Moonbeam22

CLOSED

user posted image

Halith looked at Lilani as she brought back the water. She could read her emotions, and could tell how fearful she was. Halith desperately wanted to tell her how scared she was as well, but didn't out of fear that this healing process would go nowhere without a stable coordinator. I have to stay calm and assure the others she'll be alright. If I don't...this would go horribly wrong... She sighed, and poured the water over Mifoki.

She then started looking over the scars. Halith touched her nose to her paw, and placed her paw over the scars, one by one. The magic began seeping out into the wounds, and started burning infection from them. Afterward, the magic began forming protective patchs over the scars. She continued healing them until she couldn't find anymore.

She then looked back at Lilani. "Can you help me put these moss pieces on Mifoki's skin?"

Thoughts and words then were meaningless. It was a time for action! Cyros ran back to the two unconscious dragons and saw the fire was out. He checked them both to assess which was in the worse condition, Cyros could only carry one. Bloodwing was in bad shape but Malkan was barely breathing. He covered Bloodwing with soft leaves and grass and carried Malkan to the cave.

Seraza laughed at Tenebris' joke. Younger sister? If anything I'm older. Not to mention I've saved you. Now, Seraza became more serious, should I find Sparkly for you? So that you can tell her how you feel? She really should know. Getting up, Seraza prepared to go back to the cave if she had to. Even if she was tired, she had to make sure this went well, it felt like her duty.

~~~~~

Unconscious, Malkan's breathing began to normalize. Although it was still shallow, he would live for the time being. However, the lack of oxygen to his brain caused Malkan to dream of strange things. He imagined that the entire jungle had caught fire, and that the trees were moaning as they burned to the ground. All the water had evaporated in Malkan's dream, and the sky was raining ashes. He felt scared, more for the safety of the others than for his own wellbeing. Malkan wanted to do something about the flames, but felt too hopeless to even lift a paw. He merely watched as the flames closed in, and began to laugh.

Tenebris sighed.

"The problem with that is, I do not even know exactly how I feel." He said. "With everything else, I feel so sure about, but with this, I just cannot tell."

user posted image

Sparkly's thoughts drifted away to the events that had happened before this as she kept pulling moss off the tree and laying them beside Halith. Seraza. She'd forced Sparkly to admit her feelings for Tenebris when she didn't want to. It was too early. How could Tenebris had possibly developed love too? He was a fighter. He hunted. Why would he have the time to love? "Sparkly, he cares about you. Isn't that love?" Perhaps...but he cared for her as a friend. Sparkly wished that there was a quiet place of her own that she could go to. Where nobody would find her. Well, at least for a while. Hmm. Maybe one of those adventurous hatchlings know a place? She could ask Airean. She'd ask later. After this was over.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Lilani was aware of Halith studying her terrified expression carefully, so Lilani blushed and turned away to finish her task. "Sure, Halith." She nodded and picked up a piece of moss, placing it tentatively over Mifoki's flank, which was horribly burned. Luckily, she had Halith's help. Lilani took more pieces of moss, covering the newly healed scars for extra protection. When the pile was gone, she padded over to Sparkly's side, taking some of the fresh green moss. The young Soulpeace noticed Sparkly's faraway expression and nudged her shoulder, trying to sound upbeat. "Hey Sparkly, what's up?" Lilani rolled a ball of moss around her paws, watching Sparkly from the corner of her azure eyes.

((OOC: Sorry, I forgot about Efflorere again.))

When Dream Dell woke up, Efflorere got really exited.

"You're awake! How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" He said rapidly.

He hoped that Halith's magic did indeed work, but he wanted to be ready just in case his friend still needed anything.

Bloodwing reached the point where he could dream again, and his dream was strange. He dreamed of large dragons, he dreamed they put him to sleep, he dreamed they put him back in his egg and he was trapped there forever. He also dreamed that Cyros had heard him and saved Malkan. And then he heard laughing, the laughter of the fire closing in on him, and he laughed back and began to fly, but his wing was broken. And in his dream he felt something new, something that would change him forever.

He felt fear.

(OOC: Hi SpirtitWolfe. And to everyone else, Bloodwing is close enough to Malkan that he is feeling some of his dream telepthically.)

Running was the only thing Cyros could think of, and it was the only thing he did with Malkan on his back. It was only a matter of time till he made it to the cave and dropped Malkan off.

