brairtrainer

Dragcave Maths

Spelunker in answer to your question: Yes

Why?: you have 134 days until your anniversary. Assuming your eggs hatch at the same time and you refill your slots asap you'll raise 266 dragons before your anniversary if you only have 6 egg slots.

262(dragons you have now)+266(dragons you'd pick up)=526, enough over the amount that assures that you'll get your gold trophey

back to even gen questions:

If i want to breed a 5/6/7/8 EG lineage adult all on my scroll.

how long would it take me assuming a gold trophy, able to catch any cbs i want, full incubates, perfect breeding and gendering. and: can this in any way be optimised.

for 2g: 10 days. catch 2 cb, incuhatch, breed, incuhatch.

for 3g: 15 days. catch 4 cb, incuhatch, breed, incuhatch, breed, incuhatch

starting with 4g it gets complicated.

I think, for a 5th gen, you need 24 days to breed it (or 29 to hatch it). See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key...ZEE&usp=sharing

Caveat: done quickly, I may have gone wrong somewhere! tongue.gif I might come back to this later to revise the answer into something more general!

Edited by Zaxian

Just a heads up updated the trivia section! So now answers from old questions are saved. Keep the questions up everyone biggrin.gif

no question. just want to say as a math geek this thread gives me a warm fuzzy feeling

<3 brair and Engi i espeically loved the square root of the purple dragon *giggles*

just a math question.........maybe some hard core planning after this

how long does it take to produce 2 4th even gen checkers without inbreeding?(just in case one fails)

Depends if you have all the CBs you need to start with.

After that - 2 days to hatch an egg; 3 more for the hatchie to grow up; so if you do NOTHING else while you created them, you need four pairs to breed for each line. That's one lot of 7 eggs, 5 days, and add the last egg at that point, when you can also breed the one complete 2nd gen pair - 5 more days. at which point you can also breed the other second gen pair The 3rd gen pair should be OK in another 5 days.

tl;dr - I make it just under 3 weeks.

Okay, I need to know this before I really dive in with a lineage.

How many CB's would I need for a 22 gen, non-inbred lineage? 22 is my favorite number, and if it's possible, I would like to work on that. Otherwise, I need to stop now. xd.png

Also, how long would it take if I already have 30 of the CB's?

Thanks for the help! I have no head for math. xd.png

Edited by Karigan Galadheon

16 days to get 2 non related 4EG dragons on your scroll if you have all 16 CB's, 13 reds and 14 pinks

if you started on March 1st, nothing misgendered and they produced the correct egg on each breeding then

Mar 13th and Mar 16th youd have the adults

Edited by Red2111

Depends if you have all the CBs you need to start with.

After that - 2 days to hatch an egg; 3 more for the hatchie to grow up; so if you do NOTHING else while you created them, you need four pairs to breed for each line. That's one lot of 7 eggs, 5 days, and add the last egg at that point, when you can also breed the one complete 2nd gen pair - 5 more days. at which point you can also breed the other second gen pair The 3rd gen pair should be OK in another 5 days.

tl;dr - I make it just under 3 weeks.

wow

that is amazing

i thought that it would be longer

thank you so much

Okay, I need to know this before I really dive in with a lineage.

How many CB's would I need for a 22 gen, non-inbred lineage? 22 is my favorite number, and if it's possible, I would like to work on that. Otherwise, I need to stop now. xd.png

Also, how long would it take if I already have 30 of the CB's?

Thanks for the help! I have no head for math. xd.png

So, to make a non-inbred even-gen lineage with:

"1" gen you need 1 CBs (= 2^0)

2 gens you need 2 CBs (= 2^1)

3 gens you need 4 CBs (= 2^2)

4 gens you need 8 CBs (= 2^3)

Thus, the formula for the number of CBs you need for an x-gen *even-gen* with no inbreeding is 2^(x-1).

So for a 22 gen = 2^21 = 2097152 CBs...

But, if you want a 22-gen stairstep, you need 22 CB's. Which is a bit more achievable.

adding 22 gen dragon cb amounts to the 3rd post

Stair case list for gens (non-inbred) CBs

100 gens: 101

Isn't this (from the 3rd post) wrong?

