself.

You get max 10 actual tries. You'd have to kill 5 dragons exactly 2 weeks before Halloween and try to revive them early on Halloween. Then, once your kill-slots return on Halloween itself, kill 5 more and try to revive them.

Keep in mind adults can and do dodge quite often, and once they dodge they can't be killed for 24 hours. You'll want to have backup zombie-fodder for the 5 dragons you plan to kill on Halloween itself.

Interesting, so my 15 dragons should be enough. Just got to work out the timing. Thanks!

You get a max of ten tries at adults/from frozen hatchlings. However you can have more from killing growing hatchlings.

Assuming you can maintain a hatchie lock with a gold scroll:

on the 10th you fog all the hatchlings (which should have all just hatched) they should die on the 17th. Things that die by running out of time do not take your kill slots so lets say you are able to lock yourself again with hatchies and fog them. These hatchlings should all die on the 24th. Then if you grab another set and fog those should all die on the 31st.

So all in all you have three hatchie lock tries and at a gold scroll that's three sets to try. So you have 10 adults + (21 x 3) hatchies

10 + (63)

73 chances. However it would mean missing halloween breeding (you could grab other halloweens from the wall after the new halloweens hatch if there are enough

You get a max of ten tries at adults/from frozen hatchlings. However you can have more from killing growing hatchlings.

Assuming you can maintain a hatchie lock with a gold scroll:

on the 10th you fog all the hatchlings (which should have all just hatched) they should die on the 17th. Things that die by running out of time do not take your kill slots so lets say you are able to lock yourself again with hatchies and fog them. These hatchlings should all die on the 24th. Then if you grab another set and fog those should all die on the 31st.

So all in all you have three hatchie lock tries and at a gold scroll that's three sets to try. So you have 10 adults + (21 x 3) hatchies

10 + (63)

73 chances. However it would mean missing halloween breeding (you could grab other halloweens from the wall after the new halloweens hatch if there are enough

Man that's quite a lot, I think I'll stick to trying for adult zombos though.

I wonder if you could my other halloween problem. My zombie creating dragon is solved, and that as to be done ON halloween. But what about breeding? I only have the pumpkin breed so I need one of each gender of each halloween dragon, is it possible for me to get them all and be egg-free for the new release?

I wonder if you could my other halloween problem. My zombie creating dragon is solved, and that as to be done ON halloween. But what about breeding? I only have the pumpkin breed so I need one of each gender of each halloween dragon, is it possible for me to get them all and be egg-free for the new release?

The Halloween breeds you don't have are Black Marrow, Shadow Walker, Cavern Lurker, Grave, Desipis, and Caligene. Since you want one of each gender of each breed, you need 12 dragons.

Breeding lasts a week before the new drop. Luckily for you, you only need 4 days to hatch your 12 dragons, as well as a few extras. You'll even have time for an entire extra scrollful of eggs.

How many Celestials do you need to have one of each Gender Corporealized, both adults (m + f) and hatchlings (m + f + u), every day for the rest of our lives?

With and without breeding them?

I know this might seem a bit difficult to calculate, but I'm curious.

xd.png

How many Celestials do you need to have one of each Gender Corporealized, both adults (m + f) and hatchlings (m + f + u), every day for the rest of our lives?

With and without breeding them?

I know this might seem a bit difficult to calculate, but I'm curious.

xd.png

I'm going to start with the without breeding them, since this answer should be able to cover all the genders first.

So each Celestial will have a week to be corporal and at the end of the week will become incorporal for 30 days.

The first Celestial becomes corporal (day one)

The first Celestial becomes ethereal and second becomes corporal (day 7--cool down 30 days 1)

The second Celestial becomes ethereal and third becomes corporal (day 14--cool down 23 days first one cool down 30 days second)

The third celsetial becomes ethereal and the forth becomes corporal(day 21--cool down 16 days first 23 second 30 days third)

The forth becomes ethereal and the fifth becomes corporal(day 28--cool down 9 days first, 16 days second, 23 days third, 30 days fourth)

The fifth becomes ethereal and the sixth becomes corporal(day 35--cool down 2 days first, 9 days second, 16 days third, 23 days fourth, 30 days fifth)

The first one is able to become corporial when the sixth one goes on CD.

So you need 6 of each gender and hatchling state, so two adults + three hatchlings = 6*5 or 30 all together.

As for breeding lets assume you are breeding the same day as you are making them corporal. You either need to have 12 adults you are not breeding or you need to have 60 adults if you breed the day after you make one corprial because of the cool down time. So the total for this would be 60+(6*3)=78

Begin with a new scroll. Assuming that

- you can play DC constantly

- all eggs you grab are from the biomes

- the first 49 you get are reds to incubate

how long would it take (at minimum) to get 10,000 adult dragons? How long if you froze as many as you could as soon as they hatched, obeying freeze limits?