"I got him... *huff* but Bloodwing is still back there. Malkan was having breathing problems when I found him so check that first."

user posted image

After gathering enough moss strips, Airean returned to the cave for the second time, and began placing them over Mifoki's scars. He was suprised by the large amount of them, but was confident that he, Halith, and Lilani would cover them all.

--------------------

user posted image

Halith glanced over at Malkan, and continued working on Mifoki. I don't even want to think about what he's going through right now!...I must focus... she thought. Finally, she saw that all the scars were covered with moss. "Perfect, that's enough moss. Since the moss fits loosely on her scars, it won't put any pressure on the rest of her skin. We'll save the extra moss in case some fall off. Since the burns were not as bad as I had anticipated, I'm not quite sure there's anything left to do now. Mifoki will get better for sure, but I'm not sure when." Halith took a step back, looked at the others, and proceeded to collapse onto the ground.

Bloodwing was terrified, he did not want to die. But he began to get angry, he was angry at himself for being an idiot, angry at the fire for existing, he was even angry at Mifoki for helping him, he would have preferred he be injured badly than Mifoki. But he no longer cared, he hated everything, he simply hated it. He hated his injuries, he hated his stupidity, he hated Tenebris and Sparkly and Sereza, he hated Cyros and Malkan and Aurae. He hated, and he simply let that flow like a telepathic broadcast, he hated it all! "I hate it! I hate! I hate all of you!" It went over and over. Then he simply sent his feelings, he hated... And he drifted away again.

(OOC: I leave this open to interpretation, feel free to have the others feel Bloodwing's hate in different ways.)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Alla deposited the first batch of moss on the ground, then went back to retrieve some more. As she approached the injured Mifoki, a sharp telepathic broadcast reached her head. She winced, not because of the message, but because of her head, in which the buzzing noise resided. It triggered another round of buzzes. Softer, but still very distracting.

"Can't this hatchling tell there's enough troubles already?" she muttered to herself. She was a but concerned, but was not in the mood to do anything.

She placed the moss by Mifoki, and found that it was not needed anymore. She listened to what Halith said, and hoped that Mifoki would recover. And then Halith collapsed.

"Are you alright?" Alla exclaimed, checking to see if she was unconscious. Poor Halith. There must've been many patients that day.

As Halith collapsed, Cyros thought about joining herself in the unconscious world, free from responsibility. He couldn't, he needed to finish his duty he felt towards the others. He had to!

"Take care of them. Halith needs rest, Malkan needs to be watched in case something happens. Mifoki needs to be tended to until further notice. I'm going to get Bloodwing. Now hurry!"

The words seemed to emerge from a unknown place in Cyros, but he didn't care. His words were true, and right now all that mattered was getting Bloodwing home and safe. He ran at max speed back to Bloodwing. He checked his wounds and bleeding and placed him on Cyros' back. He then began his final sprint back to the cave. He only hoped this adrenaline rush would last long enough.

Bloodwing dreamed again, he dreamed of the dragons putting him to sleep, but in his dream he hated them and he killed them and that made him glad. But then there was a catastrophe and he died, his hate had killed him, and he did not care, "It would be better that way." He thought. And he screamed telepathically. It was like a bloodcurdling murderous rage from an injured beast. A beast that would be killed on site by any of the others.

And then, for just a few moments that scream awoke from his belly and could be heard from his mouths. But then he was unconscious again.

(OOC: Bloodwing's mental condition is worse than his physical.)

The scream scared Cyros for the first time in his life. But determination and the adrenaline kept him going to his limit. He knew that scream proved that he needed help, and taking him to the cave was the only way to help him. Cyros ran until he got back, and laid Bloodwing on a small pile of moss.

"I need water for him!"

Seraza thought for a while, stumped by Tenebris' response. Maybe, she finally said, you're unsure about your emotions because you don't understand them. The same thing happened to me, when you first used your aura of dread. I was confused, but a little introspection helped me figure it out. Try it, Seraza finished, and you might just find out that you know more than you think. Seraza lay down again. She was afraid of what was happening with the others, but knew that she had to make sure that Tenebris wouldn't try to run away.

