brairtrainer

Dragcave Maths

How many reds would you need if you pick up everything incuhatchable from the ap?

It takes 3 days for hatchies to mature (7d->6d->5d->4d), so you'd get a new batch of hatchies every 3 days.

0 days passed - use 21 reds

3 days passed - use 21 reds

etc.

The first batch of reds used gets off cooldown after 14 days, so you need enough reds for days 0, 3, 6, 9, and 12. 21*5 = 105 reds needed.

For each trophy level (inc. no trophy) how long would it take to get the Magikarp badge? Assuming you only collected Shallow Waters, you had sufficient views, none died, all the eggs start from 7 days, and you used Splash everyday at the same time.

It takes 3 days for hatchies to mature (7d->6d->5d->4d), so you'd get a new batch of hatchies every 3 days.

0 days passed - use 21 reds

3 days passed - use 21 reds

etc.

The first batch of reds used gets off cooldown after 14 days, so you need enough reds for days 0, 3, 6, 9, and 12. 21*5 = 105 reds needed.

Our numbers are really far apart, could I get one more person to check the math? Then I'll answer the latest question, but I first need to know how many times you have to use splash to get the magikarp badge.

Our numbers are really far apart, could I get one more person to check the math? Then I'll answer the latest question, but I first need to know how many times you have to use splash to get the magikarp badge.

In your previous post, you show the Reds with a 9 day cooldown, rather than 14. I think that is the problem.

With 21 hatchlings every 3 days

day 0 - 21

day 3 - 21

day 6 - 21

day 9 - 21

day 12 - 21

day 15 - the 0 day Incubates would be ready again.

That's 105.

In your previous post, you show the Reds with a 9 day cooldown, rather than 14. I think that is the problem.

With 21 hatchlings every 3 days

day 0 - 21

day 3 - 21

day 6 - 21

day 9 - 21

day 12 - 21

day 15 - the 0 day Incubates would be ready again.

That's 105.

reds have a 14 day cd, and the babies grow up in 3 days, so I see my mistake it should read: (keep in mind 14-3=11)

First batch grows up 21 reds: 11 days until cd is up

Second batch grows up 42 reds: 11 days until cd for 21, 8 days until cd for 21

Third batch grows up 63 reds: 11 days until cd for 21, 8 days until cd for 21, 5 days cd for 21

Fourth batch grows up 74 reds: 11 days until cd for 21, 8 days until cd for 21, 5 days cd for 21, 2 days cd for 21

Fifth batch grows up 85 reds: 11 days until cd for 21, 8 days until cd for 21, 5 days until cd for 21, 2 days cd for 21, first 21 reds ready.

I'm still not getting the same numbers as you guys are, I'll have a couple of more people look at it, as I'd like this answered correctly, and I want to know that I can figure it out accurately.

Third batch grows up 63 reds

Fourth batch grows up 74 reds

Fifth batch grows up 85 reds

A small addition error:

63+21=84

84+21=105

So our numbers should be the same. smile.gif

Been playing the game since July 13th and already have Bronze. If all my eggs/hatchlings grow up I'll have 81 frozen/adults counted towards trophy. I have 2 freezes available as of now and will get more soon. What do you guys estimate me getting my Gold trophy? I'm estimating somewhere 3 months - 4 months since it'll be easier for me to raise adults once I get into Silver which shouldn't be too far away. Also, I do swipe hatchlings off AP and either grow them/freeze them depending if I want to hunt some rares in Cave/find more freeze fodders.

Reds: 6 adults, 1 egg (Will be collecting until I hit 110)

EDIT: Got my gold trophy in a day less than 2 months. smile.gif

Edited by Saynna

...I'm really tempted to find the square root of all the dragons. Can someone find out the square root of a Neglected?

Using the same method that Engiype explained to get the square root of a purple dragon, I got this as the square root of a (female)neglected:

user posted image

Pretty dull.

ETA: And because I luffs them, this is the square root of an ice:

user posted image

Edited by Aquenee

...Just saw this, got interested, and now I have a headache from looking over it and thinking "why do I never do this for things just when I'm bored"

I'm here to apologize, I'm sorry this thread died, although it seems that there have been some new questions since I last asked. Another user is interested in taking this over. I won't ask for this to be closed until they get that thread up and running, but this is a heads up!

I'm glad that I was able to do the math here for people, but it got to be too much. Hopefully the new thread will last longer and be mroe reliable.

Why would a new thread be needed? Anyone can ask and answer in this existing thread which keeps all the wonderful previous answers still in the existing thread. The "turnover" to someone else could occur in this thread if you wish to have a "main" answer person.

It was also so someone could update trivia. Sorry I didn't see the post so late ruby, the person who pm'd me on taking over the thread never mentioned that you had turned them down. I will try and keep up with answers as I now have a little bit of time in my schdule.