2nd gen Stairstep = 2 CBs

3rd gen Stairstep = ^that one + 1 CB = 3 CBs

4th gen Stairstep = ^that one + 1 CB = 4 CBs

100th gen Stairstep = 100 CBs?

Edit: possibly also worth adding the formula for even-gens that I mentioned about to the 3rd post as well? ("The formula for the number of CBs you need for an x-gen *even-gen* with no inbreeding is 2^(x-1).")

Edited by Zaxian

So a new player starts the game...knows a little about it and starts by collecting all red dragons he will need....

..... how many dragons could she/he raise in the time of one year (without help, and no hatchie caught on ap)

...how long before getting a gold trophy?

Thank you!

Edited by Becka

Sorry it took so long, but I've been busy. Now to answer to question!

First we have to see how long it takes to raise a dragon. Without incubate it takes three days as an egg, and three days as a hatchie for a total of 6 days. With Incubate it takes two days as an egg and three days as a hatchie bringing that to 5 days. Knowing these times are key. We are also assuming no lowtime eggs.

So lets say the person got four red eggs to start. If the person doesn't have to er them they will be hatchies in 3 days. So they grab 4 more eggs. Then those eggs hatch at the same time the next eggs grow up so at the 6 day mark you have 4 adults, 4 hatchies.

So the time now is 6 days.

Next the person will grab 4 more red eggs. These eggs will be incubated causing them to become hatchies in 2 days allowing them to pick up more. In addition the first 4 adults will not be able to incubate again until day 22 (incuhatchable). So by day eight we have 4 adult reds(on cool down until 22), 8 hatchies(4 will grow up tomorrow, 4 will grow up in three days), and 4 new eggs.

So the time is now 8 days.

The next day (day 9) 4 new reds grow up. Assuming again the person in incuhatching the eggs they will use their incubates on day 10 to incuhatch the eggs. Assuming they again pick up red dragon eggs you now have 8 adults(4 on cooldown until 22, 4 on cooldown until 24), 8 hatchies(4 will grow up tomorrow, 4 will grow up in three days), and 4 new eggs.

So the time is now 10 days.

So the person has the next batch of 4 adults grow up (day 11). Once again assuming incuhatching they will incubate the next 4 eggs on day 12. So after they pick up their next batch of eggs you now have 12 adults(4 on cd 22, 4 on cd 24, 4 on cd 26), 8 hatchies (4 will grow up in 1 day, 4 will grow up in three), 4 red eggs.

So time is now 12 days.

Once again assuming that all of the above remains the same and the players habits don't change by day 14 we get 16 adults (4 on cd 22, 4 on cd 24, 4 on cd 26, 4 on cd 28), 8 hatchies (4 will grow up in 1 day, 4 will grow up in three), 4 red eggs.

Following this we get to this list (less typing for me tongue.gif, keeping track of just adults as hatchie/egg pattern is set )

*Day 16: 20 Adults (4 on cd 22, 4 on cd 24, 4 on cd 26, 4 on cd 28, 4 on cd 30)

*Day 18: 24 Adults (4 on cd 22, 4 on cd 24, 4 on cd 26, 4 on cd 28, 4 on cd 30, 4 on cd 32)

*Day 20: 28 Adults(4 on cd 22, 4 on cd 24, 4 on cd 26, 4 on cd 28, 4 on cd 30, 4 on cd 32, 4 on cd 34)

*Day 22: 30 Adults(4 off, 4 on cd 24, 4 on cd 26, 4 on cd 28, 4 on cd 30, 4 on cd 32, 4 on cd 34, 4 on cd 36) Since you can't incubate eggs twice there are incubates left over until we hit first trophey.