~~~~~

Eriadna got up as she heard the telepathic scream, and saw how many hatchlings were injured. I would love to talk to you later, Lance, she said, but I'm sure you understand that I need to help these hatchlings. Eriadna was, of course, referencing the incident last night with Velva, and how Lance had ignored her in favor of those needing aid. Walking over to the newly hatched nebula, Eriadna said, I'll get water. Could you check on Malkan, please? He seems to be breathing quickly, and I believe that there is a simple solution for that. Eriadna went to pick up some moss, and dipped it into the stream. After putting the moss down near the two-headed hatchling, she went to go get some more.

Cyros checked Malkan. His breathing was better than when he first found him, but it was something he needed help with. Cyros turned Malkan over so his lungs had no pressure on them, he then tilted Malkan's head back so his airways were not compressed. Cyros couldn't do much more with Malkan anymore but wait.

What Sereza said made sense, but he had no idea on how or where to begin introspecting himself. He supposed he could probably reflect in his actions as a start. When he had first met Sparkly scaler, he had automatically assumed her hostile, but soon came to the realization that she was not. She introduced him to the outside world, as well as the other dragons. When they were snuck up upon in the forest, he defended her, but why? What was his feelings then? He protected her as a sense of duty, and perhapse to an extent, friendship, but nothing more. And when he later gave her words of comfort, that was because he was her friend. Last night when they were walking though, were different emotions. They were stronger, and yet stranger, and less explainable. He remembered staring at her in the moonlight, and how beautiful he thought she was. He had never thought that before, and could not explain why exactly. That night when she woke up in the water, she seemed scared and worried, and though she was not really hurt, he felt great concern for her. He wanted to comfort her, more badly than he had wanted to that first day in the woods, but did nothing because he could tell that Sparkly wasn't ready to talk about it. And that bothered him that he did nothing for some reason. The next day when Sparkly was so hesitant to tell him about it, he pressed because of how much he cared, because he didn't want Sparkly to bottle up her feelings. Then when she was attacked, his heart felt something new to him. It was more than a sense of duty, and it was more than concern. He was... Frightened, and not just for Sparkly's safety. He was afraid of living without her, without seeing her, without talking to her for another day. He was afraid of a life in which Sparkly Scaler did not exist. He now knew what he felt, and what he needed to tell Sparkly the next time he saw her. But he had no idea how.

((OOC: That was so darn hard to write.))

((OOC: Seraza succeeds! Wow. That was a lot of text.))

Seraza watched Tenebris' emotions, or at least, the ones he showed outwardly. Eventually, she offered, I can get Sparkly now, if you want. Seraza hoped that she was reading Tenebris' emotions correctly, and that he had finally realized what he truly felt about Sparkly. I guess that there's only one way to find out, Seraza thought to herself in an attempt to inspire confidence and resolve.

"No thank you, she is probably busy, and she will come when she is ready." Tenebris said.

Was he really that easy to read? Tenebris realized that as he was thinking through what he felt, he wasn't paying that much attention to mask them so that he could understand them better. He then resumed his normal stern outwards appearance.

Bloodwing dreamed of the adult dragons again, he was able to hear them a little this time.

"We cannot find another Bloodscale couple willing to give up an egg." Said a Water dragon.

"We must take a hatchling then." An elderly White said sadly. "Son, go and find one willing." She said to the Gilded next to her.

"But mother, I am a Gilded Bloodscale. Maybe I should go."

"You are also my son and I cannot lose you." She said looking scared.

"But you are going to lose me anyway, why not let me have a better life in the future?" Her son said.

"You are already almost mature," She said desperately, referring to the partially grown wings on his back, "the stasis process may not work. And if it does you will not remember me."

"But I must try." He said, "If it does not work then I will stay with you until the end, I promise."

"Bloodwing, you are my only child. I cannot!" She said.

And it stopped there, he realized was not dreaming, he was remembering. "NO! I refuse!" He thought angrily. "I am not capable of being so selfless." He screamed again, although this time it remained telepathic.

(OOC: Trying to explain the wings better, it can go if people hate it. Also, I remember Moonbeam saying DC breeding rules do not apply, so a White could still have a Gilded Bloodscale son. SW FTW!)

Seraza seemed skeptical. Are you sure, she asked, because she seemed quite saddened by your reaction? I think she's scared that you don't care for her like she does ... anyways, whatever you want. Seraza realized that she wouldn't be able to call over Sparkly, at least physically. Mentally, Seraza sent a message to Sparkly, come back to Tenebris, Sparkly. He wants to speak to you, and I think you'll be pleased with what he has to say. But don't just trust what I have to say, come and hear it for yourself. Seraza hoped that her message would get through. Edited by Shibadruid

"She did?" Tenebris asked. "I did not know."

He now felt somewhat ashamed.

Bloodwing felt something and stopped, he decided to seek out Sereza, she seemed like she would understand the best. He searched for her presence. "I am an idiot." He thought at her. "I hate you all. I would be best if I were dead, otherwise those around me will suffer." He started to drift off, but he was determined to hold on for a bit longer.

((OOC: I will now use simple italics for telepathy, so that I have more options when it comes to emphasis.))

Seraza was shocked by what Bloodwing had telepathically said to her. In reply, she messaged to him, what are you saying, Bloodwing? You're mad that I left you alive? I may ... scratch that, I do hate you, but killing yourself is not the route to go down. You are dejected because you merely can't handle the truth! You have the ability to do good and evil both, you must simply balance yourself between them. If you choose one path or the other, I assure you that someone, somewhere, will hunt you down and kill you. You must simply cope. But don't worry, Seraza added sarcastically, knowing Bloodwing's current state, I'll send for help! Then, turning back to Tenebris, Seraza said, yes, she seemed a bit sad. She left after you blacked out to go help those who were hurt. I think, however, Seraza added, that the others could do without another helper. In any case, I can still call her over, Seraza said, pretending that she hadn't already done so.

Edited by Shibadruid