It was also so someone could update trivia. Sorry I didn't see the post so late ruby, the person who pm'd me on taking over the thread never mentioned that you had turned them down. I will try and keep up with answers as I now have a little bit of time in my schdule.

smile.gif Sounds good.

So I was in the irc one day and someone said they wanted to make a 100 gen even gen lineage, so I decided to find out the number of cbs you'd need, turns out that number is 1267650600228229401496703205376 individual cbs O.O. So I got to thinking there must be other interesting maths here.

Oh no! Unless you are alright with an inbred dragon. You only need two CB dragons. Then have a male and female pair of children for every gen.

I got a bit confused. Who can explain what's the square root of xxx dragon meaning? Surely I know what's square root, literally.

ETA: I can't see the picture of square root of female neglected dragon. It's broken.

Edited by Shelybear

The square roots of certain dragons are basicly condensing the sprite to one pixel and showing that color. When condensing all the colors mix so you get a 'square root'. Its explained by the user who did the purple dragon on the first page.

Assuming someone started playing DC at the very beginning (like, right after the moment it was created), what's the maximum amount of dragons they could have to date (without having used Incubate or catching hatchlings from the AP)?

Edited by Denwayasha

How many Reds would it take to be able to Incubate 7 Eggs every day, and have enough so that once group 10 is done incubating, group 1 are no longer on cool down?

How many Reds would it take to be able to Incubate 7 Eggs every day, and have enough so that once group 10 is done incubating, group 1 are no longer on cool down?

Actually, the number of reds shouldn't be 49 for never ending incubates on a gold trophy scroll. (Talking about the first post here) Reds take 14 days to cool down, so in fact it should be 14 x 7, which is 98 in total....

Can anyone provide the mathematical formula or calculations for how many dragons will be in a specific number of generations? Not how many CB dragons are needed as the base, but how many dragons(including its children, grandchildren, etc) are there in a specific generation(i.e 6EG, 3EG 8EG)

Edited by OtomeKristinOtaku

Actually, the number of reds shouldn't be 49 for never ending incubates on a gold trophy scroll. (Talking about the first post here) Reds take 14 days to cool down, so in fact it should be 14 x 7, which is 98 in total....

Can anyone provide the mathematical formula or calculations for how many dragons will be in a specific number of generations? Not how many CB dragons are needed as the base, but how many dragons(including its children, grandchildren, etc) are there in a specific generation(i.e 6EG, 3EG 8EG)

The 49 is because eventually you will hit a 21/21 lock.

If you're talking about an EG dragon, simply double the number of CBs and substract one, so an EG9 dragon, who needs 2^8 = 256 CBs would have 2^9-1 = 511 dragons all in all including the gen 9 dragon.

Assuming someone started playing DC at the very beginning (like, right after the moment it was created), what's the maximum amount of dragons they could have to date (without having used Incubate or catching hatchlings from the AP)?

Question - why are you excluding Incubate? Just curious.

Hmm, I'd need more details ... tho some of these might be findable with searches in the forums:

Date of the various changes to hatching and grow-up date over the years. Nowadays you can grow far more dragons at once, and day(s) faster, than a few years ago, so using today's figures back to the Cave start date would be a major overestimation.

* For example, when it went from "3 days" to "3 days + randomnumberhours" to "3 days, 23 hours, 30 minutes"

* When Incubate was brought into the picture, since that cut an entire day off the growth period. This was sometime between November and December, 2009.

* Lengths/dates of any significant downtime periods - have there been any over a day or two in length?

* Date when the number of eggs and hatchling slots were expanded. That one factor drastically increased the number we could have at one time, and completely changed the min/max equation for pushing through bulk volumes.

It used to be you couldn't go from egg to adult in less than 7 days, because In Those Olden Days we didn't have Incubate, and the timing of hatching and growing up was different. In fact, the first holiday after Incubate was established (Christmas 2009), your special eggs were growing up in 6 days and if yours had been bred on the first day of the 'season', you could have bred them to produce two generations in one season. Previous holiday breeding windows didn't have to worry about that, because nothing was going to grow up within the same week it had been bred.

My first holly is a result of that one-time event: His father was bred Dec 21, 2009. Because of Incubate and the other growup-timing-change that went into effect that fall, he grew up on Dec 27, 2009 and was immediately bred to produce another generation of hollies. Given how rare ANY holly was to catch back then, this was a pretty big event in terms of increasing the breeding population available for the 2010 holiday season.

TJ closed that loophole before Valentines, darn him smile.gif

Edited by WinstonGA

Does anyone know how many dragons you can raise in a full year (meaning no leap year) with/without incubate? I was planning to IOU my way to 2,048 CB Whites, but then came to my senses that I could achieve much faster if I were to start collecting on my own as well (and yes I am aware I won't reach that max since of time loss through hunting/lineage projects/other variables). I'm going to go and try to calculate it, but I was wondering if anyone else knew how much.