*Day 24: 34 Adults(8 off, 4 on cd 24, 4 on cd 26, 4 on cd 28, 4 on cd 30, 4 on cd 32, 4 on cd 34, 4 on cd 36, 4 on cd 38)

*Day 26: 38 Adults(12 off, 4 on cd 28, 4 on cd 30, 4 on cd 32, 4 on cd 34, 4 on cd 36, 4 on cd 38, 4 on cd 40)

*Day 28: 42 Adults(16 off, 4 on cd 30, 4 on cd 32, 4 on cd 34, 4 on cd 36, 4 on cd 38, 4 on cd 40, 4 on cd 42)

*Day 30:46 Adults(20 off, 4 on cd 32, 4 on cd 34, 4 on cd 36, 4 on cd 38, 4 on cd 40, 4 on cd 42, 4 on cd 44)

On Day 32 (which brings us to 24 incubates at the ready) we get our bronze trophy so now we must re set our pattern. First we pick up five eggs and incubate them two days from now (day 34) So we have 24 incubates + 4 (from new cooldowns) +4 from the new adults so we have 32 incubates.

So we use up 5 of those on day 34 to bring our new balance to 54 adults (27 ready, 4 on cd 36, 4 on cd 38, 4 on cd 40, 4 on cd 42, 4 on cd 44, 5 on cd 46), 9 hatchies (4 grow up in a day, 5 grow up in 3 days), 5 eggs.

So now we just take it as how fast can we raise the adults. Since we will always have incubates ready I won't fiddle with the cd anymore. Because we aren't worried about that I'll only focus on days adults grow up (odd days)

on day 35 we have 4 new adults so we get 58

on day 37 we get 5 new adults 63

39:68

41:73

43:78

45:83

47:88

49:93

51:98

53:103

55:108

57:113

59:118

61:123

63:128

65:133

67:138

69:143

71:148

73:153

75:158

77:163

79:168

81:173

83:178

85:183

87:188

89:203

Okay now since there are now changes in the middle I'll use algebra to solve (though I could have used algebra back there I needed to know if there was any over carry, plus great ideas come at odd times)

500-203=297 eggs we still need to collect

since we can raise 6 eggs at a time we're gonna devide 297 by 6 to get how many times we need to raise eggs to get 49.5. since we know we get adults every two days we multiply this by 2 to get 99.

so 99 + 89 = 188 days

If someone wanted to have loads of side accounts filled with just one breed for each, how long would it take to get a Gold Trophy for each of these side accounts (one for each in-Cave breed; must be CB)? And how long would it take to 'complete' all of them? (Ideally, you'd just multiply one of the side accounts by however many accounts you'd need... right?)

Assuming that there are no Incubates and that the Cave is completely on their side (so he can catch them all the time, regardless of rarity). Also assuming that they will get an egg immediately after the others have hatched and none of them die. There are no frozen hatchlings and they must be fully grown.

Hope that all made sense. blink.gif

edit: added the italics part just now. Didn't make it as clear as I thought...

Edited by cfmtfm

If the conditions really are exactly as you described them and there is never any trouble getting an egg of any given breed exactly when you need it, then each of those side scrolls should take just as long as a normal scroll to reach a gold trophy, even with all of them going simultaneously.

Edited by Engiype

For the knowledge, how many CBs for a 1337th gen even lineage?

Edited by Ashywolf

reserving for answer as I don't have my computer or calculator with me.

Sorry for the long wait however I will not be able to answer the question because the number got so large I got an error on my calculator @.@

Edited by brairtrainer

For the knowledge, how many CBs for a 1337th gen lineage?

What kind of lineage? Stairstep? Even gen?

Number of red dragons needed for never ending incubates on a gold trophy scroll: 49

I have 54 Reds and a gold trophy, and I managed to run out of incubates.

Of course that's because of the relatively new possibility to catch lots of incuhatchable eggs from the AP (which I love biggrin.gif ) but I thought it might be interesting for people trying to get enough Reds.

I have 54 Reds and a gold trophy, and I managed to run out of incubates.

Of course that's because of the relatively new possibility to catch lots of incuhatchable eggs from the AP (which I love biggrin.gif ) but I thought it might be interesting for people trying to get enough Reds.

Yes, I think the number of Reds needed should be recalculated as well. I *know* I'm over 50, and I've almost run out!